Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

so far this year.....

Zach Martin ( 1 game = covid )

Michael Gallup ( 5 weeks = calf )

La'el Collins ( 5 weeks = bullchit )

Randy Gregory ( 10 days = covid )

DeMarcus Lawrence ( 2 months = broken foot )

Hell.....even DL Coach Leon Lett ( Leg ) ......this is focking maddening!!! 🤬

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2021 at 9:48 AM, Big Guy said:

......this is focking maddening!!! 🤬

Please don't say that! They'll put Dak on the cover, and then we will be really screwed. Not as bad as the Giants, but still, really screwed. 

• Like 1

Tank Lawrence gone, R. Gregory gone - I think back to the 2017 draft, T.J. Watt was sitting there............................................and Jerry took Taco Charlton. :wall:

• Thanks 1

The team with the #1 overall pick is usually a team decimated by injuries.  Do the cowboys have their #1 pick in 2022?

they'll probably never admit the no call OPI, but at least this is something....

NFL admits mistake on play that potentially cost the Dallas Cowboys a Week 1 win over the Buccaneers

The Cowboys are feeling cheated by the NFL

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/9/18/22681265/nfl-admits-mistake-on-play-that-potentially-cost-the-dallas-cowboys-a-week-1-win-over-the-buccaneers?fbclid=IwAR3ZuzEJWo2i4QBTFR62O4Y57SZgKOKTRFYzlNFCIUhNSplEkMqBvodO3ok

2 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

they'll probably never admit the no call OPI, but at least this is something....

NFL admits mistake on play that potentially cost the Dallas Cowboys a Week 1 win over the Buccaneers

The Cowboys are feeling cheated by the NFL

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021/9/18/22681265/nfl-admits-mistake-on-play-that-potentially-cost-the-dallas-cowboys-a-week-1-win-over-the-buccaneers?fbclid=IwAR3ZuzEJWo2i4QBTFR62O4Y57SZgKOKTRFYzlNFCIUhNSplEkMqBvodO3ok

Theres always a play that can go either way.  Thats why i say that if you want to win an NFL game, win it by 2 scores.  If the other team is within 1 score then you have no right to biitch because you knew going in that one bad call or bad bounce can cost you the game.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Theres always a play that can go either way.  Thats why i say that if you want to win an NFL game, win it by 2 scores.  If the other team is within 1 score then you have no right to biitch because you knew going in that one bad call or bad bounce can cost you the game.  

True, but like I said, this isn't even THE non call that screwed the pooch.

Funny how we'll NEVER EVER see that the NFL got it wrong when Dallas wins a game. 

8 hours ago, Reality said:

McCarthy dodged a bullet today, terrible clock management.

yeah that was just dumb.....I still haven't heard what happened. I saw it, but I haven't heard an explanation.

Dan Quinn is leaving me Superbowl tickets at SoFi 

Dallas vs Cleveland is going to be an all time great Superbowl 

• Thanks 1

After 2 games..........

the Dallas Cowboys lead the league in Takeaways and Turnover Differential. :shocking:

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2021 at 6:53 PM, Reality said:

Dallas wasn't tailing, it was tied up. With the clock expiring on the FG attempt, at the very least they were headed to OT. 

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

After 2 games..........

the Dallas Cowboys lead the league in Takeaways and Turnover Differential. :shocking:

I said earlier in this thread that THIS Defense is going to be very dangerous, not yet, but very soon

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 4:53 PM, Reality said:

Chargers really needed this game.  3 of their next 4 games are against 2020 playoff teams, @Chiefs, Browns, @Ravens.  And the other game is the Raiders.  Then we follow that up vs the Patriots.  The final 10 game stretch is a cupcake though.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:02 PM, Cruzer said:

Tank Lawrence gone, R. Gregory gone - I think back to the 2017 draft, T.J. Watt was sitting there............................................and Jerry took Taco Charlton. :wall:

TJ got paid and immediately got hurt............apparently it runs in the family.  

• Like 1

Cowboys / Chargers highlights ( watch on youtube )

19 hours ago, Big Guy said:

I said earlier in this thread that THIS Defense is going to be very dangerous, not yet, but very soon

Not sure about very dangerous. This unit still has 2 gapping/gigantic holes - run stopping DT and Anthony Brown at CB. Hopefully Kelvin Joseph comes of IR an is able to step in for Brown. He's a rookie and will get burned - but he has freakish upside and at the very least, can't be any worse than what we have now. 

That being said, there's plenty of reason to be optimistic. This unit has looked really solid, and not just against 2 chumps - they faced down the Bucs and Bolts. We get another test this week in Philly. Hurts is a running QB - we tend to struggle with those. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Week 3 Highlights Cowboys vs. Eagles

Dallas Cowboys 20121 Ring of Honor Ceremony

Panthers vs. Cowboys Week 4 Highlights 

I too predicted a comeback year for Zeke.......this is a good sign

he'll probably go to the Giants or Eagles.......happens way too often

I know Kellen Moore calls the plays, but is he running the same offense that McCarthy ran in GB? Just curious because it got stale in GB but seems to be great in Dallas.

Really like Fish nowadays....

11 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Really like Fish nowadays....

Fish has been one of the best in the biz for a long time. Have always been a fan. 

• Like 1

"Smile and Wave Boys" :wave:

Giants vs. Cowboys Highlights ( watch on youtube )

Dallas is doing a really good job of getting pressures, but still need to actually get sacks. 

Also, our secondary is still needing help. Think we lead the league (or are near the top) of allowing 300+ yards passing games. 

Jabril Cox is going to make a big difference now that he's on the field in lieu of Jaylon... Really want to see Kevin Joseph heal up and get on the field too. Anthony Brown had a good game against NY, but he's still an avearag at best cb - with burn potential on every play. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Dallas is doing a really good job of getting pressures, but still need to actually get sacks. 

Also, our secondary is still needing help. Think we lead the league (or are near the top) of allowing 300+ yards passing games. 

Jabril Cox is going to make a big difference now that he's on the field in lieu of Jaylon... Really want to see Kevin Joseph heal up and get on the field too. Anthony Brown had a good game against NY, but he's still an avearag at best cb - with burn potential on every play. 

Wasn't Jaylon not getting on the field much anyway? Rumor is that front office told them not to play him so to not risk his injury clause.  

I'm not saying he was playing great ball.  But I am happy to have him on thr Packers.  Change of scenery can do a lot.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Wasn't Jaylon not getting on the field much anyway? Rumor is that front office told them not to play him so to not risk his injury clause.  

I'm not saying he was playing great ball.  But I am happy to have him on thr Packers.  Change of scenery can do a lot.

Everything about him is just so bizarre. First we draft him not ever knowing if he will run agian, much less play football... Then he has 1 decent season and Jerry extends him for $60m... Then everyone realizes he's physically incapablel of lateral or turning movement - least at the NFL level.. Then the team makes him a Captain... Then we draft a slew of LBs to replace him - idk, just a all around crazy story. 

Jaylon was seeing about 10-15 plays a game, 100% bcoz of his $... He's a physical specimen and absolute incredible human being - but he just can't get to the spots a LB needs to get to. If he's running stright ahead to fill a hole, he's solid. Anything other than that, especailly coverage - you're focked.

I truly wish him well. Like I said, I wish Jerry had hired him in the organization in some capacity.