Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Taysom Hill, if he ends up being the starting quarterback?

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Ray_T said:

:thumbsup:This.

but ESPN should know better.  TE?  Really? 

I think you gotta grab him off waivers just in case he does play.  if he does, you plug him in at TE and you are off to the races,

lol

Might be a pretty short race.

I'm not in any ESPN leagues this year, but if I was, I would have a lot of sport with that one team in every league that gets 3.6 points from their TE position this week after noticing that Taysom Hill was listed as a TE.

Too funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Yeah, going off history no freakin way you can start him. Payton can't have his only two QB's on the field like that. Coach does some crazy stuff but he ain't that crazy. 

Fair point that this may be happen but I don’t think I’d call it “crazy.”  The chances of 2 QB’s getting hurt in the same game is pretty low, and they could always dress a 3rd QB.   If the assumption is Winston is worse than Brees, one would think they may want Hill’s involvement to make up for what they’re losing with Brees.

Regardless, he’s definitely worth an add for the chance he becomes the full time QB in which case he’s probably a top 2 TE. Have they even named a starter yet?  And there’s also a chance he gets more involved even if Winston is the starter.  

Shouldn’t be started this weekend though, I agree (unless he is named QB).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather go with Deonte Harris. PB returner/WR and super fast. Anytime he touches the ball he has a shot to break one. If Winston can hit him in stride he's taking it to the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I'd rather go with Deonte Harris. PB returner/WR and super fast. Anytime he touches the ball he has a shot to break one. If Winston can hit him in stride he's taking it to the house.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.  Just ask DeSean Jackson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I know my Saints. Deonte Harris will be money this week. T. Hill no.

Oh, I don't doubt you know the Saints, but I think I have a little more experience with Jameis Winston than you do... which sadly is better for you than me.  😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, I don't doubt you know the Saints, but I think I have a little more experience with Jameis Winston than you do... which sadly is better for you than me.  😩

So wouldn't that mean that Hill might become the QB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So wouldn't that mean that Hill might become the QB?

No.  Hill isn't an NFL QB.  He's a talented athlete who is very versatile, nothing more.

 

If you want to start Hill, go for it.  I'm all for people taking gambles on players like Hill, once in a while.  But if you think that Hill is going to all of a sudden become a fantasy gem, then you're barking up the wrong tree.  Hill is a last resort at QB for the Saints, not solid option.  History has shown us (just last year), that his use was less with Bridgewater than Brees.  Heck, even this year, his playing time is less than with Brees last year.  It'll be no different this year.  As @FlyinHeadlock mentioned on the last page, the Saints - at this point in time - only have 2 QB's... they're certainly not going to increase the playing time of both of them to increase their injury potential.  Hill is more likely to see less of the field than more, now that Winston is playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No.  Hill isn't an NFL QB.  He's a talented athlete who is very versatile, nothing more.

 

If you want to start Hill, go for it.  I'm all for people taking gambles on players like Hill, once in a while.  But if you think that Hill is going to all of a sudden become a fantasy gem, then you're barking up the wrong tree.  Hill is a last resort at QB for the Saints, not solid option.  History has shown us (just last year), that his use was less with Bridgewater than Brees.  Heck, even this year, his playing time is less than with Brees last year.  It'll be no different this year.  As @FlyinHeadlock mentioned on the last page, the Saints - at this point in time - only have 2 QB's... they're certainly not going to increase the playing time of both of them to increase their injury potential.  Hill is more likely to see less of the field than more, now that Winston is playing.

So you don't think there's much chance that Hill becomes the QB at some point this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

lol

Might be a pretty short race.

I'm not in any ESPN leagues this year, but if I was, I would have a lot of sport with that one team in every league that gets 3.6 points from their TE position this week after noticing that Taysom Hill was listed as a TE.

Too funny.

Read the thread title. It’s not about his stats so far bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nospk said:

It’s not about his stats so far bro

Past performance is the best predictor we have of future performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So you don't think there's much chance that Hill becomes the QB at some point this year?

I think there's always a chance he becomes the QB, but at that point I expect ESPN will yank his TE designation, thus removing any reason to put him in a lineup. His only real value is if he happens to get a lot of work at QB while being in your TE slot. Not saying I wouldn't give it a try, if your playing the typical TE carousel anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Past performance is the best predictor we have of future performance.

Unless the starting qb goes down and raises the odds in his favor significantly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boilerddd said:

I think there's always a chance he becomes the QB, but at that point I expect ESPN will yank his TE designation, thus removing any reason to put him in a lineup. His only real value is if he happens to get a lot of work at QB while being in your TE slot. Not saying I wouldn't give it a try, if your playing the typical TE carousel anyway. 

Is there any precedence of ESPN removing position eligibility midseason? (Honest question)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nospk said:

Unless the starting qb goes down and raises the odds in his favor significantly 

Well, I would point out that the starting qb HAS gone down, and the odds still have not been raised significantly in Hill's favor, but I guess it's a lesson only time can teach you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

So you don't think there's much chance that Hill becomes the QB at some point this year?

0.0%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nospk said:

To be clear, I think he will take snaps under center.  I don't think his role will in that respect will change.  Will he throw a couple more passes?  Sure, he might.  But an increase of 0.5 pass attempts per game to 2 or 3... isn't all that major.  As I mentioned above, an increase in pass attempts will not increase his chance for more fantasy points.  In fact, I'd argue it hurts him as it's easier and fast to accrue fantasy points via the ground than through the air.

He's averaging 4 rush attempts and 1 pass target per game... producing 4.3 points per game (0.87 points per touch).  If he throws the ball 3 times and that comes from his 5 rushing/receiving snaps, then he's clearly going to generate less points.  On top of that, if he throws for a 8 yard TD, that'll yield him 4.32 points.  Great.  But, had he run that in instead, he'd have gotten 6.8 points.  Simply, him passing more and running/catching less, will yield less production.

Also, as of right now, they only have Winston and Hill on their active roster.  If Winston gets hurt, Hill is their guy, so it makes sense for him to start getting more time under center.  Winston doesn't need as much as he was a starter for the last 5 year.

If you're going to hang your hat on grabbing Hill in case Winston gets hurt, then go for it, but that's the only way Hill gets a meaningful amount of snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

To be clear, I think he will take snaps under center.  I don't think his role will in that respect will change.  Will he throw a couple more passes?  Sure, he might.  But an increase of 0.5 pass attempts per game to 2 or 3... isn't all that major.  As I mentioned above, an increase in pass attempts will not increase his chance for more fantasy points.  In fact, I'd argue it hurts him as it's easier and fast to accrue fantasy points via the ground than through the air.

He's averaging 4 rush attempts and 1 pass target per game... producing 4.3 points per game (0.87 points per touch).  If he throws the ball 3 times and that comes from his 5 rushing/receiving snaps, then he's clearly going to generate less points.  On top of that, if he throws for a 8 yard TD, that'll yield him 4.32 points.  Great.  But, had he run that in instead, he'd have gotten 6.8 points.  Simply, him passing more and running/catching less, will yield less production.

Also, as of right now, they only have Winston and Hill on their active roster.  If Winston gets hurt, Hill is their guy, so it makes sense for him to start getting more time under center.  Winston doesn't need as much as he was a starter for the last 5 year.

If you're going to hang your hat on grabbing Hill in case Winston gets hurt, then go for it, but that's the only way Hill gets a meaningful amount of snaps.

you are too funny...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hill will start Sunday's divisional matchup against the Falcons, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Spin: Though Jameis Winston filled in for an injured Drew Brees (chest) midway through last weekend's win over the 49ers, Hill has since received all of New Orleans' No.1 reps in practice. The versatile signal-caller is now on track to draw his first career start against the Falcons, while Winston serves as his backup. Schefter also notes that Winston won't be involved in any portion of the Saints' offensive gameplan, a hint that the team doesn't foresee the possibility of making any sort of mid-game switch. Hill has only completed 10 passes in his career, but he seems destined to surpass that mark on Sunday while commanding New Orleans' offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John Fox said:

Hill will start Sunday's divisional matchup against the Falcons, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Spin: Though Jameis Winston filled in for an injured Drew Brees (chest) midway through last weekend's win over the 49ers, Hill has since received all of New Orleans' No.1 reps in practice. The versatile signal-caller is now on track to draw his first career start against the Falcons, while Winston serves as his backup. Schefter also notes that Winston won't be involved in any portion of the Saints' offensive gameplan, a hint that the team doesn't foresee the possibility of making any sort of mid-game switch. Hill has only completed 10 passes in his career, but he seems destined to surpass that mark on Sunday while commanding New Orleans' offense.

I hope this happens because if it does, it's a guarantee that the Saints lose big.  I have a hard time believing though that when the Saints are down 21-0, that they don't make a switch.  If Hill stays in, I'm guessing that the Saints run the ball 40+ times and hope the defense keeps the game close.  Hill may throw the ball 15 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would the Saints let this information out to the media if this is true?

I even heard Charlie Weiss on NFL radio say that when working under Parcells, if he ever let out info like this to the media he would have been fired instantly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know who my starting TE is this week!  😆😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the good news is that Michael Thomas shouldn't do any worse with a TE throwing him the ball, than he has with Brees!

Looks like only a one-week stint with a TE designation in ESPN.....but should be a fun one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Axe elf & Tbay at the mound....

As I point to the stands, they throw their fastball (at a screaming 60mph) and I crush it over the stands.

 

I will point out, I’m not guaranteeing that Hill is going to have a monster game but there’s opportunity this week and I predicted it.

I may put this on my shelf with the James Connor prediction years ago.  If he does have a big game, that would be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just grabbed Hill in my ESPN league.  I have Logan Thomas as my TE, vs. Cincy, in an actually good matchup.

 

Looks like I'll have to watch the Sunday FOX pre-game show, to confirm what's going on with Hill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im starting Hill as my TE.. lawl

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Wikipedia:

Collegiate statistics

Season Team GP Passing Rushing
Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Rtg Att Yds Avg TD
Career 37 609 1047 58.2 6,929 6.6 43 31 121.4 534 2,815 5.3 32
2012 BYU 6 42 71 59.2 425 6.0 4 2 122.4 55 336 6.1 4
2013 BYU 13 236 438 53.9 2,938 6.7 19 14 118.1 246 1344 5.5 10
2014 BYU 5 88 132 66.7 975 7.4 7 3 141.7 87 460 5.3 8
2015 BYU 1 21 34 61.8 268 7.9 1 1 131.8 9 72 8.0 2
2016 BYU 12 222 372 59.7 2323 6.2 12 11 116.9 137 603 4.4 8

 

Not impressive as a thrower..  New Orleans might set an NFL record for rushing attempts this weekend!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

If anyone starts Taysom Hill you have serious balls of steel for FF. I'm rooting for you !

I've got him as my starting TE, lol

A starting QB vs a waiver wire TE, easy call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

Axe elf & Tbay at the mound....

As I point to the stands, they throw their fastball (at a screaming 60mph) and I crush it over the stands.

This is your thread; a more apt analogy would have you on the pitcher's mound with a chance to strike out Axe Elf.

9 minutes ago, stonewall said:

"Mike Clay - As we've noted throughout the week, Taysom Hill will retain TE eligibility against Atlanta and we will re-evaluate for future weeks once Week 11 concludes"

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1329809249619283971?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I think this is the most 2020 way to handle it--give us one weekend of chaos and disappointment before fixing the problem.

Almost makes me wish I had some ESPN leagues, just for the entertainment factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

makes my decision of golladay or marvin easier.  They both out, Hill in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all you daily players. Taysom is listed as TE on fanduel at the minimum salary ($4500). Keep it on the low down...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta is an excellent match up too.

They're ranked 32nd against QBs in my league.

So a big game, certainly by TE standards, a real possibility

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

If anyone starts Taysom Hill you have serious balls of steel for FF. I'm rooting for you !

A TE that touches the ball on every play?  I'll risk it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×