Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

I don't need to give you a link because I'm not trying to win any argument here. But you are wrong. You can move on to the next person to fight with about this insanity.

So you know you’re wrong, cool

2 hours ago, CantTouchThis said:

This thread is fascinating. I just skipped around March 2020 posts. It's crazy how everyday in March everything escalated. BTW, official totals are up to 40.8 million cases and 658k deaths. We all know many people who have gotten it. I'm sure many people here have gotten it. Most of us, including me, know people who have died from it. I don't agree with mandating the vaccine. But...

Don't be a b1tch and get vaccinated already.

In 2020, we were ALL just hoping for a vaccine so we can get over this. We got one now. It doesn't make you weak or scared to get one. It's the smart, selfless, and rational decision.

In the grand scope of things, no country has handled this crisis worse than the US. It wasn't because of the media or politics, it was because half of our citizens are spoiled, dumb, short sighted and selfish. We really are just a bunch of spoiled brats who b1tch and moan when we don't get our way. Be a rational adult and get the shot.

ETA: The media and politics fumbled it and are continuing to and they have certainly not helped things. This pandemic has just been a giant clusterfvck.

Wrong.    We are doing some of the worst in hospitalizations and deaths because we are some of the fattest and unhealthiest people on the planet.   Also older than compared to most countries.   And because we pissed away valuable time and resources on trying to shut down the country  - we robbed that from where we should have focused.    We should have been all about testing and focused protection of the most at risk (elderly & comorbidities).    We should have been laser focused on that instead we were wearing masks as we walk through a restaurant but take it off when I sit down.    And we've now completely blown a significant opportunity for a much needed cultural shift:   Take fukin care of yourself.    Gov't can't do sh!t for you if you are 5'8" tall and weigh 300 lbs.     If you've been smoking for the last 20 yrs, what the fuk are you doing?     Have some personal responsibility and then the govt can fuk right off.      

2 hours ago, CantTouchThis said:

In the grand scope of things, no country has handled this crisis worse than the US. It wasn't because of the media or politics, it was because half of our citizens are spoiled, dumb, short sighted and selfish. We really are just a bunch of spoiled brats who b1tch and moan when we don't get our way. Be a rational adult and get the shot.

Fock off.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CantTouchThis said:

This thread is fascinating. I just skipped around March 2020 posts. It's crazy how everyday in March everything escalated. BTW, official totals are up to 40.8 million cases and 658k deaths. We all know many people who have gotten it. I'm sure many people here have gotten it. Most of us, including me, know people who have died from it. I don't agree with mandating the vaccine. But...

Don't be a b1tch and get vaccinated already.

In 2020, we were ALL just hoping for a vaccine so we can get over this. We got one now. It doesn't make you weak or scared to get one. It's the smart, selfless, and rational decision.

ETA: The media and politics fumbled it and are continuing to and they have certainly not helped things. This pandemic has just been a giant clusterfvck.

why do I need the vaccine?  I had covid

next 

11 hours ago, Masshole said:

Wrong.    We are doing some of the worst in hospitalizations and deaths because we are some of the fattest and unhealthiest people on the planet.   Also older than compared to most countries.   And because we pissed away valuable time and resources on trying to shut down the country  - we robbed that from where we should have focused.    We should have been all about testing and focused protection of the most at risk (elderly & comorbidities).    We should have been laser focused on that instead we were wearing masks as we walk through a restaurant but take it off when I sit down.    And we've now completely blown a significant opportunity for a much needed cultural shift:   Take fukin care of yourself.    Gov't can't do sh!t for you if you are 5'8" tall and weigh 300 lbs.     If you've been smoking for the last 20 yrs, what the fuk are you doing?     Have some personal responsibility and then the govt can fuk right off.      

While we should have done/be doing better considering our resources I actually don’t think we’re necessarily among “the worst,” and I agree we were also impacted by the number of fat and/or old people.  We just keep accurate numbers and a lot of other countries didn’t/don’t.

And I agree probably our biggest failure was/is the lack of easy access to testing.  Even now it’s hard to get an appointment at CVS/Walgreens and if you can even find a store bought rapid test they’re $10 a piece compared to free or a dollar or 2 in other countries.

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

It's starting. "Breakthrough" case rate reported here is doubled from month ago. Deaths have tripled.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/09/07/massachusetts-coronavirus-breakthrough-cases-jump-4415-last-week-more-than-600-fully-vaccinated-people-a-day/

This looks like it’s just saying the rate of infections/hospitalizations is increasing, not necessarily the share vs unvaccinated.  I’m not a fan of the misleading data like “the # of hospitalized breakthrough cases are 0.002% of the total # of vaccinated people” though.

30 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What do you think Barry is thinking here?  Maybe "thankfully he's not my problem anymore"

Hillary is thinking "JFC. I couldn't beat Trump but this vegetable somehow (wink wink) got 81 million votes?" 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fireballer said:

What do you think Barry is thinking here?  Maybe "thankfully he's not my problem anymore"

He's thinking about how much fun he's going to have with 45 minutes worth of hotdogs

10 hours ago, TimHauck said:

This looks like it’s just saying the rate of infections/hospitalizations is increasing, not necessarily the share vs unvaccinated.  I’m not a fan of the misleading data like “the # of hospitalized breakthrough cases are 0.002% of the total # of vaccinated people” though.

The article is very clear. The "breakthrough" numbers have doubled in a month and now make up 1/4 of hospitalizations. I assume that 25% is an increase. The death rate number is still extremely low, but to triple in 2 weeks is significant. What this data really means is debatable. But it is data that will be interesting to see play out in a month. 

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Did you listen to the video?  They're not really "recovered," they just don't have the virus anymore.   They were initially in the hospital for covid, and are still in the hospital just no longer on the covid floor, probably due to prior complications from covid.

My aunt has high blood pressure now after getting Covid.  And found out a young nurse got Covid and now has developed high blood pressure.

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The article is very clear. The "breakthrough" numbers have doubled in a month and now make up 1/4 of hospitalizations. I assume that 25% is an increase. The death rate number is still extremely low, but to triple in 2 weeks is significant. What this data really means is debatable. But it is data that will be interesting to see play out in a month. 

It's not really clear since it only talks about breakthroughs with no comparison to total infections other than the one statement saying breakthroughs are currently about 25% of total hospitalizations.  They also have 67% of their total population fully vaccinated and 76% with at least one dose, so I'm sure even higher among the elderly.

You know what happens when you assume...

Their totals (in cases especially) have been increasing, so we don't know if breakthroughs are increasing faster than the total.

Nonetheless, despite cases that have been increasing since early July, they've seen a minimal increase in daily deaths.  Currently at about 9 per day, compared to prior peaks of over 170 last spring and 80 in January.   So seems like they're doing pretty well.

30 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Only a dope would think this video is legitimate.

Oh- of course Fireballer believes it. 

So just ignore the real names of the people and the real hospital name in the Twitter thread. Is the audio dubbed over the video?

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So just ignore the real names of the people and the real hospital name in the Twitter thread. Is the audio dubbed over the video?

Yeah seems real.   Maybe recorded by someone who doesn't want to get the vaccine and could be losing their job soon.

It just doesn't say what you think it says.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It just doesn't say what you think it says.

What it says is that these particular doctors and hospital administrators are trying to create a scary narrative and scare people into thinking they will die if they don't get vaxxed.  You ignored that tidbit with your previous post.

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What it says is that these particular doctors and hospital administrators are trying to create a scary narrative and scare people into thinking they will die if they don't get vaxxed.  You ignored that tidbit with your previous post.

It was a poor choice of words, but they are not inflating the numbers, the discussion is about being more accurate since they're not really "recovered."  

LOL at the twitter comments, they've obviously never been on a business conference call.   "We can talk about it offline" is like the #1 comment stated on conference calls and these people think that means they were planning a grand conspiracy.

Hospital is backing them btw - https://www.wect.com/2021/09/10/novant-health-issues-statement-leaked-internal-discussion-covid-19-patient-numbers/

19 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It was a poor choice of words, but they are not inflating the numbers, the discussion is about being more accurate since they're not really "recovered."  

LOL at the twitter comments, they've obviously never been on a business conference call.   "We can talk about it offline" is like the #1 comment stated on conference calls and these people think that means they were planning a grand conspiracy.

Hospital is backing them btw - https://www.wect.com/2021/09/10/novant-health-issues-statement-leaked-internal-discussion-covid-19-patient-numbers/

"You know we have to say something like if you don't get vaccinated you know youre gonna die"

Sure, OK.

This was a frank discussion among medical and communications professionals on how we can more accuratelyconvey the severity and seriousness of what’s happening inside of our hospitals and throughout our communities. 

10 hours ago, TimHauck said:

It's not really clear since it only talks about breakthroughs with no comparison to total infections other than the one statement saying breakthroughs are currently about 25% of total hospitalizations.  They also have 67% of their total population fully vaccinated and 76% with at least one dose, so I'm sure even higher among the elderly.

You know what happens when you assume...

Their totals (in cases especially) have been increasing, so we don't know if breakthroughs are increasing faster than the total.

Nonetheless, despite cases that have been increasing since early July, they've seen a minimal increase in daily deaths.  Currently at about 9 per day, compared to prior peaks of over 170 last spring and 80 in January.   So seems like they're doing pretty well.

:lol: The liar shows his face.  bot the article is about breakthroughs. The facts are there. 2x more than a month ago. 25% of all covid hospitalizations. Deaths low, but on the rise. These are alarming numbers. Anyone who would say otherwise is a lying political hack.

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Lol Kory cares about fraudulent studies now?

:lol: message board liar pwns scientist and doctor.

11 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol: The liar shows his face.  bot the article is about breakthroughs. The facts are there. 2x more than a month ago. 25% of all covid hospitalizations. Deaths low, but on the rise. These are alarming numbers. Anyone who would say otherwise is a lying political hack.

Lol nice of you to finally be concerned with covid deaths, but cases in MA have been increasing for like 2 months and deaths are still only about 11% of the winter peak.  That’s not “alarming”. 

52 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Lol Kory cares about fraudulent studies now?

What a stupid response, expected though.

Actual fascism folks, enjoy.

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Lol nice of you to finally be concerned with covid deaths, but cases in MA have been increasing for like 2 months and deaths are still only about 11% of the winter peak.  That’s not “alarming”. 

Good job lying bot. Do you need someone to sign your timesheet? 

30 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Tim,

It will all be over soon.  Remember the Arkansas data you posted that showed cases and deaths declining in mid-September?

14 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Tim,

It will all be over soon.  Remember the Arkansas data you posted that showed cases and deaths declining in mid-September?

I hope so!  But no, I don’t think I’ve posted about Arkansas in a little while and today is only September 12th.  But their deaths hit about 75% of their previous peak although yes fortunately now look to be coming back down.  What’s your point?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I hope so!  But no, I don’t think I’ve posted about Arkansas in a little while and today is only September 12th.  But their deaths hit about 75% of their previous peak although yes fortunately now look to be coming back down.  What’s your point?

Why do I need a point?  Anyway, you responded with the point (which is that cases/deaths are coming down).  It's not really dependent upon whether you've posted about it lately or not, though that was data you specifically posted on a prior occasion.

49 minutes ago, Reality said:

What a stupid response, expected though.

Actual fascism folks, enjoy.

She’s just doing the same exact thing Kory does, saying it’s “100% proven!” when in reality it’s not proven either way.

And requiring a vaccine to take a flight isn’t fascism.

2 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Why do I need a point?  Anyway, you responded with the point (which is that cases/deaths are coming down).  It's not really dependent upon whether you've posted about it lately or not, though that was data you specifically posted on a prior occasion.

I was referring to your comment about “mid September.”  Its just about mid-September now, so if I haven’t posted about Arkansas recently, then I haven’t haven't posted about them in mid-September.

Are you saying I was wrong about something?  Pretty sure my point was about their hospitalizations being similar to their prior peak, which was true, and deaths weren’t far behind being at about 75% of their peak.

But thank you for the comparison in the wake of Timmy’s comments about MA.  MA’s deaths may go a little higher, but I’d put $100 on that they don’t get higher than 50% of their previous peak.

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

She’s just doing the same exact thing Kory does, saying it’s “100% proven!” when in reality it’s not proven either way.

You see that's what kills me about people like you. Fascism is a bunch of things rolled together to control the populace. You can't see the forest for the trees.

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah, ok.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I was referring to your comment about “mid September.”  Its just about mid-September now, so if I haven’t posted about Arkansas recently, then I haven’t haven't posted about them in mid-September.

Are you saying I was wrong about something?  Pretty sure my point was about their hospitalizations being similar to their prior peak, which was true, and deaths weren’t far behind being at about 75% of their peak.

But thank you for the comparison in the wake of Timmy’s comments about MA.  MA’s deaths may go a little higher, but I’d put $100 on that they don’t get higher than 50% of their previous peak.

Yes, you posted some data earlier from Arkansas that predicted that cases/deaths would go down in mid September and they are.  That was an unintended consequence of your posting of that data, but since the cases/deaths are going down and I do not believe that this virus, in any and all of its variants, discriminates by State, then we should be on the downside of our recent spike in cases.