Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Starting to think no NFL team is interested in TB12

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

I guess.... the Pats only had maybe the best defense in the league for a majority of the season.  I suppose that isnt useful to winning.  

I dont see Brady hopping ship at this point and doing very well. Or at least being the difference from mediocre franchise to SB contender.

Maybe I am in the minority.

I agree with everything you said. TB only makes sense for a team that’s a QB away or one desperate to be relevant. He looked bad for a lot of last year and at 43 that’s probably what you’re getting going forward. 

My guess is a 2-year deal with the Pats and they draft his successor this year.

5 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Lions should give him 500M a year a 100% ownership in the team

Brady would counteroffer 450M and 50%. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_buccaneers_love_tom_brady_willing_to_give_him_control_over_roster/s1_12680_31533968

Originally posted on Sportsnaut  |  By Matt Johnson  |  Last updated 3/10/20

If the New England Patriots aren’t willing to give Tom Brady everything he wants to bring back their future Hall of Famer, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reportedly prepared to step up and offer whatever it takes.

According to ESPN’s Dianna Russini, the Buccaneers are among a few teams that love Brady and are willing to go to great lengths to sign him. Among the accommodations, Brady is seeking control over the roster and input on play-calling.

“I talked to Tampa Bay. They would love to have Tom Brady,” DIANNA RUSSINI SAID, VIA ESPN’S ‘GET UP‘ “They are willing to give Tom Brady the things he needs, he wants, and some of those things Brady wants – control of the roster, he wants to be part of at least making decisions on play-calling.”

Talks between Brady and Belichick reportedly haven’t been productive and speculation is increasing that a split is inevitable. Given Patriots owner Robert Kraft doesn’t plan to overstep Belichick’s authority, the chances of Brady leaving the organization seems to be increasing.

Given Brady’s intention to explore all of his options as the top free-agent quarterback available, the pitch from the Buccaneers could be a strong selling point.

While they will face competition from the Tennessee Titans, Las Vegas Raiders and Los Angeles Chargers, head coach Bruce Arians might have the right approach.

Pairing Brady with star receivers Mike Evans and Chris Godwin would give him one of the best receiving corps in his 20-year career. If the Buccaneers can draft an offensive tackle, which they land in the latest mock draft, the situation might be too perfect for Brady to pass on.

Is Brady even an upgrade from Winston at this point?

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

Carrot Top would be an upgrade. Shamus has the talent, but not the mentality. He wants to be the hero every game. That's more important to him than winning. Arians said as much. I think it was something like, he tried to win every game by himself. He needs to let others help him win. 

He improved his second year and then regressed. He has the football knowledge, but he just can't help himself and forces the ball. 

We can draft a QB and have him learn under Brady. It would give the fans some hope. Another year of Shamus is not going to put fans in the stadium. 

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

30 Interceptions last year. Even Eli is an upgrade at this point

17 hours ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Tampa is. Big time. Why do you think other teams aren't?

God I hope you're right.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

You're an upgrade over Winston.

• Haha 1

I'm surprised the eagles arent making a run at Brady. You'd think they'd want to get a tough guy will balls, smarts and accuracy after their experience with that fragile,  timid,  inaccurate just doesnt have it Wentz guy. 

• Thanks 1

All these teams are talking big just to get NE to pony up extra cash so they can't spend it on other players.    Brady will retire a Patriot.  As he should.  

6 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I'm surprised the eagles arent making a run at Brady. 

Don’t want a tranny in the locker room. :dunno: 

23 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The Titans forum as about 2 to 1 against signing Brady.

If I were the Titans or one of their fans I'd be against it too.  They finally hit on a winning formula last year.  So instead of building on that they blow it up?  That would be dumb IMO.

53 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

I hope he comes here just to renew our banter. 

Proximity to Key West will help.

2 hours ago, drobeski said:

I'm surprised the eagles arent making a run at Brady. You'd think they'd want to get a tough guy will balls, smarts and accuracy after their experience with that fragile,  timid,  inaccurate just doesnt have it Wentz guy. 

The Eagles would make great sense, and they would have a chance at squeezing something out of their rapidly closing window. But they signed Glass Joe to a long term deal so they could never afford it. 

19 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I guess.... the Pats only had maybe the best defense in the league for a majority of the season.  I suppose that isnt useful to winning.  

I dont see Brady hopping ship at this point and doing very well. Or at least being the difference from mediocre franchise to SB contender.

Maybe I am in the minority.

No I’ve been thinking this ever since rumors started about him leaving. 

17 hours ago, Strike said:

If I were the Titans or one of their fans I'd be against it too.  They finally hit on a winning formula last year.  So instead of building on that they blow it up?  That would be dumb IMO.

I tend to agree. The counter argument is that we didn't get it done last year, and can't even really re sign everyone to bring that team back (Tannehill, Henry, conklin, Ryan, a dozen lesser ones). 

Okay, so ONE team is maybe interested. I wasn't far off.

He will retire before he crawls back to Belichick.

The people saying there would be a bidding war for him :doh:

would would TB pay more than 20 million for TB12? 

24 minutes ago, edjr said:

The lions will sign TB and draft Tua and keep Stafford. it's a lion thing to do.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

The speculation is that it's a around $100 million for 3 years. 

7 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

The speculation is that it's a around $100 million for 3 years. 

No one else is interested, why would they offer that? I bet it has team options, if true

TB12 announces on social media he is DUNSKY in New England

Must have a sweetheart deal in Tampa.  Pats did not have any money to sign him anyway.  He will thank them with a $13.5m cap hit in 2020

I was literally looking at Bills props an hour ago.  Was either +325 or +350 to win division.  Which was a steal with Tom on or not.  Then they took it off the board right when tom announced.

Oh well.  Ya snooze ya lose i guess.

who starts game 1 for NEP

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

who starts game 1 for NEP

Eli! 

Patriots gearing up to draft Lawrence when he finally decides to leave Clemson