Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

montana just banned tictok, statewide.  i think we are the first.  

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Update?  Did that poison pill work to stop Musk from taking over?

The lights are still on 

LINK

Twitter is complying with more government demands under Elon Musk - The company has not refused a single request since Musk took ownership, according to self-reported data.

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

LINK

Twitter is complying with more government demands under Elon Musk - The company has not refused a single request since Musk took ownership, according to self-reported data.

Wtf kind of site are you linking. I’d love to give you a good Singapore caning for being a dumbass linking some gutter of the internet 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Wtf kind of site are you linking. I’d love to give you a good Singapore caning for being a dumbass linking some gutter of the internet 

Fake news?!

Twitter has honored more government takedown requests since Elon has taken over than before. 

Before he took over, Twitter took action on about 50% of government requests. Since Elon took over, that number is 80%.

https://restofworld.org/2023/elon-musk-twitter-government-orders/

As I’ve been saying from the beginning, his “free speech” rhetoric is all BS. 

28 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Twitter has honored more government takedown requests since Elon has taken over than before. 

Before he took over, Twitter took action on about 50% of government requests. Since Elon took over, that number is 80%.

https://restofworld.org/2023/elon-musk-twitter-government-orders/

As I’ve been saying from the beginning, his “free speech” rhetoric is all BS. 

Why are they only going back 12 months prior to Musk? Just going to leave out the bulk of Covid and the election? They may be right, but I find it curious they used the data in this fashion. Percentages are always a clue you’re not getting the whole story. 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

As I’ve been saying from the beginning, his “free speech” rhetoric is all BS

Ohh thank God. I thought you were going to say that Biden is a horrible President. 

France’s Digital Minister Threatens to Ban Twitter in Europe After Site Ditches Disinformation Rules

“Disinformation is one of the gravest threats weighing on our democracies,” said Barrot on French radio network France Info. “Twitter, if it repeatedly doesn’t follow our rules, will be banned from the EU,” the French minister added.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/france-digital-minister-threatens-ban-211327800.html

Maybe they can start using Truth Social.  I know there is no disinformation on that platform since it has Truth right there in the name.

The super genius Elon ended his contract with Google and then realized the site can’t handle its traffic without it. So he’s blocking unregistered users, and limiting how many tweets even paying users can read. Now, one can still embed tweets in news articles and websites, which at least is one good thing.

You might think this would be keeping him pretty busy. Surely he wouldn’t have enough free time to have discussions advocating eliminating democracy… right? Right?

On 7/2/2023 at 9:41 AM, dogcows said:

The super genius Elon ended his contract with Google and then realized the site can’t handle its traffic without it. So he’s blocking unregistered users, and limiting how many tweets even paying users can read. Now, one can still embed tweets in news articles and websites, which at least is one good thing.

You might think this would be keeping him pretty busy. Surely he wouldn’t have enough free time to have discussions advocating eliminating democracy… right? Right?

Sounds like things are going swimmingly there

Pff said fock it, they're going to discord.  I created a discord account yesterday.  Might be my new go to for FF news and tips.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Pff said fock it, they're going to discord.  I created a discord account yesterday.  Might be my new go to for FF news and tips.

Good luck with that . Discord sucks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

Good luck with that . Discord sucks

So does Twitter now.

Something else will come up.  Always does

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

So does Twitter now.

I don’t have a problem with it but I use lists 90% of the time. Create a list on a subject that interests you like FF  , add in user accounts that cover the topic. Lists don’t count towards view limits , keeps a lot of nonsense out and it’s easy to setup

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

So does Twitter now.

I like discord, but not for news distribution.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Lol

Yeah, basically, He's suing them because they did a much better job than his lawyers did.  

• Haha 1

Twitter has officially rebranded to "X" after owner Elon Musk changed its iconic bird logo Monday, marking the latest major shift since his takeover of the social media platform.

The website Twitter.com remained live and branding on the app version of the platform did not appear to change as of early Monday.

Twitter’s world-renowned bird logo was transformed into an X, however.

Dumb name for an app.  And no more tweets, they are now X's. :lol:

11 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Dumb name for an app.  And no more tweets, they are now X's. :lol:

Makes me less likely to use the app, since it will make me think about my X's(One lives in Texas).  :mad:

9 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Love how internet these anonymous internet haters know more about business than a successful billionaire businessman. GTFO  😂

If anything, it seems like a waste of money for a guy complaining about not making a profit.  Major rebrandings are often not succesful

41 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Love how internet these anonymous internet haters know more about business than a successful billionaire businessman. GTFO  😂

Twitter has lost over half its value since Elon bought it. He may have a track record of being a successful billionaire businessman, but he has been out of his element so far in running this company. 

29 minutes ago, squistion said:

Twitter has lost over half its value since Elon bought it. He may have a track record of being a successful billionaire businessman, but he has been out of his element so far in running this company. 

The richest person in the world "may have a track record of being successful"... 

Do you focking morons ever read the stupid shlt you post? :dunno:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Reality said:

The richest person in the world "may have a track record of being successful"... 

Do you focking morons ever read the stupid shlt you post? :dunno:

Squis doesn't...  They just look for X posts to link here...