Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

If you had to pick somewhere in Cali to move to now

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Yeah no kidding Detroit is worse...Duh

San Fran..the city..is disgusting and ridiculously over crowded

As I said earlier in the thread, compared to other maojr cities, San Francisco is a gem.  I've been there.  Its amazing how beautiful it is. 

54 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tahoe. San Diego if they get their poop situation under control. 

Fun fact:  the poop critics have not (and cannot) distinguish between human and dog poop.  And when you factor that in, every city has a massive poop problem.  Dog poop is everywhere in every city.

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

As I said earlier in the thread, compared to other maojr cities, San Francisco is a gem.  I've been there.  Its amazing how beautiful it is. 

When was the last time you were there? 

Just now, riversco said:

Fun fact:  the poop critics have not (and cannot) distinguish between human and dog poop.  And when you factor that in, every city has a massive poop problem.  Dog poop is everywhere.

No

Just now, riversco said:

Things have changed. Tucker Carlson has been doing a series of reports on SF this week. I suggest you watch it. The black female cop really sheds a light on the current situation.  It's out of control. 

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

Fun fact:  the poop critics have not (and cannot) distinguish between human and dog poop.  And when you factor that in, every city has a massive poop problem.  Dog poop is everywhere in every city.

No it is not.  

43 minutes ago, riversco said:

Been there too.  It is a disgusting over crowded dump and I'd prefer to not go back.  

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Been there too.  It is a disgusting over crowded dump and I'd prefer to not go back.  

Could be worse - you could be in Oakland.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Could be worse - you could be in Oakland.  :lol:

Or LA..LA is grimy.....

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Really?  gag

I love me some Hole.  Seriously .:thumbsup:

Courtney is a hell of alot more talented than that POS Kurt

1 minute ago, SUXBNME said:

That's like saying Kathy Griffin is a better comedian than Carrot Top.  They both suck

21 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

They did have a few really good years.  My favorite:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

San Diego if they get their poop situation under control. 

That was only downtown, a small part of the county overall. SD stretches really far and there’s lots of desireable neighborhoods far removed from downtown and it’s city vibe. Not at all like San Fran where it’s all kind of the same “city” neighborhood and feel.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

That was only downtown, a small part of the county overall. SD stretches really far and there’s lots of desireable neighborhoods far removed from downtown and it’s city vibe. 

Do you still see your hot homeless?  :(

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

That was only downtown, a small part of the county overall. SD stretches really far and there’s lots of desireable neighborhoods far removed from downtown and it’s city vibe. Not at all like San Fran where it’s all kind of the same “city” neighborhood and feel.

Good. What about the cans? 

3 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Do you still see your hot homeless?  :(

Not the same one but have seen a couple others since that fit the bill here and there. You kind of turn your head sideways and say “yea I’d hit that.” In a shameful way.

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I don’t follow, cans?

Titts, breasts, melons, bazoooms. 

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Titts, breasts, melons, bazoooms. 

Well, nothing out of the ordinary and anyone asking may be confusing it with the plastic surgery culture of LA which is another world away from SD in vibe. But there’s a Mecca of hot moms here when you go to the more upscale areas grocery stores and such. Just Milfs in yoga pants heaven.

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I have no problem with "the gays," so I appreciate your intellectual laziness in lumping us conservatards together.  :thumbsup:

lighten up

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

I don’t follow, cans?

Mexi-cans, Puerto Ri-can’s, African Ameri-cans? 

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

You mean like the marina, mission, height, north beach, sunset, and richmond?

If I was going to move somewhere else within the state it would be the San Diego area. Not SD proper but down that way. Strictly for the year round warm weather. 

21 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

There are a lot of wonderful areas (south to north):

San Diego

Pacific Beach

La Jolla

Del Mar

laguna

Newport

Huntington Beach

Malibu

Santa Barbara

Solvang

Santa Maria

SLO

Pismo

Big Sur

Carmel

Pacific Grove

Monterey

Capitola (near santa cruz)

Pescadero

Half Moon Bay

San Francisco

Marin county: sausalito, tiburon, mill valley, larkspur, san anselmo

Petaluma

tomales bay

bodega bay

sea ranch/gualala

sonoma

napa

Healdsburg

Lake tahoe

Great list. I recently spent time in Petaluma vs. skirting it like usual. It's a neater place than I'd realized. I might choose somewhere not far from there as it still somewhat has Sac's strong point of being a good central location.

As for SF, I did a lot of tourist stuff on my last visit and didn't see any poop (I was actually looking) and saw fewer homeless than I do in Sac. BUT I stayed away from the everyday municipal areas where it's far more concentrated. There was one very crazy guy yelling as he walked the otherwise serene streets of the neighborhood near Coit tower. He was yelling and moaning and it was hellish sounding. Not to sound goodie goodie but prayer for him wound up making the most sense. My first emotion was some fear (hopefully our paths are not going to cross) with a heavy side of resentment. Beautiful day, charming neighborhood, extreme auditory juxtaposition. But he sounded agonized enough that the resentment was clearly a useless, idiotic reaction. Seemed like something much bigger than him was happening to him.

7 hours ago, supermike80 said:

That's like saying Kathy Griffin is a better comedian than Carrot Top.  They both suck

Comedy, like music is subjective. 
Musical talent as an individual, not as subjective. hth :cheers:

I currently reside in Livermore which is in the East Bay Area. I love it. They are an up and coming wine producing area and we have a really great downtown area. With that said I would move to San Diego in a heartbeat. So much more relaxed and the weather is amazing. My wife works in SF and routinely cannot walk the sidewalks around her office because the homeless encampments are so bad. They literally take over blocks of sidewalks. Police come and get them to move along but they always come back. Usually within a day or too. There are some very cool places though. 

^Speaking of Livermore

California has so many different sides to it. The state is seriously considering buying this 50K+ acre ranch for a state park. This is the bay area.

I heard California wants to switch names with New Mexico. 

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

Next door to Bier Meister

👍