Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Still no reason to call him an idiot and a disaster.   It just looks bad and is exactly the type of thing Trump does that is infuriating to people who otherwise might be ok with him as President.  Just state WHY you object to things Fauci is doing or has done.  Personal attacks have no place in Politics.

And political hacks have no place being the head of the CDC. Tie goes to the runner...Trump

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Such a stupid headline.  Fauci says “You may have to bite the bullet and sacrifice that social gathering, unless you’re pretty certain that the people that you’re dealing with are not infected,” and people take that as him canceling Thanksgiving.

He did cancel his own Thanksgiving. And used that as an example of what we all should do :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Such a stupid headline.  Fauci says “You may have to bite the bullet and sacrifice that social gathering, unless you’re pretty certain that the people that you’re dealing with are not infected,” and people take that as him canceling Thanksgiving.

Yeah that's what "sacrifice that social gathering" means

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

And political hacks have no place being the head of the CDC. Tie goes to the runner...Trump

Trump has said a lot of dumb things over the last 4 years.  There's no comparison.  And I haven't seen anything suggesting Fauci is a political hack.  I think he cares about safety, at all costs.  It's not always realistic but he's a doctor.  That's how they think.  Doesn't make him a hack. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Yeah that's what "sacrifice that social gathering" means

He's not stopping the holiday, it still exists.  Families will still celebrate on their own, just not with extended family members.  It's also a suggestion so nothing is being canceled.  Some of you try way to hard to make stupid things like this a big deal.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Families will still celebrate on their own, just not with extended family members.  It's also a suggestion so nothing is being canceled.  Some of you try way to hard to make stupid things like this a big deal.

They will, and that will be an example of them not following Fauci's advice.  Some people think that's a huge deal.  :dunno:

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He's not stopping the holiday, it still exists.  Families will still celebrate on their own, just not with extended family members.  It's also a suggestion so nothing is being canceled.  Some of you try way to hard to make stupid things like this a big deal.

Strike wanted an example of Fauci going mad. Him saying we may need to cancel thanksgiving 9 months after flattening the curve is an example. 

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Strike wanted an example of Fauci going mad. Him saying we may need to cancel thanksgiving 9 months after flattening the curve is an example. 

I don't see how suggesting that people not have large gatherings for Thanksgiving is an example of him going mad.  In fact, I think it's an example of him doing his job by telling people to be responsible during a pandemic.  Not sure why anyone feels the need to exaggerate this to the extent they are unless they have some kind of personal bias against Fauci.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

So say Fauci isn't suggesting we all cancel Thanksgiving plans is mad also.  He was very clear. 

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

1)  Fauci didn't suggest canceling Thanksgiving as policy.  Again, he's trying to keep people safe.

2)  Even if you don't agree with him, that doesn't justify Trump calling him an idiot and a disaster.

3)  This is the reason there are no lefties willing to discuss things with us on this site.  

4)  You have me and Hawekeye in agreement, which is a first.  Thanks a lot. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

1)  Fauci didn't suggest canceling Thanksgiving as policy.  Again, he's trying to keep people safe.

2)  Even if you don't agree with him, that doesn't justify Trump calling him an idiot and a disaster.

3)  This is the reason there are no lefties willing to discuss things with us on this site.  

4)  You have me and Hawekeye in agreement, which is a first.  Thanks a lot. 

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing.

42 minutes ago, Strike said:

Trump has said a lot of dumb things over the last 4 years.  There's no comparison.  And I haven't seen anything suggesting Fauci is a political hack.  I think he cares about safety, at all costs.  It's not always realistic but he's a doctor.  That's how they think.  Doesn't make him a hack. 

Then don’t vote for him. Simple. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then don’t vote for him. Simple. 

If not for Biden and the whacky left I probably wouldn't.  And this isn't about that.  FFS.

I’m inclined to agree with Strike, I don’t see the political benefit of attacking Fauci.  I suspect that there are a lot of people on the fence who plan to vote for Trump in part because they think that, despite all of his shortcomings, at least he has competent people in some consultative roles, Fauci being arguably the most visible one. 

58 minutes ago, Strike said:

This factual documented evidence might make him a political hack. 

You do know that after the US ceased all viral experiments like the one that created Covid, because of safety concerns? And you do know that after it being shut off in the states,, Fauci funneled something like 3 million to the Wuhan lab that is most likely responsible for this. 

Get educated kids....so you don't sound so stupid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drobeski said:

This factual documented evidence might make him a political hack. 

You do know that after the US ceased all viral experiments like the one that created Covid, because of safety concerns? And you do know that after it being shut off in the states,, Fauci funneled something like 3 million to the Wuhan lab that is most likely responsible for this. 

Get educated kids....so you don't sound so stupid. 

We know who he is talking about, but what "illness" is he talking about?

20 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

We know who he is talking about, but what "illness" is he talking about?

He loves him some hillary.....

42 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Anyone that thinks Fauci is some sort of political hack is a moron.

Yeah, I just cant see him as political. I think he is trying to deliver the best information he can on what is a pretty challenging situation. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yeah, I just cant see him as political. I think he is trying to deliver the best information he can on what is a pretty challenging situation. 

He originally said masks don't help.... what changed... the narrative needed to change, so his science changed.  That's political as it gets. Never mind the emails where he showed is almost creepy adoration for Hillary. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

He originally said masks don't help.... what changed... the narrative needed to change, so his science changed.  That's political as it gets. Never mind the emails where he showed is almost creepy adoration for Hillary. 

Stop being a complete moron.  Yeah we  know you are like a 90% moron, but even that's too much for you.   

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Stop being a complete moron.  Yeah we  know you are like a 90% moron, but even that's too much for you.   

A moron is someone who says they would vote for someone based on personality not policy.  We know where you fall. 

Good job refuting my points though, moron. 

20 minutes ago, drobeski said:

A moron is someone who says they would vote for someone based on personality not policy.  We know where you fall. 

That'll leave a mark. How many and 0 now?

Climb in the ring, take a swing at the champ, better not miss... And still..

42 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I think people, including Fauci, make mistakes.  Everyone makes mistakes.  When people highlight the mistakes of others I tend to get a little suspicious of them.

Like Biden pretending he would have done a better job, absolute garbage...more likely he would have made it worse.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Like Biden pretending he would have done a better job, absolute garbage...more likely he would have made it worse.

Biden would have had us all in our basements.  The economy would have been so destroyed that would have had to start a war faster than he originally planned.

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Biden would have had us all in our basements.  The economy would have been so destroyed that would have had to start a war faster than he originally planned.

Let's not forget that the Democrats, notably and perhaps especially Biden and Pelosi, went after Trump for reacting properly to the situation by limiting travel from China.  These people elevated their political aims above our safety, and that is true over and over from them....

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Anyone that thinks Fauci is some sort of political hack is a moron.

It's hard to say if he's a political hack, but he's a Dem for sure.  As for his effectiveness as a public health doc, you could look back to his handling of AIDS and tell us whether he did a good job with that.  

18 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Yeah. Just like curing cancer. 

I don't understand the whole "I would have handled it better" thing from biden. What has he ever done in his nearly 50 years in government that shows he would have the ability to handle a pandemic? Then there's pelosi at the end of February widely encouraging people to go out in masses to chinatown in the attempt to make Trump look bad cause of his having a travel ban that was supposably harming our lovely chinese American neighborhoods.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. Just like curing cancer. 

I don't understand the whole "I would have handled it better" thing from biden. What has he ever done in his nearly 50 years in government that shows he would have the ability to handle a pandemic? Then there's pelosi at the end of February widely encouraging people to go out in masses to chinatown in the attempt to make Trump look bad cause of his having a travel ban was harming our lovely chinese American neighborhoods.

Just another lie in the long line of them that MSM allows the Democrats to spew.

And there are no shortage of stupid people who consume this nonsense.

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Yeah that's not a moron.   You are a moron however.  I mean call it what it is  

8 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Yeah that's not a moron.   You are a moron however.  I mean call it what it is  

No, it is. Big time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

I’ve been on record here as speculating that Fauci lied about masks originally because the medical and first responders were in short supply and they wanted to stock them up before there was a panic run by the general public.  As such he has shown that he can be Machiavellian, from a medical perspective.  I don’t see how that translates to something like he is lying now to keep the economy down and hurt Trump.  Doesn’t seem like he is “political” in that way.  :dunno:

4 hours ago, drobeski said:

He originally said masks don't help.

why do Doctors, nurses, dentists and insulators wear them?

22 minutes ago, edjr said:

why do Doctors, nurses, dentists and insulators wear them?

Exactly.  Everyone should wear masks all the time, as well as gloves and scrubs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't see how suggesting that people not have large gatherings for Thanksgiving is an example of him going mad.  In fact, I think it's an example of him doing his job by telling people to be responsible during a pandemic.  Not sure why anyone feels the need to exaggerate this to the extent they are unless they have some kind of personal bias against Fauci.

That's not what he said. He said sacrifice thanksgiving. That doesn't mean maybe not invite your 3rd aunt on your father's side. 

Hes a smart man and used the words he meant to. To sacrifice something doesn't mean to only go part way. It means to kill to totally stop.

If anyone is exaggerating it's you trying to twist his words. 

• Like 1

This all sounds like common sense to me while a pandemic is going on. Not sure where the disconnect is.

"You may have to bite the bullet and sacrifice that social gathering, unless you're pretty certain that the people that you're dealing with are not infected."

"That is unfortunately a risk, when you have people coming from out of town, gathering together in an indoor setting,"

“When you’re talking about relatives that are getting on a plane, being exposed in an airport, being exposed in a plane, then walk in the door and say ‘Happy Thanksgiving’, that’s what you have to be careful about,”

“I say that some people in this country are going to be a relatively normal type of a Thanksgiving but in other areas of the country, you better hold off and maybe just have immediate family,”

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

That's not what he said. He said sacrifice thanksgiving. That doesn't mean maybe not invite your 3rd aunt on your father's side. 

Hes a smart man and used the words he meant to. To sacrifice something doesn't mean to only go part way. It means to kill to totally stop.

If anyone is exaggerating it's you trying to twist his words. 

How have I exaggerated this?