sderk

Jersey City Shootout: 6 Dead Including Police Officer; Suspects Found Dead In Kosher Grocery Store Along With 3 Civilians

Martin Luther King blvd.

A police officer was among six killed in a lengthy gun battle in Jersey City Tuesday.

Watch continuing coverage on CBSN New York

The two suspects were also killed, along with three civilians. Their bodies were found in a kosher grocery store at Bayview Avenue and Martin Luther King Boulevard after an intense shootout with police. Police initially said they were looking for a man and a woman in the shooting.

PhotosScenes From the Jersey City Shootout

It began at roughly 12:45 p.m. at the Bay View cemetery at Garfield Avenue. Sources told CBS2 the suspects were spotted at the cemetery in a rental van. Officers recognized them as being wanted for questioning in a previous homicide, sources said. That’s when the two suspects opened fire and drove about a mile to the grocery store, where a massive gun battle took place in the middle of a residential neighborhood.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jersey-city-shootout-6-dead-including-police-officer-suspects-found-dead-in-kosher-grocery-store-along-with-3-civilians/ar-BBY2lq1?li=BBnb7Kz

Just now, lickin_starfish said:

Cyclone thinks he knows better than our forefathers. Isn't that cute?

I know better than to believe in fairy tales that some concealed carry guy is going to show up to blast those 3 hood rats who have 10 times the ammunition on them. But Hey Sants is coming soon for you OK Billy.

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah...they did show up.  Did you bother to read the article?

Trained professionals? Yes they did. And even one of them got killed. But by all means keep thinking Joe blow with his handgun is going to save the day.

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

It's OK I'm sure a good guy with a gun is going to show up anytime now.

It's Jersey, the good guys aren't allowed to carry guns.  :thumbsdown:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

It's Jersey, the good guys aren't allowed to carry guns.  :thumbsdown:

That’s unfortunate. Hopefully they make it illegal for bad guys to carry guns too. 

12 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I know better than to believe in fairy tales that some concealed carry guy is going to show up to blast those 3 hood rats who have 10 times the ammunition on them. 

Lmao...if you think thats a scenerio that concealed carriers think theyre gonna mitigate, youre lost.  You know better than that. CC is not about "showing up" anywhere with anything.  Its about eliminating a threat you have no choice but to engage. But sure, saving the day is what its about.  What a maroon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

That’s unfortunate. Hopefully they make it illegal for bad guys to carry guns too. 

I think they tried to but those darn bad guys just won't cooperate. :angry:

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Lmao...if you think thats a scenerio that concealed carriers think theyre gonna mitigate, youre lost.  You know better than that. CC is not about "showing up" anywhere with anything.  Its about eliminating a threat you have no choice but to engage. But sure, saving the day is what its about.  What a maroon.

Oh no I'm not lost. It's what gets pumped out all the time that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun right?

I mean my Lord millions in dollars in gun sales are because of that phrase alone.

Just say what it is. People carry because of some paranoid reason that they are going to be in some gun battle.  When in reality they are going to do what everyone else would do. Save themselves, run, hide. 

31 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Cyclone thinks that taking guns away from law abiding citizens will magically *poof* guns away from criminals. Isn't that cute?

Stop it,  ofcourse these criminals would have turned in their illegal guns if it was the law. It's the law dummy, they have to!

51 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Trained professionals? Yes they did. And even one of them got killed. But by all means keep thinking Joe blow with his handgun is going to save the day.

You're the one who was thinking a good guy with a gun was going to show up.  You even posted it:

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Not sure why YOU think I was thinking that.  I never mentioned thinking that at all.  You're weird.

It happens a hell of a lot more often than the media tells you. Don't be a useful idiot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Too late.

People can change. At least I hope.

Ban commercial firearm sales. :wave:

Since that ain't happening, enjoy the carnage America. Just hope it doesn't happen to anyone you care about.  I wish it only effected gun right supporters since they did it to themselves. Unfortunately, innocent people get hurt too.

31 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Since that ain't happening, enjoy the carnage America. Just hope it doesn't happen to anyone you care about.  I wish it only effected gun right supporters since they did it to themselves. Unfortunately, innocent people get hurt too.

What store did the thugs but them from ?

45 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I know. Those criminals wouldn't be criminals getting guns on their own if firearm sales were banned. Brilliant. Let's get rid of the 2nd amendment and make the government both socialized and bigger all at the same time.  :lol:

Clear out everyone, liberal in action. Nothing to see here folks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sderk said:

I know. Those criminals wouldn't be criminals getting guns on their own if firearm sales were banned. Brilliant. Let's get rid of the 2nd amendment and make the government both socialized and bigger all at the same time.  :lol:

What are you talking about? I'm guessing you're white and probably don't live in a dangerous neighborhood. So tell me which are you more likely to get killed by? A gang banger with a stolen illegal gun or the legal gun owner who just snaps and goes into your mall? If you think its the 1st one I'll call you a liar.

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

"Government socialized, bigger, clear out everyone, liberal in action".... what the f*ck are you talking about?  I proposed a solution.  You spout Rush Limbaugh terms. Whatever. Enjoy the carnage.

What are you talking about? I'm guessing you're white and probably don't live in a dangerous neighborhood. So tell me which are you more likely to get killed by? A gang banger with a stolen illegal gun or the legal gun owner who just snaps and goes into your mall? If you think its the 1st one I'll call you a liar.

This is a typical leftist statement these days. Some white person who disagrees with your extremist point of view, you assume they never lived in dangerous neighborhoods and they are so privileged and didn't work hard and build their own way up in life.

You are a disaster and under the control of nutcases.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

"Government socialized, bigger, clear out everyone, liberal in action".... what the f*ck are you talking about?  I proposed a solution.  You spout Rush Limbaugh terms. Whatever. Enjoy the carnage.

Typical. And sad.

White supremacist group? Hell no. That shite would get 24/7, orange man caused it coverage. 

20 hours ago, sderk said:

This is a typical leftist statement these days. Some white person who disagrees with your extremist point of view, you assume they never lived in dangerous neighborhoods and they are so privileged and didn't work hard and build their own way up in life.

You are a disaster and under the control of nutcases.

Lol...hey dope..I vote Republican in every election. 

I'd say extremist (or idiotic) is that more guns will fix our gun problem. 

15 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I'd say extremist (or idiotic) is that more guns will fix our gun problem. 

Do we have a gun problem or a people problem?  Im still waiting for someone to explain how some European countries have high gun ownership and gun violence is nearly non existent.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Do we have a gun problem or a people problem?  Im still waiting for someone to explain how some European countries have high gun ownership and gun violence is nearly non existent.

Both. 

And hard to compare...its apples and oranges with population, diversity, economic status. Alot of factors to make it hard to say...well it works here so why not here.  But to your point..both I think are and can be true.

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Ts & Ps :( 

Ok. Disrespectful punk.  It's on again. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

It happens a hell of a lot more often than the media tells you. Don't be a useful idiot.

Are there any hard numbers on this anywhere?   

I asked mmmbeer not long ago for his opinion on what % of the population he thinks should be armed.  I’d be interested in hearing from Fireballer, Joneo, HT and any other LEO’s on the subject. 

18 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

21 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Just a people problem

29 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

There are 300 million privately owned guns in this country. If they, or the law abiding people who own them, were the problem it would be obvious. 

We have a people problem. A relative few who commit violence and those who sensationalize them and their behavior. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

population, diversity, economic status. 

Sounds like people problems to me.  What about diversity makes us more violent?  Would we be safer segregated?

31 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I asked mmmbeer not long ago for his opinion on what % of the population he thinks should be armed.  I’d be interested in hearing from Fireballer, Joneo, HT and any other LEO’s on the subject. 

Thats a good question.  I would have no problem with a high percentage of the population being armed.  That being said, a high percentage of arms citizens in Cheyenne, Wyoming is a lot different than Detroit.  Common sense would tell you that the more gangstas that get kilt doin gangsta shat, then less peoples will do gangsta shat.  

51 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

My take: Under no circumstances should certain people have guns. We could weed a lot of those people out if we wanted to with common sense restrictions. But here is the problem: The left can't be trusted to stop at common sense.  It's just a fact, it's who they are, it's what they do. It's a sad reality, but an American citizen has the right to arm themselves for their protection. Why should that be put in peril because of thugs and nutjobs? That being said , there is room for some movement on some of these loopholes without putting gun rights on a slippery slope. For instance what just happened in Pensacola. No fargin way should foreigners be allowed to purchase a gun. That's an American's right, not a visitors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

There are 300 million privately owned guns in this country. If they, or the law abiding people who own them, were the problem it would be obvious. 

We have a people problem. A relative few who commit violence and those who sensationalize them and their behavior. 

You mean the actual fact that we have a child younger than 5 killed by a gun every single week isn't a problem enough.

And you can have it both ways. You can't tout how many guns we have is proof of us being any safer. I mean my God with all these gun that we should be the safest country in the world from gun violence.