Cloaca du jour

Ponderosa steakhouse..dead??

15 hours ago, Cruzer said:

No - there's no substitute for a high dollar steakhouse serving up $150 Prime/Wagyu bone-in ribeye steaks. 

But Saltgrass isn't bad, it's actually great in fact. For a choice steak - it's damn good, hard to beat. 

Peppercorn crusted ribeye with the peppercorn cognac sauce. Don’t know if they still have it there but dammit that steak was flat out delicious and what I’d get every time 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Peppercorn crusted ribeye with the peppercorn cognac sauce. Don’t know if they still have it there but dammit that steak was flat out delicious and what I’d get every time 

Your taste in steak is as bad as your ability to fight.  Ignore this post, and you are scared to fight me.

10 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Your taste in steak is as bad as your ability to fight.  Ignore this post, and you are scared to fight me.

I love Longhorn steakhouse. One of my go-to places to eat when I'm on the road. 

Gimme that NY Strip with the parmesan crust and caress my nipples with the brussels sprouts until such time as I achieve orgasm.

7 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

Gimme that NY Strip with the parmesan crust and caress my nipples with the brussels sprouts until such time as I achieve orgasm.

I've never been to longhorn steakhouse, but that sounds pretty damn good.  Imma think about this sh1t right now while I go jerk off in the woods.

8 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

Their Brussels sprouts are bomb. I usually get the bone in rib-eye there. Flat out delicious 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Their Brussels sprouts are bomb. I usually get the bone in rib-eye there. Flat out delicious 

I never got the fascination with ribeye. It's too fatty for me. But yeah them sprouts tho dawg.

1 minute ago, TK0001 said:

I never got the fascination with ribeye. It's too fatty for me. But yeah them sprouts tho dawg.

Everyone has their diff preferences for steaks. But most can agree those Brussels are the Sh1t 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Everyone has their diff preferences for steaks. But most can agree those Brussels are the Sh1t 

Everybody but pinko commie tree hugging birkenstock wearing rainbow flag waving libtards like gutter.

• Thanks 1

Nothing sets off the flavor of a steak like ketchup. 

1 minute ago, TK0001 said:

Everybody but pinko commie tree hugging birkenstock wearing rainbow flag waving libtards like gutter.

Well yea Gutterpedo is a total douche loser. Hence, why I have his B1tch ass on ignore.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

there it is.  Digby is scared to fight me.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

It's too fatty for me.

It's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiin.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

It's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiin.

Goddammit.

38 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

there it is.  Digby is scared to fight me.

Quoted for visibility.  :ninja:

25 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I hate Brussels sprouts, they are to me like cilantro to @wiffleball.  They taste and smell like ass.  Perhaps I binged on them in college during a drunken stupor and my brain has a negative association with them. :dunno:

I loved Ponderosa when I was a kid. I assumed it had died out a long time ago.

Most of the chain steakhouses salt the ever-living-crap out of their steaks, which masks the lower quality of the meat.  It's a good strategy, frankly.  More salt not only improves the taste, but it also sparks thirst.  Places like Longhorn and Saltgrass make their living off of Joe Averages who love salt and beer.  

39 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I hate Brussels sprouts, they are to me like cilantro to @wiffleball.  They taste and smell like ass.  Perhaps I binged on them in college during a drunken stupor and my brain has a negative association with them. :dunno:

This guy knows things.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nothing sets off the flavor of a steak like ketchup. 

Only on a properly cooked well done steak!!!

I remember Bonanza gone now.  I would get the little Joe steak and dad would get Big Hoss.  There is a a sizzler here though. I remember a guy yelling in the restaurant “God Dammit this isn’t medium rare”. Place doesn’t attract the best crowds but they did have those soft serve machines for their patrons to enjoy. 

1 hour ago, fricker66 said:

Places like Longhorn and Saltgrass make their living off of Joe Averages who love salt and beer.  

Works for me, I'm not some self-important douche who needs to impress people with their food choices.

Back in the 90's and early 2,000 Ponderosa had some great chicken wing dings at their buffet. Would go just to pig out on them. One here went out of business about 4 years ago and Red Robins took it's spot.

I bet this post is making Dan Blocker roll around in his grave. He probably can do that now since all the weight he lost over the years decaying.

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Hoss's and we still have one here and not a fan.

Ryans is alot like a poundaroaches

30 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Ryans is alot like a poundaroaches

I see and think we have one about 30 miles away but never ate at one.

You never had a steak unless you had a Tad’s in Times Square. Gone now, but as they say, a Tads steak was as tough as NY. Neither is true anymore though. 

Back to the brussel sprouts - I’m cooking sprouts asparagus and steaming artichokes right now. What was so good about there’s ??

11 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Back to the brussel sprouts - I’m cooking sprouts asparagus and steaming artichokes right now. What was so good about there’s ??

The fact they didn't have to cook them ?

3 hours ago, fricker66 said:

Most of the chain steakhouses salt the ever-living-crap out of their steaks, which masks the lower quality of the meat.  It's a good strategy, frankly.  More salt not only improves the taste, but it also sparks thirst.  Places like Longhorn and Saltgrass make their living off of Joe Averages who love salt and beer.  

I've not encountered any over salted steaks at regular Joe steakhouses.. But can't count how many times I see people salt their steak/food before they even taste it, my pop included - I doubt they notice. 

The ultimate $$ grab at restaurants is wine. Put a fancy label on it and list in Italics, you can markup 5 times the cost. 

I’m not paying 50 dollars for a steak. I’ve had them all.  Morton’s, Ruths Chris, and a few others. Not worth the price.Especially when you consider that after tax and tip it’s a 70 dollar steak.  Looks like it’s homemade for me or an 18 dollar sirloin at Outback. 

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

The fact they didn't have to cook them ?

I just baked them with EVOO and salt and pepper. I like it for the vegetables flavor but I want to know what made them great. 

2 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

I just cooked hibachi chicken and shrimp on the blackstone griddle...

Quite the feast and didnt cost 150 bucks for the 5 of us.

1 hour ago, Mike Isles said:

I just baked them with EVOO and salt and pepper. I like it for the vegetables flavor but I want to know what made them great. 

You had to be there.

16 hours ago, TK0001 said:

Works for me, I'm not some self-important douche who needs to impress people with their food choices.

I don't think I have ever been to a "fancy" steakhouse where I was paying the tab.  I have been to a lot of them on business.  Steakhouses are not really my thing -- I'd much rather go to a good family-owned joint with a solid reputation.

15 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I've not encountered any over salted steaks at regular Joe steakhouses.. But can't count how many times I see people salt their steak/food before they even taste it, my pop included - I doubt they notice. 

The ultimate $$ grab at restaurants is wine. Put a fancy label on it and list in Italics, you can markup 5 times the cost. 

but your paying for the atmosphere and the pleasure of eating with refined, educated, expensive clientele!!!!

2 hours ago, fricker66 said:

I don't think I have ever been to a "fancy" steakhouse where I was paying the tab. 

Me either. I only go if the company is paying for it. Otherwise I'd rather grill my own.

20 hours ago, jerryskids said:

AMEN!  Not even bacon can drown out the taste of those green sh!t balls!

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

AMEN!  Not even bacon can drown out the taste of those green sh!t balls!

I have a lot of supertaster qualities, which sounds exotic but a lot of people are classified as such.

Bitterness really strikes at a supertaster's fungiform papillae, those bumps on your tongue that house your taste buds. Because of their enhanced flavor awareness, supertasters can't stand those bitter greens from the Brassica oleracea species: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, and Brussels sprouts.

https://askdruniverse.wsu.edu/2015/02/04/taste-buds-for-brussel-sprouts/

I’m OK with broccoli and cauliflower if cooked, but not raw.  Cabbage is bearable in small doses.  The other two, no thanks.

• Sad 2