Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

When will the media and politicians admit the true mortality rate of .01%-.02%?

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20062463v2

This study shows the virus is 22-45% less deadly than original thought and has a mortality rate just above seasonal flu (which we as a society vaccinate against). The study conducted, tested people randomly on the street and found that antibodies already existed in many of them. At the time of testing 1000 confirmed cases existed in Santa Clara County, but the study suggests 54,000 (weighted avg) carried the antibodies (meaning they were already infected). Using these numbers brings the mortality rate to .01-.02%. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, posty said:

Never...

But maybe if a Democrat takes the White House in 2020, they will, but I doubt it because it would make them even less creditable than they already are...

I fear you're right. I'm glad we took the steps we did to protect ourselves. We didn't know what we didn't know. But it's driving me crazy watching the country moving forward as if this thing has a 4% death rate. It's stupid and I hope Trump lets it out during a press conference. 

Trump's failure in providing testing means we we'll never know the actual mortality rate. It's obviously much lower than the stats are showing. But since we've only tested 7 million out of 335 million Americans, we will never have data. 

Not happening unless they plan on doing a 180 and saying it was all overblown...then pinning it all Trump.

We probably would have known sooner if we properly prepared and began testing sooner 

45 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Trump's failure in providing testing means we we'll never know the actual mortality rate. It's obviously much lower than the stats are showing. But since we've only tested 7 million out of 335 million Americans, we will never have data. 

And Hillary woulda handed tests out like Pez candy, huh?   

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

But but but Hillary

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

But but but Hillary

Newbs is the one with the Hillary fascination.  He said yesterday that she woulda had it solved before the outbreak. Im assuming he thinks she woulda had testing under control.

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Newbs is the one with the Hillary fascination.  He said yesterday that she woulda had it solved before the outbreak. Im assuming he thinks she woulda had testing under control.

So u are saying it is not under control correct

55 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

We probably would have known sooner if we properly prepared and began testing sooner 

So we should have been prepared to test millions for a virus we didn't know how to test for. 

Do you clowns ever listen to yourselves? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

not under control correct

Now?  I dont know. I havent payed much attention to whats available on the national level lately. Whats under control mean?  To me, its when anyone who wants a test, asymptomatic or not, can get it.  In my area, it seems you cant swing a dead cat and not hit a pop up testing site. Are we there everywhere?  

4 minutes ago, drobeski said:

So we should have been prepared to test millions for a virus we didn't know how to test for. 

Do you clowns ever listen to yourselves? 

They’re certainly special...

41 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You have to pick a side on this debate. If you're bitching that the mortality rate is skewed because the number of cases isn't accurate, you are admitting that we are woefully behind in testing. If you are fine with the level of testing then you also have to be fine with the mortality rate showing 4 or 5%.  As with all data sets, garbage in, garbage out. 

It's funny that Kayleigh said yesterday that the White House is safe because they are incorporating testing everyday and contact tracing. The very things that experts say are needed to safely open up businesses around the country, but Trump deems is not necessary.   Hmmm. There's a head scratcher. 

20 hours ago, posty said:

Never...

But maybe if a Democrat takes the White House in 2020, they will, but I doubt it because it would make them even less creditable than they already are...

Creditable?  Nice work spell checker. 

Every time I read one of these threads I have a newfound disgust for you folks on the left. You really are actual pieces of sh!t.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Every time I read one of these threads I have a newfound disgust for you folks on the left. You really are actual pieces of sh!t.

The left isn't the reason we got a late start on testing and have never caught up. And that Trump doesn't seem to care if we ever have widespread testing. Your disgust is misdirected. 

15 minutes ago, Reality said:

Well now I won't be able to sleep

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

You have to pick a side on this debate. If you're bitching that the mortality rate is skewed because the number of cases isn't accurate, you are admitting that we are woefully behind in testing. If you are fine with the level of testing then you also have to be fine with the mortality rate showing 4 or 5%.  As with all data sets, garbage in, garbage out. 

It's funny that Kayleigh said yesterday that the White House is safe because they are incorporating testing everyday and contact tracing. The very things that experts say are needed to safely open up businesses around the country, but Trump deems is not necessary.   Hmmm. There's a head scratcher. 

I read the bolded above and think... did this come out of Newbie's head or is it copy and paste.  I'm inclined to think the latter.  Just saying...

Anyway, I'm on record as saying that this "need for more testing" is a red herring; there is a thread here which quoted an "achievable" situation where every worker gets tested at the end of every day, the results get processed, and if they are found positive they are notified by morning and don't show up for work.  Yeah, maybe in 10 years...

So I'm wondering, is the rest of the world way ahead of us in accurate testing?  :dunno:

Considering that a goat and a piece of fruit tested positive for the Chinaflu, we can throw out any claims that testing is the answer to the problem.

Open the country and stop the charade.

24 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I read the bolded above and think... did this come out of Newbie's head or is it copy and paste.  I'm inclined to think the latter.  Just saying...

Anyway, I'm on record as saying that this "need for more testing" is a red herring; there is a thread here which quoted an "achievable" situation where every worker gets tested at the end of every day, the results get processed, and if they are found positive they are notified by morning and don't show up for work.  Yeah, maybe in 10 years...

So I'm wondering, is the rest of the world way ahead of us in accurate testing?  :dunno:

Why would that have to be copied and pasted? You saying it's beyond my mental abilities?  Lol. Actually, it's a semi-famous line used by one of OJ's lawyers.  That's where I first heard it.

27 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Also, if the need for widespread testing isn't necessary to safely reopen, why did Trump's press secretary say yesterday that the White House can operate safely because of everyday rapid testing and contact tracing. 

Bottom line is, Trump and everyone in his administration knows it's the only way to safely reopen, but because they don't want to highlight their miserable failings in providing it, they want to downplay the importance

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Why would that have to be copied and pasted? You saying it's beyond my mental abilities?  Lol. Actually, it's a semi-famous line used by one of OJ's lawyers.  That's where I first heard it.

Not exactly.  "Data sets" is a phrase I would associate with an advanced math/statistics degree.  Perhaps you have that?

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Not exactly.  "Data sets" is a phrase I would associate with an advanced math/statistics degree.  Perhaps you have that?

I'm just well rounded and intelligent. 

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Also, if the need for widespread testing isn't necessary to safely reopen, why did Trump's press secretary say yesterday that the White House can operate safely because of everyday rapid testing and contact tracing. 

Bottom line is, Trump and everyone in his administration knows it's the only way to safely reopen, but because they don't want to highlight their miserable failings in providing it, they want to downplay the importance

You conveniently avoided my question about the rest of the world.  Let's take Germany:  has Merkel come up with this super testing?  Or is she sitting with her thumb up her ass waiting for us to develop it, like she reneges on her investment in NATO?  

We've tested more people than any country and it goes up every day.  And I presume you won't bring up this "per capita" crap, since we've established you have advanced math knowledge and as such know that that is an illogical metric.  :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Bottom line is, Trump and everyone in his administration knows it's the only way to safely open

Define safely.  If your answer is nobody dying, then go live in a bubble.  Drop all the speed limits to 25 mph while your at it.  More people will die when we have more widespread opening. Theres no way around it.  Whether its 2020 or 2021, its gonna happen.  

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

You conveniently avoided my question about the rest of the world.  Let's take Germany:  has Merkel come up with this super testing?  Or is she sitting with her thumb up her ass waiting for us to develop it, like she reneges on her investment in NATO?  

We've tested more people than any country and it goes up every day.  And I presume you won't bring up this "per capita" crap, since we've established you have advanced math knowledge and as such know that that is an illogical metric.  :cheers:

I don't know every country's situation, but I do know we rank 42nd in the world in tests per capita. Inexcusable for the wealthiest country in the world. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Define safely.  If your answer is nobody dying, then go live in a bubble.  Drop all the speed limits to 25 mph while your at it.  More people will die when we have more widespread opening. Theres no way around it.  Whether its 2020 or 2021, its gonna happen.  

Safely meaning we have the ability to know when someone is sick and isolate them. Like the white house does.  Not only are we nowhere near there, there's not even a plan for it.

Just now, The Observer said:

Safely meaning we have the ability to know when someone is sick and isolate them. 

You really think thats gonna happen?  Ever?  Anywhere in the world?  

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You really think thats gonna happen?  Ever?  Anywhere in the world?  

Certainly not here. I bet your Mara Lago has the capability when that reopens though.

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Certainly not here. I bet your Mara Lago has the capability when that reopens though.

So when do we reopen? 

3 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

That was literally impossible for the administration to get the ball rolling on. Trump points to things Democrats and the media said as to why he didn't do more sooner, but then he never cared what the media thinks anyway. But now he cared when this first started? It would be nice to see the guy admit a mistake here and there. 

21 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I'm just well rounded and intelligent. 

Well, if you are in real life, you sure aren't showing it in your make believe internet persona. :lol:

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Well, if you are in real life, you sure aren't showing in your make believe internet persona. :lol:

Sick burn. That's some hall of fame shade right there.  Well done 

21 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Safely meaning we have the ability to know when someone is sick and isolate them. Like the white house does.  Not only are we nowhere near there, there's not even a plan for it.

That isn't feasible.  There needs to be balance.  It is not "open up everything right away and have big gatherings", but it also isn't "test everyone, everyday and isolate those infected to prevent future deaths".  The reality is that we have to prevent hot spots where there are large scale infections that cannot be contained, while we look for treatments, vaccines and herd immunity.  

• Thanks 1

There has been a dozen or so antibody testing and mass testing of groups that all say the true mortality rate is below 0.05%.

I have no clue why it’s not discussed more.

Has to be agenda driven. 

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

I don't know every country's situation, but I do know we rank 42nd in the world in tests per capita. Inexcusable for the wealthiest country in the world. 

Impressive.  In direct response to my attempt to compliment your math ability by saying that you surely know better than to bring up per capita testing, you bring up per capita testing.  Perhaps I am wrong and English isn't your first language?

Here, I'll make it simple for you.  Say we have two countries, A has 10 people and B has 1 billion people.  A tests 5 people, 50%.  B tests 400 million people, 40%.  Which country has done a better job testing?

I'm not even going to get into the inanity of the concept of "testing everyone."  Some need multiple tests, some need none.  Whatever, bot on Newbie.  :cheers:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Has to be agenda driven. 

I dont actually think leftists want people sick or dead, but anything they can do to pile on Trump, they are doing it.

Remember in 2016 when someone at CNN actually told the truth and said the MSM was giving Hillary a free pass?  Well, this is the exact opposite.  Theyre giving a free pass to Coumo, DeBlasio, Biden, and more right now.

• Like 1