Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Girl commentators

Why is there an over-flooding of women/girls pretending to be experts on football? HEY, if you’ve never played the game don’t tell me what you tho l. Football is a man’s game and only men (cheerleaders are cool though) should be announcers or commentators.

• Thanks 1

I think that's mainly ESPN. It's one thing to have a regular show host who is a female, but one that actually talks about the game like they have some sort of expertise, that's crazy!

I feel about the same way for male "experts" who have never played.

Basketball is even worse, lol

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Its 2020 - welcome to WOKENESS. 

A+

BTW: Why don't they show women's bowling and/or pool/billiards anymore ?

Some of those ladies were hotter than Georgia asphalt!

• Like 3

That Doris lady in the NBA is well respected.

I haven't noticed women commentators in the NFL.  Mainly sideline reporters or talking in cozy chairs with ex-NFL guys who don't prepare but just talk out of their butts.

Women can't be any worse than some of the guys we have now.

And Doris Burke is good in the NBA.

• Like 1

Seems to be a pretty sexist comment, no?

If they can talk about the sport that they are announcing and do it with intelligence and be interesting, then there is absolutely zero issue with a woman in the broadcast booth...

59 minutes ago, nobody said:

Women can't be any worse than some of the guys we have now.

And Doris Burke is good in the NBA.

Holy moly give me Doris Burke over Joe freaking Buck any day.  I want to punch him so badly.

Mina Kimes is the one that annoys me.  She's always saying, "wow what an amazing play by defender X!"  Then I go look at the play because I like amazing plays and all, and it's some linebacker backpedalling two steps and the quarterback throwing the ball directly into the guy's chest for an interception.  I mean, congrats for not falling for whatever fake you were supposed to fall for and all, but these plays aren't that amazing.

25 minutes ago, nobody said:

Mina Kimes is the one that annoys me.  She's always saying, "wow what an amazing play by defender X!"  Then I go look at the play because I like amazing plays and all, and it's some linebacker backpedalling two steps and the quarterback throwing the ball directly into the guy's chest for an interception.  I mean, congrats for not falling for whatever fake you were supposed to fall for and all, but these plays aren't that amazing.

Nothing wrong with trying to keep someone awake during a boring game.

58 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Tony Romo is at the top of my “mute the TV” list

Romo is the best there ever was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Joe freaking Buck.  I want to punch him so badly.

God yes! Left-right-boot

I hate all of them. I used to like Aikman until he started to try and act like Romo. Take a breath man. Moose Johnson is another one. He never shuts up. 

Speaking of Joe Buck, what I don't get is why there aren't more female play-by-play people.  That's not as hard of a job as thinking of something insightful about a play and conveying it in 30 seconds.  

ESPN IS OWNED BY DISNEY, HENCE THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.  MOST MEDIA OUTLETS LEAN WAY LEFT... HOPEFULLY THEY'LL PRESERVE OUR FOOTBALL BUT I WOULDN'T BET ON IT. BE READY FOR ANNOUNCERS WITH BLUE AND PINK HAIR WITH NO EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER IN FOOTBALL BUT THEY'VE MOVED UP THE RANKS WITHIN THE LIBERAL MEDIA.  I NEED TO THROW UP... AND IT'S NO COINCIDENCE WHAT HAPPENED AT VANDY LAST WEEKEND, YES, SHE TRULY DESERVED PLAYER OF THE WEEK... REALLY ?  

• Like 2

Why during the week for Monday Thursday games prefer radio commentators.

joe buck

All thumbs down

I agree with you, it’s probably gonna get worse. And what I initially meant was women announcing games and hosting football shows where she has 2-4 men as her puppets, acting as if she knows as much as them. Sideline girls are okay where they ask the coach a question on the way to 1/2 time locker room or after game, just don’t tell me what you think, because it’s a woman’s opinion on something she’s never done.

On 12/3/2020 at 9:09 PM, easilyscan said:

A+

BTW: Why don't they show women's bowling and/or pool/billiards anymore ?

Some of those ladies were hotter than Georgia asphalt!

Oh yes, that Asian woman they used to show playing pool on ESPN back in the day, she was smoking hot!

Can't remember her real name but I think they called her the Black Widow

• Like 1

. Every team has cheerleaders. Why if you’re not going to show them?

American marketing professionals know women spend more of the discretionary and other funds than men.  So almost all media content is ‘curated’ in that direction 

Thankfully this hasn’t reached UFC just yet

Okay ok I gotta tell you guys-the Russian women’s curling team (Olympics)-holy cr@p, especially the one that yelled something like “vleeze, vleeze”, smoking’ hot.

I’m sure they are told what to say.  Plus I’d rather see a hot woman than Some ex football player.  Just keep the women out of the announcing booth and it’s fine.

I don't really care who the commentator is as long as they know what they are talking about. Which would dq most people on this forum, myself included.

Aikman is good when its a game he wants to see. If its not a game he's interested in he sucks. 

Wait.  You can't tell me all of you fùckers played football and you fools never stop talking about it.

23 minutes ago, nobody said:

Wait.  You can't tell me all of you fùckers played football and you fools never stop talking about it.

I don't think any of us are getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars or more to talk about it on TV

3 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I don't think any of us are getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars or more to talk about it on TV

BOOM!

12 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Wait.  FFToday doesn't pay you to post here?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, nobody said:

I donate my FFToday salary to charity.........lol

21 minutes ago, nobody said:

You mean, they're not paying you? 🤣

12 minutes ago, polecatt said:

You mean, they're not paying you? 🤣

I'm barely breaking 6 figures, but my performance review is coming up.  Fingers crossed.

Now that you mention it, you'd expect an on-air personality to come up with original content to an extent.  Not many people here do that.  I think most of what gets posted here that would qualify as analysis is lifted from other media content.  Except me, of course.  Mike pays me to bring the exclusive content.

21 minutes ago, nobody said:

Now that you mention it, you'd expect an on-air personality to come up with original content to an extent.  Not many people here do that.  I think most of what gets posted here that would qualify as analysis is lifted from other media content.  Except me, of course.  Mike pays me to bring the exclusive content.

He’s over paying you. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 6:47 PM, huskyhater75 said:

Why is there an over-flooding of women/girls pretending to be experts on football? HEY, if you’ve never played the game don’t tell me what you tho l. Football is a man’s game and only men (cheerleaders are cool though) should be announcers or commentators.

Most of them are more articulate than the former players and coaches the networks tend to use. It is painful to listen to their “commentary” every week.

6 hours ago, dogcows said:

Most of them are more articulate than the former players and coaches the networks tend to use. It is painful to listen to their “commentary” every week.

The only place for them is sideline interviews-a quick question at halftime or quick question or two after the game. They offer no knowledge/experience at all. The worst one is Good Morning Football, it’s a joke.