Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Enn Bee A

How come there’s literally no defense anymore??

Is it rule changes or what? People just quit playing D?

I’m trying to get back into it but literally every time down the court these guys are just scoring at will. Where’s the battle?

Analytics. Teams realized that shooting 3s is far more efficient than the long 2. That and everything is a foul.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Analytics. Teams realized that shooting 3s is far more efficient than the long 2. That and everything is a foul.

Well sh1t, they oughta make it a 2.5 then

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not arguing any of that. I'ts sh!t to watch though. Nothing but 3 pointers launched. I really miss 90's basketball. Except for the knicks.  

Following the college model..Plus the lead guy in the league sets the tone. Michael was an angry, fearless, dangerous competitor.  Lebron is a woke,  brand conscious, businessman. Just look at the league.

Go woke go broke. Haven’t watched that sad sack league in years. 

It doesn't take much math to see shooting 40 percent for 3's is more productive than shooting 50 percent for 2's. 

58 minutes ago, jonmx said:

It doesn't take much math to see shooting 40 percent for 3's is more productive than shooting 50 percent for 2's. 

Okay so I’m serious, make it 2.5.

If game ends with .5 pt differential you round to a tie (so, overtime).

Just now, IGotWorms said:

It’s not political, d0uches

It’s not? They are walking billboards for politics now. It’s written on the court. Take it up with them, doosh. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not? They are walking billboards for politics now. It’s written on the court. Take it up with them, doosh. 

I’m asking about the game, not whether your wittle feewings have been hurt 😢

• Like 1

Just now, IGotWorms said:

I’m asking about the game, not whether your wittle feewings have been hurt 😢

My feelings are fine. I’ve been boycotting this stupid game for about twenty years now. You gotta be a complete idiot to keep watching this product. 

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

:lol: Your naivete never ceases to amaze. The people that run the game are allowed to run the game the way they want because not allowing them to do so is infringing upon their rights. The men who used to run it only knew how to create a product for the masses, but they weren't woke. 

18 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Everything is political to this crowd.

Most Geeks are “that guy” in every office and at every Thanksgiving table. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m trying to get back into it but literally every time down the court these guys are just scoring at will. Where’s the battle?

Your questions are fair- the game has changed. There is no defense and it’s basically a look at me shooting fest.

For many, the NBA is not enjoyable to watch.

Couple that with the league making it political-  And it’s even more unwatchable.

11 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Not arguing any of that. I'ts sh!t to watch though. Nothing but 3 pointers launched. I really miss 90's basketball. Except for the knicks.  

same thing in baseball....strikeout or homerun...everyone swinging for fences.  I cant stand it.

12 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

90s was definitely the heyday. Was decent up until the Celtics super team iteration, sharp downhill turn from there (not saying that’s why, though the super team thing did not help at all).

And I loved the Knicks. Mostly just because I desperately wanted someone to beat the Bulls. Knicks, Pacers, Cavs...whoever.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Everything is political to this crowd.

Most Geeks are “that guy” in every office and at every Thanksgiving table. 

Does “that guy” make your cry at Thanksgiving? Does your mascara run? Lol. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

- defunding police

- demanding reparations

- terrorizing cities with violence if so-called justice is not provided

- demanding looters be let go. 

There is a ton of politics involved.  If BLM were about equality and fair treatment, i woukd be 100 percent behind them.  I fail to see that message being articulated.  They want equal outcomes not based on ability or work, but based on what they want.  It is classic commumism and very political.  The only difference is their rhetoric is based on skin color and not class.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jonmx said:

- defunding police

- demanding reparations

- terrorizing cities with violence if so-called justice is not provided

- demanding looters be let go. 

There is a ton of politics involved.  If BLM were about equality and fair treatment, i woukd be 100 percent behind them.  I fail to see that message being articulated.  They want equal outcomes not based on ability or work, but based on what they want.  It is classic commumism and very political.  The only difference is their rhetoric is based on skin color and not class.  

The question had to do with the game of basketball. So quit cryin’ into your Natty Ice

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

The question had to do with the game of basketball. So quit cryin’ into your Natty Ice

Pointing out just how stupidly wrong you are <<<  >>> Cryin'  ............HTH

The game started to suck in the mid '00's.  Then LeDumb James, Wade, and Bosh, made that "super team", and the NBA started to lose me.  After LeDumb trashed the cops in Ferguson, I left.  Never been back since.  I literally have not watched a second of basketball in what, 6 years or so.

If I didn’t gamble, I’d skip the nba.  Just not that interested.

However, they have made me a ton of money so I love the sport.  Weird how that works.

On 8/15/2020 at 6:30 AM, jonmx said:

To be specific, what happened is that 2-point shooting percentage dropped while 3-point shooting percentage rose by a lot.  We reached a point where some teams have a high enough 3-point shooting percentage to focus on shooting threes.

http://www.besttickets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/3-Percents.png

http://www.besttickets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/2-Percents.png

On 8/14/2020 at 9:35 PM, IGotWorms said:

You're just now realizing this? It's nothing these days for both teams to score over 120 points. The fans have accepted that an important part of the game is no longer important to them. Idk what has happened to society in general. More scoring in every league until defense doesn't matter. Do white people care about defense more, so that when less white people started watching the sport was given a green light to shift? That and most of the league has zero shot at ever winning a championship. At least in football all it takes is hiring the right people to put in management

i will watch curling and world championships of cornhole before watching 10 seconds of NBA.  Sad thing growing up I loved it..magic..bird...jordan..that jordan special really took me back.  I couldnt care any less about the nba now.

21 hours ago, jonmx said:

Pointing out just how stupidly wrong you are <<<  >>> Cryin'  ............HTH

Jon,

Meet Sho Nuff's brother from another mother.  Engage with him at your own risk.  RIsk of banging your head against a wall at his stupidity.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:53 AM, Old School said:

Your questions are fair- the game has changed. There is no defense and it’s basically a look at me shooting fest.

For many, the NBA is not enjoyable to watch.

Couple that with the league making it political-  And it’s even more unwatchable.

This is about where I'm at.  I've been slowly losing interest in the game over the last 10 years due to the rule and style changes of the game.  Now that they've gone completely woke I think I"m pretty much done with it.  I bet on a Nuggets game the other day so watched it.  It was very competitive through the third quarter.  Was essentially tied going in to the fourth.  I was getting ready for an exciting finish and hoping to win my bet.  But the head coach of the Nuggets opted to sit all his starters.  He conceded the game.  Fock that.  Pop started that but it's becoming more and more prevalent, and even Pop doesn't sit his players in the middle of a winnable game. 

Haven't watched a game since they broke off play in March.  Don't want politics mixed in with my sports.  They are free to be political if they choose but they'll do it without me.  Honestly I haven't missed it so it's not even so much I'm consciously trying to make a statement, it was just such a turn off I don't care anymore.

The NBA and MLB product just isnt good enough to warrant watching and caring about what feels like exhibition games. You call tell the players aren't really into it without the fans. If you follow international Soccer its the same. We'll see about the NFL, but I suspect the quality will be down also.

I keep seeing NBA and wanting to check it out because it is sports and then I remember they hate white people

21 hours ago, Strike said:

This is about where I'm at.  I've been slowly losing interest in the game over the last 10 years due to the rule and style changes of the game.  Now that they've gone completely woke I think I"m pretty much done with it.  I bet on a Nuggets game the other day so watched it.  It was very competitive through the third quarter.  Was essentially tied going in to the fourth.  I was getting ready for an exciting finish and hoping to win my bet.  But the head coach of the Nuggets opted to sit all his starters.  He conceded the game.  Fock that.  Pop started that but it's becoming more and more prevalent, and even Pop doesn't sit his players in the middle of a winnable game. 

Thats another thing. They don't play nearly as hard in the regular season so that they can milk the NBA for a few more years of pay. How can anyone support that?