edjr

Bill Maher nails it AGAIN!

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Awesome clip, I look forward to Leftists coming in and telling us how he is wrong and this woke revolution is different.  Or are we still in the "it isn't happening" phase?  :dunno: 

Of course he's not wrong, especially the examples about college professors and the like.   

The modern left are todays useful idiots for the communist party which has infiltrated and taken over our institutions. FFS we had a CIA director that was once a member of the communist party.

1 minute ago, Dizkneelande said:

The modern left are todays useful idiots for the communist party which has infiltrated and taken over our institutions. FFS we had a CIA director that was once a member of the communist party.

I hope you are not teaching history anywhere.

Assuming you are talking about John Brennan:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/jul/19/ron-desantis/was-john-brennan-once-member-communist-party/

Ron DeSantis says John Brennan "was a member of the Communist Party during the Cold War"

[...]

Our ruling

Brennan has openly confirmed voting for a Communist Party candidate for president in 1976. But the DeSantis campaign did not provide evidence that he was a card-carrying party member, and we did not find any.

Voting for a particular candidate in a party does not make the voter a member of that party.

Because it contains an element of truth but twists facts to give a different impression, we rate this claim Mostly False.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Awesome clip, I look forward to Leftists coming in and telling us how he is wrong and this woke revolution is different.  Or are we still in the "it isn't happening" phase?  :dunno: 

Bill is wrong and this woke revolution is different.  

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Bill is wrong and this woke revolution is different.  

You missed the "how" part.  Otherwise good post, good effort.  :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, squistion said:

I hope you are not teaching history anywhere.

Assuming you are talking about John Brennan:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/jul/19/ron-desantis/was-john-brennan-once-member-communist-party/

Ron DeSantis says John Brennan "was a member of the Communist Party during the Cold War"

[...]

Our ruling

Brennan has openly confirmed voting for a Communist Party candidate for president in 1976. But the DeSantis campaign did not provide evidence that he was a card-carrying party member, and we did not find any.

Voting for a particular candidate in a party does not make the voter a member of that party.

Because it contains an element of truth but twists facts to give a different impression, we rate this claim Mostly False.

F-off with your politifact garbage. Guy admitted to voting for the commies.

4 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

F-off with your politifact garbage. Guy admitted to voting for the commies.

In case you happened to miss this from above:

It could be that he didn't like either Ford or Carter and at the time he simply viewed this simply as a protest vote against both candidates and the choices he was given by the two major parties.   

Just now, squistion said:

It could be that he didn't like either Ford or Carter and at the time he simply viewed this as a protest vote against both candidates and the choices the two major parties were giving him. 

You’re a special level of stupid. 

7 minutes ago, squistion said:

It could be that he didn't like either Ford or Carter and at the time he simply viewed this simply as a protest vote against both candidates and the choices he was given by the two major parties.   

Yeah, it’s just like a democrat deciding to vote for a Republican.  Just like that. 

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, it’s just like a democrat deciding to vote for a Republican.  Just like that. 

No, but if neither of the major party candidates are acceptable, casting a protest vote for some third party candidate is equivalent to saying "none of the above" rather than picking the lesser of two evils. And in this instance, Gus Hall didn't stand a chance of winning, anyway, so it is not like  Brennan's or anyone else's 3rd party candidate vote would make a difference in a presidential election.

Guys voting for the communist is just like a protest vote for the libertarian or green candidate. Holy crap the left is insane.

@squistion I noticed you didn’t respond to my update on Republicans creating Black history month why’s that? I thought you said I was historically illiterate?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Guys voting for the communist is just like a protest vote for the libertarian or green candidate. Holy crap the left is insane.

@squistion I noticed you didn’t respond to my update on Republicans creating Black history month why’s that? I thought you said I was historically illiterate?

What was there to respond to? That Gerald Ford was the first president U.S. president to officially designate the month of February as Black History Month? Yes, you can say a Republican did that but I don't it is correct to say it was created by Republicans. 

Here is historical context from Wiki:

United States: Black History Month (1970)

Black educators and Black United Students at Kent State University first proposed Black History Month in February 1969. The first celebration of Black History Month took place at Kent State a year later, from January 2 to February 28, 1970.[4]

Six years later, Black History Month was being celebrated all across the country in educational institutions, centers of Black culture, and community centers, both great and small, when President Gerald Ford recognized Black History Month in 1976, during the celebration of the United States Bicentennial. He urged Americans to "seize the opportunity to honor the too-often neglected accomplishments of Black Americans in every area of endeavor throughout our history".[17]

8 minutes ago, squistion said:

What was there to respond to? That Gerald Ford was the first president U.S. president to officially designate the month of February as Black History Month? Yes, you can say a Republican did that but I don't it is correct to say it was created by Republicans. 

Here is historical context from Wiki:

United States: Black History Month (1970)

Black educators and Black United Students at Kent State University first proposed Black History Month in February 1969. The first celebration of Black History Month took place at Kent State a year later, from January 2 to February 28, 1970.[4]

Six years later, Black History Month was being celebrated all across the country in educational institutions, centers of Black culture, and community centers, both great and small, when President Gerald Ford recognized Black History Month in 1976, during the celebration of the United States Bicentennial. He urged Americans to "seize the opportunity to honor the too-often neglected accomplishments of Black Americans in every area of endeavor throughout our history".[17]

I’m just going off the statement from the Smithsonian Institute unless you think they are lying. 

Freeing people is congruent with Republicans for the history of the nation.

The Republicans arose from the desire to fight against the racist Democrats, and it was the Republicans that worked to tear down the Democrat-driven segregation. 

The only real change is the Democrats now pretend to be the “ anti racist” party, all the while they continue to apply policies that are rather destructive to the AA community.

They have effectively managed a slight of hand to redirect hate about the plight of AA’s elsewhere, but outcomes matter, and no matter how much they pretend they continue to harm these people, without any shame

• Like 1

Watched the complete episode. Reuben Gallego, running for senate seat in Arizona is just as stupid as many of the libtards here. 

3 hours ago, squistion said:

good holy mama.  He VOTED for a communist!  could have left it blank but no, he voted COMMUNIST!

Squid:  protest vote. 

I know you are in the tank for everything left but good gxd man, get a grip.

53 minutes ago, shadrap said:

good holy mama.  He VOTED for a communist!  could have left it blank but no, he voted COMMUNIST!

Squid:  protest vote. 

I know you are in the tank for everything left but good gxd man, get a grip.

Dude, it was a meaningless protest vote. That was the sum total of his Communist Party Membership. Sheesh.

Bill Maher nails it again ?  Are you sh!ttting me ? 

There used to be at least 1 Republican sympathizer on the panel to have good arguments .. lately none. 

And New Rules used to make me laugh my azz off.  Yesterday, I don't think I even cracked a smile.  Hell, the audience wasn't even sure when to laugh. 

If Bill wants to remain relevant, he needs to find a new schtick. 

19 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

There used to be at least 1 Republican sympathizer on the panel to have good arguments .. lately none. 

And New Rules used to make me laugh my azz off.  Yesterday, I don't think I even cracked a smile.  Hell, the audience wasn't even sure when to laugh. 

You and the audience didn't laugh because of cognitive dissonance.  That being said, he may not remain relevant to your current version of the Red Guard.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

He’a already trying to stay relevant by pivoting to a new audience. The question is: Was it a coincidence that it happened right around the time that the Discovery/WarnerMedia merger was announced? Knowing that your show is about to be bundled alongside Naked and Afraid and Deadliest Catch you might make you rethink who you’re trying to appeal to. :lol: 

17 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You and the audience didn't laugh because of cognitive dissonance.  That being said, he may not remain relevant to your current version of the Red Guard.

Can we find a new word du jour?

43 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm pretty sure you're confusing me with somebody who knows what the fuk you're talking about.

30 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

He’a already trying to stay relevant by pivoting to a new audience. The question is: Was it a coincidence that it happened right around the time that the Discovery/WarnerMedia merger was announced? Knowing that your show is about to be bundled alongside Naked and Afraid and Deadliest Catch you might make you rethink who you’re trying to appeal to. :lol: 

So he doesn't have a point, he's just jonesing for a new audience, amirite?!

28 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Can we find a new word du jour?

I suppose maybe.  Let's start with you refuting any one of my earlier assertions of Leftists struggling with it, since you've made no such attempts.  :cheers: 

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So he doesn't have a point, he's just jonesing for a new audience, amirite?!

I suppose maybe.  Let's start with you refuting any one of my earlier assertions of Leftists struggling with it, since you've made no such attempts.  :cheers: 

Not sure jonesing would be the correct term to use there, but hey, you do you. I would call it a good business decision. 

Why would being sick of seeing you over use a phrase require me to refute any of your assertions? I’m not arguing against or for any of them. Just stating something that stood out. :cheers: 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Not sure jonesing would be the correct term to use there, but hey, you do you. I would call it a good business decision. 

Why would being sick of seeing you over use a phrase require me to refute any of your assertions? I’m not arguing against or for any of them. Just stating something that stood out. :cheers: 

Nice word vomit. :cheers:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Do you watch the show?  I'm not sure how it's changed much besides the final New Rule being aimed at wokeness a lot in post-Trump years.  

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Watched the complete episode. Reuben Gallego, running for senate seat in Arizona is just as stupid as many of the libtards here. 

I was kind of shocked when they were talking about how we shouldn't have kept kids home from school because COVID doesn't affect them and he said "but it does affect teachers because they are adults". Bill had the obvious answer of "if a teacher is immunocompromised, then they should stay home". Nobody really talks about COVID anymore so I just kind of assumed theres a general understanding that keeping kids home from school was an overraction and damaging to kids. It was a good reminder that some people are unwilling to admit when they're wrong. I had a similar reaction when I followed Taylor Lorenz on Twitter. I always knew she was crazy but holy sh!t it was disturbing how much she doesn't want COVID to ever end.

18 hours ago, squistion said:

Could be

Interesting third party choices that year including Eugene McCarthy, Lester Maddox, and Lyndon LaRouche.  Maybe Gus Hall was not such a radical protest vote.  Still, wasn't Pat Paulson running?  Wasn't he set up to be the protest vote?

I remember being approached on campus by an extremely hot Lyndon LaRouche supporter.  She wanted to recruit me to come to some rally.  I wanted to recruit her to let me in to her pants.  While walking back to my apartment she kept on with her spiel on LaRouche.  I had to cut her loose before we got to my place. To an extent I could overlook her beliefs for her hotness, but her beliefs were extreme and she just wouldnt shut up.  I shocked myself and chose my dignity and my beliefs over my johnson.

16 hours ago, RLLD said:

Freeing people is congruent with Republicans for the history of the nation.

The Republicans arose from the desire to fight against the racist Democrats, and it was the Republicans that worked to tear down the Democrat-driven segregation. 

The only real change is the Democrats now pretend to be the “ anti racist” party, all the while they continue to apply policies that are rather destructive to the AA community.

They have effectively managed a slight of hand to redirect hate about the plight of AA’s elsewhere, but outcomes matter, and no matter how much they pretend they continue to harm these people, without any shame

All the Democrats did with AA was move them from a physical plantation to a virtual one.

Yes already posted. worth reposting.

That one is fantastic....   nice post ed

I think I missed this one when it came out, another great one, love the Rittenhouse reference

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think I missed this one when it came out, another great one, love the Rittenhouse reference

This is one of the times that I really disagreed with him - mostly the specifics about mass shooters and his little pie chart.   

I do agree with the larger picture that our country does have an obsession with violence, or if not an obssession at least an acceptance of it.   Just look no further than parents reaction to nudity vs. violence in movies with their kids.  

20 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

This is one of the times that I really disagreed with him - mostly the specifics about mass shooters and his little pie chart.   

I do agree with the larger picture that our country does have an obsession with violence, or if not an obssession at least an acceptance of it.   Just look no further than parents reaction to nudity vs. violence in movies with their kids.  

I read his monologue a little differently; though I do understand your point.

To me this was him highlighting the hypocrisy of the holier than thou folks in Hollywood....but it is easily extended into just about any area of liberal thought. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I read his monologue a little differently; though I do understand your point.

To me this was him highlighting the hypocrisy of the holier than thou folks in Hollywood....but it is easily extended into just about any area of liberal thought. 

Dammit, I guess I should rewatch - I could be mixing up his New Rules.     I know there were two back to back a bit ago I didn't like, and one was because of his bad info on mass shooters.  

No, it's the one I was thinking of:

Good:  Yes, like you said the hypocrisy of screaming about guns and their evils and making movies with crap tons of guns.  Also like I said, the acceptance of it as our culture, especially when juxtaposed with our feelings on nudity.  

Bad:  That chart and reasons we have mass shootings is junk.   But when I say that it's more the traditional mass shooter like he pictured, I guess there could be that cultural element spilling over to the streets as we handle our business with guns.  

His last sentence is just more evidence that the Left is moving further left in order to create more right-wing "extremists".