Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Are you wearing a mask in public ??

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What country do you live in?

:lol:

2 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

Sorry, I was listening to Lil John in my truck, and I was in the zone.

Seriously though, I'm not wearing a mask.

Ahh that's understood

Yes.

I have only been shopping once a week and I have been wearing an n95 mask for the past 4 weeks when grocery shopping late at night. I rotate my masks as I have only a few and will be rewearing a mask I wore a few weeks ago when I go shopping next.

At first I was the only one wearing a mask, but now it is normal.

I will do my best to follow the guidelines.

Reason 2049 its nice not to live in a big city.

I dont see everyone in masks.  Yet we have few cases here or surrounding areas.  

It is almost normal life.   Of course I still try to stay om the side of caution as do most others with how much they go out.  

Honestly other than finding work you cant pass up why live in a big city or big urban centers right outside a major city as a white male making an okay wage?  I just dont get it.

I can't speak for anyone else, it's funny how much I've noticed how much I use a simple smile in varying degrees in varying situations.

What's amazing is with the mask, how much of that falls to the wayside.

for example, in the grocery store, I might step to the side and smile at somebody essentially saying pass on by, no rush. But now? It just looks like I'm staring at them and they have no idea whether I'm pissed off or trying to be courteous.

And yeah, I'm about at my 432nd time bringing some food or beverage up to my lips while wearing my mask.

one of my biggest fears is this is going to validate and empower some of these agoraphobic and germaphobes who are going to wear masks constantly even after this nonsense has passed.

3 hours ago, shotsup said:

I don’t know you or who you are but I gotta say everything I’ve read by u lately is you are a huge gapping AHole. Just saying. 

🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

What country do you live in?

Sorry,  county.

Your mother so ugly the county mandated she wear a mask in public years ago.  :mellow:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Friendly reminder, wearing a mask is to prevent you from coughing and sneezing your Commie China Cooties on other people. It isn't to protect yourself from catching it while you are out stocking up on beer.

Governments don't want asymptomatic people out there spreading it around.

Fun fact, your reminder is wrong.  We had this discussion in another thread -- a mask blocks things both ways.  The gubment has slowplayed this physics fact because they don't want a run on them before the healthcare workers and smart people get all they need.  Fauci said as much in a link I posted in another thread.

Also I don't get this manly man "I don't need no mask" machismo.  I consider it manly to minimize the odds of my wife and kids getting sick.  But maybe that's just me.

I'm 50/50 on the gloves.  I wore them once or twice and I'm a little concerned of overconfidence with them (touching things then, say, touching my clothes or whipping my shlong out in line, which happens often).  I kinda prefer taking a clorox wipe in the store with me and wiping down anything I touch.

Regarding frequency, I end up going out a few times per week it seems.  This past week it was the pork shop for fresh kielbasa (having later today) and I did curbside pickup for takeout on Friday.  I didn't wear a mask for that because I just sat in my car until my food was brought out.

I haven't left the house in almost 2 weeks. I'll need to make a run to the grocery/ liquor store/ gas station towards the middle of the week.

I've been wearing gloves when I go out to forage. Take them off and use sanitizer before touching anything when I return to the car. I'll probably wear some kind of mask next time, even if it's some hokey bandanna with a coffee filter wrapped up inside. 

:bandana:

22 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Why? I do not get it.  This us what im talking about.  You live in a city atmosphere.  Why not just stock up a bit? Once a week yet you are all masked up? Sounds ridiculous.  Isnt hard to stock up for 3 weeks at a time.  

Not if you are a single guy in his 20s and eat Hot Pockets or Spaghetti-o's every day.  My wife plans meals every week and buys food needed for them weekly, much of which is fresh produce.  We get most of our meat delivered (Butcher Box, we recommend it) and we've got seafood in the freezer, so mostly she buys produce.  And tequila and bourbon, both of which I ran out of.  :cheers:

been to one of our grocery stores every day for the past 2 weeks, been wearing a mask for a solid week. it's very creepy being in your home town and not recognizing anyone.

The last time I was out, I went to Lowe's at 6:00AM for garden soil. It was me and one other customer in the store, plus employees. I'm going to make another run in the morning for some lumber and stain. I don't have a mask to wear, but maybe I'll look for one in the store.

43 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Fun fact, your reminder is wrong.  We had this discussion in another thread -- a mask blocks things both ways.  The gubment has slowplayed this physics fact because they don't want a run on them before the healthcare workers and smart people get all they need.  Fauci said as much in a link I posted in another thread.

Also I don't get this manly man "I don't need no mask" machismo.  I consider it manly to minimize the odds of my wife and kids getting sick.  But maybe that's just me.

I'm 50/50 on the gloves.  I wore them once or twice and I'm a little concerned of overconfidence with them (touching things then, say, touching my clothes or whipping my shlong out in line, which happens often).  I kinda prefer taking a clorox wipe in the store with me and wiping down anything I touch.

Regarding frequency, I end up going out a few times per week it seems.  This past week it was the pork shop for fresh kielbasa (having later today) and I did curbside pickup for takeout on Friday.  I didn't wear a mask for that because I just sat in my car until my food was brought out.

I'm out in public all day because of my job. I'm around other people who are as well, as well as the general public who are out doing their shopping.

I don't wear a mask and I don't wear latex/nitrile  gloves or wash my hands every 20 minutes. 

It has nothing to do with machismo, it's just not necessary. At all. The country needs to be reopened for business. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Why? I do not get it.  This us what im talking about.  You live in a city atmosphere.  Why not just stock up a bit? Once a week yet you are all masked up? Sounds ridiculous.  Isnt hard to stock up for 3 weeks at a time.  

All masked up? Taking a mask out of your glove box, putting the two loops around your ears, then shopping, then taking the the two loops off of your ears is some mega process?

8 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I don't have a mask to wear, but maybe I'll look for one in the store.

Don't bother. It isn't necessary. 

You stand a better chance of catching something by lickin starfish. 

37 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Don't bother. It isn't necessary. 

You stand a better chance of catching something by lickin starfish. 

Is that you Rudy Goebert? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Is that you Rudy Goebert? :lol:

Mebbe  :ninja: