Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

If you are trying to clear up my confusion here, unfortunately it isn't working.  It would appear that 90%+ of people who present "Covid-19-like symptoms" don't have it and presumably have flu or something else, the tests suck, or some combo.

Let's peel that onion a little:  how would you break those numbers down Tim, how many in each category?

How many in which categories?

I was saying on the surface I agree that the numbers seemed surprising as far as the % of “covid like illnesses” that were actually covid was 5-9% (and I don’t think “the tests suck”).  But my point was that was within the range of the positivity %’s that we’ve seen over the course of the pandemic, so I guess it shouldn’t really be all that surprising.   Maybe getting off topic but flu, etc may hospitalize people at similar rates as covid, but it doesn’t kill them at the same rate.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So as he got more information he decided not to. That’s how science works. And I think he knows a little bit more about this stuff than you. 

Well if he thinks the vaccine does nothing to reduce transmission then I know more about it than him.

21 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

How many in which categories?

I was saying on the surface I agree that the numbers seemed surprising as far as the % of “covid like illnesses” that were actually covid was 5-9% (and I don’t think “the tests suck”).  But my point was that was within the range of the positivity %’s that we’ve seen over the course of the pandemic, so I guess it shouldn’t really be all that surprising.   Maybe getting off topic but flu, etc may hospitalize people at similar rates as covid, but it doesn’t kill them at the same rate.

Well if he thinks the vaccine does nothing to reduce transmission then I know more about it than him.

Of the people hospitalized with Covid like illness who had been vaxxed but not previously infected, 92% of them tested negative for Covid.  What percent of them do you think had the flu instead, and what percent were false negatives?

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Of the people hospitalized with Covid like illness who had been vaxxed but not previously infected, 92% of them tested negative for Covid.  What percent of them do you think had the flu instead, and what percent were false negatives?

Got ya.  Like I said I do think the tests are good, so I’d guess 90%+ were just flu/RSV/pneumonia/COPD or something.  And keep in mind this data was only 2021 so much of the time was after flu had no longer “disappeared”

47 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Got ya.  Like I said I do think the tests are good, so I’d guess 90%+ were just flu/RSV/pneumonia/COPD or something.  And keep in mind this data was only 2021 so much of the time was after flu had no longer “disappeared”

That’s a lot of incorrectly presumed Covid deaths.  :dunno: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So as he got more information he decided not to. That’s how science works. And I think he knows a little bit more about this stuff than you. 

Wait, so now Digby is a real doctor? :unsure:

7 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Wait, so now Digby is a real doctor? :unsure:

No, HT ate a mushroom. Again 

8 hours ago, jerryskids said:

That’s a lot of incorrectly presumed Covid deaths.  :dunno: 

Nope.  As we already discussed, in 2020, flu/pneumonia and chronic lower respiratory disease deaths were pretty consistent to prior years (+/- about 5k).  I have little doubt the same will be true for 2021...maybe even higher than normal after flu “reappeared”

11 hours ago, jerryskids said:

The CDCs own study blows the lid off of 20 lies. And libs are using it as if it's real. botcuck is mum on the lies.

140k go to hospital with symptoms. 

93k test positive.

7k had prior positive test. 

6k had the vax

1k were unvaxxed. 

And from this we are told that prior sickness among unvaxxed is less effective than the vax. :lol: Science!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The CDCs own study blows the lid off of 20 lies. And libs are using it as if it's real. botcuck is mum on the lies.

140k go to hospital with symptoms. 

93k test positive.

7k had prior positive test. 

6k had the vax

1k were unvaxxed. 

And from this we are told that prior sickness among unvaxxed is less effective than the vax. :lol: Science!

I don’t think they’re lying or making up data, but I already said it was disingenuous to make the claims they are based entirely off people that were all hospitalized.

The report is very weird and confusing.  Actually reading again I think 93k was only the number of people that were tested at all (which brings up the question of why were only 67% of people hospitalized with covid like illness even tested), not the ones that tested positive.   Doesn’t look like they even say the total number that tested positive.

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Nope.  As we already discussed, in 2020, flu/pneumonia and chronic lower respiratory disease deaths were pretty consistent to prior years (+/- about 5k).  I have little doubt the same will be true for 2021...maybe even higher than normal after flu “reappeared”

I misspoke with “deaths,” I meant “hospitalizations.”  90%+ of those hospitalizations were flu/pneumonia and chronic lower respiratory disease and others.  Now maybe they don’t die at the same rate as Covid, but that puts a little dent in the “Covid is filling our hospitals$#@“ claim; apparently Covid is only a blip in an otherwise epidemic of non-Covid respiratory ailments.  :dunno: 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I misspoke with “deaths,” I meant “hospitalizations.”  90%+ of those hospitalizations were flu/pneumonia and chronic lower respiratory disease and others.  Now maybe they don’t die at the same rate as Covid, but that puts a little dent in the “Covid is filling our hospitals$#@“ claim; apparently Covid is only a blip in an otherwise epidemic of non-Covid respiratory ailments.  :dunno: 

Kinda, although I think most people realized it wasn’t ALL covid patients filling hospitals.  As has been discussed in here, we know hospitals typically operate at or near capacity.  So if you have the same amount of patients as normal, and then add in a novel virus on top of that, you’re going to be overwhelmed.   Which probably also explains why many hopsitals were not actually overwhelmed early on, since they likely had less patients for other reasons due to social distancing/maybe masks reducing other illnesses as well as restrictions and behavioral changes (including some people who probably should have been in the hospital but chose not to go for fear of also getting covid).  But once we got to 2021 and social distancing and restrictions pretty much no longer existed, all those people that may not have been in the hospital in 2020, were there in 2021.

Would also be nice to know the % that were covid positive of the remaining people though.

26 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Kinda, although I think most people realized it wasn’t ALL covid patients filling hospitals.  As has been discussed in here, we know hospitals typically operate at or near capacity.  So if you have the same amount of patients as normal, and then add in a novel virus on top of that, you’re going to be overwhelmed.   Which probably also explains why many hopsitals were not actually overwhelmed early on, since they likely had less patients for other reasons due to social distancing/maybe masks reducing other illnesses as well as restrictions and behavioral changes (including some people who probably should have been in the hospital but chose not to go for fear of also getting covid).  But once we got to 2021 and social distancing and restrictions pretty much no longer existed, all those people that may not have been in the hospital in 2020, were there in 2021.

Would also be nice to know the % that were covid positive of the remaining people though.

You type a lot of words that don’t really address my point.  As per this data it appears that Covid is <10% of hospitalizations for respiratory illnesses alone.  Which I presume is a relatively low percentage of hospitalization causes.  So adding a minimal amount to a minimal amount does not jibe with crippling the system.

Anyway, there is something wrong with that data, or I’m just missing something.  I don’t think the 5% vs. 8% for the two cadres means anything, but maybe it does?  All I get from that data is that they suck at identifying Covid from the symptoms.  :dunno: 

ETA:  But to your point, we also learned last year that hospitals have a lot of leeway at ICU usage, which they like to keep mostly filled independent of severity of illnesses because it is more expensive and they are in the business of making money.

• Thanks 1

Trumpers spend a year saying Covid is the flu, it’s been over reported just to hurt Trump, the disease only hurts fatties, masks don’t work, the vaccine doesn’t work, vax mandates are literally Hitler etc.

Then they get offended and wonder why people call them anti vax. :( 

43 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You type a lot of words that don’t really address my point.  As per this data it appears that Covid is <10% of hospitalizations for respiratory illnesses alone.  Which I presume is a relatively low percentage of hospitalization causes.  So adding a minimal amount to a minimal amount does not jibe with crippling the system.

Anyway, there is something wrong with that data, or I’m just missing something.  I don’t think the 5% vs. 8% for the two cadres means anything, but maybe it does?  All I get from that data is that they suck at identifying Covid from the symptoms.  :dunno: 

ETA:  But to your point, we also learned last year that hospitals have a lot of leeway at ICU usage, which they like to keep mostly filled independent of severity of illnesses because it is more expensive and they are in the business of making money.

The 5-8% is just among either vaccinated or unvaccinated+previously infected.  We don’t know the covid positivity rate of the remaining people.   

And even if that’s about the same, overall we do know about how many people that were hospitalized and did test positive and it’s not an insignificant number, so I don’t see why it’s a surprise if that overwhelmed some hospitals.   What may be the bigger surprise is more just the sheer number of people that get hospitalized in general.  

Now NY says people can no longer have religious exemptions from the vaccine. So freedom of religion in the constitution is now being ignored. Y’all paying attention yet liberals? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t think they’re lying or making up data, but I already said it was disingenuous to make the claims they are based entirely off people that were all hospitalized.

The report is very weird and confusing.  Actually reading again I think 93k was only the number of people that were tested at all (which brings up the question of why were only 67% of people hospitalized with covid like illness even tested), not the ones that tested positive.   Doesn’t look like they even say the total number that tested positive.

Much weirdness going on. Obviously they mined data from other studies so it's not comprehensive. 140k hospitalized with covid symptoms during the study period  and only 7k fit the profile. Only 400+ of those tested positive.  400 out of 140k. And then it becomes 89 out of 140k. This "study", already being parroted, is Swiss cheese.

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Now NY says people can no longer have religious exemptions from the vaccine. So freedom of religion in the constitution is now being ignored. Y’all paying attention yet liberals? 

They hate that one anyway. Fascism is it's own god. 

17 minutes ago, LOD01 said:

Found this Dr. Good stuff.

This father is probably down with giving his 9 y/o hormone blockers as well. 

22 hours ago, MDC said:

Trumpers spend a year saying Covid is the flu, it’s been over reported just to hurt Trump, the disease only hurts fatties, masks don’t work, the vaccine doesn’t work, vax mandates are literally Hitler etc.

Then they get offended and wonder why people call them anti vax. :( 

Liberals started out by calling trump a racist for saying we need to take covid seriously.  That nuked the lefts’ credibility from space on day one. 

49 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Liberals started out by calling trump a racist for saying we need to take covid seriously.  That nuked the lefts’ credibility from space on day one. 

link?

55 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

:thumbsup:

My County, 99% vaxxed, and keeps the mask mandate, because they can't get the numbers down.  :lol:  Dumb, scared libs. 

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I see Biden fell asleep again.  This time during the COP26 opening speeches.

Link?  Not doubting you, just want to get a good chuckle this AM

40 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

link?

Are you kidding? 

3 hours ago, LOD01 said:

Found this Dr. Good stuff.

You can always tell in the eyes. This man has a mental illness I'd bet my crypto on it.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

You can always tell in the eyes. This man has a mental illness I'd bet my crypto on it.

Government is a religion to many on the far left. The idea that the government may be incorrect causes cognitive dissonance.  This guy would smile in front of a government firing squad. :( 

37 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Government is a religion to many on the far left. The idea that the government may be incorrect causes cognitive dissonance.  This guy would smile in front of a government firing squad. :( 

Govern me harder daddy.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Are you kidding? 

They called him racist for calling it the Chinavirus.    Which of course was after he insisted that China was doing a great job and had it under control.

Genuinely curious to see where he was called racist "for taking covid seriously."   He didn't take it seriously for months.

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

They called him racist for calling it the Chinavirus.    Which of course was after he insisted that China was doing a great job and had it under control.

Genuinely curious to see where he was called racist "for taking covid seriously."   He didn't take it seriously for months.

Biden called him xenophobic for restricting travel from China.  :dunno: 

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

He took it seriously long before anyone else did.  Saying otherwise is being purposefully disingenuous.

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

He took it seriously long before anyone else did.  Saying otherwise is being purposefully disingenuous.

Stop it. He spent pretty much all of 2020 comparing Covid to the flu and calling it a hoax, retweeting moonbat conspiracy theories and holding mask optional rallies.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Stop it. He spent pretty much all of 2020 comparing Covid to the flu and calling it a hoax, retweeting moonbat conspiracy theories and holding mask optional rallies.

Trolling again?  Good one!!!!  🤣