Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Even retired cops can kill people with no repercussions

Someone doesn’t believe in the jury system. Have a better idea? And any examples of cops killing people without repercussions? You must have a list. Didn’t see you post about that Muslim cop who killed the woman in Minnesota or the black guy who killed Ashley Babbit at the Capitol. Are they on your list? They should be. 

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I don't understand that. 

Gotta wonder if the victim wasn't white. 

Juries don’t always get it right. They are made up of humans.  On a side note, way more than half of the murders in crime ridden cities never even result in an indictment.  But let’s only concentrate on the minuscule number of cops that kill someone. 

• Like 2

Even retired cops who are highly decorated  should be held to a higher standard than some doddering grandfather in the movie theater. I'm sure he thought he was freaking Rambo or Dirty Harry in the movie theater,  but when held accountable, suddenly became a retarded cripple.

I'm sorry, popcorn and cell phones are not a Lethal Weapon.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Someone doesn’t believe in the jury system. Have a better idea? And any examples of cops killing people without repercussions? You must have a list. Didn’t see you post about that Muslim cop who killed the woman in Minnesota or the black guy who killed Ashley Babbit at the Capitol. Are they on your list? They should be. 

Mohamed Noor did have repercussions.

Ashli Babbit was breaking into the capital.

Here are a few other examples:

Daniel Shaver shooting (white guy)

Daniel Harris shooting (white guy - https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/97246704)

Philando Castile shooting

When did he become a cop again? He is simply not a cop. 

And dlckheads in movies that don't turn their phones off and then get aggressive to someone who tells hiim to shut his phone off deserve what they get in the end. 

NOT GUILTY! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Juries don’t always get it right. They are made up of humans.  On a side note, way more than half of the murders in crime ridden cities never even result in an indictment.  But let’s only concentrate on the minuscule number of cops that kill someone. 

This.

9 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Sounds like they over charged him.  Nice thread title, Patrice.

Yup.   What are the repercussions for the DA who decided to go full hardo and charge him with man2 and blew the case?    

Plus - both these guys sound like A-holes anyway.   Who cares.   You get in a beef with an old guy at a movie theater, you're both there with your wives, and you're throwing popcorn and cell phones at him?    That's not a "he got what he deserved" comment, that's a "WTF are you doing, you idiot?" comment.    

Another example of why "just walk away" are words to live by.    You never know if the guy you get in a beef  with is a psycho or on drugs, or maybe a pistol packing former police captain.    The funny thing is - the only fights you "should" get in are with people you know.   Getting into a scrap with a stranger is just fuking playing Russian Roulette.    Many years ago there was in incident in MA where two people got into a road rage incident.   One of the guys was a hunter and pulled a crossbow out of the trunk of his car and shot the other guy dead with it.   You just never know.      

16 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Even retired cops who are highly decorated  should be held to a higher standard than some doddering grandfather in the movie theater. I'm sure he thought he was freaking Rambo or Dirty Harry in the movie theater,  but when held accountable, suddenly became a retarded cripple.

I'm sorry, popcorn and cell phones are not a Lethal Weapon.

What do you think was going to happen after the guy threw his $1000 cell phone at them? Do you think he was just going to let it go and then sit down quietly?

Fock that. That enraged 43 year old could have snapped the old dude's neck with a single punch. No reason to wait for it to happen. Shoot to kill when the threat is real and in the moment.  :thumbsup:

The old dude should now sue the family for pain and suffering since this put him through so much over the years. 8 focking years this was hanging over his head. 

If the article is true and he was just texting during the previews, I cannot see getting all fired up at that time.  During the movie politely ask the jagoff to end it maybe, and if he does not take it to management and have him moved or removed I think.

I think it is bad for people to just be shooting each other like this.  

Was he just out for a jog in the movie theatre? 🤣

Hard to believe this is the scenario the old man had in mind when he decided to take his gun everywhere. I’m sure it was much more heroic when he thought about it. 

I don’t blame the jury. I blame the law itself. When one uses “stand your ground” as self-defense, the prosecution has to DISPROVE your assertion that you felt threatened. How absurd is that? You kill somebody, admit it, and then say “well I FELT threatened, so I had to kill him.” What a garbage law. You can basically shoot anybody you want in Florida and get away with it. The killer didn’t even seem to feel bad about what he did. He was laughing and smiling after the verdict. What a piece of garbage.

So we can add “throwing popcorn” to “buying skittles” on the list of reasons for justifiable homicide in Florida.

3 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I don’t blame the jury. I blame the law itself. When one uses “stand your ground” as self-defense, the prosecution has to DISPROVE your assertion that you felt threatened. How absurd is that? You kill somebody, admit it, and then say “well I FELT threatened, so I had to kill him.” What a garbage law. You can basically shoot anybody you want in Florida and get away with it. The killer didn’t even seem to feel bad about what he did. He was laughing and smiling after the verdict. What a piece of garbage.

So we can add “throwing popcorn” to “buying skittles” on the list of reasons for justifiable homicide in Florida.

Not at all absurd. If you don't want to deal with the possible consequences of you starting a fight, then don't start the fight. How hard is that?

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Not at all absurd. If you don't want to deal with the possible consequences of you starting a fight, then don't start the fight. How hard is that?

The killer DID start the fight. That’s why the law is so f-ed up. He was mad at the other guy for texting during previews at a movie theater. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The killer DID start the fight. That’s why the law is so f-ed up. He was mad at the other guy for texting during previews at a movie theater. 

He asked a guy to turn his phone off in the movie theater. It's not a fighting request. 

Jeez. You must be one of the idiots who can't go to a movie with their phone off because you can't let go of being in touch with the outside world for a couple hours.

That's a teenager type of mentality. 

On 2/26/2022 at 1:56 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

HT -  you referenced in another thread (I couldn't find it to quote) a good article in American Thinker about the Trayvon Martin case.    Is this the one you are referring to?:   A Decade of Deceit and Division: What Trayvon Wrought - American Thinker  

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

That's right.  A simpler way to say this is, the defendant is innocent until the DA proves he guilty.  I'm not sure where the issue is.

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

HT -  you referenced in another thread (I couldn't find it to quote) a good article in American Thinker about the Trayvon Martin case.    Is this the one you are referring to?:   A Decade of Deceit and Division: What Trayvon Wrought - American Thinker  

That’s the one.  Eye opener.  

4 hours ago, dogcows said:

He already bought the skittles and was no where near a store. What the skittles has to do with the story is nothing. Unless you’re trying to paint him as an angel.  

4 hours ago, dogcows said:

This. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s the one.  Eye opener.  

Yah, I think I am picking up what you were putting down on this one.    I had no idea that they pulled a "girlfriend swap" and actually had the fake girlfriend testify.   I'm no law expert but aren't you supposed to go to jail for doing stuff like that?      I also didn't know some of the stuff about what Trayvon did that night and some of Zimmermans actions and background.     I think I am with you - I just kind of figured that Zimmerman was some kind of loser and Trayvon had his issues but shouldn't have ended up dead that night.   After reading that piece I have a bit of a different feeling for the incident.    And most mind-boggling;  I didn't think it was possible for my opinion of MSM to go any lower, but after reading the stuff in that piece about how the media acted - yup, we just moved the bar even lower for my opinion of "journalists".    

6 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Yah, I think I am picking up what you were putting down on this one.    I had no idea that they pulled a "girlfriend swap" and actually had the fake girlfriend testify.   I'm no law expert but aren't you supposed to go to jail for doing stuff like that?      I also didn't know some of the stuff about what Trayvon did that night and some of Zimmermans actions and background.     I think I am with you - I just kind of figured that Zimmerman was some kind of loser and Trayvon had his issues but shouldn't have ended up dead that night.   After reading that piece I have a bit of a different feeling for the incident.    And most mind-boggling;  I didn't think it was possible for my opinion of MSM to go any lower, but after reading the stuff in that piece about how the media acted - yup, we just moved the bar even lower for my opinion of "journalists".    

I always thought GZ got out of his car to confront Martin, emboldened because  he was armed. Not the case. He was trying to get an address for the cops amd heading back when Martin came after him. Still think GZ is a kook, but man the MSM really went out of their way to Fock this guy. And Obama of course had to throw gasoline on the whole thing.  I should have known better. When they start trying to make angels out of them that should be the indicator. You don’t have to do that with real victims. 

Dead guy was in the process of committing 2 felonies against an old focking man when he got shot in the face. That's why the defendant walked. Don't want shot in the focking face? Turn around, sit down and shut the fock up tough guy. An armed society should be a polite society. Some of you fockers are too stupid to live. 

I'm sorry, if you're a decorated cop , head of the SWAT team and the most fearful you've ever been in your life is some guy threw popcorn at you that's just complete bullxhiit.  Sounds like he's on the Leading Edge of dementia. Wich I wouldn't wish  on anybody.

• Thanks 1