Big Guy

Dallas Cowboys 2018 & Beyond

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

My point is that Jason should have been gone long ago.  Jerry has been patient. Why would he fire him now when he is very close to a division title?  When Prescott is having an MVP type season.  

Because Garrett has a ton of talent, but is 6-5 in a shitty division.  They have not beaten a team with a winning record.  They are not playing even remotely close to expectations.  At best, they are 1 and done in the playoffs with how they are playing.  

On paper, if you look at the Cowboys roster, they should be a really great team, especially with Prescott having an MVP-type season (still far behind Jackson and Wilson, though).  Before the game this past weekend, how many spots did the Patriots have better players than the Cowboys on paper?  1 (CB's), maybe 2?  Every other spot, the Cowboys had better players.  If the coaches had been reversed and Belichick was coaching the Cowboys, I would have picked them to win by 30.  

And, I am a Pats fan.  Imagine how the Cowboys fans are thinking right now?  Jerry might have to appease the masses and finally give up on his (failed) golden boy.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

My point is that Jason should have been gone long ago.  Jerry has been patient. Why would he fire him now when he is very close to a division title?  When Prescott is having an MVP type season.  

Because they are winning despite him and losing because of him.  I am disgruntled so maybe I am being a tad too harsh...but I am all in for Richard...please baby jeebus...

The Cowboys are starting to get that Yankees/Steinbrenner feel. Without the winning.  1980's like. 

10 minutes ago, usurpers26 said:

Because they are winning despite him and losing because of him.  I am disgruntled so maybe I am being a tad too harsh...but I am all in for Richard...please baby jeebus...

Once again, Bells & Whistles, Jerry loves shiny things.

I don't think there's any chance, flat out zero - that Jerry ever hires a defensive minded HC (again)... He's got $90m tied up in a RB, about to be $125m tied up in a QB, soon to be $60m tied in a WR - and the highest paid line in football............there's no way in hell he doesn't bring in an offensive minded guy to be his next HC.

The buzz continues to be Lincoln Riley.......... we shall see.

So typical of the bi-polar Cowboys and their fans. I thought the Cowboys played really good, and considering they were on the road in crap weather and the BS calls against them this is an absolute over reaction. 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So typical of the bi-polar Cowboys and their fans. I thought the Cowboys played really good, and considering they were on the road in crap weather and the BS calls against them this is an absolute over reaction. 

They'd be better off with McAdoo as HC

42 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Doesn't matter who or where you're playing... The problem is a long standing, systemic one - and it keeps repeating itself.

It was accentuated bcoz it was the Pats - but this stupidity happens when we play the Lions, Bengals, etc... too.

23 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Doesn't matter who or where you're playing... The problem is a long standing, systemic one - and it keeps repeating itself.

It was accentuated bcoz it was the Pats - but this stupidity happens when we play the Lions, Bengals, etc... too.

I have seen the Cowboys lose playoff games because of Dez's non catch that was a catch and an an incredible throw by Rodgers. There have been some bad breaks mixed in here. But it's obvious that without a deep run Red is gone. 

3 hours ago, kutulu said:

Go Bills!

Fock yeah.  Will dictate if I'm drunk and happy or drunk and surly by the time we carve the turkey tomorrow.  :cheers:

even though the we all already went over this issue, I'd like to add this to the pile

• Sad 1

I knew our Special Teams sucked, but wow!

Opponents have 403 more yds in kick returns than we do.

Cowboys are averaging a historically bad 12.5yds per kick return. By far worst in the NFL. Next closest is 17.9yds by Steelers. Most teams are above 20yds per return. 

We are 24th in kick return yds allowed at 24.8.

Cowboys are dead last in punt avg 41.8.

We are ranked 29th in yds per punt return allowed at 10.0

27th in yds per punt return 5.6.

We are losing the punt battle by about 10 yds per punt to our opponent. And losing about 8 yds per kick return. When all is said and done we are losing the ST yardage battle by a minimum of 50 yds per game if you assume 3 punts and 3 kickoffs per team. Some games will be worse. 

Classic Cowboy football so far. This crap needs to stop!

• Haha 2

Ginger Garrett on life support.  He needs a miracle now  

The Bills are a pretty good team.  The Cowboys are not.  

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Rut-Roh.. 

Everybody gettin' fired.

Except me.  I bet Buffalo to win straight up.  🍌

Refs trying to help dallas.  Allen slides legs first gets hit nothing.  Dak isnt down gets hit in his ass and a flag.  No rhyme or reason.  Dallas been getting phantom calls all game.  

In other words shut your mouths cowboy fans about calls.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Refs trying to help dallas.  Allen slides legs first gets hit nothing.  Dak isnt down gets hit in his ass and a flag.  No rhyme or reason.  Dallas been getting phantom calls all game.  

That hands to the face on the pick trumps both of those. 

Just now, TimmySmith said:

That hands to the face on the pick trumps both of those. 

For sure.  There is one each drive and they still have 7 points.  This is great.  

45 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

you're wrong on all your observations 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

you're wrong on all your observations 

You thought the flag for falling on daks ass was a good call?

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Dallas is in need of some leadership 

Romo should unretire like Witten.

Once again nobody wants to win the NFCE. Dallas should be running away with the division. Here’s hoping the 12/22 rematch is for all the marbles. Philly isn’t winning anything this year but I would love to ruin the Boys season.

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

Once again nobody wants to win the NFCE. Dallas should be running away with the division. Here’s hoping the 12/22 rematch is for all the marbles. Philly isn’t winning anything this year but I would love to ruin the Boys season.

It’s already ruined

40 minutes ago, Strike said:

You thought the flag for falling on daks ass was a good call?

Yes, because Dak was already down, and the defender didn't "let up", he hit him extra hard when he was already on the ground. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Something special about the 2019 Bills.  I hope they upset the Ravens in the playoffs, if they end up playing. 

7 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Yes, because Dak was already down, and the defender didn't "let up", he hit him extra hard when he was already on the ground. 

Thoughts on the non call when DAL defender hit a sliding Josh Allen?  How about that phantom hands to the face on the interception? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Thoughts on the non call when DAL defender hit a sliding Josh Allen?  How about that phantom hands to the face on the interception? 

That was payback for the blown calls against the Cowboys last week. Gotta even things out.