Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

On 10/30/2019 at 9:00 AM, iam90sbaby said:

$20 says he doesn’t 

Cowboys DE Michael Bennett stands for national anthem for the first time since 2016

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article237010684.html?fbclid=IwAR2UXtf_dMaQmQ2U0wGDiPTV6nBhD-Lo9xdfKIyx0IPywDBoN822jT3gXhU#storylink=rss

20 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Oh good. Police brutality has been solved I guess. Awesome. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh good. Police brutality has been solved I guess. Awesome. 

Not sure where you got that from the article. :dunno:

I was just posting it as a follow up to this issue on the previous posts. Turns out I was right again on a couple points.

12 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Not sure where you got that from the article. :dunno:

I was just posting it as a follow up to this issue on the previous posts. Turns out I was right again on a couple points.

He was kneeling because of police brutality. Now he's not. I can assume police brutality isn't an issue anymore.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He was kneeling because of police brutality. Now he's not. I can assume police brutality isn't an issue anymore.  

you know what they say about assuming........ 

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

you know what they say about assuming........ 

I just noticed your new profile pic - that's pure gold there. :lol: 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Big Guy said:

I didn’t hate Dallas’ play calling in the redzone late in the 4th. They correctly decided to drain the clock and the OL shouldn’t let Zeke get dropped for a loss in that situation.

The final desperation drive made no sense. There is no reason to fair catch that punt to save the clock if you’re going to throw a couple of 5-yard passes to set up a Hail Mary anyway. Dumb.

Dallas remaining schedule other than the Pats is really light. I am just hoping the Week 16 Eagles / Cowboys game is for the division.

Howdy Doody FTL

• Thanks 1

Good grief - where to start...

* K. Moore, Red Garrett - I don't; even know who to blame anymore. That last series of downs was the most idiotic, asinine, stupid series of plays I've ever seen in a situation like that. MIN had stuff the run all night long, and you thought it was a good idea to run it - twice??? Then the pass play do you call is that one? Amari and Cobb are eating the Vikes alive - and, in 4 downs, you NEVER look  their way, not once???!!!??? FFS - damn clown show.

* How many yards did Cook have rec? Does our $90m dude not catch balls too? He caught 1 big one and then Moore/Red went away from it - why?

* Speaking of play calling, (the possession before the last one) we had 1st and goal from the 6  - and only get 3 pts?

* Dak was phenomenal - as good as he's ever been... But dude, run the focking ball sometime! When Dak runs, we move chains and we win - he never pulled it once.

* Now the real (main) reason we lost last night - Run Defense Exposed............. AGAIN! How many Monday's do I have to come on here and scream that we can't stop the run? Jerry has $90m for a RB who didn't do shiit, but he can't splurge a little for a nasty ass DT or two? D. Cook ate our ass up - we were his biitch. And those that did get a arm on him barely even slowed him down - pitiful tackling display by this team.

* The last punt is being overblown and way over played... Like it or not, it wasn't the worst call - maybe even the right call to fair catch.... We had no TOs, Tavon Austin is 5'8" and 170 bls - just as likely to fumble as return it big... Of all the controversial calls last night by Red - this one was nothing, #328 on the reasons we got beat.

* Well Boys you have now lost to NO, GB and MIN - 2 of them at home..... Still think you're a contender? LOL, yea - enjoy the Kool Aid.

10 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

* The last punt is being overblown and way over played... Like it or not, it wasn't the worst call - maybe even the right call to fair catch.... We had no TOs, Tavon Austin is 5'8" and 170 bls - just as likely to fumble as return it big... Of all the controversial calls last night by Red - this one was nothing, #328 on the reasons we got beat.

Letting your playmakers try to make plays is football. Red was probably a bit disappointed that he took the ball out of Austin's hands.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Letting your playmakers try to make plays is football. Red was probably a bit disappointed that he took the ball out of Austin's hands.

I doubt it. The ball was kicked to our 46. With only 17 seconds left - Red prolly felt better about his chances with Dak than Austin. Let's say he picks up 12 - okay, now you have 7 seconds left and only 1 shot maybe.

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

I doubt it. The ball was kicked to our 46. With only 17 seconds left - Red prolly felt better about his chances with Dak than Austin. Let's say he picks up 12 - okay, now you have 7 seconds left and only 1 shot maybe.

What I don’t get is if you’re going to run two pass plays that took around 10 seconds to get within Hail Mary range anyway why not let Tavon pick up those yards on the return? Dumb.

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Either way it's 1 in a 1000.  Austin in the open field seems preferable to an extra Hail Mary IMO. 

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

What I don’t get is if you’re going to run two pass plays that took around 10 seconds to get within Hail Mary range anyway why not let Tavon pick up those yards on the return? Dumb.

Bcoz they don't throw PI flags punt on returns.

Like I said, so what if he picks up 12, 15? We still have to throw it - and now we've only 7 or so secs left.

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Either way it's 1 in a 1000.  Austin in the open field seems preferable to an extra Hail Mary IMO. 

He's the same size as a 9th grader - he's also just as likely to fumble.

If people think that was the reason we lost, they didn't watch the game.

4 hours ago, MDC said:

I didn’t hate Dallas’ play calling in the redzone late in the 4th. They correctly decided to drain the clock and the OL shouldn’t let Zeke get dropped for a loss in that situation.

The final desperation drive made no sense. There is no reason to fair catch that punt to save the clock if you’re going to throw a couple of 5-yard passes to set up a Hail Mary anyway. Dumb.

Dallas remaining schedule other than the Pats is really light. I am just hoping the Week 16 Eagles / Cowboys game is for the division.

Phillys remaining schedule less the pats is lighter.

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Bcoz they don't throw PI flags punt returns.

Like I said, so what if he picks up 12, 15? We still have to throw it - and now we've only 7 or secs left.

They don’t throw PI flags on 5 yard routes to the sideline either. My big issue is that the Cowboys took 10+ seconds off the clock to pick up yardage Tavon could have gotten on the return in half that time. They probably ran one fewer play because of the way they handled the clock.

Just now, MDC said:

They don’t throw PI flags on 5 yard routes to the sideline either. My big issue is that the Cowboys took 10+ seconds off the clock to pick up yardage Tavon could have gotten on the return in half that time. They probably ran one fewer play because of the way they handled the clock.

Meh - like I said, you're debating which 1-to-5000 odds call cost you a game -ridiculous.

I don't trust Tavon any more than Red does......... I'm all for sending Garrett to the guillotine this morning - but do it for something actually egregious. Send him for the countless blunders and calls made the last 2 drives of the game. Lop his head off for running on 1st down 16 times, compared to 14 passes. Btw - each 1st down run avg. 2.4 ypc - each 1st down pass avg. 8.3 ypc........ Whack his damn head off for that - I'll help hold him down.

Garrett was right to tell Tavon not to return. Just because Minnesota had horrible coverage and the punter kicked it right to him makes it look bad in hindsight.  Garrett had no idea Minnesota would be so incompetent. 

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Meh - like I said, you're debating which 1-to-5000 odds call cost you a game -ridiculous.

I don't trust Tavon any more than Red does......... I'm all for sending Garrett to the guillotine this morning - but do it for something actually egregious. Send him for the countless blunders and calls made the last 2 drives of the game. Lop his head off for running on 1st down 16 times, compared to 14 passes. Btw - each 1st down run avg. 2.4 ypc - each 1st down pass avg. 8.3 ypc........ Whack his damn head off for that - I'll help hold him down.

If you don’t trust him he shouldn’t be back there.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

If you don’t trust him he shouldn’t be back there.

No arguments from me.. I'm surprised he was even suited up. He has his mail delivered to the training room.

I love Skip as much as I hate Shannon

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I love Skip as much as I hate Shannon

your reply was the 666th, you've cursed them forever

• Haha 1

The Cowboys need to get their running game back on track. It's hurting the defense. 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

your reply was the 666th, you've cursed them forever

Well I do admit there's been some crazy voodoo chit happening since the New Orleans game.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Cowboys need to get their running game back on track. It's hurting the defense. 

No doubt.......I've said multiple times throughout this thread that both the O Line and Zeke aren't as good as they're advertised.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

36 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

No doubt.......I've said multiple times throughout this thread that both the O Line and Zeke aren't as good as they're advertised.

The Cowboys are just not a good team.  

They'll never be in the conversation if they continue to spot their opponents 2-3 scores before they wake up. 

Every week they find a new way to start slow so they can spend the entire second half playing catch up.  That's not what good teams do. 

The fair catch doesn't really bother me.  Counting on Austin to get a big return there is a low percentage play. A couple of outs and a Hail Mary is also a low percentage play. 

Toss up. 

17 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

The Cowboys are just not a good team.  

They'll never be in the conversation if they continue to spot their opponents 2-3 scores before they wake up. 

Every week they find a new way to start slow so they can spend the entire second half playing catch up.  That's not what good teams do. 

True......still a young team, maybe they'll grow up and learn how to take care of business someday. 

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

True......still a young team, maybe they'll grow up and learn how to take care of business someday. 

I think they're close to having enough talent to contend, but they need a coaching staff who can put it all together week in and week out.    

Dak is still a bit of a wild card.  There are times (last night)  when he looks like the real deal.  Other times, not so much. 

15 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

The fair catch doesn't really bother me.  Counting on Austin to get a big return there is a low percentage play. A couple of outs and a Hail Mary is also a low percentage play. 

Toss up. 

It bugged the shart out of me. In all my days I've never seen a predetermined fair catch. 🤬 It would have been much better to start at the 30 opposed to the 50, or better yet, score. The punt and kickoff returners have been a major issue with me for years.

13 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I think they're close to having enough talent to contend, but they need a coaching staff who can put it all together week in and week out.    

Dak is still a bit of a wild card.  There are times (last night)  when he looks like the real deal.  Other times, not so much. 

Bcoz of Jerry's passion and ego, this Dallas team is good.... But bcoz of Jerry's stubbornness and ego - good is our ceiling.

There is a fundamental (overall) philosophy that will forever plague this team as long as the old man is alive.

* Bells & Whitles, bells and whistles... if I've said that once I've said it a 1000 times here. Jerry is enamored with shinny things, he loves glamour and glitz. He spends money stupidly on Pro bowl stars, and ignores the worker bees.

* Case in point, $90m for a RB - seriously? How many games this year has #21 not even been the best RB on the field? How many times has the opposing RB looked like the #1 RB in football? Oh how great it would be to have half of that to bolster the DT position, to get some real safeties in here - but nah, those positions don't sell jerseys.

* Jerry wants to win, but he wants to win his way... His way is with his guys, his thumbprint. He wants to win offensively - meaning he'd rather see his team hang 35 in a loss, than win 9-6.

43 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

The punt and kickoff returners have been a major issue with me for years.

Dallas' return game has never been the same since Dwayne Harris left.

Remember when we fired a 4th at Ryan Switzer - bcoz he was supposed to be the all world kick return weapon? That was a nice bust.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Dallas' return game has never been the same since Dwayne Harris left.

Remember when we fired a 4th at Ryan Switzer - bcoz he was supposed to be the all world kick return weapon? That was a nice bust.

sure do