Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Late June in Colorado..........snowing.

8 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Al Gore:  Looks like I need another Escalade$#@!

Fixed for you.

• Like 1

They need 4-5 more winter's like this to fill up lake Powell. Hopefully this year becomes the new normal.

Global Warming Cultist - One storm doesn't change a thing.

Also Global Warming Cultist - This cat 5 hurricane is proof of global warming.

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

AOC blames the Philly refinery fire on Climate change.   :rolleyes:

9 of the 10 hottest years on record have happened since 2005 and the last five years were the five hottest. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

9 of the 10 hottest years on record have happened since 2005 and the last five years were the five hottest. :thumbsup:

If you mean by "hottest" that Al Gore's bank accounts were the "hottest" he ever had making money off of rubes and monkeys like you then, yes, I can believe that.

And he's only increased his carbon footprint over those years while expecting you to reduce yours and give him all your money. :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

This bugs the heck out of me, you are 100% correct. 

44 minutes ago, MDC said:

You've kept records for a couple hundred years for a plant that is several hundred million years old. :thumbs up:

Just now, Bert said:

You've kept records for a couple hundred years for a plant that is several hundred million years old. :thumbs up:

Probably a good idea to assume the recent spike in temperature is a wild coincidence that has nothing to do with all the shiit we are pumping into the atmosphere. After all, it snowed in Colorado. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Probably a good idea to assume the recent spike in temperature is a wild coincidence that has nothing to do with all the shiit we are pumping into the atmosphere. After all, it snowed in Colorado. :thumbsup:

Dinosaur farts last time ?

Just now, drobeski said:

Dinosaur farts last time ?

You are the expert on flatulence here, Sloth. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I wish that would translate to Ohio year round. I hate winter and don't give a fock what happens to the planet in 50 years. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MDC said:

In the recent history of the earth say between 9,000-10,000 years ago were their any similar spikes?

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

In the recent history of the earth say between 9,000-10,000 years ago were their any similar spikes?

Sure, it’s just that the overwhelming scientific evidence shows this one is due to the rapid increase in carbon dioxide and other manmade emissions in the atmosphere. 

Here is a pretty good article:

https://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/2017/04/04/how-we-know-climate-change-is-not-natural/

Definitely getting hotter but the bottom line is you can't stop the emissions without crushing the economy. Best move is to not have kids now cause they are screwed.

There are farms from medieval times under the ice sheet in Greenland. 

15 minutes ago, drobeski said:

She's the MDC of Congress 

A retard and crybaby 

She seems to hit a chord with you too Dumbo.

yeah...miss these late snows.  Going up to lake tahoe the weekend after they close the last runs.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

She seems to hit a chord with you too Dumbo.

Dont cry little guy

:(

Just now, drobeski said:

Dont cry little guy

:(

Gonna start another thread about me sniffles? :( :D

5 hours ago, MDC said:

"On record"

Earth is 5+ billion years old....weather recorded for last 200 maybe. So we've recorded 1/25,000,000th of the Earth's climate buckwheat.

Yeah, no doubt we can decisively say there's no focking way to know if we can affect the climate.

9 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

"On record"

Earth is 5+ billion years old....weather recorded for last 200 maybe. So we've recorded 1/25,000,000th of the Earth's climate buckwheat.

Yeah, no doubt we can decisively say there's no focking way to know if we can affect the climate.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the scientific community may be on to something with the theory that carbon dioxide and other manmade emissions are contributing to rising temps.

30 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the scientific community may be on to something with the theory that carbon dioxide and other manmade emissions are contributing to rising temps.

True and they could also be taking that position because their funding is dependent on it.

Why is their criticism always leveled at the U.S. and not countries like China and India? 

11 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

True and they could also be taking that position because their funding is dependent on it.

Why is their criticism always leveled at the U.S. and not countries like China and India? 

I’d say the financial incentive to cast doubt on global warming from the energy sector, many other industries, and their lapdogs in Washington far outweighs the incentive of climatologists. 

Lots of people in the thread don't understand the difference between global warming and climate change.

It's also very funny how people trust science when it suits them.

Like I said, you can forget about addressing this issue of CO2 emissions. If it is indeed the problem, you are screwed if you live to year 2100.

Bloomberg) -- The most astonishing thing about cement is how much air pollution it produces.

Manufacturing the stone-like building material is responsible for 7% of global carbon dioxide emissions, more than what comes from all the trucks in the world. 

So we are going to have to quit building things? Nope.

9 hours ago, lod001 said:

Like I said, you can forget about addressing this issue of CO2 emissions. If it is indeed the problem, you are screwed if you live to year 2100.

Bloomberg) -- The most astonishing thing about cement is how much air pollution it produces.

Manufacturing the stone-like building material is responsible for 7% of global carbon dioxide emissions, more than what comes from all the trucks in the world. 

So we are going to have to quit building things? Nope.

We will just scale it back.  If you are a hardcore leftist elite, you can have stone buildings.  Everyone else must live in mud huts.  To protect the environment, of course.

On 6/24/2019 at 6:12 PM, Kanil said:

Lots of people in the thread don't understand the difference between global warming and climate change.

It's also very funny how people trust science when it suits them.

The difference between Global Warming and Climate Change is about 25-30 years and also called a narrative shift. Scientists couldn't explain colder temps, etc so they repackaged the Global Warming narrative and rebranded it with Climate Change.

Does having a consensus simply make it fact? Science serves itself when it's funding is threatened. Falsified data backs that up.

Why do they all hold these summits, producing vast amounts of emissions if they're so concerned with the planet? They could hold a video conference and help reduce emissions but they don't. Why?

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

The difference between Global Warming and Climate Change is about 25-30 years and also called a narrative shift. Scientists couldn't explain colder temps, etc so they repackaged the Global Warming narrative and rebranded it with Climate Change.

Does having a consensus simply make it fact? Science serves itself when it's funding is threatened. Falsified data backs that up.

Why do they all hold these summits, producing vast amounts of emissions if they're so concerned with the planet? They could hold a video conference and help reduce emissions but they don't. Why?

Global Warming is the cause, Climate Change is the effect.  The global rise in average temperature (Global Warming) causes a change in the weather patterns and leads to more severe weather events (Climate Change).

As for scientific consensus:

• Are you vaccinated?
  • Do you go to an actual doctor with a degree instead of some witch in a hut?
  • Do you drive a car?
  • You obviously use a computer.
  • Do you believe in man made global warming?
  • Do you wear your seatbelt?
  • Is the Earth round?
  • Do you believe in gravitational theory?
  • Do you believe smoking raises your risk of cancer?

All of these items are brought to you because of science.  If you believe in 8 out of 9, you are being selective.  If you honestly think every focking scientist that says man made global warming exists and is dangerous is on some imaginary payroll, you're a focking idiot.

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Global Warming is the cause, Climate Change is the effect.  The global rise in average temperature (Global Warming) causes a change in the weather patterns and leads to more severe weather events (Climate Change).

As for scientific consensus:

• Are you vaccinated?
  • Do you go to an actual doctor with a degree instead of some witch in a hut?
  • Do you drive a car?
  • You obviously use a computer.
  • Do you believe in man made global warming?
  • Do you wear your seatbelt?
  • Is the Earth round?
  • Do you believe in gravitational theory?
  • Do you believe smoking raises your risk of cancer?

All of these items are brought to you because of science.  If you believe in 8 out of 9, you are being selective.  If you honestly think every focking scientist that says man made global warming exists and is dangerous is on some imaginary payroll, you're a focking idiot.

There are scientists who disagree with the tenets of Global Warming. So "science' as a whole isn't saying this.

For those you listed, I believe in them all. I just don't agree with several things they ascribed to. We aren't killing the planet and it's debatable how much we are affecting it. Conversely, we can't do that much to stop it short of capping the world population. Also, until ALL nations adopt the same standards we (the U.S.) are CURRENTLY at, it's a moot point. Akin to closing one window of your car when it rains.

Finally, the U.S. should not foot the bill for it when China and India pollute unchecked.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

There are scientists who disagree with the tenets of Global Warming. So "science' as a whole isn't saying this.

For those you listed, I believe in them all. I just don't agree with several things they ascribed to. We aren't killing the planet and it's debatable how much we are affecting it. Conversely, we can't do that much to stop it short of capping the world population. Also, until ALL nations adopt the same standards we (the U.S.) are CURRENTLY at, it's a moot point. Akin to closing one window of your car when it rains.

Finally, the U.S. should not foot the bill for it when China and India pollute unchecked.

The people who disagree are outliers.  Those are the ones you should be looking at when you're looking for people being paid.

As for how much of an impact and what's happening to the Earth, I'll trust the consensus on that (and not the outliers like AOC).  I believe that if we keep on the trajectory we are on, it's going to get to the point where we can't grow enough food to keep people alive.  I don't think we're all dead in 10 years or whatever the extremists say.

I agree on your other point.  This is not "US Warming", it's "Global Warming".  We are by far not the biggest contributor but we are above average for sure and everyone needs to pull their fair share.

I believe the warming of the earth is good for life on this planet. Historical data shows this.