Rusty Syringes

March Madness Bracket Talk

14 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I didn't do a bracket this year, but I did do my works 8 team draft.

I went 8-0 in the first round nailing the big upsets.

Nice. I have never seen anyone go 8-0 in one of those things. I went 6-2 

12 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I'd like to say it was my amazing statistical analysis and evaluation of the teams and the tourney but I've only watched barely half of a basketball game this season.

4 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Loyola ml +280

Good call my friend.  Illinois is spitting the bit here.  

38 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

Good call my friend.  Illinois is spitting the bit here.  

:cheers:

5 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Loyola ml +280

Nice!  Focking Illinois.  :lol:

I broke my cardinal rule this year:  the Big Ten sucks in whatever sport and never pick them.  :( 

51 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

:cheers:

I’m shocked they lost this early really.  They are the better team but man, not today.  They never even made a run in the second half.  

stupid Baylor.  I knew Wisconsin doesn’t have the offense to hang with them.  I was hoping for a fast Wisconsin start to get on Baylor.  

12 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I’m shocked they lost this early really.  They are the better team but man, not today.  They never even made a run in the second half.  

stupid Baylor.  I knew Wisconsin doesn’t have the offense to hang with them.  I was hoping for a fast Wisconsin start to get on Baylor.  

The committee focked the Illini. Some publications have Loyola as a top 10 team. They should have been slotted higher than an 8 seed. 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

The committee focked the Illini. Some publications have Loyola as a top 10 team. They should have been slotted higher than an 8 seed. 

Agree, 100% percent better than an 8 seed.  I had them beating Georgia tech even before tech’s best playing was ruled out.

I’ll have to look and see who they play next.  They could make some noise here

On 3/18/2021 at 6:56 AM, tubby_mcgee said:

Spencer Lee is a lock at 125.   So is Gable Steveson at HWT.

Take those 2 to the bank.

Both win national titles.  

Lee did it with 0 ACL's.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1373473334965514242

Yet  Lebron laid on the ground crying like a girl when he hurt his ankle. LOL.   What a focking pvss.

https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/lebron-james-injury.jpg

Real man vs boy type stuff there.

• Like 1

Racism still doesn't sell.  March Madness ratings in the tank bigly.  The demo rating is down by 50%.  YIKES.

https://tvline.com/2021/03/20/tv-ratings-ncaa-mens-basketball-tournament-2021/#!

In the latest TV ratings, CBS’ primetime coverage of the NCAA men’s basketball tournament opening day — including No. 11-seeded Syracuse’s besting of No. 6 San Diego State — averaged 3.4 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating, a far cry from what the comparable night drew two years and one pandemic-related cancellation ago (4.9 mil/1.5)

I don't watch a second of basketball all year, but I can never get enough of the tourney. Had a blast watching the games this weekend :thumbsup:

Jason Preston is why you need some kind of league between high school and the pros.  As a senior he was 6 foot tall and 140 pounds.  He hit his growth spurt in college and went to 6'4" and 185 pounds.  Adding 4 inches changed everything.

Iowa -4.5

22 hours ago, jonmx said:

At 50 to 1 they are a great long shot bet.  I have $60 on them.  

I really don't see it this year, but this is a weird damn year so who knows.

USC -1

20 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Nice!  Focking Illinois.  :lol:

I broke my cardinal rule this year:  the Big Ten sucks in whatever sport and never pick them.  :( 

Same for me, particularly Illinois. Illinois has a long history of screwing the pooch and burning people in the tournament, but I got sucked into the hype and picked them to go all the way. Never again!

21 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Same for me, particularly Illinois. Illinois has a long history of screwing the pooch and burning people in the tournament, but I got sucked into the hype and picked them to go all the way. Never again!

Yeah, I had Illinois in the final (losing to the Zags).  Luckily I only had Ohio State to the Elite 8.  :wall: 

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, I had Illinois in the final (losing to the Zags).

So did Obama...

On 3/19/2021 at 2:14 PM, porkbutt said:

drexel :pointstosky:

So far so good...  Tied with Georgia at the half...

7 minutes ago, posty said:

So far so good...  Tied with Georgia at the half...

:huh: 

4 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

he talking wimmens

Ah, thanks!  I know Illinois sucks but apparently not quite that badly.  :D 

He wasn't specific...   It isn't often for Drexel to make the tourney...

Plus I know one of the players on the team after watching her high school career...

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Why no Shaq?  Andy Katz doesn't fit with these guys.

I'm guessing he is in PC timeout after dissing the women.  See the thread here about it.  :thumbsup:  

I guess the Big 10 shouldn't have had all those high seeds so far...

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Iowa -4.5

Not mad I lost this one. All Hawkeyes are homos and I am glad they lost. 

Abilene Jesus +6

Where is toofy?  His garbage squad owes me $1500 for this disaster.  They are losing by 20 and actually look worse than the score 

• Haha 1

My bracket had so much potential.  Had Virginia losing.  Had Kansas losing to USC, etc. etc except messed up picking Iowa over Oregon and Iliinois ruined my bracket as I had them losing to Gonzaga in the Championship game. :(

5 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

Where is toofy?  His garbage squad owes me $1500 for this disaster.  They are losing by 20 and actually look worse than the score 

USC is just on another level and yea Kansas is sucking as well.

9 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

Ima guessing he is at the bottom of a bottle somewhere, crying into his Danny Manning jersey remembering the good old days when KU basketball was relevant.  :( 

Yeah I know how everyone thinks about women sports, but I am looking forward to the UConn-Iowa matchup in the Sweet 16...  Freshman phenoms Paige Bueckers and UConn vs. Caitlin Clark and Iowa...  I would think that there will plenty of points in this one...

On 3/21/2021 at 12:37 PM, bostonlager said:

One year, I got every 1st and 2nd round pick right.... and got every pick after that wrong.

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

One year, I got every 1st and 2nd round pick right.... and got every pick after that wrong.

We aren't talking about brackets. We are talking about an 8 man draft where you snake draft all teams in the tournament. 

For example I had Loyola Chicago in my draft. They won in the first round as an 8 seed so all other players owe me 8 quarters. After the 2nd round  win all other teams owe me 16 quarters and if they win in the 3rd round it goes to 24 quarters. 

I used to run it over at FBG before I was banned for some unknown reason. Now I run one at the bar I frequent. Here is the one FBG is doing this year. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17WwXwArTOn5qwmQHTzsdjcIT9U796ZSTqk8Bk-FK7fg/edit#gid=1769710746

Just now, bostonlager said:

We aren't talking about brackets. We are talking about an 8 man draft where you snake draft all teams in the tournament. 

For example I had Loyola Chicago in my draft. They won in the first round as an 8 seed so all other players owe me 8 quarters. After the 2nd round  win all other teams owe me 16 quarters and if they win in the 3rd round it goes to 24 quarters. 

I used to run it over at FBG before I was banned for some unknown reason. Now I run one at the bar I frequent. Here is the one FBG is doing this year. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17WwXwArTOn5qwmQHTzsdjcIT9U796ZSTqk8Bk-FK7fg/edit#gid=1769710746

Gotchya.  I figured you were just talking about upsets.  I was just giving an anecdotal story.

23 hours ago, posty said:

Yeah I know how everyone thinks about women sports, but I am looking forward to the UConn-Iowa matchup in the Sweet 16...  Freshman phenoms Paige Bueckers and UConn vs. Caitlin Clark and Iowa...  I would think that there will plenty of points in this one...

For those that care other than me, which I would guess would be none, the game is Saturday at 1pm ET on ABC...

8 minutes ago, posty said:

For those that care other than me, which I would guess would be none, the game is Saturday at 1pm ET on ABC...

I'll miss the game because I'm heading on a road trip that day, but I generally watch a lot of UConn Women's ball.  Yes, UConn has been a dominant force over the years, but they've had some real cuties on that team too, dating back to Sue Bird.  Now, I don't think any were has hot as Katie Lou, but Bueckers is definitely an attractive young lady.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'll miss the game because I'm heading on a road trip that day, but I generally watch a lot of UConn Women's ball.  Yes, UConn has been a dominant force over the years, but they've had some real cuties on that team too, dating back to Sue Bird.  Now, I don't think any were has hot as Katie Lou, but Bueckers is definitely an attractive young lady.

She looks like she could put on 20-30 pounds and a stiff breeze would still knock her over...

But damn can she play and she has a nice shot...