Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Virginia school district cancels Dr. Seuss celebration, citing ‘racial undertones’ in his books

The left can't keep it straight. Racist or not damnit? I gotta know already!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfxrtv.com/news/regional-news/virginia-news/virginia-school-district-cancels-dr-seuss-celebration-citing-racial-undertones-in-his-books/amp/

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. (WNCN) — A Virginia school district will no longer celebrate Theodor Seuss Geisel A.K.A., Dr. Seuss, during ‘Read Across America Day’ citing “strong racial undertones in many books written/illustrated by him.”

But in 2016 hussien said he's a good guy:

It's no secret that President Obama is an avid reader. But, he just got even more cred with book-lovers by praising everybody's favorite children's author: yep, Obama loves Dr. Seuss. In a Q&A session with interns, Obama admitted that "pretty much all the stuff you need to know is in Dr. Seuss." And of course, he's spot on.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/148509-obama-praises-dr-seuss-for-teaching-him-empathy-and-responsibility

Obama Says Dr. Seuss Is The Best Teacher

Whatever you think of Jesse, you gotta admit he did of a good job with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We need "It Feels Nice When Strangers Touch You There" read at Drag Queen story hour instead.

• Haha 1

Apparently, only cuck libs know what race any of those Dr. Seuss creatures were?  Makes sense, given the level of their imagination. 

Yawn. But keep it up libtards, it’s good for more and more normals to see who you are. Also, if you vote for Democrats now, you vote for this. You gotta be a Cuck to do that at this point. You’re saying all this is ok. 

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yawn. But keep it up libtards, it’s good for more and more normals to see who you are. Also, if you vote for Democrats now, you vote for this. You gotta be a Cuck to do that at this point. You’re saying all this is ok. 

Does it matter anymore though?  They've figured out how to steal national elections.  Maybe in 4 years, Biden will get one BEEEELION votes.  

With stars on thars one would think they'd love those ghey basturds.  

"The Cat’s physical appearance, including the Cat’s oversized top hat, floppy bow tie, white gloves, and frequently open mouth, mirrors actual blackface performers; as does the role he plays as ‘entertainer’ to the white family—in whose house he doesn’t belong,” 

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

"The Cat’s physical appearance, including the Cat’s oversized top hat, floppy bow tie, white gloves, and frequently open mouth, mirrors actual blackface performers; as does the role he plays as ‘entertainer’ to the white family—in whose house he doesn’t belong,” 

Methinks Libs are just calling him black because he stole everything.  :dunno:

• Haha 2

Damn. I didn't see this one when I started the one on the moon. 

20 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

With stars on thars one would think they'd love those ghey basturds.  

I do not like green eggs and ham. 

Racist against chickens and pigs!! :mad:

7 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Damn. I didn't see this one when I started the one on the moon. 

So peenie it...

5 minutes ago, posty said:

So peenie it...

Meh, I'll let it drop like a lead balloon like the rest of my threads.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Next they'll come after Mike Myers for "whitewashing" the character in the movie version. 

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Whatever you think of Jesse, you gotta admit he did of a good job with it.

Love that bit

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Well this tweet didn't age well...  I guess our VP is racist...

Maybe she was hacked?

Surprised that the Green New Deal people aren't jumping all over the Lorax and spreading that as gospel...."I speak for the trees, since the trees have no tongues..." 

14 minutes ago, posty said:

Well this tweet didn't age well...  I guess our VP is racist...

Maybe she was hacked?

She tweeted that before she was black.  :dunno:

22 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

It’s only racist when the mob says it is. 

"Oh The Places You'll Go" is obviously racist as that book is often given to high school and college graduates. 

We all know how education is all about white privilege.  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

She tweeted that before she was black.  :dunno:

Ah!  Thanks for the information...  Makes total sense...

3 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Surprised that the Green New Deal people aren't jumping all over the Lorax and spreading that as gospel...."I speak for the trees, since the trees have no tongues..." 

Funny enough, The Lorax has also been banned.

The Lorax by Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss’ environmental kid’s book was banned in 1989 in a California school because it was believed to portray logging in a poor light and would turn children against the foresting industry. Members of the logging community were so upset by Dr. Seuss’ book that they sponsored the publication of a book called The Truax in an attempt to show children the need for foresting. The Lorax has also been criticized for its excessive portrayal of consumerism. The Once-ler represents a greedy America who wants the latest and greatest items, regardless of the consequences.

23 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yuk Yuk Cackle Cackle...

"It was a debate!! It was a debate!!"

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

The Lorax by Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss’ environmental kid’s book was banned in 1989 in a California school because it was believed to portray logging in a poor light and would turn children against the foresting industry. Members of the logging community were so upset by Dr. Seuss’ book that they sponsored the publication of a book called The Truax in an attempt to show children the need for foresting. The Lorax has also been criticized for its excessive portrayal of consumerism. The Once-ler represents a greedy America who wants the latest and greatest items, regardless of the consequences.

Banned in california???!!!! :shocking:

No way...

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

The Lorax by Dr. Seuss

1989. Always with the attempt at the equalizer. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

1989. Always with the attempt at the equalizer. 

Who said anything about an equalizer, TNG mention the book, I brought up how it too had been banned.  Entire nonsense of any of these books being banned or people getting bent out shape about these books is absurd to me.

You need to stop seeing arguments in everything, you'll live longer.  Jeesh...

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Who said anything about an equalizer, TNG mention the book, I brought up how it too had been banned.  Entire nonsense of any of these books being banned or people getting bent out shape about these books is absurd to me.

You need to stop seeing arguments in everything, you'll live longer.  Jeesh...

You need to  stop with the equalizers, maybe when you’re not doing it your point might get made. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You need to  stop with the equalizers, maybe when you’re not doing it your point might get made. 

I'd ask for some examples, (as a rule I try to avoid  'whataboutisms'),..so unless you want to provide some(you won't) I'll stick with my previous response... You need to stop seeing arguments in everything,

And unless you have some examples, I'm done...everyone else carry on with the one county that cancelled Dr. Seuss.

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'd ask for some examples, (as a rule I try to avoid  'whataboutisms'),..so unless you want to provide some(you won't) I'll stick with my previous response... You need to stop seeing arguments in everything,

And unless you have some examples, I'm done...everyone else carry on with the one county that cancelled Dr. Seuss.

One county? His estate said they won’t publish six of his books. Your side does the stuff, stop trying to spread the blame, or portray it as equal. No one is buying it. You know I’m right, hence the personal attack, which was weak BTW. Do better. 

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

One county? His estate said they won’t publish six of his books. Your side does the stuff, stop trying to spread the blame, or portray it as equal. No one is buying it. You know I’m right, hence the personal attack, which was weak BTW. Do better. 

What no one is buying is your attempt to move the goalposts. 🤣

Just now, KSB2424 said:

When's the book burning, its cold out?

Liberals love the cancel culture and the book banning. It's what they do. :dunno: