Sign in to follow this  
GutterBoy

Stimulus Checks for rich people

1 minute ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Wow, I get some money.

That's because you are poor and borderline retarded.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

That's because you are poor and borderline retarded.

You'd be surprised what I make now, fluffy, and I don't have to sit in a cubicle or answer to anyone to do it.

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

That is why I filed my 2020 taxes already. I was furloughed part of last year and I wanted to try to get under the limit.

I think this is stupid, but if other people get free money I want some too. It can go in my 45k boat fund, I am sure that is what Biden would want :ninja:

You going to name it the SSMinow and run it aground?  or the Titanic and sink the focker?  :unsure:

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

You'd be surprised what I make now, fluffy, and I don't have to sit in a cubicle or answer to anyone to do it.

Nobody sits in cubicles anymore, Rusty, we have this pandemic thing going on, Scoop.

You will always have to answer to your wife.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Nobody sits in cubicles anymore, Rusty, we have this pandemic thing going on, Scoop.

You will always have to answer to your wife.

And the hoards of cats.... And the family's of the widows he's bilked with terrible annuities.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

And the hoards of cats.... And the family's of the widows he's bilked with terrible annuities.

Rusty brags about making bank meanwhile people dumber than him are forced to eat dog food because they got scammed into whole life policies.

• Confused 1

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Rusty brags about making bank meanwhile people dumber than him are forced to eat dog food because they got scammed into whole life policies.

Perhaps you could use your stimulus money to find a cure for the altitudinally challenged, which in turn could lessen the agoraphobia because you'll feel like a big boy in your surroundings and not fear being crushed to death by the next-door neighbor's toddler.

• Haha 1

A wise man once told me about whole life policies: Buy term and invest the difference. Why give them a cut? No wait, I figured that out myself. It’s good to be smarter than an insurance salesman. 

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

Perhaps you could use your stimulus money to find a cure for the altitudinally challenged, which in turn could lessen the agoraphobia because you'll feel like a big boy in your surroundings and not fear being crushed to death by the next-door neighbor's toddler.

1) I don't get a stimulus check because I make a man's salary 2) I don't have agoraphobia 3) There is no cure for shortness, which you would know if you weren't retarded.

3 minutes ago, Birdseed said:

This right here is what brought me back.

Go Fock your mother you sh!t pants gargoyle looking mother focker.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

3) There is no cure for shortness, which you would know if you weren't retarded.

Sure they do, and perhaps you could get on a list for femur and shin transplants. Then you'd be one car wreck away from attaining the altitude for which you've always dreamed. No more booster seat and extensions to be able to operate a vehicle. No more steppy stools to reach the high cabinets or the refrigerator's top shelf. No more ladder to climb into your day bed for your afternoon nappy nap. 

Most of all, you'd be a happier person, a man making a man's salary instead of a mini-man making a man's salary.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A wise man once told me about whole life policies: Buy term and invest the difference. Why give them a cut? No wait, I figured that out myself. It’s good to be smarter than an insurance salesman. 

I'm happy for you to be that smart!

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

You going to name it the SSMinow and run it aground?  or the Titanic and sink the focker?  :unsure:

Will you insure it for me?

45 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Will you insure it for me?

Sorry, not licensed in Texor.  Or I would.  :cheers:

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The problem with that theory is that you'd have to invest the rest each and every year.  Most people don't.  Also when the term expires, 10,15,20,30 years the cost goes way up and in many cases, you have to prove insurability which may be difficult in your latter years. 

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

The problem with that theory is that you'd have to invest the rest each and every year.  Most people don't.  Also when the term expires, 10,15,20,30 years the cost goes way up and in many cases, you have to prove insurability which may be difficult in your latter years. 

Once you get to a certain age, the need for life insurance dwindles as does the amount needed. For example, when my term life expires in a couple of years, I am not going to need as much insurance because my kids will have college covered, the house paid for and any nest egg that I have accumulated over the years will more than cover whatever lifestyle my wife might need upon my death. As such, I will not have any life insurance other than the whole life policy that my mother opened when I was about 16 and I have been covering for the last 30 years or so. 

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Once you get to a certain age, the need for life insurance dwindles as does the amount needed. For example, when my term life expires in a couple of years, I am not going to need as much insurance because my kids will have college covered, the house paid for and any nest egg that I have accumulated over the years will more than cover whatever lifestyle my wife might need upon my death. As such, I will not have any life insurance other than the whole life policy that my mother opened when I was about 16 and I have been covering for the last 30 years or so. 

This is true. 

Best line I tell people when they ask how much I need, I always tell them don't make it to good for the next guy.  

On 2/9/2021 at 2:37 PM, DonS said:

Well sh1t.  Looks like I might get some of that cash afterall. Assuming that this online calculator is correct:

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/personal-finance/targeted-1400-stimulus-check-calculator/

The value definitely increases based on # of dependents, but even with zero it seems we'll get something.

Thanks for the PS5 taxpayers!  :thumbsup:

Edit: the calculator does have the caveat "if the bill passes"

I forgot about 401k. I guess that is nontaxable for the time being and isn't counted at this time against the government hand outs calculation? As well as health insurance?

I got a letter today from the IRS and I'm rich. Not even half of a PS5 type rich, but I can buy a nice bottle of wine maybe and some Popeye's Chicken. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

I forgot about 401k. I guess that is nontaxable for the time being and isn't counted at this time against the government hand outs calculation? As well as health insurance?

I got a letter today from the IRS and I'm rich. Not even half of a PS5 type rich, but I can buy a nice bottle of wine maybe and some Popeye's Chicken. :dunno:

Be careful when you get that chicken. I’ve seen a lot of fights on YouTube at that place. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Be careful when you get that chicken. I’ve seen a lot of fights on YouTube at that place. 

I have a pretty good reply to that, but, I'm not going there given the increasing rat problem on this site.

On 2/12/2021 at 12:49 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Worst take ever.  Life insurance is a tax free way to leave money to heirs - The single most efficient wealth transfer tool there is.  But hey, if you don’t have an estate large enough to worry about it, keep buying your term.

On 2/12/2021 at 12:33 PM, Rusty Syringes said:

Wow, I get some money.

Rusty must have made the quarter mill off the books. What a clown. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Rusty made a quarter million pesos

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Once I saw that Rusty got money, I knew why this thread was bumped.  I hope he tries to salvage this.  :lol: 

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2021 at 6:52 AM, GutterBoy said:

Wouldn't we be better off giving this money to people who actually need it?

It should go to those who DESERVE it.  Not "need" it.

If you are able bodied and sit on your ass and make 0 or diddly squat for income per year....you don't deserve it. 

On 2/17/2021 at 7:02 AM, Alias Detective said:

Worst take ever.  Life insurance is a tax free way to leave money to heirs - The single most efficient wealth transfer tool there is.  But hey, if you don’t have an estate large enough to worry about it, keep buying your term.

All the smartest, richest fellas I know, buy term and don't buy huge policies.

"I'm not buying life insurance to pad my kids pockets.  I'm doing it to ensure they make it to a working/job age if I die early." 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

All the smartest, richest fellas I know, buy term and don't buy huge policies.

"I'm not buying life insurance to pad my kids pockets.  I'm doing it to ensure they make it to a working/job age if I die early." 

I guess they aren’t rich enough.

18 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

I guess they aren’t rich enough.

No one starts rich.

This was when they were on their way up.    I'm talking the folks that ended up doing the best for themselves.   I should have said "bought". 

They don't need life insurance now.

Oh...and when I say no one starts rich,  I'm referring to those that became rich on their own.  Not born into it or inherited.   That doesn't count. 

21 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

No one starts rich.

This was when they were on their way up.    I'm talking the folks that ended up doing the best for themselves.   I should have said "bought". 

They don't need life insurance now.

Oh...and when I say no one starts rich,  I'm referring to those that became rich on their own.  Not born into it or inherited.   That doesn't count. 

On your way up, convertible term is likely your best choice.  There comes a time, if you amass a lot of assets, when a permanent policy is necessary to properly maintain an estate.