Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m a man of many words. Like “ Mooney is my pet”. 

At this point your inability to quit me makes me think you want to bang me...which I'm flattered, but not interested. I don't need my junk to smell like Flaming Hot Cheetos. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

At this point your inability to quit me makes me think you want to bang me...which I'm flattered, but not interested. I don't need my junk to smell like Flaming Hot Cheetos. 

WTF? You too? What’s going on around here? 

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A lot of Disney employees just got canceled. 7k of them. 

Who will be the first person to not actually read into the subscriber numbers and see what really happened?

Reality is fast out of the gates but you have to think HT is going to mount a furious rally. 

Woke isn’t working out so great for them. That latest racist cartoon they put out isn’t going to help matters.  Told ya. 

There isn't a channel that doesn't have this stuff in their shows and movies.    There's no consistency to these "anti-woke" idiots.   People are leaving NF and Disney because they are subpar products as well.   Despite HBO having many similar examples to these other channels, I don't see the outrage and boycotting over them.   That's because HBO is good.   

3 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

There isn't a channel that doesn't have this stuff in their shows and movies.    There's no consistency to these "anti-woke" idiots.   People are leaving NF and Disney because they are subpar products as well.   Despite HBO having many similar examples to these other channels, I don't see the outrage and boycotting over them.   That's because HBO is good.   

Now we’re Comparing Disney and HBO? Don’t you think it’s two different markets? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now we’re Comparing Disney and HBO? Don’t you think it’s two different markets? 

NF and HBO would be closer.   

It depends what the person/idiot's beef is - this stuff in kids' shows, or this stuff in shows.     My point is I've seen just as much complaining about shows that aren't geared towards kids, but people boycotting NF but not HBO.  I just find people's various lines in the sand interesting and when they decide to get upset about things or not.  

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

NF and HBO would be closer.   

It depends what the person/idiot's beef is - this stuff in kids' shows, or this stuff in shows.     My point is I've seen just as much complaining about shows that aren't geared towards kids, but people boycotting NF but not HBO.  I just find people's various lines in the sand interesting and when they decide to get upset about things or not.  

Well my line in the sand is Disney is for kids. They were the ones watching it before  I got rid of it. They can’t watch HBO.  

7 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

If Disney gets canceled obese black women will only have one place left to fight, Burger King.

Well then utilt99/craftsman's job just got more interesting. 

Stock jumped after announcing cost cutting, no mention of woke cutting.  Stock jumped.  Woke was never the problem, it was operating expenses, as has been reported for years.

Disney+ subscriber numbers actually went up in some ways when they are not packaged in a bundle. They lost internationally- mainly because they lost cricket in India so that Hotstar connection cost them 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

Stock jumped after announcing cost cutting, no mention of woke cutting.  Stock jumped.  Woke was never the problem, it was operating expenses, as has been reported for years.

Laying off thousands can have that affect. 

I don't really see Disney paying a high price for attempting to use the "woke" nonsense to attract folks.....parents are going to take their kids to the parks, but the stuff, and allow them to watch traditional Disney stuff....certainly I hope they shield them from the more recent and troubling attempts to expose young minds to more advanced elements of sexuality

19 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Well then utilt99/craftsman's job just got more interesting. 

Just hope he holds his phone in the correct aspect when he films it.  Also hope the fight concludes before the fries are done, we don't want to lose a batch of fries.

35 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well my line in the sand is Disney is for kids. They were the ones watching it before  I got rid of it. They can’t watch HBO.  

Geared towards them, sure.   But they all have kids stuff and feature things like parental controls.   They also all have woke and stuff like sexualizing kids.   

Cool, your personal line in the sand is that Disney is for kids and HBO isn't.   All I am saying is many times I don't hear that specific reason - it's "woke" or "sexual content", etc..   which I mostly find as b.s. for the reasons I stated above - barely anybody applies that consistently.  

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I don't really see Disney paying a high price for attempting to use the "woke" nonsense to attract folks.....parents are going to take their kids to the parks, but the stuff, and allow them to watch traditional Disney stuff....certainly I hope they shield them from the more recent and troubling attempts to expose young minds to more advanced elements of sexuality

What parent doesn't shield their kids though? Throughout the course of time who doesn't?

With anything- be it nudity, violence, gore, sexuality people always have. I love horror movies and I have 10 and 5 year old girls. My oldest has watched stuff like The Karate Kid with me but we aren't watching Porky's together. My girls also aren't watching horror movies with me because they aren't going to be able to handle it. My girls will watch wrestling with me but we've had the discussion of "It's mostly fake and people can get hurt doing this stuff."

When we see something in a cartoon that might be questionable we briefly discuss it because as a parent I control the narrative more than anyone else as much as I can- but once they get on a bus and go to school they are at the mercy of every other parent in the world and I can't control that. Again- if a parent is just throwing on a show- any show- and walking away- they are being neglectful. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Geared towards them, sure.   But they all have kids stuff and feature things like parental controls.   They also all have woke and stuff like sexualizing kids.   

Cool, your personal line in the sand is that Disney is for kids and HBO isn't.   All I am saying is many times I don't hear that specific reason - it's "woke" or "sexual content", etc..   which I mostly find as b.s. for the reasons I stated above - barely anybody applies that consistently.  

It's troubling to me that people are so bad as parents that they need other people to tell them what their kids should and shouldn't watch. 

I guess I’ll say it again, the first ten times didn’t take:  saying disneys woes are all about woke is just as silly as saying woke has nothing to do with it. There are many reasons, and woke  is on the list. Not top of the list, but on it.  

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

What parent doesn't shield their kids though? Throughout the course of time who doesn't?

With anything- be it nudity, violence, gore, sexuality people always have. I love horror movies and I have 10 and 5 year old girls. My oldest has watched stuff like The Karate Kid with me but we aren't watching Porky's together. My girls also aren't watching horror movies with me because they aren't going to be able to handle it. My girls will watch wrestling with me but we've had the discussion of "It's mostly fake and people can get hurt doing this stuff."

When we see something in a cartoon that might be questionable we briefly discuss it because as a parent I control the narrative more than anyone else as much as I can- but once they get on a bus and go to school they are at the mercy of every other parent in the world and I can't control that. Again- if a parent is just throwing on a show- any show- and walking away- they are being neglectful. 

I suggest that some parents do not. In fact, I suggest that too many have not, and we are witnessing the harm

Just now, RLLD said:

I suggest that some parents do not. In fact, I suggest that too many have not, and we are witnessing the harm

Then that is a parenting issue- not a Disney one. Content- of the overly sexual, bizarre, or controversial nature- has always existed here and everywhere. This is not a 2023 issue despite what people invested in the culture war want the world to think.

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

While HBO might be the best of them all, they also gave us Velma, which is the most racist woke trash I have ever seen. 

Also, people leaving the other platforms because they are subpar I would argue they are subpar BECAUSE of "woke trash", not in spite of it.  They are sacrificing story to check boxes and acquiring virtues and THAT is the reason they are subpar.

In reality, if ALL of the options are "woke trash" then people will pick the least offending of the bunch, which is probably HBO Max at this point.

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

If someone at Epcot was struck by lightning, most of the folks here would blame woke. 

No they wouldn't, but you would almost assuredly accuse the lighting of being racist.  Of course, ensuring that people were around first so they could see how virtuous you are.  :)

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

While HBO might be the best of them all, they also gave us Velma, which is the most racist woke trash I have ever seen. 

Also, people leaving the other platforms because they are subpar I would argue they are subpar BECAUSE of "woke trash", not in spite of it.  They are sacrificing story to check boxes and acquiring virtues.

I don’t believe any of this is true. But if it IS true, fine with me. Let the marketplace work. The government shouldn’t take sides, like they do in Florida. When did this stop being a conservative ideal? 

9 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Also, people leaving the other platforms because they are subpar I would argue they are subpar BECAUSE of "woke trash", not in spite of it.  They are sacrificing story to check boxes and acquiring virtues.

In reality, if ALL of the options are "woke trash" then people will pick the least offending of the bunch, which is probably HBO Max at this point.

I guess I find that debatable as well.    IMO it's more about what's in the mainstream, etc..   Nobody seemed to care, but during the whole Cuties crap, I talked about a movie on HBO with an actual minor naked in sexual situations.   I guess it's OK if it's "just the 70s/80s" and not if it's made in 2022?   Like you just pointed out - Velma.  How is that better than whatever is upsetting people on NF or other channels as far as wokeness?     

Like I said above, that's why I find the boycotting and calling out to be stupid, because it's so hard to apply uniformly with any sort of consistency and you usually look like a fool as you are picking and choosing when to be upset (talking in general, not to you).  I just find it interesting.  

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Then that is a parenting issue- not a Disney one. Content- of the overly sexual, bizarre, or controversial nature- has always existed here and everywhere. This is not a 2023 issue despite what people invested in the culture war want the world to think.

Correct. Hence my assertion above....

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t believe any of this is true. But if it IS true, fine with me. Let the marketplace work. The government shouldn’t take sides, like they do in Florida. When did this stop being a conservative ideal? 

While I agree with you in theory, the problem is that if 100% of the programming is woke trash, what are they supposed to do?  These companies are NOT changing their strategy, even though they are losing money by the truckloads and this is because of the woke ideology because the people running these companies are more than willing to sacrifice profits for virtues.

19 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's troubling to me that people are so bad as parents that they need other people to tell them what their kids should and shouldn't watch. 

If only there were dozens of sites where you could get information about shows and what are on them.    Don't click on the show, watch stuff with your kid, research what the show is about - this isn't hard, and it doesn't require boycotts and tribal signaling. 

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

While I agree with you in theory, the problem is that if 100% of the programming is woke trash, what are they supposed to do?  These companies are NOT changing their strategy, even though they are losing money by the truckloads and this is because of the woke ideology because the people running these companies are more than willing to sacrifice profits for virtues.

Come on, now.  You can't find anything to watch?    The hyperbole is off the charts here.  

But you just answered your own question - click on the shows that aren't woke crap.   If you think a service is junk because of that, cancel and write to them as to why you are unsubscribing - things like that.   Maybe we don't agree even on this, but I don't think these services are about pushing woke agenda, they are about getting clicks and subscribes, and they think this stuff is helping them with that.   So it's up to us to show them it's not what most of us want.   

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

Come on, now.  You can't find anything to watch?    The hyperbole is off the charts here.  

But you just answered your own question - click on the shows that aren't woke crap.   If you think a service is junk because of that, cancel and write to them as to why you are unsubscribing - things like that.   Maybe we don't agree even on this, but I don't think these services are about pushing woke agenda, they are about getting clicks and subscribes, and they think this stuff is helping them with that.   So it's up to us to show them it's not what most of us want.   

Fair enough. 

And I MAY have got a bit hyperbolic there.  But just a bit.  ;)

7 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

If by “they” in your question you mean the government- nothing. 

I don’t believe that woke has anything to do with Disney losing money at this time. But if it does then eventually they will change because they have stockholders. Or someone else will come along and offer alternative entertainment and take over a share of the marketplace. That’s how capitalism is supposed to work. 

3 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Disney executives are on record saying they push the lgbtq agenda. They bragged about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Fair enough. 

And I MAY have got a bit hyperbolic there.  But just a bit.  ;)

And I realize this is one of those odd points that really grinds my gears.   It's like the books and bannings/boycots - this stuff has been in them for decades, and people are just now wanting them off the shelves - THIS material with wokeness/sex is OK, but this isn't for some random reason?     I find it all silly and frustrating.   Just stfo and skip over stuff you don't want to consume.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Disney executives are on record saying they push the lgbtq agenda. They bragged about it. 

Sure - because they have a hidden lefty agenda, or because they think that sells?   Two completely different things, and IMO it's more option #2 as I said.