Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

CEO's/boards have a lot of leeway in their decisions re: maximizing profits, especially when it comes to setting standards.   I wouldn't expect "Toys 'R Us" to deal in sex toys for example.  And no one would say they should just because it's a profitable market.  But Disney chose to enter the Chinese film market, and as I showed above does not care about the atrocities committed by the Chinese government.   So, it's very odd that they chose to include a gay kiss in Lightyear that adds nothing to the story, to the detriment of their bottom line.  And I believe that's what started this tangent.  Hurting your bottom line for no good reason violates their fiduciary duty IMO.  And you, and some others, suggesting that ignoring the Chinese market for no good reason is idiotic.

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agree.  Wall Street cares about specific things and if they are happy with Disney then its going according to plan.

As an individual investor it might be nice to have the option to invest in a company that is also feeding your political agenda as well as your investment goals.  Similarly, if you instead prefer a company focused on value to the investor it is nice to have access to that as well. 

As an investor I would probably shy away from companies getting involved in political matriculations that do not feed profit.

But I think we can all agree there should be a morality involved, right?

You get to the question than of "who's morality" though? The world is changing. I might be an individual investor in Disney and not have a problem with stuff that has an LGBTQ slant even if there is a cap on how far I prefer it to go. Another investor might say go all the way with the LGBTQ stuff, and a third might say- get rid of it all.

Companies have a lot of masters to please. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

it's very odd that they chose to include a gay kiss in Lightyear that adds nothing to the story, to the detriment of their bottom line.

I've never seen the movie, but the writers say that it's important to the story.  They obviously thought it was a better movie with it than without it.  It's their decision, not yours.  They thought they could make more money with a better movie in the markets it's available as opposed to making a watered down movie that would be released in all markets.  We will never know if they made the right choice or not, so arguing about it is stupid.

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You get to the question than of "who's morality" though? The world is changing. I might be an individual investor in Disney and not have a problem with stuff that has an LGBTQ slant even if there is a cap on how far I prefer it to go. Another investor might say go all the way with the LGBTQ stuff, and a third might say- get rid of it all.

Companies have a lot of masters to please. 

Again. I agree.   It might tend to suggest that companies should avoid the entire enterprise. But that ship appears to have sailed. 

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I've never seen the movie, but the writers say that it's important to the story.  They obviously thought it was a better movie with it than without it.  It's their decision, not yours.  They thought they could make more money with a better movie in the markets it's available as opposed to making a watered down movie that would be released in all markets.  We will never know if they made the right choice or not, so arguing about it is stupid.

Wrong.  They did it because a bunch of wokies whined:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/pixar-lightyear-same-sex-kiss-1235209179/

Had nothing to do with making a better movie or that it was important to the story.  Look, I have no problem with a gay kiss in a movie.  But when the movie is marketed to kids and management decides it's not necessary, to add it back to appease a small vocal group such that you get the product banned in a bunch of countries, including the largest market for it, is stupid. 

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Again. I agree.   It might tend to suggest that companies should avoid the entire enterprise. But that ship appears to have sailed. 

I get it though from companies. There are companies on the right that target that audience, there are ones on the left that target that audience. It's corporate virtue signaling because it gives them clicks and prestige 

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Had nothing to do with making a better movie or that it was important to the story.  Look, I have no problem with a gay kiss in a movie.  But when the movie is marketed to kids and management decides it's not necessary, to add it back to appease a small vocal group such that you get the product banned in a bunch of countries, including the largest market for it, is stupid. 

Did you even read your own link?

The March 9 statement by Pixar employees states that “Disney corporate reviews” were responsible for the diminution of LGBTQ representation at Pixar

“Nearly every moment of overtly gay affection is cut at Disney’s behest, regardless of when there is protest from both the creative teams and executive leadership at Pixar,” the statement says. “Even if creating LGBTQIA+ content was the answer to fixing the discriminatory legislation in the world, we are being barred from creating it.”

So what happened is the creative team thought it was important, corp wanted it cut, the creators objected and it was put back.  So yes, the creators felt is was important and corp agreed.

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Did you even read your own link?

So what happened is the creative team thought it was important, corp wanted it cut, the creators objected and it was put back.  So yes, the creators felt is was important and corp agreed.

According to the producer, the kiss was cut for time, but was put back in after they were accusing of gay censoring.

The finished film has other clear nods to Alisha and Kiko's love story, including Alisha telling Buzz that she married a woman, but the show of affection, along along with other moments from the montage, was initially cut for time. While the kiss ultimately found its way back into the final cut, other more complicated elements were left on the editing floor.

https://ew.com/movies/lightyear-director-pixar-first-same-sex-kiss/

The battle between Disney and Ron DeSantis is taking a pretty hilarious turn, as the former uses the governor’s own memoir against him in their recent lawsuit.

https://news.yahoo.com/oop-ron-desantiss-own-memoir-135142039.html

“One of the most damning of all. Ron DeSantis blatantly hinting that the new Reedy Creek board would try to exert control over content produced by Disney.”

The possibility that the governor’s own desperation to pander to a rightwing base could backfire in such a practical way has become a source of amusement on social media after watching this all play out so transparently for the past year.

“It's going to be hard for DeSantis to claim that he was misquoted in his own memoir. Or that the quotes are taken out of context given how clearly they lay out that his actions were punishment against Disney speaking out against a bill. He's hosed.”

:lol:

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2023 at 9:05 AM, The Real timschochet said:

Beyond the Disney question, this whole attack by conservatives against transgenders is a losing political issue for Republicans: 

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/09/15/how-americans-view-policy-proposals-on-transgender-and-gender-identity-issues-and-where-such-policies-exist/

Except for restrictions on girls sports (which even I agree with) most Americans don’t  like this anti-trans stuff. An even more recent poll suggests that most Americans view woke positively. 

Your link proves the opposite. Despite their constant brainwashing in media, big tech, Hollywood and academia, most people still support the right's position on all of these issues other than job protection.

On 4/27/2023 at 11:17 AM, GutterBoy said:

That’s true. There’s just no way to know. 🤡

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s true. There’s just no way to know. 🤡

Stupid still wants to argue about it.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Stupid still wants to argue about it.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

You really had to copy and paste a post you made earlier on the page?  A post that I already replied to and proved you wrong? :lol:

Just now, GutterBoy said:

You really had to copy and paste a post you made earlier on the page?  A post that I already replied to? :lol:

You made the same idiotic assertion that my original post easily refuted.  Why would I reinvent the wheel? 

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

You made the same idiotic assertion that my original post easily refuted.  Why would I reinvent the wheel? 

Because I already proved you wrong? :lol:

Take a break Strike.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Because I already proved you wrong? :lol:

Take a break Strike.

No, you didn't.  You posted some quote from someone saying they cut the kiss for "time".  Yeah, time was a  concern for a 100 minute movie LOL.   John Wick 4 is 3 hours long.  Yeah, it was time.  Are you really stupid enough to believe that excuse?  Because it's either that you are that stupid or just trolling.  Either way, the next time you "prove me wrong" will be the first Pedoboy.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

No, you didn't.  You posted some quote from someone saying they cut the kiss for "time".  Yeah, time was a  concern for a 100 minute movie LOL.   John Wick 4 is 3 hours long.  Yeah, it was time.  Are you really stupid enough to believe that excuse?  Because it's either that you are that stupid or just trolling.  Either way, the next time you "prove me wrong" will be the first Pedoboy.

someone?  Only an interview with the producer and director.  And "the bunch of wokies" were Disney employees, and they complained about the political donations to republicans, not the kiss being cut from the movie.  Fock man you have no idea what you're talking about here.  Go back to defending David Koresh raping kids.

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

someone?  Only an interview with the producer and director.  And "the bunch of wokies" were Disney employees, and they complained about the political donations to republicans, not the kiss being cut from the movie.  Fock man you have no idea what you're talking about here.  Go back to defending David Koresh raping kids.

I don't care who it was.  As if the people associated with the movie wouldn't lie.  If you believe "time" was the reason they cut a scene from a 100 minute movie that according to you makes the movie better you're either retarded or trolling.   As far as who the wokies were, it doesn't matter.  The scene was restored because a bunch of wokies whined. 

So two Disney executives say they are purposefully putting lgbtq into movies but then decided to cut a three second kiss to save time. Yup. 

Oooof.  Another four million subs gone.  

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oooof.  Another four million subs gone.  

Did you read why?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Did you read why?

People cancelled? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

People cancelled? 

They no longer were carrying cricket and subs from India cancelled.  India represents the majority of Disney Plus subs.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They no longer were carrying cricket and subs from India cancelled.  India represents the majority of Disney Plus subs.

The main reason behind the decline was Disney+ Hotstar, which shed 8% of its subscriber base, going from 57.5 million subs in Q1 2023 to 52.9 million. Many viewers in India are upset with the company’s decision to not retain streaming rights for the Indian Premier Cricket League.

Also parks revenue beat estimates.  Go Woke Go to the Parks.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No, that was last quarter. This is 4 million more.  Keep up. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No, that was last quarter. This is 4 million more.  Keep up. 

Yeah, and they still don't have those cricket matches, and people keep leaving.  Get it?

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

The main reason behind the decline was Disney+ Hotstar, which shed 8% of its subscriber base, going from 57.5 million subs in Q1 2023 to 52.9 million. Many viewers in India are upset with the company’s decision to not retain streaming rights for the Indian Premier Cricket League.

Also parks revenue beat estimates.  Go Woke Go to the Parks.

Oh good. That’s why Wall Street doesn’t seem to mind.  🤣🤡💥

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Did you read why?

HT read? HAHA

He is invested in "Disney being canceled." Nothing will shake him off of this. Logic and reason and intelligence be damned. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

That's was my observation when I was last there 

Ever google Disney Adults? Some sad people love that place. It’s no wonder their stock is down from over 200 a share.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ever google Disney Adults? Some sad people love that place. It’s no wonder their stock is down from over 200 a share.  

Taking the Kids to the Bahamas instead next month. It's cheaper and non- threatening. 😊

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

That's was my observation when I was last there 

You weren't there, we already proved that you lied about the whole thing 

27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You weren't there, we already proved that you lied about the whole thing 

You remember, you were there with your kids for the Mickey and Minnie Annual Tranny Fest/Dining with the Drag Queens & special guests, The 7 Dwarfs. At night you and your Wife attended the LBGTQXY Gang Bang Party 

Remember now? 

Disney accused of misleading investors on streaming revenue.