Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Taysom Hill, if he ends up being the starting quarterback?

My league not going to allow playing him somewhere other than QB.  I'm perfectly fine with it.  League scoring gives 6 pts for every TD, including QB so that is the highest scoring position usually.  My league is a group of buddies who are reasonable.  I'm okay with their decision.

Wow what a uptick for those that picked him up, congrats , and good luck. 

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

This is your thread; a more apt analogy would have you on the pitcher's mound with a chance to strike out Axe Elf.

Nah, you can strike out on your own.  I am enjoying hitting bombs off your comments.

I will agree with you on one comment, it will make it interesting this Sunday.

Plus, I have always believed that this forum is about inside info or situations that can help our fftoday members. I have done it on many occasions.

Examples

The L.Bell holdout, and get Connor.

This year,

CEH as a bust

Now T. Hill as TE/QB

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

This is your thread; a more apt analogy would have you on the pitcher's mound with a chance to strike out Axe Elf.

I think this is the most 2020 way to handle it--give us one weekend of chaos and disappointment before fixing the problem.

Almost makes me wish I had some ESPN leagues, just for the entertainment factor.

Have they ever removed eligibility before though?

50 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

Nah, you can strike out on your own.  I am enjoying hitting bombs off your comments.

Hey, just thought I would help you hone your analogy.  If you prefer an awkward and technically inaccurate metaphor, well, I guess it's your wet dream, you can dress me up however you like.

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Does it matter?

42 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Hey, just thought I would help you hone your analogy.  If you prefer an awkward and technically inaccurate metaphor, well, I guess it's your wet dream, you can dress me up however you like.

Does it matter?

Just wondering if there was precedence.   As I said earlier, this is pretty much exactly what happened with Joe Webb awhile back and pretty sure his wasn't changed (edit: although can't remember what site(s) that was).

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

They're not for this week at least.

They said they would re assess for week 12 though, so I would imagine it's a one week thing

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

They're not for this week at least.

They said they would re assess for week 12 though, so I would imagine it's a one week thing

I know, was just curious if they’ve ever done it before

If i remember correctly, one of the last times something like this happened was Ty Montgomery when he had wr eligibility on espn. Then Green Bay used him as a starting rb, but he kept wr eligibility all year. They didnt just take it away. They dont do it in baseball either. A guy comes into the season with a 3b designation but he starts playing first the whole season. They take away the 3b eligibility the next year but not in the middle of a season. I’d say kudos to those of you who had thr foresight to make thr pick up. The ones who are mad dont have him. 

19 hours ago, jrokh said:

you are too funny...

So is he really taking “all” the starting reps in practice?

Is it possible Payton pulls a Craig Counsell and “starts” Hill but takes him out after a couple plays?

21 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I think this is the most 2020 way to handle it--give us one weekend of chaos and disappointment before fixing the problem.

Almost makes me wish I had some ESPN leagues, just for the entertainment factor.

You want to get 4.16 points? go ahead bro lol 

If I remember correctly, wasn’t Marcus Colston (coincidentally also on the Saints) designated WR and TE on some ff websites? I think he had that designation on Yahoo and they kept it that way all year. 

20 minutes ago, pee-diddy said:

If I remember correctly, wasn’t Marcus Colston (coincidentally also on the Saints) designated WR and TE on some ff websites? I think he had that designation on Yahoo and they kept it that way all year. 

Yes, geniuses at Yahoo bought online rumors that Colston would be a backup TE project. Colston had one of the best rookie WR seasons ever.

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

So is he really taking “all” the starting reps in practice?

Is it possible Payton pulls a Craig Counsell and “starts” Hill but takes him out after a couple plays?

possible? definitely. Payton likes shenanigans...

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Does it matter?

Are you know insinuating that you want to be in a dress and called Sally? Didn’t know you swing that way but, that’s cool. I don’t have any interest in that kind of stuff. To each their own. AxeSally.

walkoff....

14 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I know, was just curious if they’ve ever done it before

I've been playing on ESPN since they started and I can't remember it ever happening.

About the only players I remember though that had dual positions were RB/WR though. Those never changed. I think because it was usually somebody like Tavon Austin who wasn't a big play any way.

Don't ever remember a situation where you could start a QB at TE or any other positon for that matter.

We're in uncharted territory.

41 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I've been playing on ESPN since they started and I can't remember it ever happening.

About the only players I remember though that had dual positions were RB/WR though. Those never changed. I think because it was usually somebody like Tavon Austin who wasn't a big play any way.

Don't ever remember a situation where you could start a QB at TE or any other positon for that matter.

We're in uncharted territory.

Again, Joe Webb.  Pretty sure he helped some people win leagues

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Again, Joe Webb.  Pretty sure he helped some people win leagues

It didn't in any of my leagues, but I'm sure it did in some

2 hours ago, justforbeer said:

Are you know insinuating that you want to be in a dress and called Sally? Didn’t know you swing that way but, that’s cool. I don’t have any interest in that kind of stuff. To each their own. AxeSally.

Please keep your sexual fantasies regarding Axe Elf to yourself.

Feel free to share your FOOTBALL related fantasies regarding Axe Elf at your leisure, however.

1 hour ago, Food Blister said:

He's still a TE on Fanduel. Obvously I'm starting him at TE to get QB points.

I'm sure that's a popular play this week

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I'm not actually sure you can discount Payton skrewing with the falcs (and everyone else) and starting or playing Winston. 

Definitely could happen. Hammering Hank Goldberg said he expects Winston will play most of the game after the first series... Still as a TE, what are you really risking?

• Like 1

Saints QB Taysom Hill's stats from the 2019 preseason:

1 vs. Vikings | 8/14 for 80, 1 TD, 1 INT. 6-45 rush

2 @ Chargers | 11/15 for 136, 2 TDs. 5-53 rush

3 @ Jets | 8/13 for 127. 2-15 rush

4 vs. Dolphins | 13/17 for 100. 5-35 rush

TP

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Definitely could happen. Hammering Hank Goldberg said he expects Winston will play most of the game after the first series... Still as a TE, what are you really risking?

Oh nothing, I'd start him, Hill has been on the uptick anyway. Payton likes midseason wrinkles and I think he was already working Hill in as a RB3. 

I picked him up this week, started him at TE, a few of my fellow owners are claiming foul ... anyone else getting fallout ?  In my neighborhood league, another team picked him up, started him, no complaints.  

How is it foul. If he would have busted nobody would have said a word...meh. Congrats to anyone who had the balls to start him. I could not have done it unless I was extremely desperate. IMO he should never have been a TE since his official position is QB. I still don't understand that aspect but rules are rules. If a league accepted it before the game it's really nothing but raw emotions at that point.

I don’t see what the argument is.  He’s currently eligible as a TE, end of story (no I don’t have him).  If ESPN thinks it’s unfair then they’ll change it.

On 11/18/2020 at 7:24 PM, stonewall said:

Ideal, indeed.

Lol indeed. 

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t see what the argument is.  He’s currently eligible as a TE, end of story (no I don’t have him).  If ESPN thinks it’s unfair then they’ll change it.

So you're in favor of unfair advantages, so long as they're "legal" according to the tool you're using??

26 minutes ago, Jedi Sensei said:

So you're in favor of unfair advantages, so long as they're "legal" according to the tool you're using??

Yes, I'm in favor of any "legal" advantage or technicality that helps me win weeks. Using players with dual-designations, in either of the positions that they are designated for by the host site, is not unethical....in fact, it's happened several times over the course of the last few years. It's part of the game of FF that occurs from time to time. 

However, I respectfully disagree with your characterization of it being "unfair".  ESPN set the parameters, and Hill was available in most all leagues at some point or another for any owner to take a flier on. Is it an "unfair" advantage when an NFL coach has his QB target a defensive back that appears hobbled on the field? Of course not...it's simple gamesmanship, and you play to win the game. 

22 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

MORAL:  If you play for money on ESPN rather than Yahoo, you deserve what you get.

Were you able to trot Fells out today?

8 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Were you able to trot Fells out today?

Ebron and Schultz, mostly, but I had Hurst in two; hopefully it won't matter.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Ebron and Schultz, mostly, but I had Hurst in two; hopefully it won't matter.

Schultz has been a pleasant surprise. Had Hurst going in one non-ppr league myself. Started over Cooks. Cost me .6 points 

Hill in one ESPN league, and Goedert in another 2. 

Managed my first 4-fer-4 week in a while, regardless. Herbert and Theilen bailed me out of my Hurst zero.