Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

The State of Michigan has come up with the opioid addiction cure!

They are now running ads(radio and billboard so far) telling everyone to stop calling it opioid addiction and call it  "opioid use disorder"  The ads go on to say that this this is the first step to a cure.

So there's that--way to go Michigan!!!

I do think that we need to setup an entire treatment system for thinks like Opiods etc, and I think the pharmaceutical companies should pay the bulk of the cost for it.....

Once these morons get hooked they turn to crime and other sh!t, would prefer we treat them.....its their best hope

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I do think that we need to setup an entire treatment system for thinks like Opiods etc, and I think the pharmaceutical companies should pay the bulk of the cost for it.....

Once these morons get hooked they turn to crime and other sh!t, would prefer we treat them.....its their best hope

Bingo

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I agree but we cannot treat them until we call it by it's new name

This is one of difference between a republican and democrat governor. The angry nerd focused on bringing businesses to Michigan. The stupid b1tch focuses on making degenerates feel good.

Good job election Granholm 2.0, focking idiots.

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Not sure that the name helps or hurts, I guess I get why they did it, likely to make any money spent seem more palatable to people....perhaps

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

They are now running ads(radio and billboard so far) telling everyone to stop calling it opioid addiction and call it  "opioid use disorder"  The ads go on to say that this this is the first step to a cure.

I hired a guy who was a recovering heroin addict 2 years ago.  He’d just gotten paroled after doing 3 yrs for possession, B&E and grand theft.  He’s also my friend’s nephew.  

He started out doing general labor, then learned to install tile.  He got good enough to go out on his own as a sub contractor, so we helped set him up with a truck, biz insurance, etc.  He also landed a hot blonde foreign wife. 

A few months ago, he started acting flaky and constantly asking for advances on jobs that weren’t complete, so we made sure he was closely supervised anytime he was working for us. 

This week we heard from his hot wife that he’d hocked all his tools, and missed a couple of truck payments.  

As of last night, he’s back in rehab on a 14 day program.  

I have no idea what else I can do to help him.  Probably nothing.  I can’t trust him in a customer’s home, and nobody else around here will hire him now.

He’s completely focked himself.  Again.  

And people want to legalize this stuff. Wake up. 

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Radical Islamic Terrorism?

So... how does this new phrase help?  I'm not an expert in AA but I thought the idea was to acknowledge that you are addicted.  This seems like a way to make an addict feel less addicted.  :dunno:

Ban alcohol and cigs

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So... how does this new phrase help?  I'm not an expert in AA but I thought the idea was to acknowledge that you are addicted.  This seems like a way to make an addict feel less addicted.  :dunno:

Well yeah, the goal isn't to get people off the drug. 

42 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Pure semantics, but... 

Addiction seems to place the brunt of the blame for the problem on the substance, whereas use disorder places it on the person... 

I mean, rats ass who cares, but that's the best I got. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Pure semantics, but... 

Addiction seems to place the brunt of the blame for the problem on the substance, whereas use disorder places it on the person... 

A shift toward personal responsibility in this day and age?  GTFO!

This whole notion of addiction being a disease is stupid.   We need to call it something else and stop ranking it on the same level as real diseases on the sympathy scale. 

Addicts have the ability to kick.  They can make life choices to end eliminate their affliction.  Pediatric cancer patients cannot.  It's not the same thing.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Pure semantics, but... 

Do you really think that is the case?  That they've come up with words to put MORE responsibility on the addict?  Unpossible.

Also, speaking of Add1ct, has anyone heard from her recently?  I miss her big boobs witty banter.  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Pure semantics, but... 

I don't agree,

You can beat addiction. You can't beat a disorder.

8 hours ago, supermike80 said:

How the hell did they beat NY and CA to that stupidity?

7 hours ago, RLLD said:

Most are too stupid to even know they are killing themselves. Better plan is to supply them with enough to finish the job.

6 hours ago, vuduchile said:

I hired a guy who was a recovering heroin addict 2 years ago.  He’d just gotten paroled after doing 3 yrs for possession, B&E and grand theft.  He’s also my friend’s nephew.  

He started out doing general labor, then learned to install tile.  He got good enough to go out on his own as a sub contractor, so we helped set him up with a truck, biz insurance, etc.  He also landed a hot blonde foreign wife. 

A few months ago, he started acting flaky and constantly asking for advances on jobs that weren’t complete, so we made sure he was closely supervised anytime he was working for us. 

This week we heard from his hot wife that he’d hocked all his tools, and missed a couple of truck payments.  

I have no idea what else I can do to help him.  Probably nothing.  I can’t trust him in a customer’s home, and nobody else around here will hire him now.

He’s completely focked himself.  Again.  

See. Case closed.

they are addicting. when i took them after surgery they definitely make you feel good

6 minutes ago, -Vyse- said:

they are addicting. when i took them after surgery they definitely make you feel good

I can understand that. But the people who decide to try Heroin to see what it's like are the biggest losers around. How stupid can you be? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I can understand that. But the people who decide to try Heroin to see what it's like are the biggest losers around. How stupid can you be? 

That's why they need supplied. Let's get them outta here and in the ground. It's the cheapest way to deal with these morons.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

A disorder based on an action.  Looks like everyone here must have jack-off disorder. :doublethumbsup:

The worst thing that ever happened to junkies was calling it a disease. 

8 hours ago, vuduchile said:

I have no idea what else I can do to help him.  Probably nothing. 

You could look after his wife while he is in rehab.  Maybe take her on a 14 day cruise to help her forget.  I am sure he would appreciate that.

1 hour ago, Bill E. said:

You could look after his wife while he is in rehab.  Maybe take her on a 14 day cruise to help her forget.  I am sure he would appreciate that.

She might not be interested.  She’s the one who was with him that time he came into the shop when I was taking a dump.  

He was saying, “Hey Vuduchile, where are you?”   

When I came out, I yelled something like, “Calm down man.  I was taking a big, greasy ”. 

The words were out of my mouth before I turned the corner and saw her standing there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

She might not be interested.  She’s the one who was with him that time he came into the shop when I was taking a dump.  

He was saying, “Hey Vuduchile, where are you?”   

When I came out, I yelled something like, “Calm down man.  I was taking a big, greasy ”. 

The words were out of my mouth before I turned the corner and saw her standing there. 

That sucks but still maybe better than living with a heroin addict. 

• Like 1

Follow the money

Opioid Addiction has all sorts of perceptions wrapped up in it ... hopelessness, helplessness, randomness of something that is difficult to understand and has stigmas like some of the above ... the idea that it can easily be stemmed, that it reflects weakness of character, etc.  

opioid use disorder changes the conversation ... it aligns with other chronic challenges like eating disorders ... frames the problem as inappropriate use, but with wide latitude as to the underlying cause (peer pressure, physics addiction, depression. Over prescription.)  and stigma is a huge part of the problem ... individuals with use disorders my perceive or have difficulty getting hired, which creates depression, which cycles back into worse use.  Systematic, but with a drug much more powerful and dangerous than alcohol or nicotine.  Receptors get used to a high, so more drugs must be used to reach the same level of high.  Vicious cycle.

but around that all, follow the money.  Too much money in the pain reduction business to expect opioids to go away, so there needs to be a way for doctors to be involved in the solution.  And doctors treat disorders.  Doctors create health, not addicts ... the system can’t put the blame on them for causing addicts.  But treating improper use of medications?  Yes, doctors help people use medications correctly!