Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

The Best Burger in Every State

I grew up in Memphis. My family still lives there. Never heard of the supposedly famous Ernestine & hazels.

It wasn't even nominated for the best burger in this year's Memphis flyer.

These articles are dumb. I mean I suppose they tried EVERY FOCKING BURGER in the whole focking country? Because that’s what you would literally have to do to declare “the best” in every state.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

These articles are dumb. I mean I suppose they tried EVERY FOCKING BURGER in the whole focking country? Because that’s what you would literally have to do to declare “the best” in every state.

Completely agree.  Especially when you look at big states like California and Texas.  Hell you can't even figure out the best burger in LA, Houston, San Diego or Dallas much less the whole damn state.  Maybe you can do it for states like MT, WY, Delaware, NM or AK but in every other state? Get the fock outta here.

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Completely agree.  Especially when you look at big states like California and Texas.  Hell you can't even figure out the best burger in LA, Houston, San Diego or Dallas much less the whole damn state.  Maybe you can do it for states like MT, WY, Delaware, NM or AK but in every other state? Get the fock outta here.

This.

I have actually had a burger at Zuni )known for their roasted chicken) and it’s good..... but I have had better burgers in California.

26 minutes ago, Bert said:

They are right about Alaska. Very fond memories of lunches at Club Paris :wub:

no Whalburger? :lol:

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Agreed.

Click bait type crap.  Juuuuuuuuust to see who they picked in your state...people open the article.   (all while thinking to themselves "uuhhh....sure...they tried ever burger in the entire state..."  while rolling their eyes)

On 7/30/2021 at 9:33 AM, IGotWorms said:

It’s called click bait. 

You want to see the hottest chick from 1980 looks now....... Click Bait. 

The Indiana review is pretty good.  WMF is famed for burgers, we’ve been serving smashed crispy edge patties my whole life, we prefer Red Gold.  

On 7/30/2021 at 8:33 AM, IGotWorms said:

This was around 8-10 years ago, because it was before we had kids. There was a usatoday article the best 10 chinese restaurants in america that my wife read. One of the top restaurant was in houston. It was located right in the middle of china town, however neither my wife or i had ever heard of it, so of course we had to go there and try it.

It was absolutely one of the crappiest restaurants i have ever eaten at. I have eaten at many of the china town restaurants in houston and before our food was served i remember discussing with my wife a major red flag. There were only white people eating at the restaurant. If you go to a good china town restaurant you should be surrounded by asians, or at very least in the case of some of the crawfish/Vietnamese type restaurants a very diverse crowd. However in this restaurant , everyone else was white.

Ever since then I have seen many of these top restaurant lists, and i do click on them occasionally, they feature restaurants from all over the country. How the fock is a poor journalist from yahoo, usatoday, foodandwine, associated press, etc, making 40-50k a year supposed to travel all around the country to find these "top" restaurants.

I have come to the conclusion that they just pick any restaurant at random, read a few reviews from google, yelp, etc, and then write the review.

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

This was around 8-10 years ago, because it was before we had kids. There was a usatoday article the best 10 chinese restaurants in america that my wife read. One of the top restaurant was in houston. It was located right in the middle of china town, however neither my wife or i had ever heard of it, so of course we had to go there and try it.

It was absolutely one of the crappiest restaurants i have ever eaten at. I have eaten at many of the china town restaurants in houston and before our food was served i remember discussing with my wife a major red flag. There were only white people eating at the restaurant. If you go to a good china town restaurant you should be surrounded by asians, or at very least in the case of some of the crawfish/Vietnamese type restaurants a very diverse crowd. However in this restaurant , everyone else was white.

Ever since then I have seen many of these top restaurant lists, and i do click on them occasionally, they feature restaurants from all over the country. How the fock is a poor journalist from yahoo, usatoday, foodandwine, associated press, etc, making 40-50k a year supposed to travel all around the country to find these "top" restaurants.

I have come to the conclusion that they just pick any restaurant at random, read a few reviews from google, yelp, etc, and then write the review.

I do not eat Chinese outside of NYC (or suburbs of )

Ive had swensons in Akron...quality burger.

Like my dad always said...hunger is the best sauce.

Any burger can be great...even an over cooked dried puck after workin in the yard all day...and having a cold beer with it.

3 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

I do not eat Chinese outside of NYC (or suburbs of )

Woo Hop in China town! I ordered the number 2 just to hear the girl say, “You want number 2?””

Can we get over the burger craze already? Like 2005? Jesus Christ, its a  f****** hamburger. 

And if you trying to charge me double digits for a f****** hamburger? I will stab you in the neck.

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Ive had swensons in Akron...quality burger.

Like my dad always said...hunger is the best sauce.

Any burger can be great...even an over cooked dried puck after workin in the yard all day...and having a cold beer with it.

Your dad always told me I made the best sauce.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Woo Hop in China town! I ordered the number 2 just to hear the girl say, “You want number 2?””

First time I was in Skyline Chili in Ohio I was with a girl after a date. This hot chick behind the register asked me if I wanted a three-way.

"Absolutely!!!"

She thought it was funny. Date was decidedly not amused.

Flock her.

So I did. 

8 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

White people Chinese food and Chinese people Chinese food are not the same thing at all.

In fact, to Chinese people, the term Chinese food is silly, as they have like 20 different regional cuisines.

So in America, I disagree. I generally want the Chinese restaurant full white people, as they are cooking the version geared to me. 

On 7/30/2021 at 7:57 AM, Bert said:

This is what's called click bait. 

8 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

You ever hear of the Payola Scandal? It exists big time in the restaurant business.

I was in Niagra NY one time. Can't remember where I ate. But I had a cheese burger that also had bacon, pulled pork, and onion rings on it. It was excellent. Fries were decent, and the pickles were really good too.

3 minutes ago, Kopy said:

I was in Niagra NY one time. Can't remember where I ate. But I had a cheese burger that also had bacon, pulled pork, and onion rings on it. It was excellent. Fries were decent, and the pickles were really good too.

Sounds like one of those burgers that is twice as tall as my mouth so I have to do surgery on it to eat it. 

18 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

It’s called click bait. 

You want to see the hottest chick from 1980 looks now....... Click Bait. 

Link??! :banana:

12 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

My suspicion as well. Some of them will come right out with it say things like “reviewers seemed to like…” Which is lame, but at least honest

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Can we get over the burger craze already? Like 2005? Jesus Christ, its a  f****** hamburger. 

And if you trying to charge me double digits for a f****** hamburger? I will stab you in the neck.

Lol, 2001 called and said you should move on.

At this point if it’s under $20 it’s nearly a bargain

The Blazer Pub in North Salem NY is my nominee. 

Five Guys is good enough

23 minutes ago, peenie said:

Five Guys is good enough

👎

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, peenie said:

Five Guys is good enough

Ugh. A chain is a chain. Even the best won’t come remotely close to a good local joint.