Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

So..my covid story is not over

i tested positive august 7th.  Cleared quarantine no complications or so I thought.

So the other day...last thursday my arm starts going numb and my hand..the side of my face...scary as hell...even drooping.  

I go to the hospital.. get Mri and CT...turns out i had like 4 or 5 teeny strokes.  After the local community hospital releases me to follow ups I go to UPMC stroke center.  I was still having the periodic numbness.

They do another MRI put me in a room.  They want to do a TEE to check my heart in the back.  If you remember I was sick in may with afib and a hemoglobin of 7.  

That was fixed and the afib also corrected but I was still on eliquis.

They have to do a covid test...i test positive...but the health dept said you can test pos for up to 12 weeks.  I told them I had covid at the beginning but they missed it and locked me down in a covid ward...that sucks...huge blower fan no interaction..etc.

So short story...covid can cause hypercoagulation we may be the cause of my mini strokes.  

After 2 days they declared me cdc clear of covid...which I already was. But I am staying in isolation.

Tomorrow is TEE and they put me on a heparin drip and took me off my bp meds to increase blood velocity.  

So far my only affect is right hand first to fingers are weak and lack of dexterity...can still work my junk tho so I got that going for me.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

i tested positive august 7th.  Cleared quarantine no complications or so I thought.

So the other day...last thursday my arm starts going numb and my hand..the side of my face...scary as hell...even drooping.  

I go to the hospital.. get Mri and CT...turns out i had like 4 or 5 teeny strokes.  After the local community hospital releases me to follow ups I go to UPMC stroke center.  I was still having the periodic numbness.

They do another MRI put me in a room.  They want to do a TEE to check my heart in the back.  If you remember I was sick in may with afib and a hemoglobin of 7.  

That was fixed and the afib also corrected but I was still on eliquis.

They have to do a covid test...i test positive...but the health dept said you can test pos for up to 12 weeks.  I told them I had covid at the beginning but they missed it and locked me down in a covid ward...that sucks...huge blower fan no interaction..etc.

So short story...covid can cause hypercoagulation we may be the cause of my mini strokes.  

After 2 days they declared me cdc clear of covid...which I already was. But I am staying in isolation.

Tomorrow is TEE and they put me on a heparin drip and took me off my bp meds to increase blood velocity.  

So far my only affect is right hand first to fingers are weak and lack of dexterity...can still work my junk tho so I got that going for me.

Get well.  Can you wipe you ass ok?

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

yes..but the IV line is a tangle

26 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Sounds like someone is volunteering to step in and help? 

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They said the covid caused the stroke? 

No...they are still investigating..they have cases of it causing a thickening of the blood...they are running other tests.

15 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

No...they are still investigating..they have cases of it causing a thickening of the blood...they are running other tests.

Interesting. Good luck. 

38 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

That’s mighty White of you.

Why does it have to be "White"? Raciss! :mad:

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Try being less fat

Hello Mr. Pot!  :wave: 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I was reading that it wasn’t Covid itself but some of the treatments themselves that was causing coagulation. Of course, there’s SO much info out there and half of it isn’t true that we don’t really know what’s fact and what’s fiction at this point 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

I was reading that it wasn’t Covid itself but some of the treatments themselves that was causing coagulation. Of course, there’s SO much info out there and half of it isn’t true that we don’t really know what’s fact and what’s fiction at this point 

HCQ, zinc, Zpack

Been saying it for months

Eliquis is gonna get REAL expensive after the first 30 or 60 days. If the money on that is an issue for you Warfarin is dirt cheap and very effective although you do have to test your INR. You can do it at the Dr office or get the little Coagchek meter to test yourself weekly at home. Good luck man

9 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Afraid of changing cause you built your life around food. 

Look at the bright side,  you probably don't fall in the .006% category of people who have to worry about this thing killing them... and you're probably under 80 yrs old, right ? Make that .001% .

1 hour ago, lickin_starfish said:

**Breaking**: 53 year old fat man has stroke. News at 11.

my life in one sentence.. 😪