Sign in to follow this  
‘Game of Thrones’ prequel ‘House of the Dragon’ gets straight to series order from HBO...

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I won’t because I can catch it anytime I want. There is way too much boring dialogue. Where did they get the directors from, Lifetime channel? GOT had great dialogue, it was what made it great. Not zombies and dragons. 

Typical.   Reminds me of Caddyshack II.  Beyond how horrible the movie was in general, the directors, producers or whatever thought giving the groundhog MORE screen time would be good...They thought that's what people liked the most from the movie.  Ugh.

The dragons in the original GoT were good.  And they were sparse which made them better.   So far the dialogue has been kinda meh.  But some interesting things going on.   However right now, this seems no different than the Crown or some other show about a monarchy and all the stuff that happens with who gets to rule next.   

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I won’t because I can catch it anytime I want. There is way too much boring dialogue. Where did they get the directors from, Lifetime channel? GOT had great dialogue, it was what made it great. Not zombies and dragons. 

Yeah, I can too. I just don't have time to pay attention to it. I focking LOVED GOT. I couldn't get enough. Rewatched episodes. I could give 2 chits about this show :(

Just now, edjr said:

Yeah, I can too. I just don't have time to pay attention to it. I focking LOVED GOT. I couldn't get enough. Rewatched episodes. I could give 2 chits about this show :(

Admit it.  You just watched GoT to spank it to Tyrion!   (NTTAWWT) 

12 minutes ago, DonS said:

Admit it.  You just watched GoT to spank it to Tyrion!   (NTTAWWT) 

The incest scene when Jamie pushed Bran out the window. Was hard so long I had to see a doctor,.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

The incest scene when Jamie pushed Bran out the window. Was hard so long I had to see a doctor,.

Can't lie, I definitely beat off to that dumb sh1t Rickon Stark getting killed.  ZIG ZAG MUTHAFOCKA!!!! 

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

Can't lie, I definitely beat off to that dumb sh1t Rickon Stark getting killed.  ZIG ZAG MUTHAFOCKA!!!! 

The reek torture scenes were very exciting. 

On 9/16/2022 at 12:30 AM, edjr said:

Keep your eye on Larys Strong. He's the Son of the Master of Coin, who will be the new Hand of the King with Otto sidelined. Larys is the guy with the clubfoot who sits down with the ladies during the hunt because of his physical impairment.

Both phonetically and literally, Larys is what you get when you combine Littlefinger and Varys. He's easy to miss as the show just kind of sneaks him in the background, which is where he likes to operate.

Not enough strong men in this series.  Give me gratuitous T&A and some men to lead.  It's a bunch of panty waists so far.

• Thanks 1

WTF happened there at the end?  Daemon went out and was causing a scene with Rhaenyra where she was daring (hoping?) him to take her away.  And from the King's point of view (and the camera) you can't really see what is going on and then suddenly Ser Criston is beating the phag guy's head in.  

I don't get it, are we suppose to think Daemon orchestrated that or something? Ser Criston had opportunity to get the phag earlier. 

12 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Not enough strong men in this series.  Give me gratuitous T&A and some men to lead.  It's a bunch of panty waists so far.

On 9/1/2022 at 12:48 AM, Voltaire said:

If it makes you feel better, that family isn't black. This is 2022 and they want to force-install a diverse cast, so feel free to imagine the guy being a white Valyrian. There will be another upcoming reason that casting a black actor for that role helps though, but I won't spoil it.

If you've seen the trailer for episode six, you should be able to figure out what I was alluding to regarding the second reason it was useful to cast House Velaryon with black actors. https://www.hbo.com/house-of-the-dragon

yea that's what destroys this kinda sh;t for me....i don't care about characters being black, asian, purple...you can have dragons and zombies and sh;t...but a woman being leader and stronger then men...too farfetched...im out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Asswipes, no spoilers!!!!!!!!! Yay, you read the books! Groovy! Don’t ruin it for the rest of us. I was going to post but I’m so turned off by reading a spoiler - Volty - that I’m leaving. 

I'd not realized I'd spoiled something. I'd thought I was being sufficiently cryptic.

I'm sorry. :(

Just now, Voltaire said:

I'd not realized I'd spoiled something. I'd thought I was being sufficiently cryptic.

I'm sorry. :(

It’s okay. I’m sorry for being mean. 

On 9/15/2022 at 9:30 AM, edjr said:

yeah... having a hard time getting into this one.

13 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

yeah... having a hard time getting into this one.

The Strongs would be the family to watch if you go back. The father replaces Otto Hightower as Hand of the King and he has two sons. The main one is the burly brawler who is pretty straight forward. It's the quiet, harmless, awkward disabled one with the clubfoot that is easy to overlook who you'll want to keep tabs of.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Horseman said:

then suddenly Ser Criston is beating the phag guy's head in.  

Apparently Ser Criston is not a fan of "goose" either. 🤯🤛

This dialogue. Jeez. They actually had the black guy say “by any means necessary “. 

On 9/19/2022 at 11:13 AM, Horseman said:

Looks like next week is the jump forward when the actresses playing Rhaenyra and Alicent get swapped out.

Kind of a bummer. Both of the younger actresses were pretty hawt :(

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Yeah, Emma D’Arcy is one of them man-woman switcher uppers.   

49 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

No. Just no

Just now, edjr said:

No. Just no

Hightower chick: Yes

Princess that looks like she has a wee bit of Downs Syndrome: Not so much

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DonS said:

Hightower chick: Yes

How about Laena Velaryon?

21 minutes ago, DonS said:

That way they don't know better to fight back :banana:

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

How about Laena Velaryon?

Is that the black chick that got shot down in favor of the Hightower gal? 

32 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

That way they don't know better to fight back :banana:

'tard power is real

24 minutes ago, DonS said:

yup :wub: 

Just now, edjr said:

'tard power is real

Hodor :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, edjr said:

yup :wub: 

The older non-pedo version in the last episode is indeed pretty. :thumbsup:

Just now, DonS said:

The older non-pedo version in the last episode is indeed pretty. :thumbsup:

I am 1/2 way through 3 and think I am done

2 hours ago, DonS said:

Not so fast!  Daemon was making googly eyes at her.

5 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Not so fast!  Daemon was making googly eyes at her.

Minor attracted persons.

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This dialogue. Jeez. They actually had the black guy say “by any means necessary “. 

I noticed that and cringed too.

32 minutes ago, peenie said:

I noticed that and cringed too.

It’s so stupid. He’s a good character and the actor is good. Why do that unnecessary pandering? 

Just watched ep 6.  Where they time jumped.  Mucho improved. Better characters, good story line, awesome scenery and visuals. 

Dragon riding still looks fake af but definite improvement so far 

7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Just watched ep 6.  Where they time jumped.  Mucho improved. Better characters, good story line, awesome scenery and visuals. 

Dragon riding still looks fake af but definite improvement so far 

I wonder what the casting call was like for the Aegon kid?

"Must have a very punchable face and be able to act like a complete d0uchebag" 

They did a good job finding actresses who look very similar for the younger/older queen. 

32 minutes ago, DonS said:

I wonder what the casting call was like for the Aegon kid?

"Must have a very punchable face and be able to act like a complete d0uchebag" 

They did a good job finding actresses who look very similar for the younger/older queen. 

Agreed on Aegon.  Very douchy

Paddy's performance of a well-meaning and loving king on his last legs and running on fumes was the highlight. He saw the wisdom of Rhanyra's proposal of marrying her Jace to Alicent's Haelana. The two kids are the top-shelf Tarygaryes from the two rival factions. It would have done wonders to prevent the tragedy that will be unfolding, but he simply couldn't muster enough energy to exert his authority and overrule his wife when she nixxed the idea. Despite the vacant look in his eyes, his mind is still sharp underneath. But his physical decline is to the point that he can mostly just rolled over and let her have it her way because maybe he's better off taking another nap instead anyway. A very Biden-eque performance. 

That was the best thing. Overall, I didn't like this episode as it was easily my least favorite for a number of reasons.

First, this was a bad week for the Green faction who had easily been the more sympathetic to this point IMO. Staring with the birthing scene from the start, not having Alicent come by, but demanding that the baby to the king two minutes after it was born. Not having Rhaenyra tell her to get focked but instead complying, and then not being carried but having her walk a bloody trail there with servants not cleared out was all a deliberate HBO choice to throw shade at Alicent.

I did love the dagger line "Keep trying Laenor, maybe one day you'll have a child that looks like you," which came directly from the books.

Aegon is a worthless who couldn't be relied upon to count piles of poop in a horse stable accurately, let alone run a kingdom. Fair enough, they got that impression delivered across correctly.  But did they really need to lay it on so thick? They present him masturbating fully naked in front of a window, putting on a show for anybody bothering to look upwards? Then, when his mother catches him in the act midway through, she doesn't give a sh*t. Instead rants about how Rhaenyra cannot be allowed to be queen, that he has to do it or he'll be killed. 

Then Criston Cole was presented as a bully encouraging Alicent's older/bigger boys to not show mercy on Rhaenyra's younger ones, which never happened in the books. Then HBO takes another major departure from the books at this point which they turn totally backwards and upside down. the Cole/Harwin fight ended with the exact opposite ending. Colestands alone and was the alpha knight of this time period by a large stretch, an empty tier above second place. He was way better than both Daemon Targaryen and Harwin Strong and could have whipped them both with one hand before finishing taking a piss with the other (although Daemon + dragon >>>> Criston + horse). No. No. HBO just wants to do some woke fan service for LGBTQ people who were offended when Cole beat Sir StabMyButthole to death last episode. Give them something to cheer about. In fact  Harwin "Breakbones" took a beatdown and became foreverafter known as Harwin "Brokenbones" when he ran into Criston Cole.

We needed more screentime for Laena Valyarion and Daemon the Domesticated Dad. The actress pulled the roll off but we needed more because we barely got to know her. Also her dragon is by far the biggest, oldest, and most dangerous. Rather than being told that, which you could easily miss, we should have had a visual image at some point of all the dragons together so we could say "Wow! That huge one really stands out!" A visual image would really drive home the significance of this particular, now riderless dragon, while clearly correctly implying that it'd be the most important one in the story.