Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Biden called him xenophobic for restricting travel from China.  :dunno: 

No he didn't.  He called him xenophobic for calling it the Chinavirus.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

They called him racist for calling it the Chinavirus.    Which of course was after he insisted that China was doing a great job and had it under control.

Genuinely curious to see where he was called racist "for taking covid seriously."   He didn't take it seriously for months.

How didn’t he not take it seriously? He shut down people coming here in what, January, early February? So it’s not that. What was it? 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How didn’t he not take it seriously? He shut down people coming here in what, January, early February? So it’s not that. What was it? 

No. Back then he was a xenophobe. Just ask creepy joe and nasty pelosi.

They said they needed ventilators. Trump delivered. They said their hospitals were crowded. Trump sent them hospitals. They needed a vaccine. He paved the way for it. So when does he not take it serious? 

13 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

No. Back then he was a xenophobe. Just ask creepy joe and nasty pelosi.

Yep.  Trump was shutting down travel from highly infected foreign nations.  Pelosi was touring Chinatown in SF without a mask and encouraging people to come on out. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yep.  Trump was shutting down travel from highly infected foreign nations.  Pelosi was touring Chinatown in SF without a mask and encouraging people to come on out. 

Yeah but Trump said Chinavirus 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah but Trump said Chinavirus 

Yep, like every other pandemic of the last 500 years (noting it's location of origin).  But THIS TIME it's xenophobic.  :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

No he didn't.  He called him xenophobic for calling it the Chinavirus.

No he didn’t.

The day after Trump announced the travel ban, Biden tweeted on Feb 1, “We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering."

https://www.allsides.com/story/fact-checkers-disagree-whether-biden-called-trumps-china-travel-ban-xenophobic

You can drink the koolaid served to you by the MSM and lefty fact checkers, I’ll stick with the reality staring me in the face. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

12 hours ago, jerryskids said:

No he didn’t.

https://www.allsides.com/story/fact-checkers-disagree-whether-biden-called-trumps-china-travel-ban-xenophobic

You can drink the koolaid served to you by the MSM and lefty fact checkers, I’ll stick with the reality staring me in the face. :thumbsup: 

From your link, the fact check site that was "center"

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/trumps-misleading-comments-on-biden-and-the-coronavirus/

Biden called Trump “xenophobic.” Trump is right that Biden called him xenophobic. But Biden didn’t make clear why he said that. The Biden campaign has said that was not in connection with the China travel restrictions.

As we have written, on the day the White House announced the restrictions, Biden said at a campaign event in Iowa that as the pandemic unfolds, Americans “need to have a president who they can trust what he says about it, that he is going to act rationally about it.” He added, “This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.”

The Biden campaign says Biden’s “reference to xenophobia was about Trump’s long record of scapegoating others at a time when the virus was emerging from China,” and that he was not talking about the travel rules.

So he literally made the same quote as what he tweeted a day earlier, when he probably hadn't even heard about the travel restrictions yet.

Also worth noting that that link also calls out that it wasn't even really a travel ban.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/trumps-misleading-comments-on-biden-and-the-coronavirus/

Biden called Trump “xenophobic.” Trump is right that Biden called him xenophobic. But Biden didn’t make clear why he said that. The Biden campaign has said that was not in connection with the China travel restrictions.

As we have written, on the day the White House announced the restrictions, Biden said at a campaign event in Iowa that as the pandemic unfolds, Americans “need to have a president who they can trust what he says about it, that he is going to act rationally about it.” He added, “This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.”

The Biden campaign says Biden’s “reference to xenophobia was about Trump’s long record of scapegoating others at a time when the virus was emerging from China,” and that he was not talking about the travel rules.

So he literally made the same quote as what he tweeted a day earlier, when he probably hadn't even heard about the travel restrictions yet.

Also worth noting that that link also calls out that it wasn't even really a travel ban.

Well, there you go Tim.  I don’t know how I could have been so wrong. I mean, gosh, he said it wasn’t so!  It was his “long record of scapegoating others” as evidenced by his decades-long political record. :lol: 

Please tell me I don’t need to explain the hilarity of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Biden said it, it must be true! You can ask Cornpop and his law professors. And the UN. 

Remember that time Biden said his wife and daughter were killed by a drunk driver? They weren’t. But Biden said it anyhow. Fock that innocent guy. Brandon had a story to tell. 

So can anyone else share what else Trump did to take covid seriously besides a half-assed "travel ban"

Here is him saying we had it "totally under control" on 1/22 - https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/22/trump-on-coronavirus-from-china-we-have-it-totally-under-control.html

I know CNN, but this is a funny article of all the times he said covid would disappear - https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/10/politics/covid-disappearing-trump-comment-tracker/index.html

You don't have anything better to do with your day?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So can anyone else share what else Trump did to take covid seriously besides a half-assed "travel ban"

Here is him saying we had it "totally under control" on 1/22 - https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/22/trump-on-coronavirus-from-china-we-have-it-totally-under-control.html

I know CNN, but this is a funny article of all the times he said covid would disappear - https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/10/politics/covid-disappearing-trump-comment-tracker/index.html

As someone who voted for Trump and has dedicated his life to the Chinavirus, I'd think you'd have a better handle on this.

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Operation Warp Speed

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah but what did he do? Thoughts? 

17 hours ago, Strike said:

NYC was telling people to continue to go about their lives as late as mid-March.  Still started the Big East Tournament, on what, March 10th?  A full month plus, after Trump shut down travel from outside the countries.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

NYC was telling people to continue to go about their lives as late as mid-March.  Still started the Big East Tournament, on what, March 10th?  A full month plus, after Trump shut down travel from outside the countries.

Feb. 2, 2020

Oxiris Barbot, New York City Health Commissioner: The risk to New Yorkers for coronavirus is low and our preparedness as a city is very high. There is no reason not to take the subway, not to take the bus, not to go out to your favorite restaurant, and certainly not to miss the parade next Sunday. I'm going to be there.

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Feb. 2, 2020

Oxiris Barbot, New York City Health Commissioner: The risk to New Yorkers for coronavirus is low and our preparedness as a city is very high. There is no reason not to take the subway, not to take the bus, not to go out to your favorite restaurant, and certainly not to miss the parade next Sunday. I'm going to be there.

NONE of these were cancelled/postponed...

https://icareifyoulisten.com/2020/03/this-week-concerts-in-new-york-march-9-2020-march-15-2020/

If Trump didn't take COVID seriously, how bad was NYC?  Holy cow!

31 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I know right?  All Trump did was put in a travel ban, provide medical equipment to those who needed it, provided HOSPITALS to those who needed it (really, only NYC who was the last to stop things... still held concerts in mid-March), put in place a plan to roll out a vaccine as quickly as possible, all the while trying to keep people from panicking and going nuts.  Yet, he didn't take it seriously.  The Liberals were all about defying Trump in January, February, and March... then when they found out he was right, they tried to turn the tables on him and well full board fearmongering.  Well, in all seriousness and from the bottom of my heart, stfu.

42 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Operation Warp Speed

...wasn't announced until May.  Of course he did things to take it more seriously once there was no denying it and he knew it was going to be an issue with him getting re-elected.

But we were talking about early on, and this was the comment I took issue with: "Liberals started out by calling trump a racist for saying we need to take covid seriously"

So far, the only legitimate answer is the so-called "travel ban" which had a ton of exemptions.   Some liberals in the media did call him racist for that, but Biden claims he didn't.   But even putting in the "travel ban" wasn't "saying we need to take covid seriously."   Any other links for that anyone?   

I'm also not denying that other people could have also taken it more seriously, although I see the GC is now in favor of lockdowns which is interesting...

51 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

As someone who voted for Trump and has dedicated his life to the Chinavirus, I'd think you'd have a better handle on this.

Tim actually said he would vote for him even more now if he had to vote again.

He is a complicated fellow.

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Tim actually said he would vote for him even more now if he had to vote again.

He is a complicated fellow.

Well as I even alluded to above, I'm not convinced Biden would have done any better especially early on.    But that doesn't mean Trump did great.

27 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

...wasn't announced until May.  Of course he did things to take it more seriously once there was no denying it and he knew it was going to be an issue with him getting re-elected.

But we were talking about early on, and this was the comment I took issue with: "Liberals started out by calling trump a racist for saying we need to take covid seriously"

So far, the only legitimate answer is the so-called "travel ban" which had a ton of exemptions.   Some liberals in the media did call him racist for that, but Biden claims he didn't.   But even putting in the "travel ban" wasn't "saying we need to take covid seriously."   Any other links for that anyone?   

I'm also not denying that other people could have also taken it more seriously, although I see the GC is now in favor of lockdowns which is interesting...

🤪

Who the fock is in favor of lockdowns here? I was when covid was 1st announced and the now obviously fake videos were filmed. Once I realized they were fake, I was no longer for them.

34 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Jeebus, just take the L.  

But in the interest of discussion, I presume that early on in any of these Flu-like things that come around (SARS, MERS for instance) the plan is to keep the public calm while they collect data and, generally, hope it goes away on its own.  Like the others did.  Unless you think it is a good idea early on for the POTUS to come out and try to recreate the parade scene from Animal House on a national scale.  The difference between Saint Obama and Trump on this front is that Obama lucked out.  Or more accurately, Trump drew a short straw that hadn’t come about in 100 years.

So Trump spoke with confidence.  He’s a master bloviator, you might have noticed.

China travel ban, Warp Speed, public/private partnerships, hospital ships to NY, daily briefings… seriously, what exactly is it that you wanted him to do?

Your credulity and that of the general populace made it easy for the MSM to make Trump the villain in all of this as the election loomed. :( 

On 3/13/2020 at 1:17 PM, Baker Boy said:

This is all so stupid! Isolate the old and the weak and let everyone else live their normal lives. Their chance of dying from this is very small. Most of the people that need protection are the least productive members of our society so life goes on as normal. We don’t have to stop the world. 

5 minutes ago, LOD01 said:

Who the fock is in favor of lockdowns here? I was when covid was 1st announced and the now obviously fake videos were filmed. Once I realized they were fake, I was no longer for them.

I was against it from the start, March 13, 2020.

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Jeebus, just take the L.  

But in the interest of discussion, I presume that early on in any of these Flu-like things that come around (SARS, MERS for instance) the plan is to keep the public calm while they collect data and, generally, hope it goes away on its own.  Like the others did.  Unless you think it is a good idea early on for the POTUS to come out and try to recreate the parade scene from Animal House on a national scale.  The difference between Saint Obama and Trump on this front is that Obama lucked out.  Or more accurately, Trump drew a short straw that hadn’t come about in 100 years.

So Trump spoke with confidence.  He’s a master bloviator, you might have noticed.

China travel ban, Warp Speed, public/private partnerships, hospital ships to NY, daily briefings… seriously, what exactly is it that you wanted him to do?

Your credulity and that of the general populace made it easy for the MSM to make Trump the villain in all of this as the election loomed. :( 

So early on, you agree he didn't "tell people to take it seriously" then (which is what JustinCharge claimed)?

If we're moving to the total response, I would say the one single thing that he could have done which would have helped us do significantly better was better access to testing.   It was months before we really had adequate testing, long after many other countries did.

20 hours ago, TimHauck said:

They called him racist for calling it the Chinavirus.    Which of course was after he insisted that China was doing a great job and had it under control.

Genuinely curious to see where he was called racist "for taking covid seriously."   He didn't take it seriously for months.

The above are what I answered to, you said he DIDN’T take it seriously for months, and asked what he DID to take it seriously.  I and numerous others have curb stomped that answer into you.  

The left is so caught up in Trump’s mean words that they are completely oblivious to his actions.

I have no idea what you are talking about with Justin, but congrats I guess, he didn’t get the public into a panic early on, you win.  :thumbsup: 

Healthy, not fat fully vaxxed coworker in his mid 30's just had a stroke.

COVID is weird. A friend of mine had covid and is really struggle with the side effects. Another friend was over it a few days. People drop from the vax while others seem to be fine.

I'm really starting to think there is something in a persons DNA or something else COVID is targeting. If you're going to make a bioweapon you'd want it to target certain peoples

9 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Healthy, not fat fully vaxxed coworker in his mid 30's just had a stroke.

Healthy people die sometimes? Gtfo

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

Healthy people die sometimes? Gtfo

No healthy people don't randomly die sometimes. Something has to happen to them.

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

COVID is weird. A friend of mine had covid and is really struggle with the side effects. Another friend was over it a few days. People drop from the vax while others seem to be fine.

I'm really starting to think there is something in a persons DNA or something else COVID is targeting. If you're going to make a bioweapon you'd want it to target certain peoples

yep.

The CDC is gonna kill a lot of children and permanently disable a ton more when this Wallensky idiot approves it. She will rue the day that happens.

More children will die from the clot shot than die from covid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

It is your immune system/blood type. The majority of people who have no reaction are O- and those with O+ have lighter cases. I don’t remember what blood type is most susceptible.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

It is your immune system/blood type. The majority of people who have no reaction are O- and those with O+ have lighter cases. I don’t remember what blood type is most susceptible.

Interesting theory. Can you put in a direction to start researching?