Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Cuomo threatens to shut down Hamptons, Manhattan for not following social distancing rules

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/york-gov-cuomo-threatens-shut-191026986.html

Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Sunday threatened to take away the punch bowl from the reopening party being celebrated by Manhattanites and Hamptons residents.

Appalled by photos of mass gatherings that are ignoring social distancing protocols, Cuomo said he would shut down various locations again if residents don’t abide by the state’s reopening rules.

“We’re not going to go back to that dark place because local governments didn’t do their job,” Cuomo said. He claimed the state has received 25,000 complaints about health-safety violations since the start of the pandemic, most of them involving bars and restaurants.

“Manhattan and the Hamptons are the leading areas in the state with violations,” Cuomo said. “These are not hard-to-spot violations. People send videos of these violations.”

Two days ago, more than 200 people were captured on video partying on St. Marks Place in the East Village in Manhattan. They were ignoring stipulations on social distancing.

“I’m not going to allow situations to exist, that we know have a high likelihood of causing an increase in the virus,” Cuomo said. “Local governments, do your job.”

Cuomo said he personally phoned “a couple of bars and restaurants myself when I saw pictures of their situations. … And I said to them, ‘You’re playing with your [liquor] license.’ ”

The state is in Phase One of a four-stage plan to reopening. The Hamptons are in Phase Two, which allows outdoor seating at restaurants.

🤡

I take back what I said earlier about USA needed a dicktater.

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Great leader. Probably our president starting January 20th, 2025

I told people hear you had a sense of humor.   They didn't believe me.  Hey everyone, I told you he could tell funny jokes.  

10 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Different Cuomo, but funny...

Ha! It’s funny because Cuomo went to Yale! 

Once I saw thousands of people gathering to protest, I don’t want to hear anybody say anything about Coronavirus from our government.  That ship sailed. 

• Thanks 2

Why  can't people protest George Floyd's death and his tragic loss of life in a bar with other mourners?

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Why  can't people protest George Floyd's death and his tragic loss of life in a bar with other mourners?

Because the side protesting are hoodlums. 

If every time hoodlum vandalizes property that isn't theirs, they get executed, eventually we'd have no more vandals.   Guaranteed. 

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Once I saw thousands of people gathering to protest, I don’t want to hear anybody say anything about Coronavirus from our government.  That ship sailed. 

No doubt about it. Pelosi and her sheep are bowing down to those people. They wouldn't dare condemn their behavior around either rioting nor not giving a crap about the virus after they came out and called white people racists for not adhering to the social distancing protocol. 

The left is fvcking loony tunes and beyond. I could see them in a meeting in 2016, "Ok all, at this point, we try to blame Trump for everything that we can possibly make up, and if that doesn't work, then in 2020 we self destruct to the point that no one will be able to follow our logic on anything we say or do. GO TEAM DEMOCRAT!! Get out there and create some chaos."

They didn't realize they  couldn't help themselves to start self destructing in 2016. It's only got worse now is all.

43 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Because the side protesting are hoodlums. 

If every time hoodlum vandalizes property that isn't theirs, they get executed, eventually we'd have no more vandals.   Guaranteed. 

My point is that there is a backdoor to coronavirus lockdowns: people can do anything they want so long as the reason they say they're doing it is "to protest police abuse and mourn the death of St. George." 

So" grandma's funeral, NASCAR races, birthday parties, little league games, church service... make them all George Floyd protests if the government comes snooping.

Meanwhile, fire island damn near has open sperm and wine guzzling parties filled with AIDS, but that's okay.

5 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Meanwhile, fire island damn near has open sperm and wine guzzling parties filled with AIDS, but that's okay.

That’s how you spent your weekend too ?

• Haha 1

next he'll threaten to give them covid like he did to those thousand of seniors he murdered. 

14 hours ago, The Observer said:

Great leader. Probably our president starting January 20th, 2025

He alone is the single reason Covid19 killed so many of our frail seniors.  Guy should be held on charges let alone an attempted run at the highest office in the land.

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

He alone is the single reason Covid19 killed so many of our frail seniors.  Guy should be held on charges let alone an attempted run at the highest office in the land.

Newbie hates old people, fears them,  always has, always demonstrated it here. Lowlifes like him support the genocide.  

2 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

That’s how you spent your weekend too ?

Did you have fun there?

11 hours ago, Voltaire said:

My point is that there is a backdoor to coronavirus lockdowns: people can do anything they want so long as the reason they say they're doing it is "to protest police abuse and mourn the death of St. George." 

So" grandma's funeral, NASCAR races, birthday parties, little league games, church service... make them all George Floyd protests if the government comes snooping.

Bingo. 

Manhattan and the Hamptons?    

. . . nuke the site from orbit.   It's the only way to be sure.   

Safe.

Not safe.

Safe.

Not Safe.

Cononavirus is an on-again-off-again danger depending on whatever activities it is that the Dems and media support. 

3 hours ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Como 

lol

?

9 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

It’s the first amendment Mr Como

Gotcha

NY was doing fine until the libtards that invaded Brooklyn started deciding elections. Now all their million dollar Brownstones are taking a dive. And they are going to realize they are a little too close to the people they are out protesting for. It’s gonna be funny. Real funny.  You ain’t in Kansas. You never were. 

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

NY was doing fine until the libtards that invaded Brooklyn started deciding elections. Now all their million dollar Brownstones are taking a dive. And they are going to realize they are a little too close to the people they are out protesting for. It’s gonna be funny. Real funny.  You ain’t in Kansas. You never were. 

My brother lives in Jersey City which, I looked on the map, is right there where NJ meets NYC across the river. What do you think are the prospects for his house value?

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

My brother lives in Jersey City which, I looked on the map, is right there where NJ meets NYC across the river. What do you think are the prospects for his house value?

Ungood

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Ask Peenie

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ungood

:(

I was hoping the political insulation from being outside Cuomo and DiBlasio’s grasp would help him but I guess not if the cancer has metastasized across the Hudson.

18 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

:(

I was hoping the political insulation from being outside Cuomo and DiBlasio’s grasp would help him but I guess not if the cancer has metastasized across the Hudson.

The problem is that NYC sets the price In the area, so if it goes down most places nearby do as well. Then when it does come back NYC goes up first. If he’s in it for the long haul he should be ok. But it all depends on how people work going forward. If we really are going to remote work then the whole game changes. Nothing drives people away like blacks wilding. 

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The problem is that NYC sets the price In the area, so if it goes down most places nearby do as well. Then when it does come back NYC goes up first. If he’s in it for the long haul he should be ok. But it all depends on how people work going forward. If we really are going to remote work then the whole game changes. Nothing drives people away like blacks wilding. 

In Detroit, when the Coleman Young regime destroyed the city, everyone fled for sanity in the suburbs. I was hoping Di Blasio’s NYC may have the same effect, especially in NJ which also has the additional benefit of being Cuomo-free.

17 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

In Detroit, when the Coleman Young regime destroyed the city, everyone fled for sanity in the suburbs. I was hoping Di Blasio’s NYC may have the same effect, especially in NJ which also has the benefit of being Cuomo-free.

Murphy in NJ is Cuomo south. Just as bad.