Sign in to follow this  
KayJay1971

Do any of you use a lawn mowing service?

I've used this company for 2 1/2 years. Its your typical mow and blow service. The first 3 weeks of January no one came around to do the service. No calls. No email. Nothing. So I wrote an email stating that since they had not come to perform the service in 3 weeks I considered our relationship terminated. The next day (Friday) someone miraculously shows up (not on our normal day which is Tuesday). The wife of the owner calls me on Saturday claiming they had been on vacation and did not realizer the service wasn't being done. I tell her I will give them one more chance but if they don't show up I will be looking for a replacement company. Last week I see no evidence that they had been there. I send an email saying that they didn't come and I was done. She replies and said they came and blew off the driveway and walkways but the lawn didn't need to be mowed. I feel like they should do it whether it needs it or not as I am not paying any less for weeks they don't mow. My wife thinks I over reacted. Maybe I did but if I take my car to get the oil changed and they say it looks fine, I am not paying them for an oil change.

PS - Yes I know I am fat and lazy so save yourself the trouble of typing it.

Yeah, we have some guys do our landscaping.  We have a tiny lawn and a moderate amount of shrubbery. My wife hired them when I was unable to do it while sick.  Once I recovered I figured, "fock it, I can afford it" so we still use them.  :dunno:

Anybody need a lawnmower? 

Can't. I don't have weeds in my yard and those focktards are low IQ losers who can only mow lawns for a living so they obviously wont clean the equipment before they cut the grass and spread all the weed seeds from the last place there were at.

I do my own lawn and landscaping. It is relaxing to listen to Sten and have a beer while doing some yard work

No.  I enjoy doing most yardwork.  Id say I have a medium sized lawn.  No shrubs or bushes.

I reserve the right to change my opinion if I lived in the south and it was 100 each day for months.  Might not be as enjoyable.

I like mowing my lawn. This is me

I'll do it as long as I am physically capable. My job requires a lot of critical thinking, yardwork is great because I can turn my brain off.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'll do it as long as I am physically capable. My job requires a lot of critical thinking, yardwork is great because I can turn my brain off.

What do you do the other times? I used to do the same, but my son fights me to mow the lawn and wins because he gets home before me. So I found the gym and relaxing with the Mrs. to work just fine as a disconnect.

6 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What do you do the other times? I used to do the same, but my son fights me to mow the lawn and wins because he gets home before me. So I found the gym and relaxing with the Mrs. to work just fine as a disconnect.

Yup, gym. My son is 17, he tried to "help" a few times... I've probably got issues but, I don't ever want that dude near my lawn equipment again.

I paid some messicans to do it for 13 years, but last year my neighbor bought a new zero turn and I had to have one. I fired the beaners and called the sheriff to check them out and make sure they were legal. 

24 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yup, gym. My son is 17, he tried to "help" a few times... I've probably got issues but, I don't ever want that dude near my lawn equipment again.

My son was following me since he was about 3. Started doing it himself when he was able to reach the pedals at about 10. Now I can’t get control of my own tractor. I did it once this spring when he was working and he never let me get on it again. 

His work is quality and he even uses a leaf blower to get rid of any stray clippings. If it uses gas, he is all over it. Not sure I want him to ever move out. :lol:

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My son was following me since he was about 3. Started doing it himself when he was able to reach the pedals at about 10. Now I can’t get control of my own tractor. I did it once this spring when he was working and he never let me get on it again. 

His work is quality and he even uses a leaf blower to get rid of any stray clippings. If it uses gas, he is all over it. Not sure I want him to ever move out. :lol:

That's awesome.

1 minute ago, Reality said:

That's awesome.

He even does the neighbors’ yards if they are away. Same with snow blowing. Problem now is he has a truck and will want to plow. Grass will be ripped up. :lol:

Like to do it myself because I'm real picky on how it looks. The one time I had my son do it he put gas in the oil tank of the mower. God I love that kid. 

I like mowing my own lawn.  Its relaxing to me...little walking around doesn't hurt either.

I'm still at the point in my life where I want to mow it, rather than view it as a chore.  That may change one day