Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

9 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

While I don't necessarily disagree with your concerns, you take what the defense gives you. If they're giving you the ground game, take it. Feed Zeke all day long and take your shots downfield when you want. If they're stacking the box then turn Dak loose and let him spread it around. 

But they should be a run first team whenever possible imo. You dictate tempo, control the clock and wear down opposing D's when you run the ball and, just as importantly, you keep opposing offenses on the sideline. 

Dak is good. He isn't great. Relying too heavily on him is not a good plan for the future in my opinion. 

I would agree with all that. Dak is good, not great. The run game keeps your defense off the field, which is good.

They should be pounding the ball with a cheaper back though. Is it possible to get out of that zeke contract in the next couple years? 

We currently have a debate on the Titans forum of whether to resign Derrick Henry or not. The consensus seems to be, if hell sign a reasonable deal, sure. If he wants zeke-bell-gurley money, pound sand. 

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I would agree with all that. Dak is good, not great. The run game keeps your defense off the field, which is good.

They should be pounding the ball with a cheaper back though. Is it possible to get out of that zeke contract in the next couple years? 

We currently have a debate on the Titans forum of whether to resign Derrick Henry or not. The consensus seems to be, if hell sign a reasonable deal, sure. If he wants zeke-bell-gurley money, pound sand. 

The Cowboys will continue to have personnel/contract issues as long as Jerry is around. Its gotten better the last few years but Dallas needs a new non-Jones GM. 

I think that consensus is pretty sound. If you can get him to put the team first and take a reasonable deal, sign him. If he wants to play the "I'm worth as much as those guys" game, let somebody else pay him. 

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Browns have the same issue...fantastic RB...and we throw 66 percent of the time.

Agree........Chubb's amazing 

We could easily pin our losses on Zeke at this point.

Wins as a Dallas Cowboy Starting QB :

Troy Aikman 94

Roger Staubach 85

Tony Romo 78

Danny White 62

Don Meredith 47

Dak Prescott 38

--------------------------------------------------------

Most Super Bowl Wins :  

New England Patriots 6 

Pittsburgh Steelers 6 

Dallas Cowboys 5

San Fransisco 49ers 5

--------------------------------------------------------

Most Super Bowl Appearances : 

New England Patriots 11

Pittsburgh Steelers 8

Dallas Cowboys 8

Denver Broncos 8

San Fransisco 49ers 6

---------------------------------------------------------

12 hours ago, 5-Points said:

While I don't necessarily disagree with your concerns, you take what the defense gives you. If they're giving you the ground game, take it. Feed Zeke all day long and take your shots downfield when you want. If they're stacking the box then turn Dak loose and let him spread it around.

Agreed - in reality this is what mean of course.

But this team is so stubborn, they refuse to understand this...... This is one of the things that makes NE so great: they identify the weakness, the recognize what's working - and they exploit it........... This Cowboys is the exact opposite. It doesn't mater what's working, if Jerry and Red can't win running it at all costs, they''re reserved to losing.

Which again, goes back to a systematic problem. Jerry not only blew the 4th overall pick on Zeke, but he gave him $90m dollars to boot - he is FOREVER married to the run/run/run/run philosophy. Which again, if it's working, great - run it... MInny ran it 11 times in a row and drove it 75 yards for a TD on us the other night. Who know why? Bcoz they could... When we face better defenses Zeke disappears - the run is taken away. But we insist on trying to do it, and we always fall short.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Dallas play in NE this weekend. Dallas has  HUGE chance to make a statement. I'm almost hoping they do. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing Dallas play in NE this weekend. Dallas has  HUGE chance to make a statement. I'm almost hoping they do. 

I hope they do.  I picked them to beat the Pats.

The Pats have been propped up by the easiest schedule EVER in the history of the NFL. 

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I hope they do.  I picked them to beat the Pats.

I "try" not to bet on games I'm emotionally invested in . Rooting for a win with nothing on the line  has it's own gratification

12 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Would love to see it, but my optimism isn't high.

* Dallas is beat up and thin in the secondary. Losing Brown for the year did not help.

* Cheeto sucks, is getting lit up like a Xmas tree  - Brady has to be licking his chops.

* BB watches film, he knows we can't stop the run. I look for a heavy dose of it, he will run it down our throat.

* Again, BB has watched the film. He knows Dak is on fire and the real threat of this offense isn't Zeke - it's Amari/Gallup/Cobb... I don't think the Pats fear #21 at all - I look for BB to put his best CB on Gallup - double Cooper.

On the flip side, the one way to beat Brady is to get to him - put him on his ass...... Just so happens the one thing this defense does do well is rush the passer. So there's a chance.

Isn't it funny how one week in the  NFL complete changes the way a team is viewed.

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

* Again, BB has watched the film. He knows Dak is on fire and the real threat of this offense isn't Zeke - it's Amari/Gallup/Cobb... I don't think the Pats fear #21 at all - I look for BB to put his best CB on Gallup - double Cooper.

You'd like to think Dallas could make them pay for that strategy, but we've seen the running game be pretty ineffective at times.

41 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

You'd like to think Dallas could make them pay for that strategy, but we've seen the running game be pretty ineffective at times.

I honestly feel the Pats don't fear Zeke. He no longer has a burst, he no longer is a threat to take it to the house.

Where he's really dangerous is in the passing game - but this staff is too stupid to realize that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Damn near 100% chance of rain, chilly, blah for Sunday.

Patriots football

11 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Vander Esch more than likely out Sunday.

Big Deal. He fails to impress. 

Heard a stat at lunch:

w/the highest paid line in football, a newly signed $90m RB

Dallas converts 30% on 4th and 1 - League avg. is 60%.

:doh: :mad: :wall:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Dallas "tripped" themselves up yesterday, haha. 😁

what a brutal game to watch. The NFL has really focked things up bigly. Instant replay at this point? just get rid of it altogether. Referees? Just let them play, we don't need no stinkin refs. everything goes, lets play prison yard football

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Dallas "tripped" themselves up yesterday, haha. 😁

also not really

both were phantom tripping calls that only added misery to another weak effort

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

also not really

both were phantom tripping calls that only added misery to another weak effort

Truth.  Those phantom calls didn't cost them in the end, was their miserable offense and Cooper 0 catches. Ouch

Once again the NFL clears out the schedule so everyone is watching that weeks big game and they turn around and let incompetent refs ruin the show. Who does that? 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Truth.  Those phantom calls didn't cost them in the end, was their miserable offense and Cooper 0 catches. Ouch

Cooper is banged up and Gilmore is a top CB. That wasn't a surprise to anyone. Weather and poor officiating dictated that game. That being said, NE was missing a few key pieces as well. It was a tight game and the refs ruined it, once again. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Once again the NFL clears out the schedule so everyone is watching that weeks big game and they turn around and let incompetent refs ruin the show. Who does that? 

Anyone see the ratings yet

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Anyone see the ratings yet

NE and Dallas are going to bring lots of eyes. But they won't be on top forever. At some point the NFL is going to try and get us to be interested in some other unsexy teams because they have great records. It's not going to do as well. Yesterday's NFL slate sucked. Exactly one good game at 1 - philly/ Seattle, and one at 4 - NE/Dallas. The rest was garbage 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

NE and Dallas are going to bring lots of eyes. But they won't be on top forever. At some point the NFL is going to try and get us to be interested in some other unsexy teams because they have great records. It's not going to do as well. Yesterday's NFL slate sucked. Exactly one good game at 1 - philly/ Seattle, and one at 4 - NE/Dallas. The rest was garbage 

There were only 2 games at 4.  One was that awful TEN/JAX game.  Only thing to watch was the NE/DAL game.  Glad I was covered during the game.  :banana:

• Like 1

By far what cost us the game yesterday was poor Coaching period, fire them all Jerry!

I've been saying it for years that our special teams are some of the worst in the NFL.  As bad as it was yesterday we got off easy, it could have been much worse.

39 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm under no disillusions the bogus tripping call cost us the game. We hadn't put it in the end zone all game, foolish to assume we would have there.

But, I agree - the refs robbed all those watching of an exciting climatic finish. On one of the (i''m assuming) highest rated regular season games of the year to boot....... It's one thing if it's a borderline call - but a made up, total BS one? FFS - the NFL can't seem get out of its own way.

4 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

By far what cost us the game yesterday was poor Coaching period, fire them all Jerry!

I've been saying it for years that our special teams are some of the worst in the NFL.  As bad as it was yesterday we got off easy, it could have been much worse.

"This is very frustrating," Jones said. "It's frustrating just to be reminded that some of the fundamentals of football and coaching were what beat us out there today. ... With the makeup of this team, I shouldn't be this frustrated."  :o

FINALLY! Finally we have Jerry going public with his disgust of Jason Garrett. Finally we have acknowledgement that the Jones boys have had it with Red... The last time Jerry came out and publicly admonished his coach was Wade Phillips - who was canned shortly after.

3rd and 7, NE's 11 yard line.... remember this sequence of events as the final straw..... Trailing by 7, time running out - Red opts for the FG after missing on 3rd down.. Seriously, WTF???? A FG does us no good, you have to look at that as 4 down territory - 2 downs to get 7 yards and a TD. :wall:

Like I said, that series of downs - cost Red his job.

14 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I'm under no disillusions the bogus tripping call cost us the game. We hadn't put it in the end zone all game, foolish to assume we would have there.

But, I agree - the refs robbed all those watching of an exciting climatic finish. On one of the (i''m assuming) highest rated regular season games of the year....... It's one thing if it's a borderline call - but made up, total BS one? FFS - the NFL can't seem get out of its own way.

I give the cowboys fans credit for not complaining about the refs. But the rest of us who were there to watch two good teams slug it out got robbed. Again. If I had to bet, even if the Cowboys didn't have that call go against them and scored, NE would have drove down the field and scored.  I would have liked to see that instead of them killing the clock and kneeling out. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

"This is very frustrating," Jones said. "It's frustrating just to be reminded that some of the fundamentals of football and coaching were what beat us out there today. ... With the makeup of this team, I shouldn't be this frustrated."  :o

FINALLY! Finally we have Jerry going public with his disgust of Jason Garrett. Finally we have acknowledgement that the Jones boys have had it with Red... The last time Jerry came out and publicly admonished his coach was Wade Phillips - who was canned shortly after.

3rd and 7, NE's 11 yard line.... remember this sequence of events as the final straw..... Trailing by 7, time running out - Red opts for the FG after missing on 3rd down.. Seriously, WTF???? A FG does us no good, you have to look at that as 4 down territory - 2 downs to get 7 yards and a TD. :wall:

Like I said, that series of downs - cost Red his job.

I sure hope so. 

Howdy Doody must go