tubby_mcgee

where are the board's woke?

57 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Man, there are mountains of evidence that systemic racism is real. You might not like it or agree with it, but there's plenty of it.

There aren't. It's a talking point that the left shares and that you bought into. If you tell a lie ten times, or a hundred thousand times, It's still not true.

The go to tactic is this awful clearly racist thing happened 100 years ago.... ignore what happened since..... then point to this bad thing happened to a black person in 2021 which bears no resemblance to the thing from 100 years ago, and which doesn't seem racist on he surface. But somehow, magical thinking, the one connects to the other and therefore no progress has been made.

Go ahead and show me how, for example, Derek Chauvin was racist. Or if not him, whatever other examples you can come up with. It's tiny and miniscule. FFToday has racists, but they're knuckleheads with no institutional power. Which contrasts to woke, which is everywhere, and has concrete examples in damn near every institution in the country.

Institutionally racist America voted for a black man for president twice (including me), and a black female VP (who I did not, but is besides the point). That pops the narrative. Blacks are more successful in America than in any other country in the world. That pops the narriative. It's all lies.

If you can't show me examples of institutional racist, if it is so big that it's invisible, maybe the reason it's invisible is because it's not there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fnord said:

Your e-mail is controlled by a private company. Should they be able to censor that too? 

8 hours ago, Fnord said:

But the opposite side of the "freedom to offend" coin is the "freedom to call you out and make you pay for the vile shlt you do and say." Tough to have one without the other. I hate that people can have their lives ruined because they did or said something wrong in a heated moment, but I also don't like that some believe they should be able to spew horrible venom without consequence just because "freedom of speech."

No need to watch the whole thing, just twelve minutes. Besides, I disagree with him more than usual this episode. I hope that I successfully timestamp this thing to between the 35:00 through 47:00 minute marks. So, if you have twelve minutes,  just scroll to Matt's "Daily Cancellation" segment at that time where he tells the story of what happened to a guy named Sam Johnson who had a run in with two gay youths that went awry and see if you agree with Matt's conclusion. 

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

No need to watch the whole thing, just twelve minutes. Besides, I disagree with him more than usual this episode. I hope that I successfully timestamp this thing to between the 35:00 through 47:00 minute marks. So, if you have twelve minutes,  just scroll to Matt's "Daily Cancellation" segment at that time where he tells the story of what happened to a guy named Sam Johnson who had a run in with two gay youths that went awry and see if you agree with Matt's conclusion. 

Damn man, you've given me a lot to chew on and I'm a really busy guy. I'm going to try to respond but you'll need to give me a bit. I watched the video. Well done with the timestamp, BTW. Right on the nuts. First thing I'll say is I FULLY 10000% agree with one of his last points, that THIS IS NOT A NATIONAL STORY. So ridiculous. I used to work at a small radio station and was in charge of a mid-day local news show. I went to the courthouse daily to check the police blotter. I did some stories, but then got in trouble one day because I failed to mention that so-and-so had hit a deer on such-and-such road the night before. My response was "that's not news, it's gossip." I only worked there a few more weeks after that. My boss wrote the story for me and demanded I mention it on air, which I dutifully did. That "news" was what the listeners wanted. And this was almost 25 years ago. I quickly found a better place to work.

My point is, the fact this story became a story is absurd. This is not a "left-right" thing, this is an "Americans love to consume trash" thing. I have more thoughts I'll try to share later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Your e-mail is controlled by a private company. Should they be able to censor that too? 

If it's in their terms of service then I suppose they could.  If they did then most people would find another service that does not do that.

Imagine if you will, instead of these Republican states having lower infection stats, it were the Democrat run states.... I wonder, just what might the MSM do with THAT?  🤔

Might they treat that scenario differently than the current context? Where Democrat run states are worse in every possible way?

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If it's in their terms of service then I suppose they could.  If they did then most people would find another service that does not do that.

Do you seriously think most people read the terms of service when signing up for an.email account?

31 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Imagine if you will, instead of these Republican states having lower infection stats, it were the Democrat run states.... I wonder, just what might the MSM do with THAT?  🤔

Might they treat that scenario differently than the current context? Where Democrat run states are worse in every possible way?

The media lies via lies of omission.  Facts that help republicans are muted or largely omitted.  Facts that help democrats get trumpeted.  It is in this way that the media is lying its focking ass off constantly.

29 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Damn man, you've given me a lot to chew on and I'm a really busy guy. I'm going to try to respond but you'll need to give me a bit. I watched the video. Well done with the timestamp, BTW. Right on the nuts. First thing I'll say is I FULLY 10000% agree with one of his last points, that THIS IS NOT A NATIONAL STORY. So ridiculous. I used to work at a small radio station and was in charge of a mid-day local news show. I went to the courthouse daily to check the police blotter. I did some stories, but then got in trouble one day because I failed to mention that so-and-so had hit a deer on such-and-such road the night before. My response was "that's not news, it's gossip." I only worked there a few more weeks after that. My boss wrote the story for me and demanded I mention it on air, which I dutifully did. That "news" was what the listeners wanted. And this was almost 25 years ago. I quickly found a better place to work.

My point is, the fact this story became a story is absurd. This is not a "left-right" thing, this is an "Americans love to consume trash" thing. I have more thoughts I'll try to share later.

Thanks. Yeah, I think the video was a huge letdown. The video recorder there, what he wanted it to be and what it was were totally different. He was trying to direct the scene "Throw some insults so I can put this on youtube" well, the insults didn't get thrown but he put it on youtube anyway and spiced it up with his description. It wasn't a gotcha moment and we didn't see the beginning of how it started. But that didn't matter, there was enough to rile the masses, they got him fired, doxxed him, and ruined his life anyway without providing any evidence that he'd done anything wrong, when in fact they were the aggressors in the video.

But this is where we are as a society. This is not an unsual thing, this is just what happened today. This guy Sam Johnson gets fired, a police officer in Virginia gets fired for donating to Kyle Rittenhouse, people great and small are getting their lives turned upside down. 

33 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Do you seriously think most people read the terms of service when signing up for an.email account?

Nope.

48 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The media lies via lies of omission.  Facts that help republicans are muted or largely omitted.  Facts that help democrats get trumpeted.  It is in this way that the media is lying its focking ass off constantly.

It's called "fortifying".  Just like the election.

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Thanks. Yeah, I think the video was a huge letdown. The video recorder there, what he wanted it to be and what it was were totally different. He was trying to direct the scene "Throw some insults so I can put this on youtube" well, the insults didn't get thrown but he put it on youtube anyway and spiced it up with his description. It wasn't a gotcha moment and we didn't see the beginning of how it started. But that didn't matter, there was enough to rile the masses, they got him fired, doxxed him, and ruined his life anyway without providing any evidence that he'd done anything wrong, when in fact they were the aggressors in the video.

But this is where we are as a society. This is not an unsual thing, this is just what happened today. This guy Sam Johnson gets fired, a police officer in Virginia gets fired for donating to Kyle Rittenhouse, people great and small are getting their lives turned upside down. 

As for that particular video, the backlash was seemingly undeserved based strictly on what was shown. But without the context of what occurred prior to hitting 'record' you can't really make a judgement call. And we as a society love to judge others, so "off with his head!" I will say that to me, the guy did look like he was drunk. He had the same stupid, bewildered half-smile on his face the whole time, and looked like he was swaying a bit. I get it if he was tipping a few in a quiet bar, trying to relax, and a bunch of teenagers come in and get loud and act like teenagers act, and he took it upon himself to go tell them to settle down. I could see myself doing something similar. But we have no idea what happened next. And based on the audio of the parents talking to the guy, my guess would be things were considerably more heated before the camera came out, but no one knows except those that were there. My guess is that the guy was at least half in the bag, went out to tell the stupid teens to STFU cuz no one wanted to hear whatever trash they were talking, he saw a dude in a dress, made a stupid, ill-advised comment, and the whole thing turned into a shlt-show from there. I mean, in this day and age, have the self-awareness to not engage teens in this manner. They always have been and always will be selfish morons that think no one understands anything and that the whole world is against them, especially the ones that are gay/trans/disabled/whateverthefuk. You're asking for it by doing so, whether your motives are pure or evil.

I do not support doxxing people. Ever. Kathy Griffin tweeting what she did should be punishable. Mob anger has always been dangerous, and social media has just amplified it by allowing you to be anonymously stupid and inflammatory without having to suffer consequences for it. Even if this guy did everything the kids said he did, I'm not sure he deserves to lose his job over it. I'm sure we've all done stuff that would have caused us to lose our jobs in this way if we had been videotaped while doing it. Acting like an a-hole isn't grounds for ruination. But you can't seriously hold this up as just a liberal/left problem. Remember the Dixie Chicks? Remember all the railing in the 80s and 90s about Satanism in rock and roll and even Proctor & Gamble being boycotted over their alleged (completely false) ties to the Church of Satan? Cancel culture run amok before the term even existed. We've always done this. Current technology, media, political climate, and our own twisted mindsets just allow it to proliferate. If we stop giving it oxygen, it'll asphyxiate. I do not think it is a harbinger of the downfall of our society, like many want to treat it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

As for that particular video, the backlash was seemingly undeserved based strictly on what was shown. But without the context of what occurred prior to hitting 'record' you can't really make a judgement call. And we as a society love to judge others, so "off with his head!" I will say that to me, the guy did look like he was drunk. He had the same stupid, bewildered half-smile on his face the whole time, and looked like he was swaying a bit. I get it if he was tipping a few in a quiet bar, trying to relax, and a bunch of teenagers come in and get loud and act like teenagers act, and he took it upon himself to go tell them to settle down. I could see myself doing something similar. But we have no idea what happened next. And based on the audio of the parents talking to the guy, my guess would be things were considerably more heated before the camera came out, but no one knows except those that were there. My guess is that the guy was at least half in the bag, went out to tell the stupid teens to STFU cuz no one wanted to hear whatever trash they were talking, he saw a dude in a dress, made a stupid, ill-advised comment, and the whole thing turned into a shlt-show from there. I mean, in this day and age, have the self-awareness to not engage teens in this manner. They always have been and always will be selfish morons that think no one understands anything and that the whole world is against them, especially the ones that are gay/trans/disabled/whateverthefuk. You're asking for it by doing so, whether your motives are pure or evil.

I do not support doxxing people. Ever. Kathy Griffin tweeting what she did should be punishable. Mob anger has always been dangerous, and social media has just amplified it by allowing you to be anonymously stupid and inflammatory without having to suffer consequences for it. Even if this guy did everything the kids said he did, I'm not sure he deserves to lose his job over it. I'm sure we've all done stuff that would have caused us to lose our jobs in this way if we had been videotaped while doing it. Acting like an a-hole isn't grounds for ruination. But you can't seriously hold this up as just a liberal/left problem. Remember the Dixie Chicks? Remember all the railing in the 80s and 90s about Satanism in rock and roll and even Proctor & Gamble being boycotted over their alleged (completely false) ties to the Church of Satan? Cancel culture run amok before the term even existed. We've always done this. Current technology, media, political climate, and our own twisted mindsets just allow it to proliferate. If we stop giving it oxygen, it'll asphyxiate. I do not think it is a harbinger of the downfall of our society, like many want to treat it.

That's really good, and not much daylight with my thinking on the matter until in the conclusion, where I do take it more seriously than you do. 

I found this site recently: https://ground.news/ and have really come to appreciate it.

It takes individual news stories from a multitude of different sites and categorizes those sites as left/center/right so you can sees what's trending where, which media outlets are ignoring and which are covering certain stories. This way you can see quickly what stories are trending in different news silos and which ones aren't getting covered.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

That's really good, and not much daylight with my thinking on the matter until in the conclusion, where I do take it more seriously than you do. 

I found this site recently: https://ground.news/ and have really come to appreciate it.

It takes individual news stories from a multitude of different sites and categorizes those sites as left/center/right so you can sees what's trending where, which media outlets are ignoring and which are covering certain stories. This way you can see quickly what stories are trending in different news silos and which ones aren't getting covered.

Holeeee $hit! This site is fuking sweet! Many, many thanks Volty! I will get lost in that mess and love every minute of it! What an excellent idea for an app.

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Fnord is right, no far left wing nuts are calling the shots.  More Loudon County VA nonsense.  @Voltaire, the indoctrination is real.  

Someone would have to get their ass. kicked. 

On 4/16/2021 at 12:37 AM, Fnord said:

I'm not a Democrat. And what do you mean by incompetent? Incompetence was our last president.  I'm not a big Biden fan, but comparatively he's god-like in his ability to lead a country.

I agree, Biden is very much like God. In the sense that he doesn't do anything and may or may not even exist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Fnord is right, no far left wing nuts are calling the shots.  More Loudon County VA nonsense.  @Voltaire, the indoctrination is real.  

Thanks. I was wondering what they were replacing Laura Ingalls Wilder with.

https://isthmus.com/arts/books/laura-ingalls-wilder-little-house-reexamined/

Good guys - 1

Homos - ZERO

I had someone quit today because the government is forcing agencies to ask people their pronouns when answering a call, and he was like "fock that, I quit".   I was sorta surprised.

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I had someone quit today because the government is forcing agencies to ask people their pronouns when answering a call, and he was like "fock that, I quit".   I was sorta surprised.

Even my liberal girlfriend was saying yesterday that she is sick of seeing people put their pronouns in their work email signatures.

16 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Good guys - 1

Homos - ZERO

Looks like this judge is one step closer to a one-and-done term.

30 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Even my liberal girlfriend was saying yesterday that she is sick of seeing people put their pronouns in their work email signatures.

Seriously?  In their email signatures?  I haven't seen that yet but I guess it's not surprising.  I see it all the time on people's social media info though.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Seriously?  In their email signatures?  I haven't seen that yet but I guess it's not surprising.  I see it all the time on people's social media info though.

Yeah. I was surprised too. I brought up that I've been getting "inclusion and diversity" and "lgbtqa...." emails from my company ad nausium, day in day out, and she came out of liberal mode and just said, "I'm sick of it." Work emails with pronoun distinctions.

:mad:

22 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Good guys - 1

Homos - ZERO

Reading an article regarding school board getting ripped a new one:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-loudoun-school-board-tanner-cross-backlash

The funniest part is school board trying to silence applause via jazz hands

At one point Tuesday, teacher Jeremy Wright, who previously called the school board fascists, left what he said was a copy of the First Amendment on the podium. "For the members of Chardonnay Antifa, here is your assignment with a copy of the First Amendment attached," said Wright before holding up a packet of paper. "I'm going to leave this here and I hope you learn something."

After Wright received applause, Sheridan said: "I'll remind you that I will entertain a motion to move public comment to the end of our agenda. Jazz hands only. "

:lol:

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

Reading an article regarding school board getting ripped a new one:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-loudoun-school-board-tanner-cross-backlash

The funniest part is school board trying to silence appluse via jazz hands

2BFEE9B4-6767-4DE2-881D-316B74B604EA.gif

If there are any straight white males on that school board someone should give them a beating. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If there are any straight white males on that school board someone should give them a beating. 

The problem with school boards is that no matter how Red your state, town, or community is, the schools will always be dark blue because the only people who are on the school board are affiliated with the school.  The great majority of the members are either active or retired administrators or active or retired teachers.  Growing up, I lived in a town that didn't have any Democrats on town council (1 mayor & council persons).  Prior to us moving to this town, they went 25 years since the last Democrat had a seat.  Our town and the neighboring town combined to have 1 school district.  Their town was bigger, so they had 6 members and our town had 5.  The neighboring town was also massively Republican.  But, of the 11 members, 4 were school administrators, 6 were teachers, and 1 random person who was ticked off about the policies the schools were putting in place and tried to stop them.  In total, there were 10 Democrats and 1 Republican on the school board.  It didn't matter that the towns are Republican.  In larger cities (Democrat cities), what is happening is that there's no one to stop them unless the town shows up to complain. Even still, there's not enough people who complain to make a difference.

46 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The problem with school boards is that no matter how Red your state, town, or community is, the schools will always be dark blue because the only people who are on the school board are affiliated with the school.  The great majority of the members are either active or retired administrators or active or retired teachers.  Growing up, I lived in a town that didn't have any Democrats on town council (1 mayor & council persons).  Prior to us moving to this town, they went 25 years since the last Democrat had a seat.  Our town and the neighboring town combined to have 1 school district.  Their town was bigger, so they had 6 members and our town had 5.  The neighboring town was also massively Republican.  But, of the 11 members, 4 were school administrators, 6 were teachers, and 1 random person who was ticked off about the policies the schools were putting in place and tried to stop them.  In total, there were 10 Democrats and 1 Republican on the school board.  It didn't matter that the towns are Republican.  In larger cities (Democrat cities), what is happening is that there's no one to stop them unless the town shows up to complain. Even still, there's not enough people who complain to make a difference.

In our recent school board elections there were 2 openings, six candidates. The woman who came out and said she was opposed to CRT got the most votes. The guy who alluded to be against it got the second most. Neither were teachers or affiliated with the schools. The other 4 who hemmed and hawed about it and were incumbents or affiliated lost. Things are changing.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In our recent school board elections there were 2 openings, six candidates. The woman who came out and said she was opposed to CRT got the most votes. The guy who alluded to be against it got the second most. Neither were teachers or affiliated with the schools. The other 4 who hemmed and hawed about it and we’re incumbents or affiliated lost. Things are changing.  

We'll see.  They'll be outvoted, so it won't matter.  It takes many years.  As I said, in my town, it takes 6 years years to recycle the entire board... maybe less for others.  But, for a period of time, they're going to be outvoted and there's going to be some people that are totally unbeatable because of their popularity.

School boards are ground zero for where the defense/pushback has to take place.

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

We'll see.  They'll be outvoted, so it won't matter.  It takes many years.  As I said, in my town, it takes 6 years years to recycle the entire board... maybe less for others.  But, for a period of time, they're going to be outvoted and there's going to be some people that are totally unbeatable because of their popularity.

If your school in infested, find somebody running for school board that will push this stuff out. If there is nobody else, maybe the person they need is you. People are increasingly seeing what's happening and especially in a community like that, it should be easy to win.

Your perspective is the polar opposite of mine. I grew up in a blue collar inner ring Detroit suburb, heavily Democratic, with many union people in it. The teachers union endoresed candidates never won jack squat.

11 hours ago, Voltaire said:

If your school in infested, find somebody running for school board that will push this stuff out. If there is nobody else, maybe the person they need is you. People are increasingly seeing what's happening and especially in a community like that, it should be easy to win.

Your perspective is the polar opposite of mine. I grew up in a blue collar inner ring Detroit suburb, heavily Democratic, with many union people in it. The teachers union endoresed candidates never won jack squat.

I was on the school board for 7 years back in the day, that's why I say, it's a losing effort... where I live.  Everything we voted on, I was almost always the lone dissenting vote.  I tried to get more people, who agreed with me, to run.  The problem is, some districts just have too many unbeatable members on the board.  The smaller the town, the harder it is because there are going to be a lot of people who just don't care to vote and a ton of educators who do vote.  In our 11 member board, the last 3 years I was on, we had 3 other people who agreed with me on a lot of issues, but we could do no better than 6-5.  The schools literally campaigned and spent $125k to get me voted out.  It worked.  So I moved out of town.  The town just wanted to keep screwing over the kids I guess... but then complain later.  The other people I got to run saw the writing on the wall and didn't run for re-election.

Funny story about what went on during one meeting.  We had prepared the school budget and it got voted down.  The town council tells us to go back and make some cuts.  One of the cuts was music class for the elementary schools.  I looked AT THE MUSIC TEACHER, who's on the board and I said, "You're voting to cut the program that you teach?".  She said that since it was just the elementary schools in district, it didn't matter.  She only got an average of 5 kids per school, so 15 total.  So I looked at all of them and said, "You're depriving 15 kids of a program, that doesn't cost the district any money, just so that you can add it to the list of things you cut to show you're willing to concede on some issues?"  No one actually answered me and they just moved on to the next topic.  That's was the kind of stuff that went down.  They literally cut 9 student programs to keep a 4.5% raise.  I told them that all 9 of those programs could stay if you just dropped to a 4.2% raise.  Not only did they not respond, the completely ignored the fact that I was talking and started talking over me before I even finished.

When RBG isn't woke enough.  These people are a stain on reality.  Where's the Mooney clown that says the Dems ignore their fringe? The fukin ACLU has been hijacked.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

When RBG isn't woke enough.  These people are a stain on reality.  Where's the Mooney clown that says the Dems ignore their fringe? The fukin ACLU has been hijacked.

This is just insanity. There are feminists on Twitter that have been banned because they fight against this crazy stuff.  We are dealing with people that want to use terms like "birthing persons" instead of "women".

I wonder who these people are. My MIL is the most liberal person I know and even she rolls her eyes at people at work with pronouns in their email signatures (which by the way is becoming more common). 

4 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I wonder who these people are. 

Here.  Right here are the people driving this sh!t.  This right here is fukin child abuse.