Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

6 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Black girl, with straight blonde hair, arguing against interracial relationships. That's a lot to keep up with.

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I think the pearl clutching is beyond absurd here at this point on this stuff. 

"Masturbating to images of BLM rioters"....are you listening to yourself?

The people responsible for making Strike's Disney educational video, are the exact same people responsible for churning out mindless BLM/Antifa turds. They're indoctrinating young children to see race everywhere, to build resentments against the country, and to discourage them from succeeding. 

When your daughter is six, you set her in front of the TV and give her Disney cartoons. When she's in college, you turn her over to Professor Elizabeth Warren. Next thing you know, your cutesie-wootsie little girl has grown up to be AOC.

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I am just so very glad that my kids managed to escape this trite nonsense....good lord, the damage being done here is substantial....

The problem is parenting. Too many parents just put on shows and walk away without watching things with their kids. That works both ways in multiple angles. 

That is even admitting that I don't know the context of the Proud Family clips (and I'll venture the people posting the clip here or sharing it on Twitter do not either). I will say though that from my understanding that the Proud Family- way back in 2001 when it debuted and ran for 4 years- was always about these things. Pride in African-American culture as being presented through an African-American family living in a predominantly white suburban neighborhood. There was not outrage at it. Because we didn't have Twitter, and we didn't have culture wars of idiots trying to start fights over kids TV shows. 

Any show- regardless of content- should always be watched where a parent can give context to things happening- whether they match their belief system or not. All these activists are doing is trying to parent people's kids for them in the same way they are angered in feeling that TV show creators are trying to parent their kids. It's stupid and people need to stop being drawn into this nonsense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The people responsible for making Strike's Disney educational video, are the exact same people responsible for churning out mindless BLM/Antifa turds. They're indoctrinating young children to see race everywhere, to build resentments against the country, and to discourage them from succeeding. 

When your daughter is six, you set her in front of the TV and give her Disney cartoons. When she's in college, you turn her over to Professor Elizabeth Warren. Next thing you know, your cutesie-wootsie little girl has grown up to be AOC.

Slippery slope fallacy much? 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

The problem is parenting. Too many parents just put on shows and walk away without watching things with their kids. That works both ways in multiple angles. 

That is even admitting that I don't know the context of the Proud Family clips (and I'll venture the people posting the clip here or sharing it on Twitter do not either). I will say though that from my understanding that the Proud Family- way back in 2001 when it debuted and ran for 4 years- was always about these things. Pride in African-American culture as being presented through an African-American family living in a predominantly white suburban neighborhood. There was not outrage at it. Because we didn't have Twitter, and we didn't have culture wars of idiots trying to start fights over kids TV shows. 

Any show- regardless of content- should always be watched where a parent can give context to things happening- whether they match their belief system or not. All these activists are doing is trying to parent people's kids for them in the same way they are angered in feeling that TV show creators are trying to parent their kids. It's stupid and people need to stop being drawn into this nonsense.

I think it can be complex. But only in the way we break free from generational factors.

If you are a kid in a home where no parent is a high school graduate, you are in big trouble.  No college graduates is also a negative.  These two factors manifest in more than one way, the prominent factors are things such as a lack of ability to guide your kid and also the likelihood that the parents are working multiple jobs, and not able to give their kids the attention they need.

If your parents are not holding the kids accountable, enforcing some minimum standards for behavior and outcomes, then they end up being sh!tty people, and we can see this manifest in low income areas more so that affluent ones.  We blame the schools, but the schools only have the sh!tty kids to work with....

I would be non-plussed, at the very least, if my kid came home and told me they were being taught to hate white people.  And no matter what the syllabus says.....or the curriculum says....if THAT is what the kid is taking home, we have a problem.....

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think it can be complex. But only in the way we break free from generational factors.

If you are a kid in a home where no parent is a high school graduate, you are in big trouble.  No college graduates is also a negative.  These two factors manifest in more than one way, the prominent factors are things such as a lack of ability to guide your kid and also the likelihood that the parents are working multiple jobs, and not able to give their kids the attention they need.

If your parents are not holding the kids accountable, enforcing some minimum standards for behavior and outcomes, then they end up being sh!tty people, and we can see this manifest in low income areas more so that affluent ones.  We blame the schools, but the schools only have the sh!tty kids to work with....

I would be non-plussed, at the very least, if my kid came home and told me they were being taught to hate white people.  And no matter what the syllabus says.....or the curriculum says....if THAT is what the kid is taking home, we have a problem.....

1.) Parenting is the biggest issue when it comes to a child's development. All evidence points to that as well.

2.) Parents need to be invested in what their kids watch. Just parking a kid in front of the TV and saying "Here you go.." is bad parenting because you can not give context to anything they are watching. 

3.) Perhaps a TV show creator is trying to tell your kid what to think. But people like Christopher Rufo are trying to tell you what to tell your kid to think. It is a different style of indoctrination because bad parents feel like it is coming from them when they are really the medium.

4.) Schools are not teaching a kid to hate white people. If a kid is taking that message than there needs to be a discussion about why that is. Is it the messenger, is it the comprehension, is it the activities. It may not be sinister but rather just poor execution of practice. I would say though that the idiots who put up videos on TikTok of their beliefs of teaching do a disservice to the rest of the people in the profession. I would also say on the flip side- they are still a small fraction of the population of teachers and would roundly be laughed at in many places. 

28 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Slippery slope fallacy much? 

Well maybe you can explain how this happens in Amerika. I happen to find it very offensive but maybe I'm "pearl clutching." I've laid out my case as to why it happened. I think "1619" is a good clue.

34 minutes ago, Reality said:

Black girl, with straight blonde hair, arguing against interracial relationships. That's a lot to keep up with.

Kids using slang to refer to races, like vanilla for white.  Does that not violate their own code?

Gay guy hanging with the females and speaking in affected tones.  That also seems to violate their code.

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

4.) Schools are not teaching a kid to hate white people. If a kid is taking that message than there needs to be a discussion about why that is. Is it the messenger, is it the comprehension, is it the activities. It may not be sinister but rather just poor execution of practice. I would say though that the idiots who put up videos on TikTok of their beliefs of teaching do a disservice to the rest of the people in the profession. I would also say on the flip side- they are still a small fraction of the population of teachers and would roundly be laughed at in many places. 

This is where you and I likely depart. 

I think the curriculum is sold as being educational, illuminating history in a more clear way etc etc....but in practice it is doing something else.  Parents caught them doing it during COVID and rose up to oppose it.

Moreover, we can look at our younger generations and their hate, and violent nature, and the myriad of other poor behaviors, and the lowering of standards....on and on...there is ample evidence that what they are doing is hurting instead of helping. 

As our kids fall further and further behind other nations, what about our educational system and its ongoing trend to deliver worse and worse results can we point to as "working"?

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Well maybe you can explain how this happens in Amerika. I happen to find it very offensive and I've laid out my case as to why it happened. I think "1619" is a good clue.

There are a lot of idiots in this country on both sides. That is how this happens in America.

And a program that was first presented in 2019 is not a good clue considering most of the people out rioting would've been out of school by the time that hit.

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This is where you and I likely depart. 

I think the curriculum is sold as being educational, illuminating history in a more clear way etc etc....but in practice it is doing something else.  Parents caught them doing it during COVID and rose up to oppose it.

Moreover, we can look at our younger generations and their hate, and violent nature, and the myriad of other poor behaviors, and the lowering of standards....on and on...there is ample evidence that what they are doing is hurting instead of helping. 

As our kids fall further and further behind other nations, what about our educational system and its ongoing trend to deliver worse and worse results can we point to as "working"?

I'd have to ask- what did parents "catch" during COVID? What changed? Books that weren't in curriculums were challenged. That means nothing. And all that happened is more political activists groups started up against and in support of materials. We don't need more activist groups in society.

What is different about kids and being violent? Is there evidence that shows poor behaviors are increasing?

Standards are being lowered but that was happening long before any of this and dates back at the very least 20 years with No Child Left Behind. I would also say lowering of standards is a huge problem and social promoting kids through lower grades is a terrible thing. I also despise the theory of "Failure is not an option." Kids need to know failure is an option.

I would venture the question of "what is working" is going to be answered in a way colored by the proximity one has to a narrative. To me- there are things that don't work, but it isn't CRT or whatever boogeyman people create. A real concern to start with is an overabundance of testing- perpetuated by companies getting rich off of creating those tests. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'd have to ask- what did parents "catch" during COVID? What changed? Books that weren't in curriculums were challenged. That means nothing. And all that happened is more political activists groups started up against and in support of materials. We don't need more activist groups in society.

What is different about kids and being violent? Is there evidence that shows poor behaviors are increasing?

Standards are being lowered but that was happening long before any of this and dates back at the very least 20 years with No Child Left Behind. I would also say lowering of standards is a huge problem and social promoting kids through lower grades is a terrible thing. I also despise the theory of "Failure is not an option." Kids need to know failure is an option.

I would venture the question of "what is working" is going to be answered in a way colored by the proximity one has to a narrative. To me- there are things that don't work, but it isn't CRT or whatever boogeyman people create. A real concern to start with is an overabundance of testing- perpetuated by companies getting rich off of creating those tests. 

Parents were at home with their kids, often at the same table.....and they overheard what was being taught, it manifested first in Virginia, and when it entered the news cycle other parents started paying closer attention and raising the alarm.  These are just the ones who took action, who caught it, we have to also note that curriculum is an educational SYSTEM, and if it is happening in one school you can reliably infer it is happening through out that system.

The issue of violence and behaviors became such a problem that standards for accountability and punishment were lowered.

Agree on standards being lowered, the issue did not start just in the past few years. Rather than fix the problem, they have steadily lowered the bar to be met. 

Objecting to concepts, such as the CRT thing, is right....and we should do it....

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Liberals don't work. They are broken. And this dude proves it in every post he makes. And I'm sure every time he opens his mouth to say something. 

Times have changed.  I grew up watching Combat, Rat Patrol, Gunsmoke, Branded, Bonanza, Andy Griffith.  The gayest thing we were exposed to was Don Knots playing Barney Fife or maybe his movies like The Incredible Mr.  Limpet or the Ghost and Mr. Chicken and in those, in the end, he got the girl, sometimes a very hot girl. 

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Parents were at home with their kids, often at the same table.....and they overheard what was being taught, it manifested first in Virginia, and when it entered the news cycle other parents started paying closer attention and raising the alarm.  These are just the ones who took action, who caught it, we have to also note that curriculum is an educational SYSTEM, and if it is happening in one school you can reliably infer it is happening through out that system.

The issue of violence and behaviors became such a problem that standards for accountability and punishment were lowered.

Agree on standards being lowered, the issue did not start just in the past few years. Rather than fix the problem, they have steadily lowered the bar to be met. 

Objecting to concepts, such as the CRT thing, is right....and we should do it....

It isn't a system thing though because the school districts rise to the need of their individual concerns. There is not some overall cabal that is pushing one program into all the districts at a curricular level. That is the disconnect. Furthermore, a course is created by a teacher, they present it to a school board, that curriculum gets posted online for public viewing, it is then opened for questioning at a school board meeting, and then it is voted on by a school board. It isn't just a teacher throwing things together on a whim. And if a teacher does throw something in on a whim then they need to be prepared to fall on the sword for it if it crosses some line. I have no sympathy for a teacher that does something stupid like that.

Standards for accountability and punishment were again not lowered across the board. In some areas probably, not in all.

The problem to me is not that people are objecting to CRT. If you are a taxpayer you have the right to question and seek answers. I have a problem with the misrepresentation that is put forth and being presented as fact. I have a problem with the people who are on Twitter saying "Here is what they are teaching, subscribe to my Patreon to find out more." I have a problem with the activist groups that are creating campaigns of "We need you to stop this in your district" and then grooming people to run for school boards to carry out their narratives. I have a problem with people using those activist groups as a cause to create counter activist groups. There are problems in schools- you will get no argument from me, but I think people are nibbling at the edges and not actively trying to solve the problems because there is no money in it for them.

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Times have changed.  I grew up watching Combat, Rat Patrol, Gunsmoke, Branded, Bonanza, Andy Griffith.  The gayest thing we were exposed to was Don Knots playing Barney Fife or maybe his movies like The Incredible Mr.  Limpet or the Ghost and Mr. Chicken and in those, in the end, he got the girl, sometimes a very hot girl. 

Because he was smart. Liberals are not smart. 

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Did people freak out when Curly of the Three Stooges would dress as a woman to steal secrets from the Nazis?

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

I know many who are extremely smart.  

You can't be smart and have liberal motivations. In the end, it's all ruinous.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Did people freak out when Curly of the Three Stooges would dress as a woman to steal secrets from the Nazis?

I didn't.  I knew curly to be all man.  Now Uncle Milty, though before my time, I had doubts about him even though legend has it he was not just all man, but really about two and a half to three men.

Leave it to the mind of a liberal to compare a guy dressing up like a woman for a comedy bit to be the same thing as a guy wanting to go through sex change therapy and surgery to pretend to be a woman for the rest of his life. Well, until he doesn't want that anymore. Ooopsie, too late. Now you are Cousin It. 

Liberals are so stupid. 

On 2/6/2023 at 10:08 AM, Sean Mooney said:

3.) Who gets this triggered by a cartoon that is run on a pay streaming service? It is watched by an average amount of people. Also, you guys are really dopey if you think kids are so detached that they are going to say "Oh man, if the Proud family says it then it must be true."

Wasn't it liberals who said that what kids see on tv is what they expect to see in life?  It was their reasoning for racism, "toxic masculinity", and chauvinism in Hollywood where the black guy is always the bad guy... mostly white men in shows, or hot white women, black women were almost non-existent, no gays... things like that.  Now you're saying that kids don't care about that kind of thing?

29 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

It isn't a system thing though because the school districts rise to the need of their individual concerns. There is not some overall cabal that is pushing one program into all the districts at a curricular level. That is the disconnect. Furthermore, a course is created by a teacher, they present it to a school board, that curriculum gets posted online for public viewing, it is then opened for questioning at a school board meeting, and then it is voted on by a school board. It isn't just a teacher throwing things together on a whim. And if a teacher does throw something in on a whim then they need to be prepared to fall on the sword for it if it crosses some line. I have no sympathy for a teacher that does something stupid like that.

Standards for accountability and punishment were again not lowered across the board. In some areas probably, not in all.

The problem to me is not that people are objecting to CRT. If you are a taxpayer you have the right to question and seek answers. I have a problem with the misrepresentation that is put forth and being presented as fact. I have a problem with the people who are on Twitter saying "Here is what they are teaching, subscribe to my Patreon to find out more." I have a problem with the activist groups that are creating campaigns of "We need you to stop this in your district" and then grooming people to run for school boards to carry out their narratives. I have a problem with people using those activist groups as a cause to create counter activist groups. There are problems in schools- you will get no argument from me, but I think people are nibbling at the edges and not actively trying to solve the problems because there is no money in it for them.

I am honestly a little surprised that you are not worried about a "systemic" issue here, and defending the systemic influence. 

We will have to agree to disagree on the problem the educational system is fomenting I think.

My position that I am gratified that I no longer have children in the system, and being exposed to the ever-diminishing system remains.  Of course we never relied on teachers, we taught our kids ever bit as much as the teachers did.  And that is less a statement toward the quality of the teachers so much as our vested interest in helping our kids have access to the kind of life we worked so very hard to enjoy.  At the end of the day you either own your own company or work for someone else, and if you are working you should seek to improve yourself to a point where you are valuable, and you can secure the most money for your time. 

We did not learn this from CNN.....or a politician....or a rap lyric....or the kids in the neighborhood, we learned it from our parents, who insisted that hard work is the path to success, and you will fail an awful lot before you succeed. Never once did they tell me I was swimming against the tide of a mean system, or a nation that was built to hold me back.....although in truth until I met the standards for the meritocracy it might have felt like I was being held back

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Good grief.  In this scenario is the person interacting with their daughter at all? 

I guess that is why I don't get my feathers too ruffled about this stuff.  If I don't agree with shows, books, whatever- I can largely skip over those.  No need to ban them for others, no need to call other parents names and tell them what to do.  I am confident in my parenting abilities. 

Leave me alone,  I leave you alone.  I thought that is how most of us operate and want to be treated.  

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wasn't it liberals who said that what kids see on tv is what they expect to see in life?  It was their reasoning for racism, "toxic masculinity", and chauvinism in Hollywood where the black guy is always the bad guy... mostly white men in shows, or hot white women, black women were almost non-existent, no gays... things like that.  Now you're saying that kids don't care about that kind of thing?

I don't know what "liberals" said. Is there a hive mind or book I need to see?

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

I don't know what "liberals" said. Is there a hive mind or book I need to see?

So ignorance is your go to?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

Good grief.  In this scenario is the person interacting with their daughter at all? 

I guess that is why I don't get my feathers too ruffled about this stuff.  If I don't agree with shows, books, whatever- I can largely skip over those.  No need to ban them for others, no need to call other parents names and tell them what to do.  I am confident in my parenting abilities. 

Leave me alone,  I leave you alone.  I thought that is how most of us operate and want to be treated.  

You liberals just take too much joy out of sick menacing messages being thrown around and targeting kids. That's what makes liberal teachers disgusting. All they want to do is get their hands on the kids and tell them lies about life here in the US.

So disgusting. 

33 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

This is a priceless post by a member of the cancel culture.

• Haha 1

I see Mooney is hard at work again today. Are we really talking about problems in education with a teacher that posts on a message board all day instead of teaching? 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So ignorance is your go to?

I asked a question....do you have an answer to it?

Is there a place I can find what the liberal hive mind wants? Is it like the ship in Alien?

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

People laughed their asses off because Curley was an incredibly talented slapstick physical comedian, because seeing a man dressed as a woman is ridiculously absurd, and because the only people who might deserve to be catfished by a man dressed as a woman would be despicable Nazis.

Maybe one cure for the social contagion of mass transgenderism is to return to seeing it as ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I am honestly a little surprised that you are not worried about a "systemic" issue here, and defending the systemic influence. 

We will have to agree to disagree on the problem the educational system is fomenting I think.

My position that I am gratified that I no longer have children in the system, and being exposed to the ever-diminishing system remains.  Of course we never relied on teachers, we taught our kids ever bit as much as the teachers did.  And that is less a statement toward the quality of the teachers so much as our vested interest in helping our kids have access to the kind of life we worked so very hard to enjoy.  At the end of the day you either own your own company or work for someone else, and if you are working you should seek to improve yourself to a point where you are valuable, and you can secure the most money for your time. 

We did not learn this from CNN.....or a politician....or a rap lyric....or the kids in the neighborhood, we learned it from our parents, who insisted that hard work is the path to success, and you will fail an awful lot before you succeed. Never once did they tell me I was swimming against the tide of a mean system, or a nation that was built to hold me back.....although in truth until I met the standards for the meritocracy it might have felt like I was being held back

Small difference- I do think there are some systems that are in place that affect teaching. In so much as they exist yes there is some systemic problems. However, I don't think the things that you seem to think are systemic issues- they are more localized and not top down.

I agree on the latter two paragraphs to some degree. Parents are important. They need to reinforce or provide an alternative to what a student learns. It is not supposed to be so antagonistic from parents to teachers or teachers to parents but that is the way the system has moved. That is a problem. Furthermore, I would bet there were mentions in your schooling of a "mean system" but you were not as tied into the narrative surrounding them so it didn't process to you- which should give some indication as to the effectiveness of this stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Is there a place I can find what the liberal hive mind wants? Is it like the ship in Alien?

George Soros sends me a newsletter with instructions. Usually works. 

Just now, Voltaire said:

People laughed their asses off because Curley was an incredibly talented slapstick physical comedian, because seeing a man dressed as a woman is ridiculously absurd, and because the only people who might deserve to be catfished by a man dressed as a woman would be despicable Nazis.

Maybe one cure for the social contagion of mass transgenderism is to return to seeing it as ridiculous.

You didn't see that Grammy thread with the male wearing a comically large bust. Cause I laughed at how ridiculous that looked. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I see Mooney is hard at work again today. Are we really talking about problems in education with a teacher that posts on a message board all day instead of teaching? 

I see HT as of 02/07 still can't quit me even though he said he would. 

Go figure out your next set of lies to spew on here kid

Just now, Voltaire said:

Maybe one cure for the social contagion of mass transgenderism is to return to seeing it as ridiculous.

The bolded is where you wander into absurdity. Where is mass transgenderism taking place, except in the minds of paranoid conservatives? 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

George Soros sends me a newsletter with instructions. Usually works. 

I KNEW IT!  I bet you get the Sal Alinsky Quarterly as well.

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I see HT as of 02/07 still can't quit me even though he said he would. 

Go figure out your next set of lies to spew on here kid

Any lying is up for debate. What’s not up for debate is you playing on a message board all day while you’re supposed to be teaching.  

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Any lying is up for debate. What’s not up for debate is you playing on a message board all day while you’re supposed to be teaching.  

Did you Google my schedule and everything?

Are you stalking me now?

Again- you said you could quit me....you clearly can't

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Did you Google my schedule and everything?

Are you stalking me now?

Again- you said you could quit me....you clearly can't

Looks like he's calling you out for being the useless sack of liberal shlt you are. :dunno: