Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

How many of the 15 unwritten rules do you break

Full USA Today article here,

The new rules of communicating in the digital era

#2 For me,I rarely if ever use LOL but ok or k a lot.

15 unwritten rules of communicating in the digital age, according to people on Twitter

1. Don't randomly FaceTime people. If you want to Facetime, shoot them a text or call first.
  2. One word texts like OK and LOL are conversation killers. Don't respond with one word, unless you don't want to talk anymore.
  3. If someone you know comments on a photo or video you posted, you should respond. 
  4. If someone communicates to you using a certain form of communication, e.g. e-mail, then you are expected to respond using the same form of communication.
  5. Don't like your own posts. People see that, and it makes you look weird.
  6. Don't ask for likes, comments or shares.
  7. Don’t take hours to respond without an excuse.
  8. You don't actually have to leave a voice message.
  9. If someone asks you multiple questions via text, don't just reply to part of the message.
  10. Don't post dozens of photos of cheezy quotes back to back.
  11. It's OK to text Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, etc. You don't have to call. 
  12. Don’t have one-on-one’s in the group-chat, better yet, rarely send group chats. They're mostly annoying and usually avoidable. 
  13. Try not to deliver bad news via text. Don't deliver bad news via DMs.
  14. If you don't get a response, you don't have to get angry. It's not always that big of a deal. 
  15. If you have time to post on Snapchat, you have time to respond to text messages.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Knowing usatoday this was probably breaking news.

Please like my post.

:lol:

The OP has a typo, these rules are written down which means they are not unwritten.

YWIA.

• Like 1

I do none of these except the one word texts. They are perfectly fine and I don’t get why people are so bent about it. You asked me a yes or no question, I responded with yes or no, what the hell is your problem? You told me something that needed my verification or validation, I said OK, you want me to write a Hemingway sized novel about it instead? 

is there one that says something about sending your junk with your face int he pic?

49 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The OP has a typo, these rules are written down which means they are not unwritten.

YWIA.

Don't steal a base when your team has a big lead

12 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I do none of these except the one word texts. They are perfectly fine and I don’t get why people are so bent about it. You asked me a yes or no question, I responded with yes or no, what the hell is your problem? You told me something that needed my verification or validation, I said OK, you want me to write a Hemingway sized novel about it instead? 

tl;dr

Don't bunt to break up a no -hitter

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Damn... Was just going to post this...

:cheers:

I used to send my junk long before cellphones had cameras. it was much more impressive.

Any old weiner can do it now

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

I hate the unwritten rules of baseball. If my favorite team is losing, and with 2 outs and an 0-2 count in the 9th, and there is a perfect game on the line for the other team's pitcher, bunt away if that is the best chance to make a comeback. Defend the bunt if you want to earn the accolades. 

30 minutes ago, sderk said:

I hate the unwritten rules of baseball. If my favorite team is losing, and with 2 outs and an 0-2 count in the 9th, and there is a perfect game on the line for the other team's pitcher, bunt away if that is the best chance to make a comeback. Defend the bunt if you want to earn the accolades. 

You care if your team gets no hit? :dunno:

A loss is a loss. by 1 or by 15 or with no hits.

3 hours ago, nzoner said:

Full USA Today article here,

The new rules of communicating in the digital era

#2 For me,I rarely if ever use LOL but ok or k a lot.

15 unwritten rules of communicating in the digital age, according to people on Twitter

1. Don't randomly FaceTime people. If you want to Facetime, shoot them a text or call first.
  2. One word texts like OK and LOL are conversation killers. Don't respond with one word, unless you don't want to talk anymore.
  3. If someone you know comments on a photo or video you posted, you should respond. 
  4. If someone communicates to you using a certain form of communication, e.g. e-mail, then you are expected to respond using the same form of communication.
  5. Don't like your own posts. People see that, and it makes you look weird.
  6. Don't ask for likes, comments or shares.
  7. Don’t take hours to respond without an excuse.
  8. You don't actually have to leave a voice message.
  9. If someone asks you multiple questions via text, don't just reply to part of the message.
  10. Don't post dozens of photos of cheezy quotes back to back.
  11. It's OK to text Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, etc. You don't have to call. 
  12. Don’t have one-on-one’s in the group-chat, better yet, rarely send group chats. They're mostly annoying and usually avoidable. 
  13. Try not to deliver bad news via text. Don't deliver bad news via DMs.
  14. If you don't get a response, you don't have to get angry. It's not always that big of a deal. 
  15. If you have time to post on Snapchat, you have time to respond to text messages.

If there is a link and an article...aren't these rules actually 'written'?

8 pisses me off. On the scale of communication things I hate, voicemail is just a notch above snail mail. Don't make me go in and retrieve God damn voicemail. I can see that you called. That's enough.

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

If there is a link and an article...aren't these rules actually 'written'?

That was pointed out as well by MTSkiBum,you'll have to ask that question to the editor of USA today.

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

8 pisses me off. On the scale of communication things I hate, voicemail is just a notch above snail mail. Don't make me go in and retrieve God damn voicemail. I can see that you called. That's enough.

I leave vm so I can get my message to you without having to worry about you calling me back. I said it, you heard it, end of discussion. I'm not going to hang up just so I can text what I was about to say. :dunno:

I hate when people call me back to ask a question that I already answered in a vm that they were too lazy to listen to. 

I don't break any since I don't know how to communicate with people using modern technology.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I leave vm so I can get my message to you without having to worry about you calling me back. I said it, you heard it, end of discussion. I'm not going to hang up just so I can text what I was about to say. :dunno:

I hate when people call me back to ask a question that I already answered in a vm that they were too lazy to listen to. 

You probably do it properly. You say your name, one sentence, and hang up.

Most focks Yammer on asking how your weekend was and bullcrap and bury the point at the end. 

16 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

You probably do it properly. You say your name, one sentence, and hang up.

Most focks Yammer on asking how your weekend was and bullcrap and bury the point at the end. 

Yep. Short and to the point in as few words as possible. 

6 hours ago, edjr said:

You care if your team gets no hit? :dunno:

A loss is a loss. by 1 or by 15 or with no hits.

My point is, I want them to try to win until the last out. I don't care if that means a bunt or not a bunt. I don't care about the no hitter at all at that point.

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

That was pointed out as well by MTSkiBum,you'll have to ask that question to the editor of USA today.

I am quicker than Mike Honcho, yay! I feel like the tallest person at a midget convention.