Jobs report better than expected

2 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

You're such a miserable fock.

the Posty of politics

Just now, edjr said:

living at home he should be able to live easily on 40k

Hell, more like $20k.

* He rarely eats.

* When he does eat, it's never veggies or fruit.

* He's ALWAYS sick... You name something your kid or friend has - he either has it, or has had it.

* Has 3 dwi's... On his last one he ran into a light pole.. Claimed a cat jumped out in front of him, swerved to miss it. When the cops showed up, he tracked and pointed a cat sitting on a nearby roof - said he did it so the cops would believe him. :wacko:

10 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Also, what happened to robots replacing all our jobs?

Learn to code

13 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Libs in this thread really doing some hating on good news for America.:dunno:

I'm not hating at all, unless you were referring to someone else?

13 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

but farmers!!

That's kind of disrespectful.

11 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Learn to code

Yeah, right.  Most of those jobs are going over to India and China now.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not hating at all, unless you were referring to someone else?

To who? Farmers, or you?

Corporate farms are being hurt by the current trade war with China. 

Suppliers in my industry are also being hurt by the trade war, but that's not going to last forever.  

Long term, I'd prefer to see an better balanced trade agreement between the 2 countries.  Trump's policies are working toward that end.  

19 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Soybean prices are as low as they were in 2015.  I don't remember you libs crying about farmers then. :dunno:

29 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

* Has 3 dwi's... 

He should be sentenced to death

9 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

To who? Farmers, or you?

Corporate farms are being hurt by the current trade war with China. 

Suppliers in my industry are also being hurt by the trade war, but that's not going to last forever.  

Long term, I'd prefer to see an better balanced trade agreement between the 2 countries.  Trump's policies are working toward that end.  

Not disrespectful to me, I meant to farmers.  Generally, when I mention farmers I'm referring to smaller, family farms.  They are the one's struggling the most.  This has been a really tough year for many of them in the Midwest.  The weather was crappy in the spring and fall.  We still have over 20% of the crops in fields yet which is getting pretty late.  Recently there was a major LP gas shortage so they have been unable to dry their crops.  Now there is talk of major shortages in hay and silage for bedding and feed for livestock.  Livestock prices are also very poor right now but apparently the future reports are better.

12 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Soybean prices are as low as they were in 2015.  I don't remember you libs crying about farmers then. :dunno:

Crop prices have been crap since then and farmers have been squeaking by since.  My father-in-law got our of farming recently because of how poorly it was going.  Are there many people here other than me that ever bring up farmers?  I haven't seen too many on here that have a close connection with them and discuss it here.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Crop prices have been crap since then and farmers have been squeaking by since.  My father-in-law got our of farming recently because of how poorly it was going.  Are there many people here other than me that ever bring up farmers?  I haven't seen too many on here that have a close connection with them and discuss it here.

Sure he did 

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My great grandfather was a share cropper who moved from Arkansas to Oklahoma.  My Aunt and Uncle ran a family cattle farm and dairy farm and lived off the land their whole lives.

My grandfather was a part time pecan farmer who did pretty well with it as a second income source.  I lived and worked on that farm for a couple of years right after high school. I also have a friend who owns a small winery in VA. 

Farming has always been a tough way to make a living.  It's much harder for a small guy to make money by simply sowing, planting and harvesting.  A lot depends on what you're growing and your complimentary businesses.   

Grapes---->wine------->wine tastings------->wedding venue.   

Grass fed beef-------->on farm restaurant--------->supplies local markets.

Apples------->Orchard tours------Upick---------Cider House--------->Donuts--------> Parties   ( My wife's Xmas party is at a local orchard tomorrow night.)

Weed-------------------------🤪

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I work for many farmers and yes, they are very concerned about crop prices.  The soybean issue is hotbutton because of Trump's tariffs with China.  All the farmers I know said "fock China, they have been focking us for years".  And now that China won't pay the US, they are burning 1000's of acres of Amazon rainforest in Brazil for soybean fields.  A horrible nation.  Trump is divesting us from them and that is a great thing.  How liberals can side with them is outrageous.

32 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

All farmers squeak by. It's a very hard business with slim margins. That's why farmers are land-rich, but cash poor. Besides, we all know you libs don't care about those people in flyover states.  You've made that abundantly clear. 

• Thanks 2

But RECESSSSSSIIOOOOONNN!!!!!  /Democrats

5 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

All farmers squeak by. It's a very hard business with slim margins. That's why farmers are land-rich, but cash poor. Besides, we all know you libs don't care about those people in flyover states.  You've made that abundantly clear. 

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. I’m not a lib and I do care. We need farmers, especially my community. 

I do find it funny that in a thread about the job numbers released today and a 50 year low unemployment rate, people have tried to turn the conversation to the budget and farming. L O focking L. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I do find it funny that in a thread about the job numbers released today and a 50 year low unemployment rate, people have tried to turn the conversation to the budget and farming. L O focking L. 

Eventually it will gravitate toward impeachment, followed by Trayvon Martin, then Ferguson, and the closure comes when Pennie comes in to tell us how racist it is

5 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Orange man REALLY bad! :mad:

6 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not disrespectful to me, I meant to farmers.  Generally, when I mention farmers I'm referring to smaller, family farms.  They are the one's struggling the most.  This has been a really tough year for many of them in the Midwest.  The weather was crappy in the spring and fall.  We still have over 20% of the crops in fields yet which is getting pretty late.  Recently there was a major LP gas shortage so they have been unable to dry their crops.  Now there is talk of major shortages in hay and silage for bedding and feed for livestock.  Livestock prices are also very poor right now but apparently the future reports are better.

John Cooter Mellencamp just spooged.  🤤

17 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

These are all things that a farmer may be faced with in any given year.  

What does that have to do with a jobs report that shows more jobs were added overall than what was forecasted?

11 hours ago, donkeyjotes said:

Wake us up when the budget is balanced doodoo boy. Woof.

GDP: $20.236 trillion
Total revenue: $3.654 trillion 
Total expenditures: $4.094 trillion

INTEREST ON DEBT $0.479 trillion

budget is balanced if you remove interest on debt 

10 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

You're a focking pathetic lib troll. 

I'm neither.  You'll know when I'm trolling and that isn't right now.

13 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Thats how Hackeye rolls. Deflect. He has a bad case of TDS, and if you ask him to explain it he cant. 

14 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. I’m not a lib and I do care. We need farmers, especially my community. 

Wrong, wrong, I doubt it, correct.

14 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Winner. Ignore the trolls.

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Winner. Ignore the trolls.

If I use the same logic you all seem to have then I should consider you all to be trolls as well.  Obviously, if you don't share my opinion you have to be a troll, right?  You don't agree with me so I'm trolling.  Solid logic.

If an investment advisor had you sell everything in November 2018 and you missed the bounce and the profits, and when you asked what went wrong and they doubled and tripled down on bearish ideas, you would be absolutely right to fire them.

44 minutes ago, riversco said:

If an investment advisor had you sell everything in November 2018 and you missed the bounce and the profits, and when you asked what went wrong and they doubled and tripled down on bearish ideas, you would be absolutely right to fire them.

Liberals want an economic downturn so focking bad. Their financial papers and websites talk about it all the time despite great job numbers, high consumer spending and the increase in wealth pretty much every person is getting. But, but, MUH consumer price index curve regression matrix shows the recession is going to happen in the coming months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If I use the same logic you all seem to have then I should consider you all to be trolls as well.  Obviously, if you don't share my opinion you have to be a troll, right?  You don't agree with me so I'm trolling.  Solid logic.

This is such a stupid response. There is nothing to disagree with here, the jobs number is a statistical fact. 

Your problem is, it reflects well for Trump and his impact on the economy. That's not good for folks like you. Sad, because it's great for America. 

1 minute ago, Reality said:

This is such a stupid response. There is nothing to disagree with here, the jobs number is a statistical fact. 

Your problem is, it reflects well for Trump and his impact on the economy. That's not good for folks like you. Sad, because it's great for America. 

I haven't been arguing the jobs numbers at all.  I don't pretend that everything is perfect like some make it sound.  I'm sorry that I don't ignore what's not going well because it may not make Trump look as good as you want.

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I haven't been arguing the jobs numbers at all.  I don't pretend that everything is perfect like some make it sound.  I'm sorry that I don't ignore what's not going well because it may not make Trump look as good as you want.

When was it ever perfect? 

• Like 1

If this growth can be sustained many other “issues” start showing progress as well.....

this is good news and it’s absolutely pivotal to a sustainable future that has a strong foundation 

gotta love this

23 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This thread is about the jobs number.

HTH

23 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I haven't been arguing the jobs numbers at all.

Why are you in a thread titled Jobs numbers then?????

• Thanks 1