Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

20 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'd say it's pretty noteworthy that X would become subscription based.  I think a lot of people wouldn't use it anymore.  I know I wouldn't.  

I wouldn't.  If they go subscription based then everyone goes to Threads, or another free service.  Musk claims that it's the only way to stop bots, but that's just an ignorant statement.  It's pretty amazing how terrible he has been since he bought this company.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

The official death of Twitter/x is upon us now.

X owner Elon Musk today floated the idea that the social network formerly known as Twitter may no longer be a free site. In a live-streamed conversation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday, Musk said the company was “moving to a small monthly payment” for the use of the X system. He suggested that such a change would be necessary to deal with the problem of bots on the platform.

https://techcrunch.com/2023/09/18/elon-musk-says-x-will-charge-users-a-small-monthly-payment-to-use-its-service/

How would a “small monthly payment” eliminate bots anyway?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

How would a “small monthly payment” eliminate bots anyway?

Presumably the bots wouldn't be able to pay.

According to the marketing firm's data, only two of Ebiquity's clients bought ads on X last month, a massive drop from 31 brands in September 2022. The consultancy works with 70 out of 100 top-spending advertisers, per Insider, including the likes of Google, Walmart, and General Motors.

"This is a drop we have not seen before for any major advertising platform," Ruben Schreurs, Ebiquity's chief strategy officer, told the publication.

X is shrinking meaningfully under Elon Musk. Since Musk bought Twitter in October 2022, it’s lost approximately 13 percent of its app’s daily active users, according to new data from mobile research firm Apptopia (that I was first to report last week on Big Technology), and its rebrand as X only accelerated the decline. Meta’s Twitter clone Threads, meanwhile, isn’t taking advantage of its rival’s troubles, with stagnant engagement and little meaningful migration.

So much for Meta’s ‘Twitter killer’: Major brands shun Threads, traffic plunges 80%

By Ariel Zilber

Published Oct. 4, 2023, 4:09 p.m. ET

Many of the nation’s top brands and celebrities have stopped posting on Meta’s new social network Threads — billed as a “Twitter killer” at the time of its splashy summer debut — as user traffic has plunged by more than 80%.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/04/metas-twitter-killer-brands-shun-threads-traffic-plunges/

Threads ain't it.

The country would be so much better off without X or Threads or any of the insipid social media where anyone can post anything and the morons among us slurp it up like it's reality.

Idiocracy is here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

X is shrinking meaningfully under Elon Musk. Since Musk bought Twitter in October 2022, it’s lost approximately 13 percent of its app’s daily active users, according to new data from mobile research firm Apptopia (that I was first to report last week on Big Technology), and its rebrand as X only accelerated the decline. Meta’s Twitter clone Threads, meanwhile, isn’t taking advantage of its rival’s troubles, with stagnant engagement and little meaningful migration.

39 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

The country would be so much better off without X or Threads or any of the insipid social media where anyone can post anything and the morons among us slurp it up like it's reality.

Idiocracy is here. 

Agreed. Social media has ruined people. The ability to say whatever you want without fear of being punched in the face.

How many of those "active users" in total were real?

Clearly Twitter under Jack Dorsey , i.e. the previous ownership, were manipulating the numbers. Which is fraud when you consider Dorsey's Twitter sold advertising, under legal contract, to large corporations, under the premise that the general Twitter userbase was "real" and the numbers were accurate. 

According to the marketing firm's data, only two of Ebiquity's clients bought ads on X last month, a massive drop from 31 brands in September 2022. The consultancy works with 70 out of 100 top-spending advertisers, per Insider, including the likes of Google, Walmart, and General Motors.

"This is a drop we have not seen before for any major advertising platform," Ruben Schreurs, Ebiquity's chief strategy officer, told the publication.

Is there a correlation to Twitter, under Musk, readjusting to real subscriber numbers, thus current advertisers are leery of how many "bots" are present on site? ( i.e. a function of how Twitter operated under Jack Dorsey)  I'm sure some companies will depart because they are ideologically opposed to Musk, but how many would that be? No other platform can compete with Twitter for what it does right now. 

You don't want to explore that question. 

In fact, you'll crow on again and again that you have me blocked. OK, if this is blocked, you'll see none of these videos and learn nothing and have no context. That's your choice. 

Hell, I'm surprised Twitter is still a thing. Power company must have given them an extension.

:dunno:

8 hours ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

Is there a correlation to Twitter, under Musk, readjusting to real subscriber numbers, thus current advertisers are leery of how many "bots" are present on site? ( i.e. a function of how Twitter operated under Jack Dorsey)  I'm sure some companies will depart because they are ideologically opposed to Musk, but how many would that be? No other platform can compete with Twitter for what it does right now. 

You don't want to explore that question. 

In fact, you'll crow on again and again that you have me blocked. OK, if this is blocked, you'll see none of these videos and learn nothing and have no context. That's your choice. 

I think the bots are worse now honestly.  Like 2/3 of my followers are Chinese bots

• Sad 1

Woketards loved Twitter when it was suppressing information they didn’t want the people to know about.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2023 at 6:44 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Woketards loved Twitter when it was suppressing information they didn’t want the people to know about.  

Yep.  100%.  Not even debatable.

Liberals love free speech when it's speech they approve of.  Of course, they don't want free speech when its speech they don't approve of.

33 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yep.  100%.  Not even debatable.

Liberals love free speech when it's speech they approve of.  Of course, they don't want free speech when its speech they don't approve of.

Conservatives love free speech when the truth about Trump is suppressed, when racism is allowed and encouraged, and when fake science can be spread resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Basically conservatives want the truth withheld and lies spread.

Conservatives are weird that way. 

2 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Conservatives love free speech.

Conservatives are weird that way. 

Yep.

Old Twitter deleted some tweets by Trump on Jan 6.  Must of been the one where he gave the order to attack. 

They’re coming for him with all the arrows. They can’t control Elon like all the others in social or legacy media. Maybe only excluding Joe Rogan and Tucker Carlson. 

• Thanks 1

I’m still trying to figure out why some average Joes that post here were/ are so upset about this? I get why democrat politicians and their media hores are, they lost control of a very useful tool, but why you guys? Oh wait, they told you to be upset so you got to whining again.  Lol.  

Liberals and haters of free speech punching at the sky. The lights are still on. :(

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Liberals and haters of free speech punching at the sky. The lights are still on. :(

Xcelent.

All liberals hate freedom of speech.

Twitter was bought for 44 billion by Elon Musk....today Twitter values itself- on its own internal documents- at 19 billion. 

But it's more important to try and say that he "owned libs." 

:rolleyes:

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Twitter was bought for 44 billion by Elon Musk....today Twitter values itself- on its own internal documents- at 19 billion. 

But it's more important to try and say that he "owned libs." 

:rolleyes:

It was not a liberal vs. Conservative thing you leftist authoritarian idiot.  It was about freedom of speech and against the government censorship you bootlicker.  Bootlickers love them some censorship and lynching.  Pretty disgusting people. 

On 11/28/2023 at 4:50 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m still trying to figure out why some average Joes that post here were/ are so upset about this? I get why democrat politicians and their media hores are, they lost control of a very useful tool, but why you guys? Oh wait, they told you to be upset so you got to whining again.  Lol.  

Bootlickers do not fair very well when there is no mass censorship.  They tend to get their arses beat.

16 hours ago, Reality said:

Elon has done some good things with twitter, but I really don’t like that he got rid of the character limit for blue subscribers. God damn that was long

3 hours ago, jonmx said:

It was not a liberal vs. Conservative thing you leftist authoritarian idiot.  It was about freedom of speech and against the government censorship you bootlicker.  Bootlickers love them some censorship and lynching.  Pretty disgusting people. 

I suggest you read the thread window licker. It was very much about "owning libs" for the dope squad here...which you are strongly angling to be the leader of.

Again- their value has dropped 56% despite what the hero worshipping idiots on X write and the billionaire bootlicking idiots here want to believe. Dispute the numbers with actual evidence. 

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I suggest you read the thread window licker. It was very much about "owning libs" for the dope squad here...which you are strongly angling to be the leader of.

Again- their value has dropped 56% despite what the hero worshipping idiots on X write and the billionaire bootlicking idiots here want to believe. Dispute the numbers with actual evidence. 

It doesn't really matter what people in this thread think.  It is what Musk thought and his motivation.  Musk is no conservative.  Most people get sucked in over the trivial issues which are used to divide the masses which fall under these phoney labels of conservative vs. Liberal.  We are being played by the greedy power hungry establishment.  Musk loved his Twitter and was appalled at the unfair censorship which was going down.  He thought he could fix it by buying it. He was looking at it from a more libertarian perspective, and did not understand the censorship was driven by the establishment types in government and that Twitter like the other tech giants were infiltrated by government intelligence and brainwashed leftists.   Of course to you that is just some crazy conspiracy theory despite the Twitter files exposing it beyond any reasonable deniability.   Musk maybe a billionaire, but he was young and naive and has not yet been brought into the powerful establishment.   Maybe the power or even self-preservation will suck him into the fraternity of corrupt authoritarian bastards who want to rule the world and turn people into surfs.  Maybe one day you will wake up and see the people you support are not working towards your interests.  The Democrat party has gone full authoritarianism.  The GOP leadership has also gone full authoritarianism.   Only the people you despise to your core are the last hope for freedom in this corrupt world of ours.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jonmx said:

It doesn't really matter what people in this thread think.  It is what Musk thought and his motivation.  Musk is no conservative.  Most people get sucked in over the trivial issues which are used to divide the masses which fall under these phoney labels of conservative vs. Liberal.  We are being played by the greedy power hungry establishment.  Musk loved his Twitter and was appalled at the unfair censorship which was going down.  He thought he could fix it by buying it. He was looking at it from a more libertarian perspective, and did not understand the censorship was driven by the establishment types in government and that Twitter like the other tech giants were infiltrated by government intelligence and brainwashed leftists.   Of course to you that is just some crazy conspiracy theory despite the Twitter files exposing it beyond any reasonable deniability.   Musk maybe a billionaire, but he was young and naive and has not yet been brought into the powerful establishment.   Maybe the power or even self-preservation will suck him into the fraternity of corrupt authoritarian bastards who want to rule the world and turn people into surfs.  Maybe one day you will wake up and see the people you support are not working towards your interests.  The Democrat party has gone full authoritarianism.  The GOP leadership has also gone full authoritarianism.   Only the people you despise to your core are the last hope for freedom in this corrupt world of ours.   

How many tears did you shed writing this tripe?

I never said anything about Musk....I spoke about the people in this thread painting it in one way or the other. But to pretend Musk wasn't picking a position is just head up your own a$$ onsense. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

How many tears did you shed writing this tripe?

I never said anything about Musk....I spoke about the people in this thread painting it in one way or the other. But to pretend Musk wasn't picking a position is just head up your own a$$ onsense. 

The very quote I responded to you was you talking about Musk.  All I did was point out the dynamics.  It takes a mental retard to twist that into crying.  Maybe one day you will be able to construct a logical arguement, but I have my doubts. 

• Thanks 1

This is huge. Elon buying Twitter continues to pay dividends for the American people.

For those that care about free speech.

:thumbsup: