Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

FYI

I will never Peenie this thread. 

-15,680- BOOYAH!!!!

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Wouldn't it be great if Cdub deletored this thread?

Isn't it about time to say goodbye to this crap and go outside and act normal in life again? No, not liberal normal.

I'd :lol:

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

There is already a shortage of workers, now let’s fire a bunch.  

Build back better? :dunno:

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Look it up for yourself.  You're the self proclaimed Covid information expert on these forums.  I'm surprised you're not already aware of it. 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

A buddy’s company just announced a 30-day suspension w/out pay for anyone not fully vaccinated by late December followed by termination in early January.

Sounds like BS. You get suspended for 30 days in late December and fired in early January. You know how calendars work, right? Plus you don’t have friends. 

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Look it up for yourself.  You're the self proclaimed Covid information expert on these forums.  I'm surprised you're not already aware of it. 

I don’t know exactly what Biden has said about the justification.    I have said IMO the mandates were more about protecting the unvaccinated from themselves.

Nonetheless, even if they were about protecting the vaccinated from the unvaccinated, if you are less likely to catch something in the first place, you are less likely to spread it, so even that justification would still make sense.

18 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t know exactly what Biden has said about the justification.    I have said IMO the mandates were more about protecting the unvaccinated from themselves.

Nonetheless, even if they were about protecting the vaccinated from the unvaccinated, if you are less likely to catch something in the first place, you are less likely to spread it, so even that justification would still make sense.

No, you're wrong.  Remember, this discussion that we're having right now is in regards to mandates.  And If you're going to mandate something it can't just be because it might make a slight difference.  And vaccinated people are pretty well protected from either other vaccinated people or unvaccinated people.  Using your logic we should just keep lockdowns in place permanently because if you never come in contact with another human being you're more protected than if you do.  It's stances like this that you refuse to back down on that make people call you Tim Hack.

Company is a government contractor. I can get the fact dates but I believe it’s full vaccination by 12/8 or a 30-day suspension without pay followed by termination on Jan. 8.

I say good for them. :thumbsup: 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Company is a government contractor. I can get the fact dates but I believe it’s full vaccination by 12/8 or a 30-day suspension without pay followed by termination on Jan. 8.

of course you do like a good little leftist sheep

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yeah, confusing late December with the eighth of December is understandable. If you’re making things up.  It doesn’t otherwise.  

December 8 deadline.

Buddy’s company will suspend employees who aren’t fully vaccinated by then for 30 days without pay, termination in January.

Unless they welch on it. 😂 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

December 8 deadline.

Buddy’s company will suspend employees who aren’t fully vaccinated by then for 30 days without pay, termination in January.

Unless they welch on it. 😂 

Then why did you say late December? Late December doesn’t factor in at all. Sad. Does your “buddy” live in Dallas? Lol. 

Point of fact.

I really hate how they are defining a person as an Anti-Vaxxer in the news media.

I am vaccinated, think vaccines (in general) are one of the greatest inventions ever yet don't think mandates for a vaccine less than a year old is a a good idea for multiple reasons.  I would be labeled an "Anti-Vaxxer" today.  Zero nuance is allowed. 

Dumb.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Point of fact.

I really hate how they are defining a person as an Anti-Vaxxer in the news media.

I am vaccinated, think vaccines (in general) are one of the greatest inventions ever yet don't think mandates for a vaccine less than a year old is a a good idea for multiple reasons.  I would be labeled an "Anti-Vaxxer" today.  Zero nuance is allowed. 

Dumb.  

Everything is black or white. Zero gray

4 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

They only needed to kill 20,000 people in 4 months to do it!

4 hours ago, Strike said:

No, you're wrong.  Remember, this discussion that we're having right now is in regards to mandates.  And If you're going to mandate something it can't just be because it might make a slight difference.  And vaccinated people are pretty well protected from either other vaccinated people or unvaccinated people.  Using your logic we should just keep lockdowns in place permanently because if you never come in contact with another human being you're more protected than if you do.  It's stances like this that you refuse to back down on that make people call you Tim Hack.

Wait so you’re admitting that vaccinated people are “pretty well protected,” but at the same time saying “it might make a slight difference”?  Huh?  

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Point of fact.

Dumb.  

No, you wouldn’t.  People that are refusing the vaccine, particularly those that do not have confirmed prior infections, are the “anti-vaxxers.”

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Point of fact.

Dumb.  

Same here. If someone would refuse to get a vaccine that has been around for 50 years I would call them out. I was pissed  at Rand Paul a few years ago, when he was against tried and true vaccines. But he’s right on this one. 

24 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Wait so you’re admitting that vaccinated people are “pretty well protected,” but at the same time saying “it might make a slight difference”?  Huh? 

You seem to be getting off point again.  I get it.  Moving goalposts and deflecting are your only defenses. 

The joke called the CDC is now lying saying the jab juice will protect you better than natural immunity. Pathetic that our own country will lie and we have to use data from other countries to get the truth. This is the Biden puppet Masters America. 

My county undid the mask mandate and tjrn 24 hours later put it back in citing a rise in cases.  :lol: The real reason is scared libs, plain and simple. We had no idea these people were so frightened of everything.  Explains the Trump fear.

7 hours ago, Strike said:

You seem to be getting off point again.  I get it.  Moving goalposts and deflecting are your only defenses. 

How is it off point?  If the vaccinated are pretty well protected, then it’s making more than a slight difference, correct?  Answer the question and stop deflecting.

11 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Everything is black or white. Zero gray

And the irony is that this position is promulgated by the moral relativism crowd.

12 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Point of fact.

Dumb.  

I agree, but I stopped giving a fock. Call me what you want. I’ll sleep just fine.

Who cares about those unhealthy fatties. They should have cared more about their own bodies and listened to drs in the know instead of listening to the CDC.

The bottom line is FL is a tremendous success, open & free. All the anti DeSantis losers have is, ' yeah but...'

3 minutes ago, LOD01 said:

Who cares about those unhealthy fatties. They should have cared more about their own bodies and listened to drs in the know instead of listening to the CDC.

The bottom line is FL is a tremendous success, open & free. All the anti DeSantis losers have is, ' yeah but...'

Lol.  “Yeah, but a ton of people died along the way.”   Minor detail.

And pretty much every state has been open and free for 6+ months, except for maybe some places requiring masks.  The horror.

9 hours ago, LOD01 said:

The joke called the CDC is now lying saying the jab juice will protect you better than natural immunity. Pathetic that our own country will lie and we have to use data from other countries to get the truth. This is the Biden puppet Masters America. 

Get this. From the report. :lol:  Before bot cuck  comes in to lie about it. Of the 7000 hospitalized people who met the criteria. 1000 were unvaxxed, 6000 were vaxxed. And they are literally basing the whole paper on 89 people, out of millions.  It's garbage. The whole thing. 

During January 1–September 2, 2021, a total of 201,269 hospitalizations for COVID-19–like illness were identified; 139,655 (69.4%) patients were hospitalized after COVID-19 vaccines were generally available to persons in their age group within their geographic region. Molecular testing for SARS-CoV-2 was performed for 94,264 (67.5%) patients with COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations. Among these patients, 7,348 (7.8%) had at least one other SARS-CoV-2 test result ≥14 days before hospitalization and met criteria for either of the two exposure categories: 1,020 hospitalizations were among previously infected and unvaccinated persons, and 6,328 were among fully vaccinated and previously uninfected patients (Table 1).

Laboratory-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection was identified among 324 (5.1%) of 6,328 fully vaccinated persons and among 89 of 1,020 (8.7%) unvaccinated, previously infected persons. A higher proportion of previously infected than vaccinated patients were aged 18–49 years (31% versus 9%), Black (10% versus 7%), and Hispanic (19% versus 12%).

22 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Get this. From the report. :lol:  Before bot cuck  comes in to lie about it. Of the 7000 hospitalized people who met the criteria. 1000 were unvaxxed, 6000 were vaxxed. And they are literally basing the whole paper on 89 people, out of millions.  It's garbage. The whole thing. 

During January 1–September 2, 2021, a total of 201,269 hospitalizations for COVID-19–like illness were identified; 139,655 (69.4%) patients were hospitalized after COVID-19 vaccines were generally available to persons in their age group within their geographic region. Molecular testing for SARS-CoV-2 was performed for 94,264 (67.5%) patients with COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations. Among these patients, 7,348 (7.8%) had at least one other SARS-CoV-2 test result ≥14 days before hospitalization and met criteria for either of the two exposure categories: 1,020 hospitalizations were among previously infected and unvaccinated persons, and 6,328 were among fully vaccinated and previously uninfected patients (Table 1).

Laboratory-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection was identified among 324 (5.1%) of 6,328 fully vaccinated persons and among 89 of 1,020 (8.7%) unvaccinated, previously infected persons. A higher proportion of previously infected than vaccinated patients were aged 18–49 years (31% versus 9%), Black (10% versus 7%), and Hispanic (19% versus 12%).

I’ve always said I believe natural immunity is as good maybe better than the vaccine, so overall yes I am a bit skeptical of these results in terms of vaccinated vs unvaccinated/previously infected.

But if there’s one thing that’s not up for debate based on this data, it’s that immunity from either prior infection or the vaccine is far far superior to none.   So yes, natural immunity works.  If you already have it.

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I’ve always said I believe natural immunity is as good maybe better than the vaccine, so overall yes I am a bit skeptical of these results in terms of vaccinated vs unvaccinated/previously infected.

You fock, this was presented by your beloved CDC, and will be parroted by the media for weeks.  This is official lies, right in your face.  

• Thanks 1

Just read where vaccinated people had over a 50% increase in their “breakthrough infections” of covid. As I said before, vaccine didn’t have long enough to be tested and see if it actually works in stopping the spread. Information keeps coming out that it in fact does NOT stop it. Just lessens the symptoms you get which can help protect you from dying. Which further reinforces the argument that there should NOT be a mandate to force people to get it

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

You fock, this was presented by your beloved CDC, and will be parroted by the media for weeks.  This is official lies, right in your face.  

There haven’t been a ton of studies on vaccinated vs prior infection, so the results don’t seem impossible particularly if there was a limited sample of the endpoints they were studying.  I agree, it is disingenuous for the CDC to say “see, the vaccine is better than prior infection!”  I haven’t agreed with plenty of things the CDC has done.

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Just read where vaccinated people had over a 50% increase in their “breakthrough infections” of covid. As I said before, vaccine didn’t have long enough to be tested and see if it actually works in stopping the spread. Information keeps coming out that it in fact does NOT stop it. Just lessens the symptoms you get which can help protect you from dying. Which further reinforces the argument that there should NOT be a mandate to force people to get it

50% increase vs what?

The vaccine doesn’t “stop” infection, but it does reduce it.

5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

I’m missing something; what is the CDC trying to say with this?  They tested 7348 people who were vaxxed/uninfected or unvaxxed/infected and had Covid like symptoms, and some percent of each group actually had Covid.  Most of them didn’t, even though they had the symptoms.  All I’m learning from this is that their identification of “hospitalizations with Covid-19-like illness” is somewhere between 5-8% effective.  What am I missing?  :dunno: 

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I’m missing something; what is the CDC trying to say with this?  They tested 7348 people who were vaxxed/uninfected or unvaxxed/infected and had Covid like symptoms, and some percent of each group actually had Covid.  Most of them didn’t, even though they had the symptoms.  All I’m learning from this is that their identification of “hospitalizations with Covid-19-like illness” is somewhere between 5-8% effective.  What am I missing?  :dunno: 

Yeah I was thrown off by that initially as well.   But technically that 5-9% is in line with some of the covid test positivity rates that we’ve seen over the course of the pandemic, so isn’t really surprising IMO.

So technically this isn’t saying vaccinated people are less likely to test positive overall, it’s just that they’re less likely to test positive for covid if they’ve already been hospitalized for “covid like illness.”  I’ve read Berenson’s article on this, and I’m surprised he didn’t try to claim something like the vaccine caused vaccinated people to be more susceptible to non-covid respiratory illnesses or something.

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Have to give Digby props for seeing through this amd rejecting the jab. Good for you.  

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Have to give Digby props for seeing through this amd rejecting the jab. Good for you.  

Which would make him a liar since he said he’d get it once it was FDA approved

7 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Lol.  “Yeah, but a ton of people died along the way.”   Minor detail.

And pretty much every state has been open and free for 6+ months, except for maybe some places requiring masks.  The horror.

Totally minor. Who cares.

18 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You tried your best, but not everyone is going to get it. It’s not your fault.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah I was thrown off by that initially as well.   But technically that 5-9% is in line with some of the covid test positivity rates that we’ve seen over the course of the pandemic, so isn’t really surprising IMO.

So technically this isn’t saying vaccinated people are less likely to test positive overall, it’s just that they’re less likely to test positive for covid if they’ve already been hospitalized for “covid like illness.”  I’ve read Berenson’s article on this, and I’m surprised he didn’t try to claim something like the vaccine caused vaccinated people to be more susceptible to non-covid respiratory illnesses or something.

If you are trying to clear up my confusion here, unfortunately it isn't working.  It would appear that 90%+ of people who present "Covid-19-like symptoms" don't have it and presumably have flu or something else, the tests suck, or some combo.

Let's peel that onion a little:  how would you break those numbers down Tim, how many in each category?

24 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So as he got more information he decided not to. That’s how science works. And I think he knows a little bit more about this stuff than you.