Pimpadeaux

Ukraine - Doomsday

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Biden is learning Putin is a little harder to deal with than Corn Pop.

Biden's handlers are going to learn they're not nearly as smart as they think they are. 

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Biden's handlers are going to learn they're not nearly as smart as they think they are. 

You try handling Biden for that long.  You would spend more time washing your hands than a nurse in an Ebola ward.

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Putin is playing chess.  Biden is playing go fish

Biden is attempting to eat the checkers thinking they are cookies.  He's dipping them in milk.  We are so focking doomed.  It's a sad day in America when you actually wish that Kamala Harris is President.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10536311/Biden-phones-Zelensky-gathers-National-Security-team-Putin-speech.html

• Russian tanks have rolled into Donetsk and Luhansk after Putin ordered 'peacekeepers' into the regions
  • Putin last night officially recognized the two areas of Ukraine as independent regions in a press conference

You guys really nailed this one. :lol:

I do find this move on the part of Putin to be a little concerning. He obviously knew he risked having a large portion of the world set against Russia, but in his calculus he figured it would still work out for him, and he is moving forward.

I have no doubt this is well thought out and planned, and he is all in at this time.  

I have no idea where this goes or how it ends. But every dictatorial nation is watching from China to Canada, and will be emboldened by this. 

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Did they invade?

I mean there are plenty of reports that say tanks and personnel have already crossed the border?

there is the distinct possibility Ukraine just gives them back that land and doesn’t get everybody killed. Those people want to be russian anyway.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

I mean there are plenty of reports that say tanks and personnel have already crossed the border?

there is the distinct possibility Ukraine just gives them back that land and doesn’t get everybody killed. Those people want to be russian anyway.

Ah so it's an invasion in the same way your wife's boyfriend invades her snatch while you're away at work.

21 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Ah so it's an invasion in the same way your wife's boyfriend invades her snatch while you're away at work.

Boy you were trying really hard on that one werent you? 

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Boy you were trying really hard on that one werent you? 

I put more work into it than Russia put into this "invasion"

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I put more work into it than Russia put into this "invasion"

Lol… it’s OK to take an L. We all do it. Now not all of us were complete gas bag blow hards leading up to it like you were but we all take an L. 

i still love you.

Meaningless sanctions should get Putin to back down. Maybe if Biden did it last year when Russia started all this they may have worked. Instead he gave them a pipeline into Europe. Brilliant. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol… it’s OK to take an L. We all do it. Now not all of us were complete gas bag blow hards leading up to it like you were but we all take an L. 

i still love you.

Leading up to what? I clicked the link and I see people waving flags and setting off fireworks.

It's not an invasion when you open the door and invite them in.

this is so weird.  russia rolled in its tanks.  ukraine not fighting back.  biden not fighting back.  russians in ukraine cheering.  germany merely threates to end its pipeline with russia.  feels like obama red line all over again.

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

this is so weird.  russia rolled in its tanks.  ukraine not fighting back.  biden not fighting back.  russians in ukraine cheering.  germany merely threates to end its pipeline with russia.  feels like obama red line all over again.

Putin invaded because he knows that Biden is a puzzy and wont do sh!t

31 minutes ago, vomit said:

Putin invaded because he knows that Biden is a puzzy and wont do sh!t

Biden may or not be a puzzy.  He never intended to get in the way. It was all distraction. 

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

It would be refreshing if you invested what little intelligence a Yooper has into understanding this situation. 

Those areas Putin recognized are pro-Russian and have seen conflict between the Ukers and pro-Ruskie groups for years. Russia already had troops in there, so they basically just sent some more in under the baloney pretense of them being "peacekeepers." 

2 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Ding!

Putin made his move, and then some sanctions got rolled out. 

Now the question is whether he'll go for the whole enchilada.

If fighting breaks out in those two territories he grabbed, he might just say the Ukers started it and gave Russia no choice but to go for the whole enchilada.

17 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It would be refreshing if you invested what little intelligence a Yooper has into understanding this situation. 

Those areas Putin recognized are pro-Russian and have seen conflict between the Ukers and pro-Ruskie groups for years. Russia already had troops in there, so they basically just sent some more in under the baloney pretense of them being "peacekeepers." 

Ding!

Putin made his move, and then some sanctions got rolled out. 

Now the question is whether he'll go for the whole enchilada.

If fighting breaks out in those two territories he grabbed, he might just say the Ukers started it and gave Russia no choice but to go for the whole enchilada.

:lol: Sissy fight sanctions. :lol:

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2022 at 5:00 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

But just keep trying to jam that triangular peg into a hexagonal hole

I just wanted to add that if you could divide 6 by 3, you would know that a triangular peg would fit quite nicely into a hexagonal hole.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I just wanted to add that if you could divide 6 by 3, you would know that a triangular peg would fit quite nicely into a hexagonal hole.  :thumbsup:

I'll jam something in your hole, wise guy. :mad:

Does anyone know why it is Ukraine and not a different former part of the USSR that Putin is interested in?

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Does anyone know why it is Ukraine and not a different former part of the USSR that Putin is interested in?

The United States wants Ukraine to join NATO. European countries have been joining NATO at a good pace the last decade or so. This is a bridge too far for Putin. He doesn’t want NATO troops next door. Or missiles. The rest is fluff oh yeah, NATO doesn’t want Ukraine to join either. This is a war monger/ neo con/ globalist thing. 

If Russia invades I have a bad feeling my job will suck for a few weeks. My guess is that will lead to sanctions against the entire russian oil industry and we will need to pull all access for Russian users. 

Currently there are only sanctions against deep water and horizontal fracking.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The United States wants Ukraine to join NATO. European countries have been joining NATO at a good pace the last decade or so. This is a bridge too far for Putin. He doesn’t want NATO troops next door. Or missiles. The rest is fluff 

That makes sense :cheers:

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I saw a news piece on this last night, and Ukraine is a juggernaut when it comes to growing food, manufacturing, etc. At one time, it was supplying all of Russia with around a quarter of what it consumes. It was even building nuclear missiles for Russia and had a bunch of nukes after it broke off from the Soviet Union. However, the country went de-nuclear, although I wonder if they still have a few lying around somewhere.

So not only is Ukraine of strategic military importance to Russia, it's a huge producer of stuff.

Famine in the early 1930s killed millions of Ukranians, and there is a theory that Stalin ordered a man-made famine. There was a lot of cannibalism going on. 

Ukraine has a history of craziness.

Just now, Pimpadeaux said:

I saw a news piece on this last night, and Ukraine is a juggernaut when it comes to growing food, manufacturing, etc. At one time, it was supplying all of Russia with around a quarter of what it consumes. It was even building nuclear missiles for Russia and had a bunch of nukes after it broke off from the Soviet Union. However, the country went de-nuclear, although I wonder if they still have a few lying around somewhere.

So not only is Ukraine of strategic military importance to Russia, it's a huge producer of stuff.

Famine in the early 1930s killed millions of Ukranians, and there is a theory that Stalin ordered a man-made famine. There was a lot of cannibalism going on. 

Ukraine has a history of craziness.

That’s true, but Russia has a zero chance of taking Ukraine over military. Putin wants a puppet. Then he gets access to that market without  a war he can’t win. He wants what China has with us. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s true, but Russia has a zero chance of taking Ukraine over military. Putin wants a puppet. Then he gets access to that market without  a war he can’t win. He wants what China has with us. 

Seems like Russia has an overwhelming military advantage here. How do you see a war between the two countries playing out?

8 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Seems like Russia has an overwhelming military advantage here. How do you see a war between the two countries playing out?

It won’t be between the two countries. And Ukraine would make Afghanistan look like the Faukland Islands war. Russia gets cut off, their people starve. China can’t keep them afloat or China gets cut off. They need Wal Mart. China has a lot of peasants to feed and keep them working in the factories to sell us stuff. Then again, just like with women, you can’t account for crazy. 

46 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The United States wants Ukraine to join NATO. European countries have been joining NATO at a good pace the last decade or so. This is a bridge too far for Putin. He doesn’t want NATO troops next door. Or missiles. The rest is fluff oh yeah, NATO doesn’t want Ukraine to join either. This is a war monger/ neo con/ globalist thing. 

I have not been following this at all, i have not read or watched a single article as it relates to this, and to be honest I probably won't unless something escalates.

Has it been mentioned how all of this relates to Taiwan?

My initial feeling is that any reaction that the US takes towards Ukraine is really a deterrent so that China does not get any ideas towards Taiwan. If we let this go then maybe China is bold?

We do not need a free Ukraine like we need a free Taiwan.

Edit:

Scanning posts above mine I realize I am too far out of the loop on this topic. I hope for the best though.

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It won’t be between the two countries. And Ukraine would make Afghanistan look like the Faukland Islands war. Russia gets cut off, their people starve. China can’t keep them afloat or China gets cut off. They need Wal Mart. China has a lot of peasants to feed and keep them working in the factories to sell us stuff. Then again, just like with women, you can’t account for crazy. 

Russians as a whole seem pretty crazy. I like looking at the Youtube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSk5qGVN5oM

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have not been following this at all, i have not read or watched a single article as it relates to this, and to be honest I probably won't unless something escalates.

Has it been mentioned how all of this relates to Taiwan?

My initial feeling is that any reaction that the US takes towards Ukraine is really a deterrent so that China does not get any ideas towards Taiwan. If we let this go then maybe China is bold?

There have been discussions about whether there is a bigger picture here, one involving China, Iran and North Korea. Russia attacks Ukraine. China goes after Taiwan. Iran attacks Iraq. North Korea attacks Japan or South Korea. 

Then we have ourselves World War III.

Political ideologies coming to a head right now, with all eyes on Ukraine.

It's pretty scary. Russia attacking Ukraine would be the bloodiest conflict since World War II.

I can understand that this has to be one heck of a conundrum for Biden. 

Putin doesn't have any hair to sniff. 

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I can understand that this has to be one heck of a conundrum for Biden. 

Putin doesn't have any hair to sniff. 

Putin seemed a bit crazy sauce yesterday in his long, rambling, angry speech. 

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Putin seemed a bit crazy sauce yesterday in his long, rambling, angry speech. 

That's because he wanted to do it shirtless from horseback.