Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Hmm.  Buncha no names behind him, so they probably won't trust them either.  Maybe they could sign  FA to help.  I don't know who's out there though.  

Is Ajayi still available? 

This is awesome 🤩 ( for the "Emmitt was only great because of that line" people lol )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

This is awesome 🤩 ( for the "Emmitt was only great because of that line" people lol )

Man that shite is old. Got any cowboy highlights in HD? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Man that shite is old. Got any cowboy highlights in HD? 

Haha, I know.....just feeling a bit nostalgic, and Emmitt was / is pure class.

Did you watch it? It was also fantastic hearing all those great announcers, really miss those voices / personalities. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Haha, I know.....just feeling a bit nostalgic, and Emmitt was / is pure class.

Did you watch it? It was also fantastic hearing all those great announcers, really miss those voices / personalities. 

I'm not watching that. I lived through it. That was enough. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm not watching that. I lived through it. That was enough. 

:first:

The point here is RBs dont matter.

If this were a QB the owner wouldnt be able to say "....who?".   

RBs have a rough job.  But if you do something that is easily replaceable then you have no leverage.  This isnt a new idea.  This is how it works in the real world.

Now some may try to argue that RB position is more valuable.  I just dont agree and GMs/owners do not either.  

Out of the 3 guys on offense....all of whom would be overpaid compared to their skill level, they just cannot resign Zeke.   

Tons of carries already. Check.

Idiot.  Check.

Good enough oline any decsnt RB would do well behind. Check.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

The point here is RBs dont matter.

If this were a QB the owner wouldnt be able to say "....who?".   

RBs have a rough job.  But if you do something that is easily replaceable then you have no leverage.  This isnt a new idea.  This is how it works in the real world.

Now some may try to argue that RB position is more valuable.  I just dont agree and GMs/owners do not either.  

Out of the 3 guys on offense....all of whom would be overpaid compared to their skill level, they just cannot resign Zeke.   

Tons of carries already. Check.

Idiot.  Check.

Good enough oline any decsnt RB would do well behind. Check.

I suppose it's true that if I want to win now there are are 3 RBs I take over Justin Tucker. Long haul, there are none. If I have a bad team, give me a great RB to fill gaps in the offense. If I have a great team, solid will do. The salary cap has ruined the position. No salary cap and Dallas gives Zeke whatever he wants. Any "character" issues fade away.

There's a (shocking) swell of support for Jerry on this. All the locall Jerry bashers (myself included), all the usual blind ass homers - everybody seems to have rallied behind the old man - 1st time I can ever remember such a thing happening.

Zeke isn't getting much love or sympathy in big D over this.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

There's a (shocking) swell of support for Jerry on this. All the locall Jerry bashers (myself included), all the usual blind ass homers - everybody seems to have rallied behind the old man - 1st time I can ever remember such a thing happening.

The tide has turned for players.  No one likes a bunch of overpaid, disloyal crybabies.  From the Owners to the fans.  AND NE has set the standard for treating position players (minus Brady) like garbage and they keep winning big.  AND RBs are so near extinction that today's offenses don't even factor in the run game.  Lose all around for RBs.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Well,it's mostly because Zeke is a complete a-hole I'm sure. I can imagine he's kinda hard to root for. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well,it's mostly because Zeke is a complete a-hole I'm sure. I can imagine he's kinda hard to root for. 

That's for damn sure. I never wanted him at #4 anyway - you know I wouldn't offer him a big extension to stay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

That's for damn sure. I never wanted him at #4 anyway - you know I wouldn't offer him a big extension to stay.

The Cowboys have a damn good defense now, and as a result, Zeke is less important to the teams success. Still better to have him, but he's not the only positive the team has going for it like a few years ago. 

• Like 1

Just so you know, I have no patience with players who are "special needs", like Dez. I would have kicked him to the curb years ago. 

Zeke is his own worst enemy. The goof should just get drunk at home. 

Having said that, I am totally with Zeke on his hold out. I knew as soon as Pollard scored, Jerry would have something snide to say, too. 

:wave:

Here's the thing.  The cowboys haven't been relevant for about 20 years.  They've finally built a team that should be really good.  And they're letting all these contract issues and the Zeke situation create distractions.  I hate Jerry Jones and I hope he focks this up as he has most things since letting Jimmy go.

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Cowboys have a damn good defense now, and as a result, Zeke is less important to the teams success. Still better to have him, but he's not the only positive the team has going for it like a few years ago. 

Save the money to resign the defense 1 by 1.   Draft a 3rd round RB next year.  

Aaron Jones was a 5th rounder and Im perfectly happy with him as the guy in GB.  Kamara, Hunt, Conner....the list can go on.   There is a reason why rookie RBs are very relevant in fantasy football each year.  Many years having multiple in the top 12 by years end.   It is a very easy position to fill.   Zeke at 4 or Barkley at 2 its all just madness to me.

And this is exactly why the cowboys haven't been relevant in decades. Jerry has zero ability to think 20 minutes into the future. 

This was obviously going to happen when they took zeke in the top 5. This is why you don't take rbs that high. 

Nice game Boys! 😎

Zeke who? 

In the face of a brutal schedule, Dallas's first 3 games are very favorable - ones we will be expected to win.

Zeke can't afford for this team to start 3-0 w/out him. Talks are underway and expect him to be at practice on Tuesday - this is getting done. 

• Like 1

ProFootballTalk reports the Cowboys are close to signing Ezekiel Elliott to a six-year, $90 million extension.

Elliott is back in Dallas after training away from the team. There were reports of a snag in contract talks over the weekend, but all signs now point to a deal getting done. The $15M AAV would tie Elliott with Todd Gurley as the highest paid back in the league and keep him signed through 2026. After holding out the entire preseason, Elliott looks on track to return ahead of Week 1.

Sep 3, 2019, 12:06 PM ET
  •  
  • Sad 1

Zeke is a talented RB - no arguments.

But this line has (now) produced not 1, but 2, league leading rushers...... Humm, maybe there's a message there.

Paying this clown that kind of money, tying up that kind of Cap space in a backfield - is focking retarded.

19 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

But this line has (now) produced not 1, but 2, league leading rushers...... Humm, maybe there's a message there.

Paying this clown that kind of money, tying up that kind of Cap space in a backfield - is focking retarded.

Damned if they do damned if they don’t though. It would probably be smart to let him walk but that puts a serious dent in Dallas’s SB aspirations. So either they let him walk and punt on the season or overpay him. 

The weird one for me is Dallas re-signing pretty much everyone but the QB. Cowboy fans say Dak is so clutch and such a stud but the team doesn’t seem to want to pay him.

18 minutes ago, MDC said:

The weird one for me is Dallas re-signing pretty much everyone but the QB. Cowboy fans say Dak is so clutch and such a stud but the team doesn’t seem to want to pay him.

Of the 3, Dak is the one who actually has them over a barrel. I think Jerry is taking advantage of Dak's character, knowing he can ride it out as long as he needs to w/out him holding out........... Worst case, Jerry can Franchise him for a while until something gets done.

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Of the 3, Dak is the one who actually has them over a barrel. I think Jerry is taking advantage of Dak's character, knowing he can ride it out as long as he needs to w/out him holding out........... Worst case, Jerry can Franchise him for a while until something gets done.

Dak is not worth franchise money.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Dam is not worth franchise money.

I agree.

But they don't have any other options, least not viable ones. Outside of dealing away future #1s and 2s - Jerry is stuck with him.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Cowboy fans say Dak is so clutch and such a stud but the team doesn’t seem to want to pay him.

Which Cowboys fans are saying this?  Most here aren’t too high on Dak. 

31 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Which Cowboys fans are saying this?  Most here aren’t too high on Dak. 

The Cowboys subreddit (lurker) seems to think he’s a stud. At least, they think he’s better than Carson Wentz.

Just now, MDC said:

The Cowboys subreddit (lurker) seems to think he’s a stud. At least, they think he’s better than Carson Wentz.

He was good/lucky that first year, but he hasn’t shown me much to be excited about since.  

Just now, vuduchile said:

He was good/lucky that first year, but he hasn’t shown me much to be excited about since.  

I think he’s pretty good, like in the 12-15 range of starters. A team with a strong running game and D like Dallas can absolutely win with Dak. I definitely would not want to be paying him franchise QB type $ but I understand the alternative is years of Quincy Carter type bullshiit so Jerrah will pony up.

If I were owner I would have traded Zeke away long ago, but I'm not the owner of the greatest franchise in professional sports.

Not a fan of this signing at all, but if Jerry feels that this is his greatest shot at another Superbowl Win, I'm in. 

The Little Ewok better be worth it! 🤬

4 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

If I were owner I would have traded Zeke away long ago, but I'm not the owner of the greatest franchise in professional sports.

Not a fan of this signing at all, but if Jerry feels that this is his greatest shot at another Superbowl Win, I'm in. 

The Little Ewok better be worth it! 🤬

Jerry Jones bought the Yankees? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Yep. That's why taking a running back top five is focking dumb. The jags and giants will be in a similar boat soon.

Rb is now a position of rolling with 2nd and 3rd round rookies, run the tires off of them, and throw em aside and get another one. They aren't franchise cornerstones anymore.

Looks like my gamble at taking Zeke at 1.06 and missing Pollard might actually pay off. :banana:

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yep. That's why taking a running back top five is focking dumb. The jags and giants will be in a similar boat soon.

Rb is now a position of rolling with 2nd and 3rd round rookies, run the tires off of them, and throw em aside and get another one. They aren't franchise cornerstones anymore.

Not for both teams in last years Super Bowl.