Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

UPDATE: Kamara / Brees watch Week 8: Brees in, Kamara Out

Kamara owner playing Lat Murray owner.

I'm hoping  hes at least active so screw my opponent over but maybe it screws me over if I start him and he is a decoy.

Fun times! 

Brees and Kamara officially questionable, per all the saints beat reporters on twitter.    

I don't know, the way I saw it regarding Brees, I think there is a very good chance he plays this week

Agreed....and Brees probably has the clout to make these decisions himself.

Kamara is playing. They cut Zenner and only signed for last week so Kamara is playing. Brees he's probably playing. I wouldn't start him though. Probably start using Taysom Hill more now that he's back to 3rd string and they can rely more on his running. They could not use him as much being the #2 QB. Payton stated this last week.

I don’t see Kamara playing 

Bress I think as a good shot at playing. 

If he was not playing they would have not cut Zenner. Mark my word Kamara is playing. If Brees plays you can also play Latavious. The snap count should be about 60/40 and Latavious has a good chance of getting a TD. Saints D will make short fields. Any GL runs LM will get a shot.

9 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Update. Peyton said both Kamara and Brees got good work this week. Not full practice but if they got good work they both will be out there.

That quote from Peyton was about Bridgewater and Brees. 

16 minutes ago, jrokh said:

That quote from Peyton was about Bridgewater and Brees. 

16 minutes ago, jrokh said:

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett

8 hrs ago:

Saints QB Drew Brees and RB Alvin Kamara both participated during the early portion of practice open to the media Friday. But no announcement yet from Sean Payton afterward on who will start at QB Sunday. Said both guys got good work this week.

17 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

"Both [Brees and quarterback Teddy Bridgewater] got a lot of work this week," said Payton, who was asked if he saw good things from Brees regarding his comfort level throwing the football. "Yeah, he looked good. [His participation in full-team drills] was limited. But we'll have a good plan." 

As I said the quote from Payton regarding 'both got good work' was regarding the QB decision.

I don’t think Kamara is playing,  Bress I think we’ll play. 

The quote from the Saints beat writer. That's where I got it from. I also referenced it. They cut Zenner. Only had him with Kamara is out. Why would they cut him if Kamara is not playing. That is very hard to believe for me but we will see. 

3 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

The quote from the Saints beat writer. That's where I got it from. I also referenced it. They cut Zenner. Only had him with Kamara is out. Why would they cut him if Kamara is not playing. That is very hard to believe for me but we will see. 

This is wrong.  They could have Kamara for emergency use only, if Murray got hurt.  He can be active with zero intention of playing him.  

Since I have no shares of Kamara or Murray, Brees is the more curious one to me.  I had him in my IR spot but was forced to drop him.  My debate is Josh Allen or him since I have Lamar on bye.  It would actually be better (for me) if Brees stayed inactive one more week.  

1 minute ago, jgcrawfish said:

This is wrong.  They could have Kamara for emergency use only, if Murray got hurt.  He can be active with zero intention of playing him.  

Since I have no shares of Kamara or Murray, Brees is the more curious one to me.  I had him in my IR spot but was forced to drop him.  My debate is Josh Allen or him since I have Lamar on bye.  It would actually be better (for me) if Brees stayed inactive one more week.  

I see the quandary, but I would roll out Josh Allen. Even if Brees plays, he could be rusty, and will have to get used to playing at game speed with a splint on his throwing thumb. Could re-injure his thumb too. Lotta red flags.

29 minutes ago, jgcrawfish said:

Good problem to have at Qb. 

Even if Bress was playing I would probably prefer Allen vs the Eagles. 

Another thing about Kamara, even if he’s a go, he’s not going play or much. 

Murray is going to have another outstanding game vs Zona, plus the saints have a bye week nine. 

Im thinking they wait until after the bye. 

Didnt the cardinals only dress 2 rbs last week?  Cutting zenner doesnt mean a ton as far as kamara being the guy imo.  This smells like a similar situation with dj last week where kamara may start but murray will be the man.

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

Good problem to have at Qb. 

Even if Bress was playing I would probably prefer Allen vs the Eagles. 

I am with you on that one, I am actually looking forward to his matchup this weekend.  Longer term I was more partial to Brees I think but hate playing guys coming back off long term injuries.  

Payton is being tactical. I doubt we know until right before the game. No matter what though, Latavious is likely good either way. Starter or flex. He should get some chances at the GL and will get about 10-12 touches.

As a Saints fan I do believe Brees and Kamara will start. Both have played banged up before. He wants his best players on the field and doesn't care about the full practice stuff like some coaches state. These are PB players. They don't need full practices. If they say they can play, look like they can play he'll play them.   

His best players seems to be a healthy Murray and not a questionable Kamara. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

His best players seems to be a healthy Murray and not a questionable Kamara. 

Murray ain't that healthy either. Old man had 32 touches last week. He's feeling some pain. I expect to see almost a 50/50 if Kamara is in. Both can be played in that scenario. They kinda had that going before Brees went down. I could see them both in the top 12 with a LM GL run. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Kamara may play but not been putting up Kamara type numbers so far this season and now dealing with dreaded SAS.

Last few seasons Kamara was at best with Ingram getting like 40% of the work...could we be looking at a spilt moving forward between Lat and Kamara? I am thinking probably so.

3 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Murray ain't that healthy either. Old man had 32 touches last week. He's feeling some pain. I expect to see almost a 50/50 if Kamara is in. Both can be played in that scenario. They kinda had that going before Brees went down. I could see them both in the top 12 with a LM GL run. 

Of course he’s feeling pain, he’s a football player. 

So because Murray had 32 touches they will risk more injury to their stud rb, let’s hope not. 

I hope that if Kamara playes it’s because he’s healthy enough to do so.  

Hey thanks for chat it’s been a pleasure, good luck this weekend. 

17 hours ago, American Chewy said:

This smells like a similar situation with dj last week where kamara may start but murray will be the man.

That's my take.  I rolled with Murray last week, planning the same this week (don't own Kamara).  

20 hours ago, jgcrawfish said:

I'm in the same situation. Have Allen in but REALLY wanna put Brees in. I'm probably just going with Allen as he's 100% and will be running as well.

1 hour ago, PunkRockRedneck said:

I'm in the same situation. Have Allen in but REALLY wanna put Brees in. I'm probably just going with Allen as he's 100% and will be running as well.

Allen throwing in 20-25 MPH winds not good either......yes, he has a strong arm, but he lacks accuracy in calm winds, much more "inaccurate" in heavy winds

30 minutes ago, My Ball Zach Ertz said:

Allen throwing in 20-25 MPH winds not good either......yes, he has a strong arm, but he lacks accuracy in calm winds, much more "inaccurate" in heavy winds

Yikes, you ain’t kidding about the weather. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.8854&lon=-78.8785#.XbT8TyVOmEc

Am I crazy starting Brees and Tedd Ginn Jr as my 3rd WR?

Not a lot left other than Samuel, who I just dropped and AJ Brown from Tennessee.

4 minutes ago, thePRO said:

Not crazy, no.....but definitely putting all your eggs into one basket.

Jaron Brown or James Washington not available? :ninja:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thePRO said:

Yes.  Pick up a QB who isn't coming back from a 6 week hand injury that required surgery, and start AJ Brown.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thePRO said:

Not a lot left other than Samuel, who I just dropped and AJ Brown from Tennessee.

Start Brown 

• Like 1