Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

FBI tells family of Kristin Smart, who vanished 23 years ago, to be prepared for news

Has anyone seen this? 

Denise Smart, the woman's mother, told the Stockton Record that she was contacted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and was told to "be ready."

"This is really going to be something you don't expect. We want to give you the support you need," she said she was told. They also told her she should have a place to get away to. 

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Releasing that couple who took her?

Wrong girl although odd coincidence in last name. 

Just now, kilroy69 said:

Wrong girl although odd coincidence in last name. 

Oh crap...wrong girl.

I don't think the FBI calls people and tells them to be ready.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't think the FBI calls people and tells them to be ready.

Yeah that seemed weird. And it's not something they are expecting?

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Yeah that seemed weird. And it's not something they are expecting?

Witness protection? Did she see a hit? 

She was abducted by aliens.......................................................and returned. :shocking:

Just now, kilroy69 said:

Witness protection? Did she see a hit? 

I didn't read it as that. I think the article is hinting that after the family finds out what happened to the girl they may not want to be near a television and probably will need a psychiatrist at some point. It's kind of obscure all around unless I missed a key point.

Just now, Cruzer said:

She was abducted by aliens.......................................................and returned. :shocking:

Did she get an anal probe?

• Like 1

Just now, sderk said:

I didn't read it as that. I think the article is hinting that after the family finds out what happened to the girl they may not want to be near a television and probably will need a psychiatrist at some point. It's kind of obscure all around unless I missed a key point.

See I read it as the MOTHER needed a safe place. not the girl 

If the fbi did this, by telephone, then they continue their losing streak. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

If the fbi did this, by telephone, then they continue their losing streak. 

WITHOUT QUESTION. 

3 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

See I read it as the MOTHER needed a safe place. not the girl 

Possibly the safe place is not about running from danger, but running from what they found out about the girl? Either she is arrested for being a mass murder or she joined a middle east terrorist group, or, she was tortured for 20 years and was found in some freaks basement strung up on a wall dead.

Who knows.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sderk said:

Epstein's island.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Epstein's island.

ohhhhhhhh man that would be brutal 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Epstein's island.

THAT would be one helluva twist.....they need to protect this person, if the Clintons are involved....we don't want any "misfortune" to befall her.....

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Epstein's island.

Wow. The people that think they got away with being involved with him would be in a world of hurt. Plus the enablers. 

Look at them build up the suspense. Better knock it out of the park, FBI.

It's USA 2020, they are probably going ti inform the parents that she's now a dude.

Just read up on it. She disappeared after getting drunk and passing out. Most likely an opportunist close to her. 

I don't get this.  If I had a loved one that was abducted, murdered or whatever..I would not be going to any media.  The only way I would is to use them to help find my family member if there was an abduction.

I would not be going on dateline, or talking to the papers, or doing interviews.

I never understood this.  Is the 15 minutes a stronger pull that your grief and privacy?

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just read up on it. She disappeared after getting drunk and passing out. Most likely an opportunist close to her. 

There was a guy, Flores, who has always been a suspect in the case.  He was the last person to see her. They could not prove anything or find anything, but the family kept tabs on him, including letting potential employers know about him being a suspect.  My guess is that the FBI may have found him dead and they are now able to track down what he did with her.  :dunno:  

I'm losing my edge and not enough of an a$$hole anymore to post my Maxwell Smart joke.

She was hot and five years younger than me which means she would make prime dating material.

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

There was a guy, Flores, who has always been a suspect in the case.  He was the last person to see her. They could not prove anything or find anything, but the family kept tabs on him, including letting potential employers know about him being a suspect.  My guess is that the FBI may have found him dead and they are now able to track down what he did with her.  :dunno:  

Was that dude a college student or some unknown older perv at a college party? That's a big difference. I'm sure there there are college dudes that have raped drunk chicks (or maybe consensual when the chick was drunk and then later accused), but would a college dude abduct her and take her to his dorm for safe keeping? 

If the parents were doing what you mentioned, they should be thrown in prison along with whoever they catch.

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

Was that dude a college student or some unknown older perv at a college party? That's a big difference. I'm sure there there are college dudes that have raped drunk chicks (or maybe consensual when the chick was drunk and then later accused), but would a college dude abduct her and take her to his dorm for safe keeping? 

If the parents were doing what you mentioned, they should be thrown in prison along with whoever they catch.

The USA Today article I read was that 3 students, which included Flores, walked her back to her dorm.  He claimed that he only walked back as far as his dorm and she supposedly finished the route on her own.

I'm thinking it's going to bad.  Bad like, her body was found in another country and she was used as a sex slave.  Not something like, we finally found her body 2 miles away.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The USA Today article I read was that 3 students, which included Flores, walked her back to her dorm.  He claimed that he only walked back as far as his dorm and she supposedly finished the route on her own.

This is Fox News:

Smart, who was 19 when she vanished, attended California Polytechnic State University and was last seen in the early morning of May 25, 1996, while returning to her dorm after a party near the campus. At the time, another student told authorities he left Smart near her dormitory after they and another female student walked back.

According to reports at the time, a neighbor in Smart’s dorm called university police the next morning and reported that she hadn’t returned. But other students said they thought she had gone camping, so officers didn’t declare her missing for three days.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm thinking it's going to bad.  Bad like, her body was found in another country and she was used as a sex slave.

Yeah. Or maybe she turned into Ilhan Omar.

40 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

From the Wikipedia page on this case:

Smart's disappearance remains an unsolved case, although compelling evidence was discovered that points to Paul Flores knowing exactly what happened to her. Although her body was never discovered, Smart’s bloody earring was found by a tenant at the former residence of Paul Flores’s mother. This earring has since mysteriously disappeared from police custody. Between 1996 and 2007, many searches were conducted, some using police dogs trained to detect the scent of human remains, including searches of properties owned by the Flores family. No useful leads were found.

Just now, Strike said:

From the Wikipedia page on this case:

'Smart’s bloody earring was found by a tenant at the former residence of Paul Flores’s mother. This earring has since mysteriously disappeared from police custody. Between 1996 and 2007, many searches were conducted, some using police dogs trained to detect the scent of human remains, including searches of properties owned by the Flores family. No useful leads were found."

That sounds like wives tale. 

Maam... your daughter is alive, but is a registered Democrat living in california.

So shes dead. Ok thanks officer.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

'Smart’s bloody earring was found by a tenant at the former residence of Paul Flores’s mother. This earring has since mysteriously disappeared from police custody. Between 1996 and 2007, many searches were conducted, some using police dogs trained to detect the scent of human remains, including searches of properties owned by the Flores family. No useful leads were found."

That sounds like wives tale. 

Yeah, the reference they cite for this "fact" doesn't mention it can't be considered reliable information.  Sorry about that.