Sign in to follow this  
‘Game of Thrones’ prequel ‘House of the Dragon’ gets straight to series order from HBO...

21 minutes ago, peenie said:

I watched GoT and was so blown away at how horribly season 8 was I refuse to watch this prequel. It’s like I physically cannot watch anything related to GoT at all. I’m not interested in getting burned again. 

Once Misandi and the sand snakes, at least the two hot ones and their mother were out of the series I lost interest. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Once Misandi and the sand snakes, at least the two hot ones and their mother were out of the series I lost interest. 

House of the dragon just seems to have hired downs people so far. Deamon is one ugly stone faced focker. 

13 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Is it all available now or a new episode each week? I prefer to binge and will wait if necessary 

Its' HBO, one episode a week.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Its' HBO, one episode a week.

and it was all and all a shite episode. We need more whores man

I thought the premier was good.  They had to introduce the audience to a bunch of new characters in an existing world, create a bunch of different power struggles between good and evil and start off an interesting story.  I think they accomplished that pretty well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edjr said:

House of the dragon just seems to have hired downs people so far. Deamon is one ugly stone faced focker. 

Yeah, they will have to lean into Olivia Cooke, Emily Carey and a bunch of stand-ins at the brothels.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

They made them look like elves. 

Yup. I thought I was watching LOTR and ugly elves at that

Just watched it. I had no idea that Rhaenerys and Alicent would be so close, let alone hint at possible lesbian attraction, at least on Rhaeneyrs' end.

Daemon is well written as a . A moment after cheating in the joust to seriously injure Alicent's brother, then immediately going to her and expecting her to grant him her favor was disgusting. I like the Hightowers a lot better than the Targaryens at this point. 

Agree that the actresses are less beautiful than I expected. Emilia Clarke was smoking hotness in the original.

We women don’t need actors to be hot in order to find shows interesting.

But one day we may….

26 minutes ago, peenie said:

But one day we may….

Bullsh!t

On 8/22/2022 at 10:36 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

They made them look like elves. 

The blonde chick looks like Sid from the Toy Story series.

22 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

The blonde chick looks like Sid from the Toy Story series.

Never saw it. Heard the Chinese loved Toy Story at one time but not the latest one. Cost Disney a bundle. 

I'm having a hard time buying Matt "Bowties are cool" Smith as a bad guy.   All I see is a nerdy Doctor Who with chick hair. 

"You know nothing will make the baby grow a if it doesn't already have one."  

HOD pwning libs already in Ep 1.    

A better episode. 

On 8/24/2022 at 5:52 PM, peenie said:

But one day we may….

Only black women feel that way currently. 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

A better episode. 

I don’t think so. Dragged. Who didn’t see it coming that he would marry the other girl? And that the black guy was talking to Daemon? 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t think so. Dragged. Who didn’t see it coming that he would marry the other girl? And that the black guy was talking to Daemon? 

I thought he was going to marry his daughter. I figured the black guy stole the egg. 

Do these two "second sons" create the Second Sons we see in Game of Thrones?  Are the Gold Cloaks the genesis of the golden company?

Dragon eggs are apparently indistructable.  Shake them toss them, let them cool and reheat them.  If you did that with any other egg it would not develop.

Conspicuous by its absence thus far, House Lannister.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Do these two "second sons" create the Second Sons we see in Game of Thrones?  Are the Gold Cloaks the genesis of the golden company?

Dragon eggs are apparently indistructable.  Shake them toss them, let them cool and reheat them.  If you did that with any other egg it would not develop.

I thought Stone face was going to drop the egg and break it?

The kings pinky will do him in and the downs girl will get with her uncle Daemon. 

On 8/24/2022 at 2:52 PM, peenie said:

But one day we may….

Speak for yourself, Peenster. 

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

GoT doesn't happen for another 172 years or something...they said that in the first episode...like it's 172 years before Danaerys (sp). 

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Speak for yourself, Peenster. 

When she looks in the mirror she sees lizzo staring back

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

GoT doesn't happen for another 172 years or something...they said that in the first episode...like it's 172 years before Danaerys (sp). 

Right, so there needs to be the creation, genesis, and evolution of the Second Sons and Golden Company.  172 years seems time to develope them and for them to get their reputations.  As for House Lannister it seems that 172 years preceeding GOT it would have been as prominent as House Stark or House Baratheon, which both have been mentioned.

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Agree.  I know it's only the second episode, but, feels like it's starting to flop.

It was supposed to be 6 months since episode 1 and the daughter has no idea her best friend is getting chummy with her dad?  Or she hasn't talked to her dad about her mother until they have dinner and speak a whole three sentences to each other?  I mean what are these people doing - spending too much time on tik tok or something?

Little girl on the dragon flies in and outsmarts Daemon and the Hand both.....sure.

The CGI crab-feeding looked cartoonish and cheap.

Dragons (so far):

Syrax, yellow/gold dragon ridden by Princess Rhaenyra.

Caraxes, large red dragon ridden by Daemon.

Balerion the Black Dread. Dead.  Balerion was the last living creature with any memories of Old Valyria, the empire from which the Targaryens descended.  Targaryens only ride one dragon in their lifetime and Viserys was a rider of Balerion.  He's the dragon that the figurine was made.

Viserys talks about Vhagar another dragon from Aegon’s Conquest.  Current whereabouts unknown.

Dreamfire is the mother of the egg Daemon stole.  Not seen yet on screen, she is a slender pale blue with sliver markings.  It's theorized the eggs from GOT may be from her.

I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say the egg will hatch a dragon, and that guessing it might be Sunfyre.  But it would be spoiler to say who it ultimately belongs to.  Unlike GOT where there were just 3 dragons, the Targaryen at their strongest had 17 dragons prior to the war, that undoubtedly happens at some point in this series. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The kings pinky will do him in and the downs girl will get with her uncle Daemon. 

lol, I think they showed the pinky getting better after the maggot treatment.  

And Ser Criston Cole is set up to be a Daemon's main advisory in the near future. 

31 minutes ago, Horseman said:

And Ser Criston Cole is set up to be a Daemon's main advisory in the near future. 

Maybe the pinky is symbolic of the hand? This hand has a Baelish feel to him. 

36 minutes ago, Horseman said:

They need to clean and disinfect that throne.  I think he has Grayscale, alpha variant, B.1.1.7.

Time to bring in a dragon to fire that throne, kill the bugs, and smooth out the edges.

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

The CGI crab-feeding looked cartoonish and cheap.

I think a few of the pan outs to the ciry have looked obvious and cheap. Star Wars from 1977 looked more realistic. 

21 minutes ago, edjr said:

I think a few of the pan outs to the ciry have looked obvious and cheap. Star Wars from 1977 looked more realistic. 

I read there is a time jump mid season so the two girls, Rhaenyra and Alicent, actresses get swapped out with older women.  Unfortunately, I don't think they are any better looking.

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I read there is a time jump mid season so the two girls, Rhaenyra and Alicent, actresses get swapped out with older women.  Unfortunately, I don't think they are any better looking.

I find them both reasonably attractive young women.

52 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I find them both reasonably attractive young women.

I think Milly is like that girl on Seinfeld where it depends on how the light hits her.  But she's getting swapped out with Emma D'Arcy who is nonbinary and uses gender-neutral pronouns.  Basically she's a dude.

Emily Carey to Olivia Cooke is a downgrade too.

This is getting a very Better Call Saul feel to it. I’ll watch it, but it won’t be by appointment. I’ll probably abandon it once football starts and catch up at some point. 

The most ridiculous thing of all is the black dudes blonde hair.. Stop it

• Haha 1