Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Davonte Adams out for thr Packers going into their biggest game of the year vs thr undefeated Cards on Thursday.  

Vaxed.  Probably no symptoms.  

JOKE

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Just because something isn't 100% effective, doesn't mean it's 0% effective.

Idiot.

10 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Wow, good catch on finally catching something math-related.  Only took ya about 19 months.   But, looks like maybe 3 cells of data might've gotten accidentally copied over.     Which wouldn't really change the overall numbers.

Lying loser bot. :lol: Making excuses for a federal government agency. How powerful you must feel. 

So can a board lib please explain to me why y’all still are behind vaccine mandates even though, and this has been said by health officials, the vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting or spreading covid but just lessens them symptoms. If it’s for “protection of others” yet it doesn’t work that way then WHY are y’all still sayin “mandate is fine, get the vax ur dumb if u don’t, ur killing ppl by not getting it, etc”? Y’all also support ppl being fired over it which is even more retarded 

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

People being required to have it for their job or to do any social activities

OK, I’ll take that bet.  While not perfect it will be a good test on whether or not this pandemic is more about health or control.  :cheers: 

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

OK, I’ll take that bet.  While not perfect it will be a good test on whether or not this pandemic is more about health or control.  :cheers: 

It’s really about control. If it was about health, they’d require individuals with aids/hiv to let their employer know they have it. But it’s not. And they can infect others with it. Bird flu, swine flu, etc that was killing ppl and hella infectious didnt have any of this. And those vaccines ACTUALLY worked

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Lying loser bot. :lol: Making excuses for a federal government agency. How powerful you must feel. 

Are you sure it was the federal agency and not just the random guy on twitter that made the chart?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

So can a board lib please explain to me why y’all still are behind vaccine mandates even though, and this has been said by health officials, the vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting or spreading covid but just lessens them symptoms. If it’s for “protection of others” yet it doesn’t work that way then WHY are y’all still sayin “mandate is fine, get the vax ur dumb if u don’t, ur killing ppl by not getting it, etc”? Y’all also support ppl being fired over it which is even more retarded 

Just because something isn’t 100% effective, doesn’t mean it’s 0% effective.

3 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

It’s really about control. If it was about health, they’d require individuals with aids/hiv to let their employer know they have it. But it’s not. And they can infect others with it. Bird flu, swine flu, etc that was killing ppl and hella infectious didnt have any of this. And those vaccines ACTUALLY worked

Are you really comparing covid to the swine flu and claim to work in the medical field?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Things like this is why anytime someone tries quoting covid death numbers I ALWAYS remind them that health officials themselves have flat out said ON CAMERA that if a person dies, as long as they test positive for covid then no matter what they died from they’re counted as covid deaths 

13 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Davonte Adams out for thr Packers going into their biggest game of the year vs thr undefeated Cards on Thursday.  

JOKE

I can still remember thr good ol days when Cole Beasley was going to ruin thr Bills season and got shlt on from all angles because he didnt get a shot.  Seems covid free.  Meanwhile his vaccinated counterparts are dropping like flies.  

Makes little sense.  

Force the players to get vaccinated basically.  Get covid anyway.  Then ban them from games.  

Twilight Zone

At least Adams has real antibodies now.  He should go blow hot air into Rodgers' face.  Eveeyone on the team should get covid now to prevent this in thr playoffs.  Just get the goods now and get it over with. 

12 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Things like this is why anytime someone tries quoting covid death numbers I ALWAYS remind them that health officials themselves have flat out said ON CAMERA that if a person dies, as long as they test positive for covid then no matter what they died from they’re counted as covid deaths 

CDC tracks “with covid” deaths and “deaths where covid was the underlying cause.”   Covid was the underlying cause in 90%+ of “with covid” deaths.

So you’re right.  There have “only” been about 680k covid deaths in the US.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

CDC tracks “with covid” deaths and “deaths where covid was the underlying cause.”   Covid was the underlying cause in 90%+ of “with covid” deaths.

So you’re right.  There have “only” been about 680k covid deaths in the US.

There is that pesky middle ground though, where people are on death’s door and Covid opened it.  Any idea how many of those there are?  I know it is a subjective measure but I’d be interested in your subjective opinion.  :cheers: 

ETA:  I presume those people are counted as “underlying cause.”

On 10/25/2021 at 9:23 AM, TimHauck said:

Even in other countries where the vaccinated make up a higher % of covid deaths, vaccine efficacy is still 80%+ because they have a higher % of people vaccinated.  And because they have a higher % of people vaccinated, they have less deaths in total.   In the US even a lot of old and fat people aren't vaccinated.

Oh bullshit.  You're showing me a graph with a max of 6 on the y axis and a statement as follows:  "Limited testing and challenges in the attribution of the cause of death means that the number of confirmed deaths may not be an accurate count of the true number of deaths from COVID-19."  That won't stop some liberal dooshbag from posting those as absolute truth.  While acknowledging a Delta wave that was supposed to drop at the end of September, which you have acknowledged elsewhere in this thread, you now fail to point that out in this post.  While acknowledging limited duration of vaccine efficacy elsewhere in this thread, you deny it when it suits you.  You're still a bullshit peddler, Tim.  Go back to footballgheys.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

There is that pesky middle ground though, where people are on death’s door and Covid opened it.  Any idea how many of those there are?  I know it is a subjective measure but I’d be interested in your subjective opinion.  :cheers: 

ETA:  I presume those people are counted as “underlying cause.”

I'm sure there were, but I also think looking at the leading causes of death for 2020 (https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778234), some actual covid deaths were likely marked as things like heart disease or diabetes (and yes, I know some of them may not have died of covid if they didn't have heart disease or diabetes, but to your question, they also would still be alive if not for covid).   And there weren't really any causes that declined (well, except suicides) so IMO that debunks the claim that many of the covid deaths would have just died of something else.

So at the end of the day I'd say the deaths where covid was the underlying cause should be pretty close to the actual number of true covid deaths.

2 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

Oh bullshit.  You're showing me a graph with a max of 6 on the y axis and a statement as follows:  "Limited testing and challenges in the attribution of the cause of death means that the number of confirmed deaths may not be an accurate count of the true number of deaths from COVID-19."  That won't stop some liberal dooshbag from posting those as absolute truth.  While acknowledging a Delta wave that was supposed to drop at the end of September, which you have acknowledged elsewhere in this thread, you now fail to point that out in this post.  While acknowledging limited duration of vaccine efficacy elsewhere in this thread, you deny it when it suits you.  You're still a bullshit peddler, Tim.  Go back to footballgheys.

LOL, that heading is there because of countries that don't test and thus likely had more covid deaths than the data shows.     The countries that are selected are countries that all test adequately or more.

The "6" is DAILY deaths per million people.  This chart starts on July 1, and we've had over 100k covid deaths since then.    So about ~110 days, call it an average of 3 daily deaths per million (I think it's more than that) x 110 = 330; 330 x 330 (for each million people in the US) = 109k 

You're right, this chart does show what is currenty an overall decline of deaths during the US's delta wave.  Once again, congratulations for predicting that something that went up eventually came down?   The point of the chart is that the US's death rate during it's delta wave was higher than European countries that could be considered peers.  And they all have higher vaccination rates.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

LOL, that heading is there because of countries that don't test and thus likely had more covid deaths than the data shows.     The countries that are selected are countries that all test adequately or more.

The "6" is DAILY deaths per million people.  This chart starts on July 1, and we've had over 100k covid deaths since then.    So about ~110 days, call it an average of 3 daily deaths per million (I think it's more than that) x 110 = 330; 330 x 330 (for each million people in the US) = 109k 

You're right, this chart does show what is currenty an overall decline of deaths during the US's delta wave.  Once again, congratulations for predicting that something that went up eventually came down?   The point of the chart is that the US's death rate during it's delta wave was higher than European countries that could be considered peers.  And they all have higher vaccination rates.

Tim,

Your selective ignorance is mind-numbing.  The heading is there because the numbers cannot verified.  The heading is not there because those countries test adequately.  What the chart likely shows is (intentional) inflation of US COVID deaths.

It's not that I predicted that the Delta wave would eventually come down - it is the timing of the Delta Wave coming down at the end of September that is the key.

21 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

JOKE

Now Lazard is out with Covid.  They probably played with it on Sunday.  Vaxed.

But unvaxed Cole Beasley got fined for walking through the building without a mask.  

Covid protocols make tons of sense.  

Just kidding.  They dont.  

25 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Tim,

Your selective ignorance is mind-numbing.  The heading is there because the numbers cannot verified.  The heading is not there because those countries test adequately.  What the chart likely shows is (intentional) inflation of US COVID deaths.

It's not that I predicted that the Delta wave would eventually come down - it is the timing of the Delta Wave coming down at the end of September that is the key.

LOL, and you're talking to me about selective ignorance.   You really think the US counts covid deaths that much differently than the UK?   

Have you been to ourworldindata.org?   That heading is ALWAYS there, because there are like 100+ countries to pick from, including third world ones that probably have like zero covid testing.   Which is not the case for the countries selected, who most likely count covid deaths similarly.

42 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I'm sure there were, but I also think looking at the leading causes of death for 2020 (https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778234), some actual covid deaths were likely marked as things like heart disease or diabetes (and yes, I know some of them may not have died of covid if they didn't have heart disease or diabetes, but to your question, they also would still be alive if not for covid).   And there weren't really any causes that declined (well, except suicides) so IMO that debunks the claim that many of the covid deaths would have just died of something else.

So at the end of the day I'd say the deaths where covid was the underlying cause should be pretty close to the actual number of true covid deaths.

You like to selectively say things like "add some here, take away some there, probably all washes."  I'm not so convinced.  With the backdrop that our population was largely in lockdown to some degree of isolation, I look at the data and think:

- Diabetes and heart disease:  I'm surprised those aren't even higher.  It seems reasonable to presume we got much more obese and unfit during lockdowns.

- Chronic lower respiratory disease is down significantly.  Really?  Cmon, it is again reasonable to presume these were misdiagnosed as "presumed Covid" as per your data's footnote.

- I find it beyond absurd to think suicides went down significantly.  Like, somebody is fudging the data level tin foil hat.  There is no way suicides went down with the isolation we experienced.

I could easily find 100K deaths in those last two bullets above.

But, that wasn't really the question.  Anyway, carry on.  :cheers:

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

LOL, and you're talking to me about selective ignorance.   You really think the US counts covid deaths that much differently than the UK?   

Have you been to ourworldindata.org?   That heading is ALWAYS there, because there are like 100+ countries to pick from, including third world ones that probably have like zero covid testing.   Which is not the case for the countries selected, who most likely count covid deaths similarly.

Again Tim, I've asked you numerous times why COVID seems to behave differently in different geographic areas.  You've never answered this question, though you're quite willing to hazard a guess or inject unknown or unproven causative factors in other contexts (all of which favor vaccines).  The answer is, all things being equal, one of those is lying.

Thank God the NFL is 93% vaxed.  Thr spread of covid will stop!

All I see if vaxed players and cosches left and right popping positive.  

JOKE

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

JOKE

As predicted. I also say it's 50-50 that one of the jabbed drops dead, this season, on the field from a heart attack.

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

JOKE

Bears coach Nagy got the dreaded chinese flu. Hopefully he misses the whole week. Actually hopefully he has to rethink all his decisions in life and decides to retire. At least from the Bears. 

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You like to selectively say things like "add some here, take away some there, probably all washes."  I'm not so convinced.  With the backdrop that our population was largely in lockdown to some degree of isolation, I look at the data and think:

- Diabetes and heart disease:  I'm surprised those aren't even higher.  It seems reasonable to presume we got much more obese and unfit during lockdowns.

- Chronic lower respiratory disease is down significantly.  Really?  Cmon, it is again reasonable to presume these were misdiagnosed as "presumed Covid" as per your data's footnote.

- I find it beyond absurd to think suicides went down significantly.  Like, somebody is fudging the data level tin foil hat.  There is no way suicides went down with the isolation we experienced.

I could easily find 100K deaths in those last two bullets above.

But, that wasn't really the question.  Anyway, carry on.  :cheers:

It kinda was the question... You asked if I thought there were people that died of covid that would have died of something else soon after.  I said yes, but I also think some covid deaths were marked as other causes, so yes, I do think it was probably a wash.

People don't die of heart disease and diabetes immediately...  Will we see more diabetes and heart disease deaths over the next 20ish years?  Maybe, but that wasn't really the question.   But that also goes back to a point I've continually made that if people got "much more obese," it was probably more to do with the fact that there was a global pandemic going on than any government policies.

The change in chronic lower respiratory disease was 5k and in suicides was less than 3k.  Not really "significant"...where in the world are you getting 100k from unless you think suicides tripled?   Keep in mind the suicide number does not include drug overdoses which are included in "unintentional injuries" and did increase by almost 20k.

14 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Again Tim, I've asked you numerous times why COVID seems to behave differently in different geographic areas.  You've never answered this question, though you're quite willing to hazard a guess or inject unknown or unproven causative factors in other contexts (all of which favor vaccines).  The answer is, all things being equal, one of those is lying.

Why does covid behave differently in different geographic areas?    I don't really remember you asking that "numerous times," but I would guess differences in population density, diets and conservativism are probably some of the biggest factors.   I think seasonality played a role in the timing of when covid hit hardest, but in general didn't change that it still hit eventually.

So how it reads is Adams who is vaccinated tests positive for covid.  Out.

Lazard not vaccinated did not test positive but is  close contact.  Out.

So the vaccinated player caught covid and forced the unvaccinated covidless player out of a game?

What bizzaro world are we living in?

Make sense of it.  You can't. 

Terry Pegula (Bills owner) out of owners meeting fot close contact at daughters wedding.

Close contact-19 is running rampant 

46 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So how it reads is Adams who is vaccinated tests positive for covid.  Out.

Lazard not vaccinated did not test positive but is  close contact.  Out.

So the vaccinated player caught covid and forced the unvaccinated covidless player out of a game?

What bizzaro world are we living in?

Make sense of it.  You can't. 

I think I gotta bench Rodgers this week. Thanks vaccine

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I think I gotta bench Rodgers this week. Thanks vaccine

Aaron Rodgers in last 6 games without Davante Adams: • 142/202 • 1,865 yards • 17 TDs, 1 INT • 125.2 passer rating        • 6-0

But yea they are absurdly thin.  As if the ridiculous amount of injures to all pros werent enough.  Now they have covid BS

If Packers were to find a way to win this game then Rodgers is thr MVP again.  Just hand it to him that night.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Aaron Rodgers in last 6 games without Davante Adams: • 142/202 • 1,865 yards • 17 TDs, 1 INT • 125.2 passer rating        • 6-0

But yea they are absurdly thin.  As if the ridiculous amount of injures to all pros werent enough.  Now they have covid BS

I was a little concerned about playing against the Cards on a short week…now I’m legitimately concerned.

Washington Post hits McAuliffe with four Pinocchios for 'wildly' inflating Virginia's coronavirus numbers

Virginia gubernatorial candidate has repeatedly given wrong information about number of children hospitalized with coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-terry-mcauliffe-four-pinocchios-inflating-virginia-coronavirus-numbers

Somehow Tim Hack has made Digby the smart one in this thread.  Nice work Tim. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like I said before, this guy is obsessed with me. Don’t know why he’s trying to talk Sh1t when he’s lost the respect of the entire GC so now all he can do is cry :cry: 

8 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Like I said before, this guy is obsessed with me. Don’t know why he’s trying to talk Sh1t when he’s lost the respect of the entire GC so now all he can do is cry :cry: 

I said you were the smart one, tall midget. 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re talking about the guy comparing covid to the swine flu?