GutterBoy

Does anyone here drink good beer?

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Wow you’ve gone next level on this douchey tough guy act :lol:

I can be a doosh, I’m plenty tough and It’s not an act. We exist. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I can be a doosh, I’m plenty tough and It’s not an act. We exist. 

🤡

• Thanks 1

My go to is Corona Light. On the weekend I may mix in 1 pale ale, IPA or Hefeweizen.

Lately I’ve enjoyed the hazy IPAs. I really like New Belgium American Haze and Vault Brewing Of Hops and Clouds. Any more than 1 of that type of beer and I’m hungover.

:dunno: 

28 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I agree... widmer does a decent job. Recently had a local here that was pretty good. Cant recall the brewery.  But 8 out of 10 miss the mark 

Fort Point makes a decent Berliner Weisse. It's not my thing but my wife likes it. 

Also, I'll drink just about anything at least once. For those not into pallet wrecking IPA's, Sierra Nevada's current seasonal is called Summer Break. It's light and crisp but still has some of that hoppiness, if you're into that. 

My go to is the same as most people's, Bud Light. It's not the #1 seller in the world because it sucks. But I'll enjoy some craft beers here and there. 

23 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

we talked about this i think?🤔..... tonewood...south jersey

Oh yeah, sorry, I'm old and drink too much beer to remember.

I like Tonewood, Fuego is good .

I rarely drink beer. Actually I hardly drink at all, but it's usually bourbon when I do.

When I do drink beer, I like wheat beer. Hoegarden, blue moon, etc. 

I can’t drink wheat beer, focks with my tummy tum tum. :( IPAs are too heavy anymore, though I do like a good hazy one from time to time.

These days I’m mostly into pilsners and lagers. Mexican, American macrobrew, some microbrew offerings like Pfriem Pilsner and Firestone 805. Somebody mentioned Kona and Maui and I like their blonds too. Stella, Bitburger, etc. as well.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I can’t drink wheat beer, focks with my tummy tum tum. :( IPAs are too heavy anymore, though I do like a good hazy one from time to time.

These days I’m mostly into pilsners and lagers. Mexican, American macrobrew, some microbrew offerings like Pfriem Pilsner and Firestone 805. Somebody mentioned Kona and Maui and I like their blonds too. Stella, Bitburger, etc. as well.

That’s breakfast. When do you start hitting the Vodka to forget? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s breakfast. When do you start hitting the Vodka to forget? 

Bourbon and I (mostly) gave it up :cheers:

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Bourbon and I (mostly) gave it up :cheers:

Good. Usually Vodka is the last stop. 

Most weekends I drink Michelob Ultra as it is low alcohol and low calories and I am still trying to get back to my highschool weight. The last 10 pounds is the most difficult, i cannot seem to lose it.

I prefer brown and amber ales and am not a big fan of IPA's, wheat beer, or sours.

Fat Tire is probably my favorite beer, but I only drink it every other month. Because I live in Texas, i usually drink shinerbock if I am not drinking michelob ultra.

Lets just say I never have to worry about bitter beer face. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Reality said:

I'll never understand why a dude gives a shlt about what beer another dude drinks. 

This. These 2 types of people are equally doooshy:

1. The beer snob that only drinks microbrews, and looks down on anyone who drinks only "common" beers.

2. The guy that looks down on people who like microbrews, and automatically assumes those people are beer snobs.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

1. The beer snob that only drinks microbrews, and looks down on anyone who drinks only "common" beers.

2. The guy that looks down on people who like microbrews, and automatically assumes those people are beer snobs.

3. The guy that pretends he isn’t either one 😛 

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

I don’t think they are  snobs. I think they are idiots swayed by marketing. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They might actually like the taste, too

Focsed on the hazy ipa's right now

1 minute ago, Thornton Melon said:

They might actually like the taste, too

I agree it's plenty easy to get bored with Bud and Miller. When I am having 10, bring em on.  When I am having 1 or 2, I'll go elsewhere. 

:( apparently no.

:thumbsup: but I like what I like, and it's good enough for me.

:cheers:

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When in college (late 80's), my roommate and I wanted to learn about bier beyond the typical coors light and keystone kegs available at every party. We started picking up different styles from different countries every week. 

In the 90's, I was fine with sierra nevada and red hook, but then a little later micros started playing leap frog attempting to out hop each other..did not/do not love that trend.  I can like balanced ipas, but generally not a style I enjoy.

In 99, mrs an I took our first trip to Europe together (Germany, Austria, Switzerland). We drove on that trip and found that every region had its own breweries, and the towns pretty much sold the local bier.  Loved everything we tried.  (the wines were fun too).

So no, I was not swayed by marketing, but by sampling a lot of different bier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's pretty foolish to think 

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you're saying the only difference between a Heady Topper and a Budweiser is marketing?

8 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

When in college (late 80's), my roommate and I wanted to learn about bier beyond the typical coors light and keystone kegs available at every party. We started picking up different styles from different countries every week. 

In the 90's, I was fine with sierra nevada and red hook, but then a little later micros started playing leap frog attempting to out hop each other..did not/do not love that trend.  I can like balanced ipas, but generally not a style I enjoy.

In 99, mrs an I took our first trip to Europe together (Germany, Austria, Switzerland). We drove on that trip and found that every region had its own breweries, and the towns pretty much sold the local bier.  Loved everything we tried.  (the wines were fun too).

So no, I was not swayed by marketing, but by sampling a lot of different bier.

That’s a bit different than your average hipsters experience. When the micro brew craze started I’m sure it was unique and there were some gems to be found. Now a lot of it is just a trend and marketing. It’s quite obvious. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I love me some BBA stouts.  While there are several outstanding local ones to PNW you might be able to find Dragon's Milk (New Holland Brewing in MI) in a 22oz bottle at your local grocery store.  

(and yes that's a perfect setup for a BBC joke) 

Obviously these are not mowing the lawn or playing golf beers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Obviously these are not mowing the lawn or playing golf beers. 

When I was cooking (after shift), or on hot days... Corona and coors light have been perfect

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It's pretty foolish to think 

So you're saying the only difference between a Heady Topper and a Budweiser is marketing?

I wouldn’t know. After the first ten times I was asked to try this new micro beer and how unique it was it was obvious there wasn’t some great difference between them and many of the mass produced beers. There is plenty of variety in the mass produced ones at not nearly the cost. How come I always am  told “it tastes like a......” when it comes to them?  The IPA’s are different, I’ll say that. They also suck. 

31 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I agree it's plenty easy to get bored with Bud and Miller. When I am having 10, bring em on.  When I am having 1 or 2, I'll go elsewhere. 

My days of having 10 are long gone. Now it's 2 to 4, maybe 6 at the most. The thing is, one 16oz double or triple IPA could have the same alcohol content as 2 or 3 12oz Buds, so after 2 or 3 of those, I'm fine.

1 minute ago, Thornton Melon said:

My days of having 10 are long gone. Now it's 2 to 4, maybe 6 at the most. The thing is, one 16oz double or triple IPA could have the same alcohol content as 2 or 3 12oz Buds, so after 2 or 3 of those, I'm fine.

Mine are pretty much also, but they happen.  I hang with some pros and they thing nothing of 15-20, but always light/lite beer.  They can't handle 5 regular Buds, though, they get focked up.

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Mine are pretty much also, but they happen.  I hang with some pros and they thing nothing of 15-20, but always light/lite beer.  They can't handle 5 regular Buds, though, they get focked up.

Miller Lite’s ABV, 4.2%,  is the same as most beers. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

says the guy who drinks the most marketed beer in the world

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

WASSUP??? 

Frogs

Spuds McKenzie

Etc

Etc

Christmas commercials with clydesdales are classic though.  :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Curious if anyone here drinks good beer.  Not the American adjunct lagers or imported pilsners.

I drink Natty light while eating cheese it chicken.  Does that count?

I love beer. Cheap beer, dark beer, IPA's, you name it... it's all good.   In spite of that, I often drink Bush.  I'm probably the only person other than poor college kids who drinks it. It's cheap, tastes ok, and I can drink a few without getting full or drunk. 

I'll never understand the popularity of Bud Light or any other kind of light beer.  Are you on diet?  Do you only eat fat-free foods too? Then you probably shouldn't be drinking any beer. Go have a fat free smoothie instead, ya queer.

25 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

It wasnt built on marketing. It existed way before all of that. And I’m not paying extra for it. I’m paying less. Micro brews are nothing without marketing. 

2 minutes ago, bob_probert_2000 said:

I drink Natty light while eating cheese it chicken.  Does that count?

Probie!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It wasnt built on marketing. It existed way before all of that. And I’m not paying extra for it. I’m paying less. Micro brews are nothing without marketing. 

Or people prefer the taste more.

Why judge other people on what they like to eat/drink?

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The most impossible to get beers around here have ZERO Marketing.

You are flat out stupid, I'm sorry.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Or people prefer the taste more.

Why judge other people on what they like to eat/drink?

We judge everyone on everything. It’s not like I’m slapping the beer out of their hands. Why so offended about what some jerk says on a message board about beer? I’m not. 

Just now, GutterBoy said:

The most impossible to get beers around here have ZERO Marketing.

You are flat out stupid, I'm sorry.

Right. Is the beer named after the brewer, or after some constellation ? 

26 minutes ago, DonS said:

WASSUP??? 

Frogs

Spuds McKenzie

Etc

Etc

Christmas commercials with clydesdales are classic though.  :thumbsup:

great commercials, bud bowl was awesome.  fine beer as well.