Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Stop trying to force people who've already had Covid to get the vaccine. It's really stupid.

This is actually also a good point in the black vs white vaccination debate, since blacks are more likely to have had covid (due to more often living in denser cities and working jobs that couldn’t be done remotely). 

21 hours ago, TimHauck said:

That article was an insult to "intellectual rigor," and the author makes the rest of the WaPo look like conservative treehouse.  An article that argues against whataboutism by using whataboutism with a sprinkling of "it's not their fault, the democrat cities in democrat states make it harder for blacks to get vaccines, plus Tuskegee$#@!"  Anyone who thinks that loads of black people sit at home saying "the government did experiments on blacks 90 years ago, I'm not getting that vaccine" is not very intellectually rigorous.  Republican distrust of government is much more recent, but it doesn't fit the apologist narrative.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

That article was an insult to "intellectual rigor," and the author makes the rest of the WaPo look like conservative treehouse.  An article that argues against whataboutism by using whataboutism with a sprinkling of "it's not their fault, the democrat cities in democrat states make it harder for blacks to get vaccines, plus Tuskegee$#@!"  Anyone who thinks that loads of black people sit at home saying "the government did experiments on blacks 90 years ago, I'm not getting that vaccine" is not very intellectually rigorous.  Republican distrust of government is much more recent, but it doesn't fit the apologist narrative.

Yeah I don’t think we should be making excuses for black people not getting vaccinated (if they haven’t already had covid).   But it is true that whites not getting vaccinated is a bigger barrier to getting a higher % of total people vaccinated, since there are more of them.

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

But it is true that whites not getting vaccinated is a bigger barrier to getting a higher % of total people vaccinated, since there are more of them.

Well spoken from the same vein as "blacks are too stupid to know where the DMV is".  

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah I don’t think we should be making excuses for black people not getting vaccinated (if they haven’t already had covid).   But it is true that whites not getting vaccinated is a bigger barrier to getting a higher % of total people vaccinated, since there are more of them.

I don't necessarily doubt his numbers or your statement.  I for one have never thought blacks were the biggest impediment to... herd immunity, whatever that is.  I just find it funny that they are an issue and we get pablum like that article from the leftist MSM.  That guy is embarrassing by the way, unless he proudly wears his Left badge.  If he pretends to be impartial...

Another point I realized after I posted:  he painstakingly breaks out white repubs and dems, but doesn't do that for blacks.  Why is that?  Aren't like 90% of Blacks Democrat?  Wouldn't that normalization make their vaccination rate all the more egregiously bad?  Intellectual rigor and all.  :dunno: 

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't necessarily doubt his numbers or your statement.  I for one have never thought blacks were the biggest impediment to... herd immunity, whatever that is.  I just find it funny that they are an issue and we get pablum like that article from the leftist MSM.  That guy is embarrassing by the way, unless he proudly wears his Left badge.  If he pretends to be impartial...

Another point I realized after I posted:  he painstakingly breaks out white repubs and dems, but doesn't do that for blacks.  Why is that?  Aren't like 90% of Blacks Democrat?  Wouldn't that normalization make their vaccination rate all the more egregiously bad?  Intellectual rigor and all.  :dunno: 

Are you saying he’s embarrassing because of the article or he’s always embarrassing?  I have no idea who he is.

I believe he did note that the overwhelming majority of blacks are Democrats though, so the % of total blacks is going to be similar to the % of black Democrats.  But that was the point, that Republicans bring up blacks when getting called out for having a low vaccination rate, however they are usually referring to black vs white and not black Democrats vs white Republicans, which isn’t as big of a difference (and according to the linked survey, actually shows blacks as higher but I’m guessing some of them lied or something - https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-july-2021/ )

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Are you saying he’s embarrassing because of the article or he’s always embarrassing?  I have no idea who he is.

I believe he did note that the overwhelming majority of blacks are Democrats though, so the % of total blacks is going to be similar to the % of black Democrats.  But that was the point, that Republicans bring up blacks when getting called out for having a low vaccination rate, however they are usually referring to black vs white and not black Democrats vs white Republicans, which isn’t as big of a difference (and according to the linked survey, actually shows blacks as higher but I’m guessing some of them lied or something - https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-july-2021/ )

I don't know him either.

I'm saying I want to see black dems vs white dems, and black repubs vs. white repubs.  

12 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I don't know him either.

I'm saying I want to see black dems vs white dems, and black repubs vs. white repubs.  

Black Republicans vs White Republicans might be interesting, but what’s the point of White Dems vs Black Dems?  We know most White Dems are getting it but a lot of Black Dems aren’t (since most Blacks are Dems).

Not sure if I see anything specific on that though.

This is interesting along similar lines, vaccination %’s by county - 

Overwhelmingly, the counties with the lowest vaccinated %’s are small populations and voted 75%+ for Trump (so most likely predominatly white).

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Black Republicans vs White Republicans might be interesting, but what’s the point of White Dems vs Black Dems?  We know most White Dems are getting it but a lot of Black Dems aren’t (since most Blacks are Dems).

Overwhelmingly, the counties with the lowest vaccinated %’s are small populations and voted 75%+ for Trump (so most likely predominatly white).

Wouldnt it make more sense that people who live on rural land where they have no neighbors for a 1/4 mile feel less threatened by covid?  As opposed to city dwellers who live in a sardine can? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Wouldnt it make more sense that people who live on rural land where they have no neighbors for a 1/4 mile feel less threatened by covid?  As opposed to city dwellers who live in a sardine can? 

I’m sure that might be part of the thinking but it’s not really true unless they work remotely/own their own farm and don’t plan on seeing other people.   See current rise in deaths in Arkansas or the fact that states like Mississippi and South Dakota remain among the top 10 states in deaths/million.

Maybe they don’t have ID? There are no kinkos in rural areas I’ve been told. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

NO!  It has to be based on politics!!!

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

If you normalize for political affiliation you see that blacks are substantially NOT getting the vaccine for reasons other than politics.  The author didn't want to communicate that though. :dunno: 

18 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I see 38% of blacks have received at least one dose.

Thanks for proving me right (again)!

Poor lying botcuck. Questions the 30m number then proves me right.  Plus its 38% of 40 states and they only have race data on 58%. Go get your shoeshine box. 

23 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Poor lying botcuck. Questions the 30m number then proves me right.  Plus its 38% of 40 states and they only have race data on 58%. Go get your shoeshine box. 

You were the one that posted that link as evidence, now you’re doubting it’s accuracy?  Lol you’re too much.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

If you normalize for political affiliation you see that blacks are substantially NOT getting the vaccine for reasons other than politics.  The author didn't want to communicate that though. :dunno: 

Eh I don’t think the author was avoiding that at all.  We know the majority of white Democrats are getting the vaccine, which isn’t the case for blacks as a whole.  And since most blacks are democrats, then yes it’s easy to conclude that it’s not due to politics (that many blacks aren’t getting it).  

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

You were the one that posted that link as evidence, now you’re doubting it’s accuracy?  Lol you’re too much.

62% of 48 million is 30 million you lying retard. :lol: And as it turns out that is way conservative. 

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

62% of 48 million is 30 million you lying retard. :lol: And as it turns out that is way conservative. 

OK my apologies, I was going off the 40 million that HT said for the total population.   See I can admit the rare times I am wrong, too bad you can't admit the many times you are wrong.

And again, the point still stands.  More whites are unvaccinated than blacks.   Ergo, we can make more difference increasing our total % of people vaccinated by vaccinating more whites.

15 hours ago, TimHauck said:

On 8/5/2021 at 10:04 AM, TimHauck said:

You're not trying to claim the vax erased his natural immunity or something are you?

Lol, I see Berenson is back from suspension (for now) and this seems to be his new argument.  What a whacko

And an update to the “failing vaccine” data in Israel 

Looks like the theory was correct that Delta first hit cities, which are largely vaccinated.  As it now hits outlying areas which are less vaccinated, the effectiveness of the vaccine is showing.

45 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

And an update to the “failing vaccine” data in Israel 

Looks like the theory was correct that Delta first hit cities, which are largely vaccinated.  As it now hits outlying areas which are less vaccinated, the effectiveness of the vaccine is showing.

I'd be curious to know how covid is playing out in Israel proper vs. The Palestinian territories...

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'd be curious to know how covid is playing out in Israel proper vs. The Palestinian territories...

I think that’s kinda what I was alluding to...Delta may not have really hit Palestine yet.  Also Israel is testing at a rate about 5x more than Palestine so a little hard to compare anyway.

Doomsday for Sweden. Oh wait, no deaths past 7 days, never locked down. May have worn useless masks for a month or so. Totally open while the rest of Europe totally fails with masks, jabs ,& lockdowns.

11 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Doomsday for Sweden. Oh wait, no deaths past 7 days, never locked down. May have worn useless masks for a month or so. Totally open while the rest of Europe totally fails with masks, jabs ,& lockdowns.

I believe they have a similar vax rate as the US.

What are they saying about the migrants coming in? 

On 1/8/2021 at 1:13 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cant wait to hear that the illegal population is not a significant spreader of the Covid.  Neither is any other population, but you get the point. 

They are so easy to figure out. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They are so easy to figure out. 

Only straight white cis-gendered Republicans are responsible for anything covid related. 

On 8/7/2021 at 5:33 AM, TimHauck said:

It's possible that those counties are also rural; population is spread out, schools are smaller...and the rate of covid there wasn't ever really high. We have a rural area in CA where they have only had a small number of cases and schools NEVER closed last year...there just wasn't a need. 

so, I can see why they might have lower vax numbers. 

40 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

It's possible that those counties are also rural; population is spread out, schools are smaller...and the rate of covid there wasn't ever really high. We have a rural area in CA where they have only had a small number of cases and schools NEVER closed last year...there just wasn't a need. 

so, I can see why they might have lower vax numbers. 

Agree, already discussed above.  But as mentioned, it's not really true that rural areas as a whole were really spared.

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Agree, already discussed above.  But as mentioned, it's not really true that rural areas as a whole were really spared.

Would you agree an open border with a neighboring country that is a Covid hot spot is the dumbest thing you’ve seen so far? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Would you agree an open border with a neighboring country that is a Covid hot spot is the dumbest thing you’ve seen so far? 

Not worse than sending infected people into nursing homes.