Sign in to follow this  
‘Game of Thrones’ prequel ‘House of the Dragon’ gets straight to series order from HBO...

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The popularity of GOT was driven by women. They traditionally haven’t watched these types of shows in great numbers.  

I was happy with the ending. Bronn taking over highgarden iced the cake.

22 hours ago, craftsman said:

Just started Better Call Saul. Super slow start but I like the feel of where it could go.

Me too! I’m trying to finish up season 1. So far it’s meh. I’m going to stick with it. It’s nice seeing old characters. 

28 minutes ago, peenie said:

Me too! I’m trying to finish up season 1. So far it’s meh. I’m going to stick with it. It’s nice seeing old characters. 

Yeah. I think I went through 2 episodes so far. At worst, it's entertaining and kind of unique.

7 hours ago, craftsman said:

Yeah. I think I went through 2 episodes so far. At worst, it's entertaining and kind of unique.

It gets much better. I’m on S1 episode 9. 

I liked HotD and look forward to season two.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 11:37 AM, iam90sbaby said:

I was happy with the ending. Bronn taking over highgarden iced the cake.

he was my 2nd favorite character throughout the series. Tormund was 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

he was my 2nd favorite character throughout the series. Tormund was 3rd. 

I always liked Bronn, Lord Baelish and Sir Davos.  Ramsay was by far the best villain.

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

I always liked Bronn, Lord Baelish and Sir Davos

I stumbled upon the show the night it premiered, having no idea what it was and Jon immediately became my favorite character. It sounds like a lame/obvious choice but I had no idea there were books and no idea of the overall importance of his character. 

Davos is a good one too. 

Not to be sexist but most of the female characters were trash. Except Nathalie Emmanuel :wub:

Arya was possibly the worst. The fact she killed the Night King still pisses me off. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I stumbled upon the show the night it premiered, having no idea what it was and Jon immediately became my favorite character. It sounds like a lame/obvious choice but I had no idea there were books and no idea of the overall importance of his character. 

Davos is a good one too. 

Not to be sexist but most of the female characters were trash. Except Nathalie Emmanuel :wub:

Arya was possibly the worst. The fact she killed the Night King still pisses me off. 

Yeah Jon was great too and probably my favorite too, I just decided to say three others for that exact reason.

I liked Cersei, whoever portrayed her did a very good job. 

Arya not even attempting to save The Hound pissed me off. 

8 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Yeah Jon was great too and probably my favorite too, I just decided to say three others for that exact reason.

I liked Cersei, whoever portrayed her did a very good job. 

Arya not even attempting to save The Hound pissed me off. 

Cersei was played well. Lena Headley was probably the biggest name they had at the start of the show. She did an excellent job, I will agree.

What bothered me most about Arya was simply her storyline. She goes to Braavos to become a faceless person / assassin. By all accounts does a horrible job. Is able to defeat her nemesis there and comes back to Westeros..... where she is suddenly an amazing assassin killing people on her 'list' with ease. :rolleyes:. Her storyline had nothing to do with the Night King. Jon, Bran, Daenerys... sure.... but Arya kills him? Awful. 

8 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Cersei was played well. Lena Headley was probably the biggest name they had at the start of the show. She did an excellent job, I will agree.

What bothered me most about Arya was simply her storyline. She goes to Braavos to become a faceless person / assassin. By all accounts does a horrible job. Is able to defeat her nemesis there and comes back to Westeros..... where she is suddenly an amazing assassin killing people on her 'list' with ease. :rolleyes:. Her storyline had nothing to do with the Night King. Jon, Bran, Daenerys... sure.... but Arya kills him? Awful. 

Her story line was definitely the least interesting of all the main characters. I can't remember the guys name, but whoever ran the Faceless place, I liked that character in the early seasons and when she traveled to Braavos I was excited he was back in the show. But it never really got anymore interesting than that and I thought he'd play a bigger role in the ending. It was just that blonde girl beating the sh!t out of her while she was blind and then she left.

It was fine. That's about the best thing I can say about it. I was such a fan of the original that I'll keep watching, love the GoT setting\universe.