Rusty Syringes

[** Official President Joe Biden Thread **]

If you don't see what's going on here, you are part of the problem. People better wake up by November. The future of our democracy is on the line.

Just now, Reality said:

If you don't see what's going on here, you are part of the problem. People better wake up by November. The future of our democracy is on the line.

They don’t care. They have forgotten what it means to be an American. They are the same people that embrace cancel culture.  

I mean... He's not all there, how long can we continue to ignore this?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Doing the Biden robot again.  He's getting really good at it. 

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

The A team. Biden , Schumer, Pelosi and some tokens. 

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Doing the Biden robot again.  He's getting really good at it. 

Jfc. We gotta get to Nov and neutralize this shitshow.

Prices of online goods dropped by 1% year-over-year and 2% month-over-month in July.

That is the first time the price of online goods has dropped since June 2020.

Another harbinger that maybe the recession will not hit us. 

24 minutes ago, Reality said:

Fat Albert is a sweaty mess. 
I like how Biden flawlessly raises his hand from going for the 2nd handshake to rubbing his Covid ridden mouth. 

18 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Jfc. We gotta get to Nov and neutralize this shitshow.

Not sure we can wait that long. That damage that is being done, while Biden is oblivious, may be insurmountable.

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Prices of online goods dropped by 1% year-over-year and 2% month-over-month in July.

Gas is down 50 cents a gallon too. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Gas is down 50 cents a gallon too. 

Are you going to argue that the price of online goods going down finally is a bad thing?

28 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

They are selling off excess inventory because people are buying less.

17 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

They are selling off excess inventory because people are buying less.

So you are going to argue that online prices dropping for the first time in 2 years is a bad sign?

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So you are going to argue that online prices dropping for the first time in 2 years is a bad sign?

I am saying it is not a good sign like you are claiming. It is part of the inflationary cycle that ends in Recession.

12 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I am saying it is not a good sign like you are claiming. It is part of the inflationary cycle that ends in Recession.

I said a few days ago I'm sure we will hit a recession. I'm just interested to see how long it can be pushed off. If it gets pushed off long enough we might get around it. 

!

16 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I said a few days ago I'm sure we will hit a recession. I'm just interested to see how long it can be pushed off. If it gets pushed off long enough we might get around it. 

It has never worked that way, the latest examples is the 1970s.

18 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

When will we know we are in one? 

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

!

It has never worked that way, the latest examples is the 1970s.

Again- I said we will still most likely hit a recession....not sure what else you want. Apparently to argue for the sake of arguing?

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

We aren't yet. There will be signs of it when we hit it. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

So there isn’t an actual definition of a recession then? What are the signs? 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Again- I said we will still most likely hit a recession....not sure what else you want. Apparently to argue for the sake of arguing?

You are the one arguing. You said “If it gets pushed off long enough we might get around it” I was responding to this because that has never happen before.

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The signs are already there by the historical definition.

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think it's when Mooney says we are in one? That seems the route he is taking with this whole thing. :dunno:

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

I think it's when Mooney says we are in one? That seems the route he is taking with this whole thing. :dunno:

Seems that way. He could at least tell us the signs. Must be looking for a link. 

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There are signs and you'll be let know when they happen.  Geez.

30 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The signs are already there by the historical definition.

We are in a technical recession according to historical standards but it is rare for job growth to happen during recessions (7 of the last 7 saw massive job losses.)

There are signs we are and signs we are not and economic experts consensus is essentially....maybe. 

• Confused 1

You guys want a hard and fast "yes/no" answer and that is not the way this stuff works.

Case in point- the labor market is strong, unemployment has remained at historic lows all year. In May, it was reported that there were two open positions for every job seeker. Paychecks grew in June...those are not signs of a recession.

However, the yield curve shows signs of a recession.

Basically if we are in a recession it is a completely unique one that the country has never seen. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

We are in a technical recession according to historical standards but it is rare for job growth to happen during recessions (7 of the last 7 saw massive job losses.)

There are signs we are and signs we are not and economic experts consensus is essentially....maybe. 

43 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When repubs take over and wiki changes the definition back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

When repubs take over and wiki changes the definition back.

No need to be a glib jagoff. I didn't even know about "redefinition of terms" until you all here started talking about it. I don't care what the MSM says on stuff like this. 

There are signs we are and signs we are not: The inflation numbers point to one, the job numbers don't. 

The US doesn't have an official rule or definition for one- 8 economists decide it. Their definition is: ""[a recession] involves a significant decline in economic activity that is spread across the economy and lasts more than a few months." There is tons of ambiguity in that definition.

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

No need to be a glib jagoff. I didn't even know about "redefinition of terms" until you all here started talking about it. I don't care what the MSM says on stuff like this. 

There are signs we are and signs we are not: The inflation numbers point to one, the job numbers don't. 

The US doesn't have an official rule or definition for one- 8 economists decide it. Their definition is: ""[a recession] involves a significant decline in economic activity that is spread across the economy and lasts more than a few months." There is tons of ambiguity in that definition.

It's odd that everyone seemed to think we'd find out if we are in a recession from the latest economy report, until it came out and now it's ambiguous.  :dunno:

It's odd that everyone seemed to think we'd find out if we are in a recession from the latest economy report, until it came out and now it's ambiguous.  :dunno:

Because the latest economy report had more of the "This says yes, this says no..." type stuff. Again- it isn't a hard and fast answer.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Because the latest economy report had more of the "This says yes, this says no..." type stuff. Again- it isn't a hard and fast answer.

It was. Not anymore though. 

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The definition was two quarters of negative economic growth

The definition was two quarters of negative economic growth

That is not a hard and fast rule AND as I pointed out- job growth has stayed incredibly steady, historic low unemployment numbers have remained and paychecks grew in June. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It was. Not anymore though. 

I know the MAGA bubble tells you that but it isn't true. Especially in a time where there are job numbers and other signs that we are not in a recession. What is so hard to understand about this? And answer that without saying "They changed definitions...."

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

I know the MAGA bubble tells you that but it isn't true. Especially in a time where there are job numbers and other signs that we are not in a recession. What is so hard to understand about this? And answer that without saying "They changed definitions...."

If it were during a republican admin it would be a recession. Under the Biden Regime it isn’t. It’s just true. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

If it were during a republican admin it would be a recession. Under the Biden Regime it isn’t. It’s just true. 

No it wouldn't be. Same scenario under a republican admin it would still be "some signs say we are, and some signs say we aren't."

I know this might be hard for you to believe- but some people can view a scenario without saying "Republicans this and Democrats that"