Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

David Johnson

8 hours ago, cavern said:

It's not a huge roster need. Holding the top ww ....I'm praying for a shaun Alexander (ricky watters). That might be the best one of all time

In that one i knew watters was down

I think it well be a worthy move. 

DJ's foot was clearly hurt and they just wanted to rest him. He isn't going anywhere. Chase isn't the starter now. Everyone stop lmfao.

51 minutes ago, BTL99 said:

DJ's foot was clearly hurt and they just wanted to rest him. He isn't going anywhere. Chase isn't the starter now. Everyone stop lmfao.

I thought ankle.  If it's a foot then that's usually worse.  I don't think Edmunds won the job.  But if anyone can predict exactly when DJ will be back to full go, now THAT would be useful information!

And now word that the Cards are working out Ajayi and Ware. Could mean DJ is hurt worse than we’ve been told. Though to be fair, DJ and Edmonds were literally the only two RBs who dressed yesterday, so even if DJ were healthy they would likely have to sign someone. 

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

And now word that the Cards are working out Ajayi and Ware. Could mean DJ is hurt worse than we’ve been told. Though to be fair, DJ and Edmonds were literally the only two RBs who dressed yesterday, so even if DJ were healthy they would likely have to sign someone. 

@AdamSchefter

·Former Chiefs’ RB Spencer Ware also scheduled to work out Tuesday for Arizona.

@AdamSchefter

Free-agent RB Jay Ajayi is working out for the Cardinals on Tuesday, per source.

Yup could be nothing but not what DJ owners want to hear.

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

@AdamSchefter

·Former Chiefs’ RB Spencer Ware also scheduled to work out Tuesday for Arizona.

@AdamSchefter

Free-agent RB Jay Ajayi is working out for the Cardinals on Tuesday, per source.

Yup could be nothing but not what DJ owners want to hear.

Its exactly what i want to hear. Dont want a repeat of this week or any other bs. Want Edmonds to ball and DJ ruled out if hes not guna get the majority of the work. 

God. I hope something happens and they shut him down for the year. I have had edmonds on my bench all year and he would be a lotto ticket. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

God. I hope something happens and they shut him down for the year. I have had edmonds on my bench all year and he would be a lotto ticket. 

I don't think a sprained ankle is that serious. Ankle a little sore there David? IR! Have a cough? IR! 

On 10/21/2019 at 3:54 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

I don't think a sprained ankle is that serious. Ankle a little sore there David? IR! Have a cough? IR! 

doesn't it seem that perhaps Johnson is more hurt than they are letting on?  they are signing alfred morris

On 10/21/2019 at 3:45 PM, kilroy69 said:

I’m sure if David Johnson knew who you were, he would be rooting for you to injure yourself and lose your job as well. 

27 minutes ago, cavern said:

doesn't it seem that perhaps Johnson is more hurt than they are letting on?  they are signing alfred morris

Their third RB (Foster?) was also injured last week. That was why DJ and CE were the only ones who dressed Sunday. That doesn’t mean DJ is necessarily healthy, but they were going to need to sign someone regardless

One thing to remember....whomever is toting the rock for Zona in the coming weeks, their schedule is brutal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stonewall said:

One thing to remember....whomever is toting the rock for Zona in the coming weeks, their schedule is brutal.

Understood, but due to bye week issues, on still has to start him over Miles, right? :unsure:

A Morris lol.  

Oh my soul, wow. 

Edmonds is now a must own. 

51 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Is he always that flamboyant? 

Yeah that’s his schtick. 

12 hours ago, stonewall said:

Yep. Nothing against Edmonds, but I think people are going a little overboard, especially with respect to his standalone value. He had one great game against one of the league's worst run defenses in a game where he was the only healthy RB on the roster. Going forward, we basically know nothing. We don't know how badly DJ is hurt, we don't know how long this injury will linger, and we don't know how the workload will be distributed in any of those different scenarios. If Edmonds looks as good as he did last week, it's equally if not more plausible that he ends up destroying both RBs' fantasy value than that he becomes a stud. But IMO the most likely scenario is that he has value as long as DJ sits, and is a flex play at best with DJ healthy. And during the period where he is most likely to carry the load, Arizona faces the Saints and the 49ers (twice!)

In the league where I have DJ, I picked up Edmonds a few weeks ago. But in another league where I needed a bye-week fill-in for Ingram, Edmonds was available but I went with Ty Johnson. While Edmonds is facing an uncertain workload against one of the best defenses in the league, Johnson is guaranteed early-down work and has the same juicy match-up Edmonds exploited last week.

I certainly can't guarantee TJ will outperform Edmonds this week. But it's a way safer play.

1 hour ago, zftcg said:

Yep. Nothing against Edmonds, but I think people are going a little overboard, especially with respect to his standalone value. He had one great game against one of the league's worst run defenses in a game where he was the only healthy RB on the roster. Going forward, we basically know nothing. We don't know how badly DJ is hurt, we don't know how long this injury will linger, and we don't know how the workload will be distributed in any of those different scenarios. If Edmonds looks as good as he did last week, it's equally if not more plausible that he ends up destroying both RBs' fantasy value than that he becomes a stud. But IMO the most likely scenario is that he has value as long as DJ sits, and is a flex play at best with DJ healthy. And during the period where he is most likely to carry the load, Arizona faces the Saints and the 49ers (twice!)

In the league where I have DJ, I picked up Edmonds a few weeks ago. But in another league where I needed a bye-week fill-in for Ingram, Edmonds was available but I went with Ty Johnson. While Edmonds is facing an uncertain workload against one of the best defenses in the league, Johnson is guaranteed early-down work and has the same juicy match-up Edmonds exploited last week.

I certainly can't guarantee TJ will outperform Edmonds this week. But it's a way safer play.

Hard to argue that. However in ppr if DJ sits Edmonds should get a ton of catches. Probably shut down in running game....50 yards maybe but Tarik Cohen had 9 catches vs Saints and Fournette had 4-62 so it could be a nice receiving line and plenty of touches regardless......if DJ sits. 

ALF will be slaughtered

When they signed Morris, I was willing to attribute it to the Foster injury. But signing Morris and Zach Zenner, while not dispositive, is definitely a bad sign for DJ playing this week.

They are likely just signing Alfred Morris for depth, they only one RB for the most part this past week.

Morris isn't a threat to either DJ or Edmonds job.

24 minutes ago, zftcg said:

When they signed Morris, I was willing to attribute it to the Foster injury. But signing Morris and Zach Zenner, while not dispositive, is definitely a bad sign for DJ playing this week.

They signed Zach Zenner and ALF.......hmmmmmm

It didn't take Kingsbury long to master the Bill Belichick school of injury proclamations.

2 minutes ago, mgirgent said:

Clown show.

Dj will likely sit this week. Period. If not then ill reevaluate the situation. 

wrong.  this is when DJ is more likely to play.

its all about misdirection.   tell everyone he will play then put him in one play and then sit.

now that everyone things hes injured, they may actually play him.

34 minutes ago, mgirgent said:

Clown show.

Dj will likely sit this week. Period. If not then ill reevaluate the situation. 

That's what I'm hoping for. Good for our fantasy teams (assuming we have Edmonds) and also good for DJ's long-term outlook. I suspect after last week they're going to be less likely to rush him out until he's close to 100 percent.

36 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

wrong.  this is when DJ is more likely to play.

its all about misdirection.   tell everyone he will play then put him in one play and then sit.

now that everyone things hes injured, they may actually play him.

Take into consideration the rb signings... Those aren't for show....

16 minutes ago, mgirgent said:

Take into consideration the rb signings... Those aren't for show....

sadly, this may mean something.

One thing to remember:

CJ Spiller never ran until he puked.

Chase Edmunds not only did,  but went back in and dominated.

🤮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

One thing to remember:

CJ Spiller never ran until he puked.

Chase Edmunds not only did,  but went back in and dominated.

🤮

Lol 

Great post.